Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about a Green Eco Festival?

How about a new festival in San Myshuno a Green Eco Fest.? People could gather to buy/trade green ecological items similar to the yard sale. Make Tie Dyed T shirts. Dress in or Sell Hippie type clothing. Sort of the opposite of Geek Com.

Edit: I meant to say the Flea Market on Sunday mornings in San Myshuno instead of a yard sale. But it could also be adapted to a yard sale .
Post edited by mebagl15 on

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I love the festivals, yard sales and all! That could be a good idea. Maybe a "Hippie Guru" instead of Romance Guru? Two tables to drink from (like the Hijinks Festival), maybe the drinks could be something like "love, peace and unity" :phippie-fest-1.jpg12963528_1599589713697040_7376786635678543103_n.jpg
    Maybe a free sample table?
    Great%2BCanadian%2BCheese%2BFestival%2B10.jpeg
    Like buying your shirt or outfit at the booth, you could purchase something like these?
    funky-soft-stretch-fractal-3-festival-hoop-leggings-bohemian-hippie-free-size-c5abcc41899913e173b72c094603c085.jpg
    92348ef0b19f5ded79a2aed6a9e58324.jpgf4edb097b4d0da58e329ff0a98db450b.jpg
    69946a02c8dc8a7ad57fa403dfea85fd.jpgx354-q80.jpg

Well, that's it for now!
    HippieBus.jpg

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    that would be fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    That would be cool but since this is a stuff pack, I don't think they would add that to CL cuz it will take some coding to make sure the flea market sells specific stuff like that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Not everyone has city life so I don't think it could work.
    DeKay wrote: »
    That would be cool but since this is a stuff pack, I don't think they would add that to CL cuz it will take some coding to make sure the flea market sells specific stuff like that.

That is true, that coding stuff is difficult I suppose.

But, I had a lot of fun looking at so many images (not that I am from the hippie days, no, not me) :p
    Not everyone has city life so I don't think it could work.

That's true. I imagine any other expansions that come out would include spots for festivals. Not sure though :p
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    o.o I was just talking about this on a different thread, but maybe they could make a barter event in parks instead of a Festival. I think an Eco-friendly festival is a great idea for City Living, but if you don't have the expansion, you could still participate in the in game event. I was thinking of a weekly barter stall that you could trade items with. I guess you could also have a traveling gardening stall though that carried eco-friendly exclusive items every game week too. It would kind of work like the way the food stalls appear and disappear in San Myshuno at different times. I think they might add new festivals for stuff like this in Seasons though >.> you know what I mean? It'd be something good to have for a Spring or Summer Festival.
  • danplayer01danplayer01 Posts: 25 New Member
    This is a great idea.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited April 2017
    Just a thought: Would adding the festival code to Magnolia Promenade count as "corrupting existing saves by changing the neighborhood"? It wouldn't really be a change to the terrain, just a few items spawning in the area, but what do I know of coding.

That way everyone would have access to the eco festival while the other festivals are only for CL owners. Sorta like the punch bowl fountain that Luxury Party owners can place freely, but CL owners without Luxury party can use a version of it during festivals.
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    It would be really cool if they could tie dye. They could introduce a couple basic designs and let you pick from a couple color options. Plus, if laundry is added and there's a way to handwash, it could use the same animations.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    Well you know they could add it to base game because there are stalls in San Myshuno and Festivals that already pop in and out. Everything rearranges, after the festival is over. However, they probably won't make it base game. It's more likely that a festival would be released in a Game Pack or Expansion. I like the idea of adding new festivals though they are a lot of fun, when they pop up. ^.^
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    How about a new festival in San Myshuno a Green Eco Fest.? People could gather to buy/trade green ecological items similar to the yard sale. Make Tie Dyed T shirts. Dress in or Sell Hippie type clothing. Sort of the opposite of Geek Com.

Edit: I meant to say the Flea Market on Sunday mornings in San Myshuno instead of a yard sale. But it could also be adapted to a yard sale .

I don't like the festival/Flea Market options, because they cause my game to lag seriously. Mostly I choose to let my sims stay at home, because when I click the popping up option, and they go, I use almost 5 minutes when they get there, where the time just stands still.