Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-Living Can Woohoo in The shower be brought back

Way back in the day when I first got married my State in The US was under Water restrictions, so to be Eco- Friendly , my husband & I took our Morning shower together to save water... So with this Eco - Pack, can Woohooing in the shower be brought into Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I don't think shower woohoo is eco friendly because you're concentrating on other things and the water is running all the time ;)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Now a days many eco sites suggest garden tubs/ pools with recyclable water systems - showers are not usually considered very eco friendly in todays environment. Woohoo does not need a shower - it is more economical almost anywhere but a shower.

We stayed at a Ecological camp ground in Catskill Mountains in New York that had environmentally sound shower systems suppoosedly with recycle systems - believe me no time do hardly bathe never mind anything else - You barely got soaped up and the water stopped. 3 Minutes is all you got, and the water was cool on top of it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I don't want to compare, But in Sims 3 woohoo in the shower was quick and easy...
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2017
    I agree! They even already have the animations for Shower WooHoo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXIIE5PX34c

It's something many fans have asked for!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Now a days many eco sites suggest garden tubs/ pools with recyclable water systems - showers are not usually considered very eco friendly in todays environment.
    A shower can be used with a water recycling system, and they use far less water than taking a bath, especially with a water saving shower head.
    Woohoo does not need a shower - it is more economical almost anywhere but a shower.
    It's an adult joke, been around since the 1970's. 'Shower together and save water'
    And considering it's the sims, in ts3, it was more efficient for two sims to woohoo in the shower, have some good clean fun, and come out clean, than it was for two sims to shower seperately.
    We stayed at a Ecological camp ground in Catskill Mountains in New York that had environmentally sound shower systems suppoosedly with recycle systems - believe me no time do hardly bathe never mind anything else - You barely got soaped up and the water stopped. 3 Minutes is all you got, and the water was cool on top of it.
    You'd never survive in a submarine. :p

My family used to have a bucket shower.
    it held 10 litres. You put the water of the temperature you wanted in, hoisted it up, and had until it ran out.
    It's a good way of controling exacly how much water everyone is using in the shower.
    And the shower water was used to water trees.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    I loved shower woohoo it was a good way to get 2 sims' hygiene meter up at once
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    They could bring it back and then sims could get a moodlet about wasting water lol.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I agree! They even already have the animations for Shower WooHoo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXIIE5PX34c

It's something many fans have asked for!
    Slight correction: Those are VFX (visual effects). It's a kind of animated effect, but it's only one piece of the puzzle. They would still need animations for going into the shower together, then some kind of appearance effect to blur out the shower, to give the illusion of something happening inside (like steamed up door or something), and then the animations for leaving the shower.

Then there's the interaction itself, which probably wouldn't be that hard to do once the other pieces are in place, but they do have to make sure that the geometry works right for differently sized showers, if they were to allow it inside both single tile and double tile showers.

Not meaning to discourage; just explaining that those VFX are only one piece of a puzzle that is a lot more complicated than it might first seem.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    yesss but while it may not conserve water as the joke implies, it'll save you some time management as you get the hygiene + fun boost all in one!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes please! There aren't many things I get more excited for than Shower Woohoo
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Kind of runs counter to the eco-friendly/laundry room theme of the pack.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i disagree no to new whatchama call it spots more reasons for me to delete all showers in my sims homes and replace them with regular bathtubs as well as keeping my sims singles
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes!! I would love to see Shower Woohoo return to the game. Especially, since that'll allow another new situation that I can add to my legacy story. Plus, I really like the idea of getting a "water wasted" moodlet; since I think that would go perfect with the whole eco living theme.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I thought showers were less wasteful than baths?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I thought showers were less wasteful than baths?

That is a myth unless you take really quick showers. even with energy star shower heads you can empty a 30 gallon hot water tank in 11-15 minutes - you can take two bathes in a standard half full tub off the same amount of water of that one energy star shower. People chose showers because it is faster and more convenient to them - but water usages in showers unless you can take a 6 - 9 minute or faster shower uses more hot water - which in turn uses more electricity to reheat the water heater. Also the average persons shower time generally is at least 12 minutes with the standard for at least females at about 15 - 18 minutes.

Quick showers though under 9 minutes is cheaper with energy star shower heads which uses 2 gallons of water a minute, unfortunately most people go above the 9 minute mark. Also if you do not have an energy star shower head but a normal one you will use 2 and a half gallons a minute - if you have a hand head or multi head shower each head will do 2 and a half gallons a minute - a hand held on high open can use 3 and a half gallons or more a minute - depends on the hand held. Tubs don't waver generally.

My step father is a master plumber and I used to be lectured regularly about this. LOL. He is the save the water king I swear. To add to the insult my parents showers has 8 heads from all different directions - and I still take just as long using their shower as using my own single headed energy star. Which infuriates my step father. He tells me to take a bath instead. They have these whirl pool bath tubs and I want no part of it - feels like things touching your skin under water from the jets (sort of freaks me out) - so when I am there I use one of the showers.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Way back in the day when I first got married my State in The US was under Water restrictions, so to be Eco- Friendly , my husband & I took our Morning shower together to save water... So with this Eco - Pack, can Woohooing in the shower be brought into Sims 4?

Probably that water restriction was just in your state - as here in the NorthEast I don't ever recall water use being restricted. Besides most people have artisan wells - one thing we don't lack is water.

In dreams - I LIVE!