Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name suggestions for the Eco Living Stuff Pack

Eco Living is way too similar to City Living!
Let's think of other names that would fit to a Pack centered around "Eco".

I'll suggest Eco-Friendly Stuff
  • Eco-Friendly Stuff
  • Domestic Duties Stuff
  • Going Green Stuff
  • Back to Basics Stuff
  • Cleaning Up Stuff
  • Green Washing Stuff
  • Home Life Stuff

Write your ideas into this thread and I will add them to the list! :)
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Suds and Starch

Cos it looks like people want to ditch the eco living theme, and go with laundry.
    *Glares at said people*

Seriously though,

Green living stuff
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Suds and Starch

Cos it looks like people want to ditch the eco living theme, and go with laundry.
    *Glares at said people*

Seriously though,

Green living stuff

And all you want is a laundry bike. :D
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited April 2017
    Gotta Get That Green Stuff (Pack)
    Suds and Starch

*Glares at said people*

Seriously though,

Green living stuff

And all you want is a laundry bike. :D

No.
    I only want it if laundry is being forced into an eco living pack.

I want a worm farm.
    And an aquaponics set up.
    And a bicycle.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Going Green
    Harvest Time (you know, if we get that canning station and more plants)
    Back to Basics
    Home & Hearth

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Like the Back to Basics. :)
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Back to Basics
    Home & Hearth

Surprised you didn't suggest Domestic Duties
    Back to Basics
    Home & Hearth

Surprised you didn't suggest Domestic Duties

You really are a salty llama, aren't you? Alright then.

Domestic Duties

...and I'll make all the men in my game do the laundry and look after tots while the women work ;)

Actually no, but why describe the theme as Eco-friendly, if the team knew that this theme was only about laundry and chores. I know you want that, but the theme was mispresented for the vote. Eco- living Is not defined as doing housework and laundry. There have been many good ideas that have been suggested for the Eco- living THEME, but the only focus has been on laundry and housework.

Vacuuming was even mentioned, now I have to ask: Do you really think sims are smart enough to know which floors in there homes are carpet?
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Cleaning Up Stuff

Actually no, but why describe the theme as Eco-friendly, if the team knew that this theme was only about laundry and chores. I know you want that, but the theme was mispresented for the vote. Eco- living Is not defined as doing housework and laundry. There have been many good ideas that have been suggested for the Eco- living THEME, but the only focus has been on laundry and housework.

Vacuuming was even mentioned, now I have to ask: Do you really think sims are smart enough to know which floors in there homes are carpet?

I have no interest in vacuuming. I do, however, want laundry. I loved it in 3 and I'd like to see it in 4. It's not my fault they gave it an Eco name. They could have called it whatever they wanted.

I don't think it needs to be either/or. We can have laundry, and simplify the animations by using existing animations like the "swipe" for hanging laundry and taking it out of the machines. I am willing to be happy with simplified animations if that means we can add more to the pack that would encompass the overall theme.

Solar panels require no animation. Composting is the same animation as trash. So what then, would we possibly animate in addition to laundry? Canning station? That would be my dream. What else?

There is also Lousy Laundry
    ...and I'll make all the men in my game do the laundry and look after tots while the women work ;)

I have families in my game like that (well, the men stay at home, do the chores, and wrangle the toddler, while the woman brings home the bacon).
    It's not a strange concept.

I have families in my game like that (well, the men stay at home, do the chores, and wrangle the toddler, while the woman brings home the bacon).
    It's not a strange concept.

It's not a strange concept at all. That's actually about 75% of my families. The other 25% are either lesbians or neither husband or wife has a job outside of the house.

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Like the Back to Basics. :)

I like this. ^^
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.

I have no interest in vacuuming. I do, however, want laundry. I loved it in 3 and I'd like to see it in 4. It's not my fault they gave it an Eco name. They could have called it whatever they wanted.

I don't think it needs to be either/or. We can have laundry, and simplify the animations by using existing animations like the "swipe" for hanging laundry and taking it out of the machines. I am willing to be happy with simplified animations if that means we can add more to the pack that would encompass the overall theme.

Solar panels require no animation. Composting is the same animation as trash. So what then, would we possibly animate in addition to laundry? Canning station? That would be my dream. What else?

There will only be maybe 2 game play objects. Even if the washer/dryer are considered 1. I don't think a canning station only because of animations, and different items to make. Sims don't use the money making trash can automatically, so I am not sure about a composter, they would have to find a way to ensure that to code in that sims will put things like spoiled food ect in it instead of automatically just loading a dishwasher for example. We don't have things like cans or newspapers, so I don't know how recycling would work. As you said the solar panel would only be a decoration.
    I am aware this project is a stuff pack. Stuff have generally only contain about 30-40 items, one or two of them contain game play. Then there are usually a few CAS items. The items won't be build items, no hope for a greenhouse. Maybe a sprinkler that waters the garden and sims of all ages can play in.

Unlike your response, I don't take anything personally, and I certainly would not attack people on here personally. My name suggestions were based on the direction this theme has taken, they weren't directed at you personally, a response to the names you suggested, but not to you personally
    edited April 2017

There will only be maybe 2 game play objects. Even if the washer/dryer are considered 1. I don't think a canning station only because of animations, and different items to make. Sims don't use the money making trash can automatically, so I am not sure about a composter, they would have to find a way to ensure that to code in that sims will put things like spoiled food ect in it instead of automatically just loading a dishwasher for example. We don't have things like cans or newspapers, so I don't know how recycling would work. As you said the solar panel would only be a decoration.
    I am aware this project is a stuff pack. Stuff have generally only contain about 30-40 items, one or two of them contain game play. Then there are usually a few CAS items. The items won't be build items, no hope for a greenhouse. Maybe a sprinkler that waters the garden and sims of all ages can play in.

Unlike your response, I don't take anything personally, and I certainly would not attack people on here personally. My name suggestions were based on the direction this theme has taken, they weren't directed at you personally, a response to the names you suggested, but not to you personally

I understand that we have limitations on animations, which is why I suggested laundry have a simplified system to make room for something else. I appreciate you clarifying that you weren't directing your comments at me, though I'm not sure how else I would take "I'm surprised you didn't suggest Domestic Duties."

What I'm trying to pry out of the folks that dislike the idea of laundry is ideas. Okay, so you don't like laundry. Fair enough. Then what animations would you put in its place?

Edit to say: I saw your comment about a sprinkler. While I don't consider those to be eco-friendly any more than laundry is, they would help out gardeners. But did you have them in 3? I sure got sick of them quickly because my sims would drop everything and go play in the sprinklers every chance they got.

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Get Neat

I understand that we have limitations on animations, which is why I suggested laundry have a simplified system to make room for something else. I appreciate you clarifying that you weren't directing your comments at me, though I'm not sure how else I would take "I'm surprised you didn't suggest Domestic Duties."

What I'm trying to pry out of the folks that dislike the idea of laundry is ideas. Okay, so you don't like laundry. Fair enough. Then what animations would you put in its place?

Edit to say: I saw your comment about a sprinkler. While I don't consider those to be eco-friendly any more than laundry is, they would help out gardeners. But did you have them in 3? I sure got sick of them quickly because my sims would drop everything and go play in the sprinklers every chance they got.

The sprinkler is the only thing I could think of that may be functional (Although not eco-friendly really) for gardens and provide fun for toddlers, children mainly. Plus as it is looking, the only interactive object that would not conflict with the people that want laundry.
    Again, I listed the eco living as my 5th choice, and I am actually glad that my choice wasn't chosen, because I really think that the dangerous theme is way too more complex for a stuff pack. My irritation is not out of "sour grapes", but rather more of integrity.

I am not upset with the people that wanted laundry (Although I do think some are being extremely smug and rude). In all fairness, if the theme had not mentioned eco-living, and just talked about laundry and domestic activities, it might still have been overwhelming popular and won, but we will never know that. Is it yours or others that wanted to have laundry back fault's that it was presented that way? No. I know that you probably saw laundry and that is what it meant to you, but can you at least consider that not everyone read it as a laundry pack? Graham said they won't put any build mode items, no green house. I would guess that the total budget is much smaller for a stuff pack, so besides laundry, any other item would be decor only or only provide a moodlet. So what if, they said the washers and dryers would only be decor. They would provide 3 or 4 different styles, but they would be just an object for decorating. Would you be happy with that? I don't think so, but that is essentially the response you and others are having to anybody that posts an idea that relates to the eco living description of the theme. Some of these sound something like "Oh, yeah maybe they can add solar panels, they won't have any function, but it would be a nice decoration for you in this pack".

I was at least hoping that with the eco theme, there might be something in the pack that I would like, but as of right now, nothing so far would be interesting. I didn't hate laundry in the Sims 3, but it was annoying and boring. I just didn't really use it after a couple of times. If it is released again with the same tedious, and annoying features of piles of clothes, then I really can't see getting it. I know I don't have to have every pack, but each stuff pack, game pack, and expansion adds something to the game, so laundry seems like a boring addition.

The problem is, most people that want the laundry back, want it the exact same way it was before, boring, and tedious. What if they implemented it this time with some entertainment? I know, asking too much cause it would take away from the realism, never mind that it is a DLC for a game. I have posted some (I admit) silly ideas about spicing up the laundry this time and making it entertaining. I am still hoping that this Process may allow for us, the community, to influence our ideas about the sims, and how we see and play the game.
    edited April 2017

The sprinkler is the only thing I could think of that may be functional (Although not eco-friendly really) for gardens and provide fun for toddlers, children mainly. Plus as it is looking, the only interactive object that would not conflict with the people that want laundry.
    Again, I listed the eco living as my 5th choice, and I am actually glad that my choice wasn't chosen, because I really think that the dangerous theme is way too more complex for a stuff pack. My irritation is not out of "sour grapes", but rather more of integrity.

I am not upset with the people that wanted laundry (Although I do think some are being extremely smug and rude). In all fairness, if the theme had not mentioned eco-living, and just talked about laundry and domestic activities, it might still have been overwhelming popular and won, but we will never know that. Is it yours or others that wanted to have laundry back fault's that it was presented that way? No. I know that you probably saw laundry and that is what it meant to you, but can you at least consider that not everyone read it as a laundry pack? Graham said they won't put any build mode items, no green house. I would guess that the total budget is much smaller for a stuff pack, so besides laundry, any other item would be decor only or only provide a moodlet. So what if, they said the washers and dryers would only be decor. They would provide 3 or 4 different styles, but they would be just an object for decorating. Would you be happy with that? I don't think so, but that is essentially the response you and others are having to anybody that posts an idea that relates to the eco living description of the theme. Some of these sound something like "Oh, yeah maybe they can add solar panels, they won't have any function, but it would be a nice decoration for you in this pack".

I was at least hoping that with the eco theme, there might be something in the pack that I would like, but as of right now, nothing so far would be interesting. I didn't hate laundry in the Sims 3, but it was annoying and boring. I just didn't really use it after a couple of times. If it is released again with the same tedious, and annoying features of piles of clothes, then I really can't see getting it. I know I don't have to have every pack, but each stuff pack, game pack, and expansion adds something to the game, so laundry seems like a boring addition.

The problem is, most people that want the laundry back, want it the exact same way it was before, boring, and tedious. What if they implemented it this time with some entertainment? I know, asking too much cause it would take away from the realism, never mind that it is a DLC for a game. I have posted some (I admit) silly ideas about spicing up the laundry this time and making it entertaining. I am still hoping that this Process may allow for us, the community, to influence our ideas about the sims, and how we see and play the game.

The solar panels wouldn't have to just be decor. By default, they just don't move. So there's no animation for them, only programming on the back end to deduct from bills. I might be championing laundry, but if the choice were to be between laundry and canning... I'd choose canning. I'm sorry if I might come off as smug and rude. I was very excited about this pack, and the sour grapes, as you call them, came out in full force and it's gotten very annoying.

I'm fully open to ideas. I wouldn't mind if laundry came with some quirky humor. It's The Sims, after all. But what I'm getting frustrated by is the amount of saltiness.... and nothing to back it up. If people don't like laundry, that's fine. Maybe we go in a different direction instead. But if you're going to bash what others find enjoyable, at least be willing to stick your neck out there with a few of your own ideas. That's constructive and meaningful. You have a chance to help make an SP. Instead of people using all their negative energy on what they don't like, why not try to champion their own ideas and rally behind features they would like to see instead?

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Solar panels could totally be deco. There could be a lot trait that reduces bills that has an eco-friendly description/name to it.

Also, does anyone get the impression we might be doing laundry in a sink, based on that art style room? Both choices have a sink as the area to clean stuff. If that's the case, then laundry might not need a new gameplay object either, if they do something like replace the dish in the washing animation with clothes. *shrugs* Just throwing that out there. We could still get a canning station and something else, maybe?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    Solar panels could totally be deco. There could be a lot trait that reduces bills that has an eco-friendly description/name to it.

Also, does anyone get the impression we might be doing laundry in a sink, based on that art style room? Both choices have a sink as the area to clean stuff. If that's the case, then laundry might not need a new gameplay object either, if they do something like replace the dish in the washing animation with clothes. *shrugs* Just throwing that out there. We could still get a canning station and something else, maybe?

I'm down for that. I'd rather them recycle (no pun intended) animations if that means we can have more featured game play.

• frappichino23frappichino23 Posts: 2 New Member
    Country Life Stuff or Back to Basics sounds like a good name