Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which style did you choose?

124...Next

Comments

• kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I chose B but honestly I love them both and would be just as happy if A wins.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Definitely A. The styling of B does not appeal at all.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    Since this topic is in simgurugraham's corner now, I'd like to take the opportunity to elaborate a bit on (clarify) what I said before: I really appreciate how the team gives us simmers a voice in this (I suppose there never would have been a Katy Perry sweets package if you'd done that during Sims 3 :p, it would have been great if we instead could have chosen a KP package with another theme). It's just that I'd prefer a choice between similar styles. So options being: two modern designs vs each other and then two bric-à-brac designs vs each other. Because I can't imagine the question here is 'does the majority of our fans prefer modern to bric-à-brac'. It shouldn't be, it just shouldn't. Some of our sims prefer modern, others prefer bric-à-brac, within the same game, that's what matters. Imo, obviously.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me no matter the style for me the important part is as long as washers and dryers are in this stuffpack i do not mind for my gameplay washers and dryers are a key item for my sims houses
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    This was a hard decision I personally like the modern sleek kitchen in A, but I really like the hippe vibe of B. I don't think the artists put much heart in the clothing for A, its soo bland! The clothes for B are amazing and made my decision much easier, I voted B.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I went to the Spanish forums. So far, only two people have responded with their preferences that I saw. One for A and one for B.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

I just went the the French forums. They are as divided as we are. Many like the modern, but many also see B as being more what they had in mind for Eco. Some like both. There seemed to be a slight lead with B, but I didn't count.

I'll scope the Chinese forums later. It's too tough to do on my phone :p

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @SageRainWillow Wow, those are interesting. Only 2 people responded in the spanish forums?

Even though a lot of people voted for B, goes to show you that when the voting is over and they tally all of it up, it could go either way really. So the ones' that think B has it here, could very well be A as the winner!
    @SageRainWillow Wow, those are interesting. Only 2 people responded in the spanish forums?

Even though a lot of people voted for B, goes to show you that when the voting is over and they tally all of it up, it could go either way really. So the ones' that think B has it here, could very well be A as the winner!

Yes, exactly. It really could go either way when considering the global market. I'm surprised by how inactive the Spanish forums are, actually. Unless many come here to the English forums instead.

The other forums don't have the "GuruGraham's Corner" like we do, so most of them are discussing it on their SP boards. I'll poke around more later and try to get a better count. It's still all anecdotal, but it's interesting to see what the rest of the world thinks.

• CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I find that the English forums contain so much more information, and more reliable information as well, that as long as you can understand and speak English a bit, it's better to be here, as well as an opportunity to practice another language. Forums in other languages are just empty when it comes to information you can find... There's no reason to not prefer the English forums unless if you don't have enough English skills IMO.
    Personally, I don't even have an account on the forums in my native language.
    Candyd wrote: »
    I find that the English forums contain so much more information, and more reliable information as well, that as long as you can understand and speak English a bit, it's better to be here, as well as an opportunity to practice another language. Forums in other languages are just empty when it comes to information you can find... There's no reason to not prefer the English forums unless if you don't have enough English skills IMO.
    Personally, I don't even have an account on the forums in my native language.

That's a good point. Our forums do offer more info than the others. On the French forum, they were discussing our thread about bees and that the Guru's had mentioned it wouldn't be possible in an SP. There's a lot of crossover to the English forums and that should be expected because the Guru's are here. Though, I do find it disappointing that EA would not have more staff that could actively engage the global players. I haven't been to the Chinese forums lately, but I kinda remember seeing a Guru over there at one point, so maybe they are getting more info than some of the Latin languages.

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2017
    B, the clothing and clutter got to me. It also reminded me of Seasons EP.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited April 2017
    Style A, since I prefer modern and my builds are usually modern. I think I would hardly ever use style B items (except for some decor such as the dustpan, broom, iron, etc., but I think they're gonna be included in style A as well). Also, when I voted for Eco Living I had style A in mind. I am indifferent to CAS since I think this pack is more about Buy mode than CAS.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    At this point Style A has not a chance whatsoever! B was also my choice, it just does look more like Eco living furniture etc. I am sure B will win miles ahead, it's kind of like with the Eco Pack itself. It was clear from the beginning that this pack would win. And I knew when I saw the styles EA made it quite obvious which style most people will choose, they even created ugly looking Sims for A, one more reason why people had to choose B. Because ... Just look at the clothes!

Actually I thought the opposite, before I checked the forums I thought that everyone was going to vote for style A and I got surprised when I found out it's actually the other way around. Style A looks so much better in my opinion. Also we haven't had any modern SPs in a while, the last one was Cool Kitchen (mainly Buy mode not CAS) or Perfect Patio.
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    I choose B. I loved the clothing much better and I love the old fashioned style better.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I went to the Spanish forums. So far, only two people have responded with their preferences that I saw. One for A and one for B.

On the Dutch language site on facebook, people mostly seem to prefer option B
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    At this point Style A has not a chance whatsoever! B was also my choice, it just does look more like Eco living furniture etc. I am sure B will win miles ahead, it's kind of like with the Eco Pack itself. It was clear from the beginning that this pack would win. And I knew when I saw the styles EA made it quite obvious which style most people will choose, they even created ugly looking Sims for A, one more reason why people had to choose B. Because ... Just look at the clothes!

I already expect something like this to be said for every vote until the pack is released, lol.

I'm sure every govenment election is rigged too. Every election in school for Prom King and Queen, student/class President, etc. Everytime you go buy a car, you didn't actually choose, the salesman just gave you the illusion of a choice and you fell for it, and had you picked another car instead, they wouldn't have taken your money. :p

It'd just be too crazy to assume the community vote matters, wouldn't it? Am I the only one to assume people vote for what they like and that's that? Is that really such an out there idea? Obviously A appeals to some folks, you know. For all we know it could win (because a lot of votes aren't posted on the forums, remember). And what will you say if it does?

Would it be rigged to lose then? lol
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.