March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STUFF PACK: References for Concept Artists

Comments

• RobynTylerRobynTyler Posts: 38 Member

OBJ: Object suggestions must be MIMICS. They have to be an object class we already have in the game. For example: sofa, table, bookshelf, shower, stereo, wood working bench, etc. Clutter objects are perfectly fine as long as it does not imply gameplay. It needs to still follow the same technical placement/animation rules as existing items, without holding alt or using cheats like moveobjects.

Please do not suggest objects we do not have in game yet.
    Objects with new gameplay, animations, or functionality are things
    you will be getting to place a vote on June 23rd.

@SimGuruKimmi I was just wondering if this means that we won't be getting to suggest new gameplay objects ourselves? And does this mean that we'll only get one new feature for this pack? I know that stuff packs are the smallest of the paid content packs so it's usually light on features, but I feel from all the recent discussions in the forums that it might be a little underwhelming to people if the choice is washing machines or solar panels, if that makes sense.
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    Roof solar panels
    Green-Living-101-Six-Ways-To-Make-Your-Home-More-Eco-Friendly.jpg

Ground /flat roof solar panels from TS3
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

As others have mentioned , Palett furniture
    fe34ff377c04e9a2932d2866ab695260.jpg
    a-pick-nic-table-made-from-used-pallets.jpg
    Pallet-Furniture-Set-For-The-Entire-Family.jpg
    fb43d19e65689c0d4d776b442230af15.jpg
    5-cool-pallet-furniture-ideas-for-your-kids-room-1.jpg
    pallet-furniture-ideas-easy-diy-upcycled-decorated-lounge-colorful-cushion.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Pallet-Kitchen-Organizer-Tea-Rack.jpg

Country/rustic Style kitchen
    pallet-garden-furniture_decorated-wine-bottle_cheap-bedroom-decorating-ideas-for-teenagers_vintage-steel-tanker-desk_wall-art-ideas-for-living-room-diy_.jpg
    27a1264c1cf819c2201bcb7b111e6ab5.jpg
    20160922-909.jpg

Sectional dining seating. We got some with dine out, but the booths look out of place in a house
    furniture-kitchen-kitchen-booth-seating-with-nice-kitchen-banquette-seating-us-with-simple-rectangular-wooden-tableb-with-storage-design-kitchen-booth-seating-with-modern-furniture-for-amazing-home.jpg
    thumb-cottage-style-living-rooms-cottage-style-living-rooms-traditional-home-dining-booth.jpg
    white-wooden-breakfast-nook-table-with-storage-bench-and-cushions-for-accent-also-oval-white-wooden-table-on-brown-laminated-wooden-tiled-floor-with-booth-dining-tables-and-booth-at-a-restaurant-758x758.jpg
    f472ebcf04e2c11b_6717-w240-h399-b0-p0--home-design.jpg

Stone fireplace
    ideas-family-room-design-with-fireplace-ikea-living-tv-inspirations-designs-sectionals-of-cabinet-sectional-furniture.jpg
    671fee6b90829c3486c3392af87e9728.jpg

Hairstyles
    9a34cb759887396a7e46b62e39dfc60d.jpg
    4a5b606b39ecd5ca85a9ee044c7437fa.jpg
    2b3144ce4629073ae657838211192cf7.jpg
    0c9e9ce573d8b25fac4aa192d888819d.jpg
    cortes-de-pelo-para-nenas-cortos.jpg
    Cortes-de-cabello-para-cambiar-de-look-2016-5.jpg
    cortes-de-cabello-para-nin%CC%83os-de-moda-padres.jpg

Clothing
    Children-girls-summer-wear-pants-2016-children-new-font-b-denim-b-font-font-b-overalls.jpg
    Overalls-Overall-Shorts-For-Women-3.jpg
    vbxyiz-l-610x610-shorts-denim+overalls-overalls-floral-pastel-floral+overalls-jumpsuit-flowers-white.jpg
    1a5faf2f8f893fb148bba871aab9af20.jpg
    s_58c76f4b6a5830a5f0033fa5.jpg
    04be94d0696ad79d227d23ff098df8cb.jpg

Outdoor
    outdoor-furniture-Dedon-Swingrest-at-Kuhl-Linscomb_135141.jpg
    garden-furniture-garden-table-ideas-wood-betfair-sound-flower-box.jpg
    DIY-Barbecue-Grill-Table-Main-Image.jpg
    DHMY105_backyard-fire-pit-seating-area-orange_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.960.jpeg
    log8.jpg

repurposed furniture
    710-630x472.jpg
    b6d5a0ea2d537a63dcdd1e6d0a9ef1fb.jpg
    repurposed-furniture-garden-yard-4.jpg
    dc64c5ee94e1d0a68b6e049848d37fe6.jpg
    3221c9609a0dcfbdc12af4c885be114e36.JPG?size=634x922&nocrop=1
    repurposed-furniture-for-a-vanity1.jpg

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I miss the hanging chairs from Sims 3 that came with the Bohemian Garden set from the Sims 3 Store. You could always take some of the objects from that. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • xGravityGirlxGravityGirl Posts: 225 Member
    I really would like it to have a vintage feel. I love the pictures of things that people have suggested already :)
  • K9DBK9DB Posts: 10 New Member
    I'd like some smaller fireplaces, maybe even ones you could place in the corner. The vintage/antique/cobbled together/old recycled kinds would be nice?
  • theafricansimtheafricansim Posts: 114 Member

Hi everyone!
    I wrote down tons of ideas and kept lots of pics and am still sorting them out, but I'm going to start posting before this thread disappears! I'll start with some CAS ideas and some images:

CAS items outline

materials: ecological/organic cotton with leather details (ie. belt, cord in laced up shirt), hemp crochet/knitted materials, gauze, accesories made from wood, shells (especially cowrie shells), beans, seeds, bones, flowers, sandworn glass, handwoven cloth/linen/wool, patchworked cloth (scraps of different colours and patterns sewn together for an eclectic hippy/bohemian look, second hand retro clothes
    colors: "dirty" white, saddle brown, teal, red accents, sand beige
    types of items: crochet ponchos, harem pants, cowrie shell necklaces, espadrille shoes, leather strappy sandals, Birkenstocks, long layered skirts, white shirts with loose "piratey" /ruffled sleeves, bolero jackets, men's surfwear, scarf wrap, pareo/sarong, low heel boots, Balinese fishermen pants, high waisted buttoned pants, bikewear (to avoid fuel costs), canvas shoes
    hairstyles: messy, "beach" or "out of bed" hair, side rose with messy bun, medium length natural curly Afro hair, scraggy or short trimmed beards (think Joaquin Cortes), long hair pushed back for men (Antonio Banderas in the 90s)
    influences: ad lib Balearic fashion, 90s grunge, Point Break (movie with Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves), The island (movie with Leonardo di Caprio, Tilda Swinton and Virginie Ledoyen), flamenco rock clothes, Coachella festival
    some brands of interest: Uno de 50 (Spanish handmade leather accesories), Kathmandu (Australian sportswear), No Fear and Billabong (surfwear)

Some of the pics I have collected (I have more that I'll post later on):

7L8KmbU.jpg
    sOlGXqg.jpg
    auHKMmb.jpg

Hope you all like these ideas so far. Not sure whether I should update this post with more images etc later or just make a new post?
    "The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises." Leo Buscaglia -
    d1FRKNs.jpg

• musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    RobynTyler wrote: »
    OBJ: Object suggestions must be MIMICS. They have to be an object class we already have in the game. For example: sofa, table, bookshelf, shower, stereo, wood working bench, etc. Clutter objects are perfectly fine as long as it does not imply gameplay. It needs to still follow the same technical placement/animation rules as existing items, without holding alt or using cheats like moveobjects.

@SimGuruKimmi I was just wondering if this means that we won't be getting to suggest new gameplay objects ourselves? And does this mean that we'll only get one new feature for this pack? I know that stuff packs are the smallest of the paid content packs so it's usually light on features, but I feel from all the recent discussions in the forums that it might be a little underwhelming to people if the choice is washing machines or solar panels, if that makes sense.

I agree that it would be very underwhelming and disappointing if the vote made us have to choose between washing machines or solar panels. So I really hope that the vote for those two things is combined, like having to vote for both of them vs something else.
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I would like to see a dedicated focus on adding even more African-American hairstyles to this stuff pack. You guys have been doing an amazing job adding in hairs so far, but this is a stuff pack that seems to be focusing on the concept of "natural", so why not add some more natural styles? Twist outs and afros and up-dos and all sorts of things. There are references all over the internet!!

I don't want to be pushy or beat a dead horse, I just thought I'd add my two cents! C:
  • AllsicleAllsicle Posts: 1 New Member

More marble countertops.
    white-calacatta-marble-countertops.jpg

More Flower centerpieces for tables.
    More Marbled Floors.
    Better hair for the men.
    Earthy colored wall colors.
    Long nice curtains, some sheer.
    7e6b8d0ed98e9dd8b2e6bc36ab9ee3cb.jpg
    heavy-jacquard-ivory.jpg

Tanning lounge chair
    outdoor-chaise-lounge-chairs.jpg

Some sort of Oval or round dining table
    Manhattan%20Oval%20Dining%20Table.jpg
    oval-dining-table-6.jpg
    chloe-extending-oval-dining-table-c.jpg
    6365e478885501fb7ee592789a5e4c24.jpg

I agree that it would be very underwhelming and disappointing if the vote made us have to choose between washing machines or solar panels. So I really hope that the vote for those two things is combined, like having to vote for both of them vs something else.
  • m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    For fashion can you add more overalls

and a flannel shirt around the waist but as an accessory so we can choose what goes under it
    9b732025bb5aff62707db30cd3db9858.jpg
    the-baseball-shirt-3.jpg

Finally someone suggested it!! please sims team make this real >.<

W79XhDj.png
  • m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    my suggestions for some male CAS items:

hair:
    this hair plz. (come on, it's one of the most basic male hair, yet we don't have it)
    wayYU5f.jpg

Acc:
    single earring plz.
    FnRVi2C.jpg

acc THIN suspenders for casual wear (up and down, two styles)
    O9BTmOX.jpg

single ankle bracelet
    rWYCL1t.jpg

shoes:
    vans PLZ
    zIxv4Yo.jpg

black stripe sandals
    eurTh9P.jpg

and lastly, EVERYTHING on these guys please..
    4hQOG2F.jpg

W79XhDj.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    geminiagre wrote: »
    garden-furniture-garden-table-ideas-wood-betfair-sound-flower-box.jpg
    That would make a good looking bar!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • shadowmoon18shadowmoon18 Posts: 6 New Member

I think since this is an Eco Living pack we should have the return of green energy.
    Also I feel they should reduce bills like in the previous game if you have them on the lots.

Wind power: Turbines & Windmills
    Wind_turbine_types_0.jpg
    cc375480b92d59b5a73c3a46eff98127.jpg
    skw_2508.jpg

Solar Power:
    solar-panel-install.jpg
    Solar-Panels-5.png

Something new could be water power such as a water mill. This can be for decor or workable like the wind and solar.
    Waterwheel:
    old_mill_waterwheel_1400x1050.jpg
    Waterwheel02_jpg.jpg.662x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg
    Water_20wheel_20-_205.jpg

Things for decoration and for household use

Compost: (Can be decor but can be used to make your own fertilizer for your plants)
    f30f183e5a3d0e9210b17d124defb9e1361387e3?auto=compress&w=540.0&h=644.0&fit=max
    compost-bin3-640x3601-640x360.jpg?x74756

Rain water Barrels:
    three_brown_rain_barrels.jpg
    ax105_1072_9.jpg?itok=JQtuf2Xb

Please bring back the trash compactor
    trash-compactor-bg-hero.jpg

Aquaponics (can be used as an aquarium):
    home-aquaponics-kit-3.jpg
    cascaqua-3d-printed-home-aquaponics-system2.jpg
    AquaSprouts2-AquaSprouts.jpg

Hydroponics (can be a working gardening or decor for the walls and house):
    076d102df6f3442a55afd11199576441.jpg
    Leaf-hydroponic-system.jpg
    a3107219df151f9fed9fd40603f8edc6.jpg
    1491809939_630_convenient-economical-unusual-hydroponic-system-for-home.jpg

One thing I feel we should have is the return of Bee keeping.
    Bees as we know are a vital part of farming and food supplies so it only seems right they be included in the pack.
    beehive-main.jpg
    beekeeping-2.jpg?w=584

Also another nice addition would be the return of the chicken coop but I rather see the beehive returned than anything else.
    dy6e1j.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    geminiagre wrote: »
    Hairstyles
    9a34cb759887396a7e46b62e39dfc60d.jpg
    4a5b606b39ecd5ca85a9ee044c7437fa.jpg
    2b3144ce4629073ae657838211192cf7.jpg
    0c9e9ce573d8b25fac4aa192d888819d.jpg
    cortes-de-pelo-para-nenas-cortos.jpg
    Cortes-de-cabello-para-cambiar-de-look-2016-5.jpg
    cortes-de-cabello-para-nin%CC%83os-de-moda-padres.jpg

I like all of these hairstyles. Especially the boys' ones. Boys really need more CAS items and I hope we will get at least two new hairstyles for them in this stuff pack.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I know its not time, but I want to get this down before I forget. New recipes using all of the growables we have - there shouldnt be any crop that sims can grow that isnt used in a recipe/craft of some sort even if only decorative (going back to those dried flowers)

pipedreams and icecream:
    Lshaped stairs are a pain, but I really really hope yall will consider it since its space saving. Please please pretty please.
    Also I would still love a Murphy Bed, and of course who wouldnt want bunk beds? I know these arent copies of things we have, but, consider it?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Perhaps we could get different sorts of plates so instead of the plain white ones we could serve our foods on wooden slabs or in boots!

trend-spotting-wood-slabs-2.png
    Yes!
    Dinner is served, on a slice of tree.
    5c606ab3da264eaed9d7a3753bdb1195.jpg

Or a bucket of chips
    Bucket+of+Chips.jpg

And drink dispensers for parties, so your guests don't spend so much time in the bathroom getting glases of water
    154600abc4037195aaea488ae547cd69.jpg

Simpkin wrote: »
    Can we got more colours and patterns for carpets please.
    Yes!
    There was a nice one in TS3, jute texture I think, would work well for eco themes

jute-carpet-slide-434x510.jpg
    image.axd?picture=sisal-rugs-pb.jpg
    557.jpg

Awesome ideas! I really miss the jute rugs from 3.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Rain water Barrels:
    the ones you posted are really tiny!

I've got one about this size out the back of my house
    install.jpg

And where I grew up, most back yards have a collection more like this
    5000-gallon-r22700-litre-round-rural-water-tanks-bank-of-three.jpg

And in the city, where I now live, all the new houses, by law, have to have something like this (or bigger):
    Steel%20Slimline%20Tank1.JPG
    slimline-watertanks-body1.jpg
    4000-litre-residential-slimline-water-tank.jpg

Compost: (Can be decor but can be used to make your own fertilizer for your plants)
    Worm farms would be more fun

worm-farm-20150416123054~q75,dx800y-u1r1g0,c--.jpg
    can-o-worms-kids3.jpg
    Hungry-Bin-Compost-Worm-Farm-Kids.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I wrote down tons of ideas and kept lots of pics and am still sorting them out, but I'm going to start posting before this thread disappears! I'll start with some CAS ideas and some images:

CAS items outline

materials: ecological/organic cotton with leather details (ie. belt, cord in laced up shirt), hemp crochet/knitted materials, gauze, accesories made from wood, shells (especially cowrie shells), beans, seeds, bones, flowers, sandworn glass, handwoven cloth/linen/wool, patchworked cloth (scraps of different colours and patterns sewn together for an eclectic hippy/bohemian look, second hand retro clothes
    colors: "dirty" white, saddle brown, teal, red accents, sand beige
    types of items: crochet ponchos, harem pants, cowrie shell necklaces, espadrille shoes, leather strappy sandals, Birkenstocks, long layered skirts, white shirts with loose "piratey" /ruffled sleeves, bolero jackets, men's surfwear, scarf wrap, pareo/sarong, low heel boots, Balinese fishermen pants, high waisted buttoned pants, bikewear (to avoid fuel costs), canvas shoes
    hairstyles: messy, "beach" or "out of bed" hair, side rose with messy bun, medium length natural curly Afro hair, scraggy or short trimmed beards (think Joaquin Cortes), long hair pushed back for men (Antonio Banderas in the 90s)
    influences: ad lib Balearic fashion, 90s grunge, Point Break (movie with Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves), The island (movie with Leonardo di Caprio, Tilda Swinton and Virginie Ledoyen), flamenco rock clothes, Coachella festival
    some brands of interest: Uno de 50 (Spanish handmade leather accesories), Kathmandu (Australian sportswear), No Fear and Billabong (surfwear)

Some of the pics I have collected (I have more that I'll post later on):

7L8KmbU.jpg
    sOlGXqg.jpg
    auHKMmb.jpg

Hope you all like these ideas so far. Not sure whether I should update this post with more images etc later or just make a new post?

Love them, but make a new post or it'll be buried with this one.
    I think since this is an Eco Living pack we should have the return of green energy.
    Also I feel they should reduce bills like in the previous game if you have them on the lots.

Wind power: Turbines & Windmills
    Wind_turbine_types_0.jpg
    cc375480b92d59b5a73c3a46eff98127.jpg
    skw_2508.jpg

Solar Power:
    solar-panel-install.jpg
    Solar-Panels-5.png

Something new could be water power such as a water mill. This can be for decor or workable like the wind and solar.
    Waterwheel:
    old_mill_waterwheel_1400x1050.jpg
    Waterwheel02_jpg.jpg.662x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg
    Water_20wheel_20-_205.jpg

Things for decoration and for household use

f30f183e5a3d0e9210b17d124defb9e1361387e3?auto=compress&w=540.0&h=644.0&fit=max
    compost-bin3-640x3601-640x360.jpg?x74756

Rain water Barrels:
    three_brown_rain_barrels.jpg
    ax105_1072_9.jpg?itok=JQtuf2Xb

Please bring back the trash compactor
    trash-compactor-bg-hero.jpg

Aquaponics (can be used as an aquarium):
    home-aquaponics-kit-3.jpg
    cascaqua-3d-printed-home-aquaponics-system2.jpg
    AquaSprouts2-AquaSprouts.jpg

Hydroponics (can be a working gardening or decor for the walls and house):
    076d102df6f3442a55afd11199576441.jpg
    Leaf-hydroponic-system.jpg
    a3107219df151f9fed9fd40603f8edc6.jpg
    1491809939_630_convenient-economical-unusual-hydroponic-system-for-home.jpg

One thing I feel we should have is the return of Bee keeping.
    Bees as we know are a vital part of farming and food supplies so it only seems right they be included in the pack.
    beehive-main.jpg
    beekeeping-2.jpg?w=584

Also another nice addition would be the return of the chicken coop but I rather see the beehive returned than anything else.
    dy6e1j.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Bees and chickens would be really cool!
  • amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    @DragonAge_300905 I LOVE your idea for a herb wall! I'm thinking something similar to Joanna Gaines style on Fixer Upper. That would be so cute! It would be even better if it was functional...as in you could increase in the gardening skill by using it!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2017
    This refurbished barrel table!
    db1ffaec7adb6d52a51d06bc1bfb0c0d.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimGuruKimmiSimGuruKimmi Posts: 43 SimGuru

Hi! You can suggest any new game play objects outside of this specific thread. This thread's purpose is for people to provide references for the concept artists to use as inspiration for mimic objects.
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    Mikkiness, Loved those pictures, especially the comforters!! Where did you find them? Looks like something I'd like to buy!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top