Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite gaming style?

Hi guys...so there are many types of challenges and sim making competitions going on in the community. I was wondering what is your favorite gaming style. Do you prefer a certain themes or challenges. For example do you make berry sims, vampire sims or perhaps love playing realistic human like sims? What types of challenges you like the most or do you just create sims, build or something else...describe your favorite things to do in the game, thanks.

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I do not build as I haven't the patience but know that other simmers create superb lots and are kind enough to share them. But I do like managing my worlds - ie. creating clubs, downloading and editing suitable households to populate my world. Keeping needs met and financial security with a realistic world is my style. However, if I fancy a bit of chaos I bring out my vampire!

I've always avoided challenges as they stress me but I did recently complete the plantsim challenge.

• LivLifeLoveLivLifeLove Posts: 73 Member
    I like playing normal human sims the best. I love creating unique sims with interesting personalities, building their dream homes, growing their families, advancing their careers, etc. I embrace the realistic side of the game :smile:
    2sbFhy3.gif
  • DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I like playing with human sims. I'm not the best at building but I try. I mostly like decorating their houses. I would like to do a real challenge and often attempted to,but I have to play my way. So I give up easily. I like to have a bit of drama here and there. I even get a little deviant sometimes, not too often though. I play families mostay. The only time I'd have a single simom if it's one of the offspring of the original sims. I also like starting them off really poor and making them work their way to success, but I don't get them jobs all of the time.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I mostly play with human families and often build the houses myself, but rarely build community lots. I particularly love starting off poor and building up through the generations.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I mostly like to build and decorate.

My favorite challenge is the "One Room, One Week, One Theme" building challenge. Which can be found on this forum at >TheSims4>TheSims4CreativeCorner>TheSims4Lots>OneRoom,OneWeek,OneTheme. Rosemow is the moderator.

This came about because I realized that I had never used the stylized room option while building. I started to browse the TheSims4 Lots section and became overwhelmed by the content. So I decided to pick only one to follow. This one sounded manageable.

While I have not submitted a room publicly to this challenge. I do privately follow the weekly design challenge and try to incorporate the room into a build. I like being inspired by what the other Simmers design. May be some one of these weeks I'll get the courage to post one of my rooms.

As far as creating Sims to play the game. I usually just build a household in CAS. Occasionally I get more involved creating my Sims. I need to pay more attention to their traits and relationships.

Overall I enjoy playing The Sims 4.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I like lots of babies, toddlers and kids. I like gameplay to be a little challenging, otherwise it is boring and sadly there is not much to challenge us with ts4. Hence my preference for a house full of youngsters ;)

Hopefully, one day, they will add a little more drama, danger and random events.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I like to play with crazy, but human sims (rarely vampires). My sims are like characters in a sitcom :D I also like to build venues for my world from time to time. I also want to try some challenges soon, but most of them don't suit my playstyle at all, but I created an own challenge that sounds really stressful if I think about it. Well, I'll try it anyway :D .
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I tend to play family style, mostly challenges and legacies. I don't do much building but I love spending time in CAS. I'd like to make more zany characters, but I don't feel their traits really make much of a difference, unfortunately.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I prefer playing as realistically as possible, and I enjoy playing families throughout generations.
    But every once in awhile I'll take a visit to my Supernatural save, where vampires and self-made werewolves, witches, etc. roam around.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I like to play with mostly normal families. Days go pretty normal without any drama, but sometimes i like to spice things up by adding some drama and a little bit of fantasy elements to my sims life.
    Right now i'm playing a legacy that has a master vampire in it and he's like a family guardian. He will be around until the very end of the family line, and even beyond that. Usually i use him to help the family if there's any need for some extra help with children, tending the garden etc... but mostly i do not control him and let him do whatever he likes on his own.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Multiple normal families, just doing normal family things. Rotation, one sim week Sunday to Sunday, on long life. No money cheats, but everything else is fair game, especially aspirations. I might have to change the life span, because I've been on this save for several months & am still on the first generation. But I like long life, because they can get so much more accomplished, then have time to enjoy their rewards. I get obsessed with collecting, I'll send my sims to the gym or museum, then just have them run around & gather up all the collectibles.

Not really into any of the supernaturals we have right now, so they're not really a big part of my game at the moment.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love challenges. Favourites are the legacy, prosperity, royal kingdom and the poverty challenge. I play quite realistically and I play rotationally usually.

Occasionally I play with supernaturals but I'm not the biggest fan of them.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I tend to be a family player or play a single Sim & create stories. Recently started a few challenges....I like legacy challenges, but I like the ones that are unique such as the Not So Berry or I'm A Lover. Just started 100 Baby Challenge, and that one is fun too. I also like to play with a bit of chaos of drama. I'm big on supernaturals, so the vampires are fun as well. & I'm a builder. I kind of like to mix it up to keep it interesting.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I seldom play with families, mostly I play a single sim and have them grow up, get married etc, but by the time their kid is a teem i get bored with the family and start over.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited April 2017
    I play a realistic, rotational, interconnected game. Parts of it are kind of like a soap opera or drama but not entirely. There are only certain households that have some drama. Plenty of others are just living their lives in a pretty typical way.

At some point, I might change that or be interested in adding a different save. I've played with the Windenburg families so much in this save that I'd probably be hesitant to do so in another save unless I turn them into vampires or something.

I try to play in such a way that certain sims are roughly the same age at the same time. If I want to play a sim a lot and don't want to mess up the aging of the rotation, I'll play them with aging off. When they have kids though, the aging has to go on. I guess it's a way that I get around the length of parenting with the addition of toddlers. I let my sims who haven't had kids yet have as much time as I want them to without aging before they have kids.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I like to focus mainly on a single family and ultimately see how rich I can make them. Particularly, I really enjoy building homes based on their budget. Since I aim to increase my sims overall savings, I have to take into account how much they bring in each week and how much the bills will deduct. Then, try to make a house the right size/style based on the current family's personalities.

In the end, I tend to play generational to switch my family's theme up. I don't mind supernaturals at all. In fact, I like the spice they bring to the game. Particularly vampires who might have specific building requirements such as covered patios. But there's a fun simplicity in just playing humans, too.

I don't seem to focus nearly as much on the drama/story of my characters that I've seen other people do! I guess I'm an oddball! lol! :lol:
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I play mostly human sim families, sort of story-based legacy style but I don't strictly follow the rules.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    I play "reality TV" style. I create a bunch of households with wildly different backstories, dump them into the game, sit back and watch the drama unfold as they interact with each other. This in turn inspires me to come up with stories and scenarios to play out. For example, a teenaged sim of mine got treated very nastily by one of her mean brothers. So I sent her crazy grandpa out to the Humor and Hijinks festival to win a voodoo doll, so that she can use it torture her mean brother back as revenge, hehe. >:)
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited April 2017
    I like my game simple. A small, single storey house is all I need. I can't be bothered with paging up and down in a large house with staircases blocking my vision and Sims taking all day to get anywhere (and not being able to find them).

I prefer to play with a single Sim but in Sims 4 it goes from a preference to a necessity.

Yesterday I played a new household of three brothers. The game started off with them being hungry and each of them heading off to the fridge and insisting on trying to cook a meal even though there weren't enough counters. I had to make one nap on the sofa to keep him out of the way while the other two made a salad.

On the next Sim day one of them wanted to read a book and went to sit on the bed, remember that sofa? Well, none of them did. The other two forgot the dining table and chairs, too, and went to sit on the beds (two singles next to each other) to eat their meals. But none of them would settle and so they just 'played musical chairs'.

Why, for goodness' sake why, can't they ever just eat a meal in peace? They're never happy unless they're right on top of each other.

Same thing in the library. Loads of space and all the Sims crowding each other in one small section of it. I'm happier to have my Sim out and about exploring and gathering stuff.

Having said that I do quite like to watch what Sims get up to when left to their own devices. It's fun when there's no eating or books involved :)

I downloaded a version of the Caliente sisters yesterday, oh dear, talk about ultra sleazy. I loved them. They look amazing. Rather tanned and just a suggestion of a little cosmetic enhancement.

Dina came knocking on the door of the three guys mentioned above and they asked her in. She sat between two of them at the dining table and I've never seen anything like it in the Sims. Her mood was flirty and I think she was purring as she undulated fetchingly in her little black dress. It was just so perfect.

I don't want to attempt to play her now, I'll never do her justice :)

I suppose my play style is explorer and observer...
    Don't feed the trolls
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I like to play with challenges primarily (legacy, randomacy, DITFT, etc.). I also like to play rotationally, so I'll alternate between my rotational and challenge saves.
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I tend to focus on one family per save, but I do rotate save files so I don't get bored. Right now I have a vampire family in one save, a plantsim-alien in the second one, a vampire-human in the third and a human one in the fourth. I like to mix-up my game and try to explore features I haven't before, so I attempt to make each save unique in some way by having my Sims live in different places, work different jobs, aspire to slightly different things.

For example in the vampire-human family save I'm mostly letting my Sims decide what they want to do and having fun watching them do things on their own. It's probably my most favourite save file at the moment because I also finally turned autonomous marriage on in MCCC and got my first spontaneous engagement and marriage in game which was so sweet to see. So it feels like those Sims are much more naturally in love than the other ones I've been playing if it makes any sense. But don't get me wrong, I love all my families, I just switch focus from time to time to keep things interesting.

I don't play with much drama normally, however I am attempting to create a bit more than usual as of late. I also tend to love big and interracial families and I positively adore toddlers. The game feels a bit empty if I don't have any toddlers around, hence the four save files. xD
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited April 2017
    In general I like growing my families, getting through careers, collecting, supernaturals, building at times, but also downloading sims and builds from other players.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    The grand majority of my playing hours are in build and buy mode, but I've created many sims and have plenty more planned.

I guess my play style is normal sims, then vampires second. I tend to be very controlling with each sim, and more of a need-to-do player (care for needs, perform career/school tasks, skill and relationship building etc.) rather than an Anything Goes player. I also don't like drama. I've dealt with the sadness of one of my nicest sims after his partner woohoo'ed with another. I don't want to go through that again lol.
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I like to use hepes of Custom Content and make very unique and beautiful sims, it takes me a while when I'm making my perfect version of a sim.
  • IrishAussieIrishAussie Posts: 63 Member
    I love playing with big households! In my opinion they keep the game challenging and I love toddlers <3
    ~My level of sarcasm has gotten to point where I don't know if I'm kidding or not.~