Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which style did you choose?

Comments

• Options
    BriannaSkifBriannaSkif Posts: 34 Member
    It was a tough choice for me as there are things I liked in both. Ultimately, I went with B as I felt it fit the eco theme better.
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    A. Why. Looks Modern. Couldn't choose B, only thing i liked was the clothes and that girls outfit isn't guaranteed to be seen in the pack.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    @JoAnne65 Graham has said that the other pack concepts might be used for later packs (most likely the most well received) so I would think that there may be a possibility that the losing art style may still be used in a later pack as well if they see that the support for is well enough.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    B. too much modern already in game
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    At this point Style A has not a chance whatsoever! B was also my choice, it just does look more like Eco living furniture etc. I am sure B will win miles ahead, it's kind of like with the Eco Pack itself. It was clear from the beginning that this pack would win. And I knew when I saw the styles EA made it quite obvious which style most people will choose, they even created ugly looking Sims for A, one more reason why people had to choose B. Because ... Just look at the clothes!

I have to agree even tho i really wanted the eco stuff pack this whole make your voice hear opinion count is kind of set up eco living was going to win cause people want it but it got a extra push cause they added laundry to it same go for the art style like you said the clothes and how the sims looks push people where they wanted everyone to go
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I chose A. I love the clean lines and style but from the look of things I voted wrong/won't see it in the pack. Wish they'd use both to be honest. Some of my sims are modern and some are more homey...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    arianarenee9arianarenee9 Posts: 19 New Member
    My gut reaction was to vote A. I liked that 110% better, but after showing my sister the post, she said the second one looked more homey and would add to my style of playing, and so when I went to vote, her words echoed in my head and I chose B (:

My heart said A, but my brain said B. I went with my head(:
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I voted B. It can fit a SP with a strong identity. I find it fits the theme better. Like vintage recycled furniture. A bit hippie, and I like the idea.
    Modern stuff like in A looks very pretty but can belong to any SP, and all other add-ons have somewhat similar looking modern furniture. And I'm pretty sure that this style will come back in future add-ons too. And furniture looks like it's partly made of plastic, not really fitting an eco-friendly theme...
  • Options
    PixieMnkyPixieMnky Posts: 73 Member
    I voted for style B. I think the furniture was more down-to-earth-like/nature-y and style A was too modern, which I think we have a lot of content that fits that already. But to each their own :)
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I voted for A.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    B cause we don't have those items in the game, I like the look of the objects it looks more homey and I know I would use them a lot and the clothes are nice too. I love the overall look of that Eco theme.
  • Options
    destine2growdestine2grow Posts: 14 New Member
    This was a tough decision. I like A because its modern but it lack color. I went with B because we don't have those items and I really like the clothes. I would like to have modern items added to this SP as I play with families and homes that would benefit with a modern version. However I hope if we do have a modern version or items that they have other other wise it look kind of clinical.
  • Options
    destine2growdestine2grow Posts: 14 New Member
    This was a tough decision. I like A because its modern but it lack color. I went with B because we don't have those items and I really like the clothes. I would like to have modern items added to this SP as I play with families and homes that would benefit with a modern version. However I hope if we do have a modern version or items that they have color other wise it looks kind of clinical.

edit
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

I voted for A
    , but it would be nice to have bits of both... :*
    Trying to decide what I want for an "ECO" Pack, as opposed to just wanting certain items in game, makes the choice slightly harder for me.

To me, Eco, means a lifestyle choice, not a decorating style...
    (After all, it's not a Country, Shabby Chic, or Boho pack. The theme is Eco...)
    But this is just my opinion/point of view on it. :)
    This pack can go in many different directions...
    But, since it's a Stuff pack, and not a Game Pack or Expansion pk, I know not to expect much, but I hope we get surprised anyway - I really miss surprises. o:) .
    I am also trying to figure out what the 1-3 possible "premium-type" objects could be...
    thinking-emoticon.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    anyone have the pics?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    BbearBbear Posts: 55 Member
    I actually really liked both A&B, they are both awesome but are completely different styles from one another. I personally voted B. I wish we could have both so that there's something that appeals to everyone's taste! i did notice that the concept art for B had more clutter items, hopefully we will get more clutter either way, after all this is the concept art and not the official pack, so you never know. either way, i can't wait and am excited for the outcome! i think it's amazing that EA is letting the fans help make major decisions about this stuff pack! :D
    <3 We have TODDLERS!!!
  • Options
    deekaydeekay Posts: 3 New Member
    Definitely B. The other one feels too bland, plus I generally prefer rustic looks.
  • Options
    marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    Went with B.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    A, just because it's ecological, doesn't mean it has to look oldfashioned.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Definitely A.

In my opinion, B is a trick because the design includes a bunch of random clutter objects. I compare it to when you're looking for a house to buy, some people prefer looking at a fully furnished and "model" home while others just want to see the rooms empty so they can envision putting their own furniture in it. Personally I want to see the essentials and dassit. And that's what Option A gives.

except, woudln't the clutter be part of the pack as well? The game can always use more clutter objects.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited April 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »
    anyone have the pics?

https://simsvip.com/2017/04/10/sims-4-cast-vote-round-2/
    (they get huge if you click them, then right click to "view image" & then click them again...)
  • Options
    I probably shouldn't contribute much of an opinion in the polls for this considering I wasn't exactly impressed with the outcome of the pack's theme but based on the slight possibility that I could end up liking it towards the end of it all I went for option A just because the modernness of the buy content appealed more to me. It's a shame that the female outfits weren't the other way round though. I really liked the style of the female outfit on option B but the male outfit was a no from me (I personally focus on CAS items within packs more which is a second reason why I should probably stay out of this sort of thing :D). It looked as if they had plucked it straight from the Bible period or something.

For me it was the other way around, I didn't like either of the female looks, but I did like both of the male looks. (just liked B more)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 Graham has said that the other pack concepts might be used for later packs (most likely the most well received) so I would think that there may be a possibility that the losing art style may still be used in a later pack as well if they see that the support for is well enough.
    I truely hope so. They've done it before: making us choose and then giving it all anyway. I think they should (and I'm not saying this out of greediness, Sims 4 and me have a rocky relationship and I'll probably not even buy this package myself, but I genuinely and sincerely feel this way, I don't get this strategy for this franchise).

I hope you'll all get what you preferred.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I voted style B. I feel the items are able to be used in a greater variety of builds and the clothing is much, much cuter! :)

I chose B. I like the clothing style as well.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Sims_are_WierdSims_are_Wierd Posts: 3 New Member
    I feel like I'm one of the only ones who chose A. I like the look of it more since it's more modern and generally fits in with the rest of the expansions and game packs. It looks less cluttered and really simplistic. However, it seems B will win.