Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your art style?

Since the next round of voting starts today, I thought I'd get a head of the discussions and start a new thread here. I'm not sure when voting starts, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and what you have/will vote for!

Note: (since this is mainly for art styles and such, please keep all mentions of laundry to a minimum, thanks!)

Comments

• Options
    KateaKatea Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd love some Scandinavian design
  • Options
    iTamcakesiTamcakes Posts: 57 Member
    I'd personally like a botanic style for interiors. Lots of plants and light, wood and metal materials. Really bringing the outside inside.
    Es7pflm.png
  • Options
    KAZEINWONDERLANDKAZEINWONDERLAND Posts: 19 New Member
    iTamcakes wrote: »
    I'd personally like a botanic style for interiors. Lots of plants and light, wood and metal materials. Really bringing the outside inside.

Me too! Also glas.
    And I also like a modern Upcycling furniture style with great designs.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Recycled art style. This would show the Eco living. Mix matched furniture and decor. Different crates in a shelf. Different looking drawers made from an old house or crate blanks. Refurbished.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'd like either African style, Bohemian or super High-Tech :smile:
    It would be great if we get stuff from both ends of the spectrum, but SP's generally only focus on one style. If I could choose, though, I'd go with Bohemian, and later have a designated High-tech Modern SP (like the one in this
    [https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/915903/minimalistic-futuristic-living-sp-picture-heavy#latest ]
    thread).
  • Options
    LilyCrossLilyCross Posts: 10 New Member
    "Eco-HiTech" style! Lot of glass, metal and light nature wood!
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Anything but hitech for me please! i want real eco living not anything super modern.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member

I would love to see this style (would someone who has permission please post the pictures? I can't :hushed:)
    h ttps://hetkanwel.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/0025.jpg
    h ttps://hetkanwel.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/0029.jpg
    h ttps://hetkanwel.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/0032.jpg
    h ttp://www.sciencealert.com/images/articles/processed/146038-regen-0_1024.jpg
    h ttp://www.regenvillages.com/
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I'm with @Simpkin not a fan of hi tech uber modern stuff. I'm hoping for more homey style I'd also love to see solar panels and a wind mill come back.
  • Options
    MsPerry4MsPerry4 Posts: 2 New Member
    RobynTyler wrote: »
    Since the next round of voting starts today, I thought I'd get a head of the discussions and start a new thread here. I'm not sure when voting starts, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and what you have/will vote for!

Note: (since this is mainly for art styles and such, please keep all mentions of laundry to a minimum, thanks!)

I'm not sure by what they mean for art style.
  • Options
    elinevh99elinevh99 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see a lot of white and clean stuff. Also nature based decorations with wood and greenery and organic shapes.
  • Options
    AmbskrayyAmbskrayy Posts: 1 New Member
    I would definitely be interested in a more modern art style. Chrome and glass, open and airy? if that makes sense.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention:

I want a more modern Eco style with metal, glas, upcycling elements, avantgarde stylish wooden furniture and indoor gardens because this would be a great addition to San Myshuno and contribute to the metropole and avantgarde vibe. :)

I feel like the spice market and art district apartments are pretty much complete, especially with the boho themed stuff from Movie Hangout.
    However, the fashion and politic district appartments feel really dull inside, like nothing special and really just like houses from the base game. I want to furnish those apartments to match the vibe of the district but feel not satisfied. I tried to build a penthouse but it feels just like any other modern house but on a roof. Modern Eco living theme could really make those districts stand out and feel different from playing at any other world or district.

I really don't want this stuff pack with a style too similar to Outdoor retreat and Movie Hangout. I already have those and want something in an opposite direction. Vintage Glamour was retro and Bowling was retro themed too. I want avantgarde eco furniture with modern designs. I've had enough of shabby or retro for now.
  • Options
    spottedspanielsspottedspaniels Posts: 5 New Member
    I would really love to see a house style come to life - earthships. Essentially, houses with plants on the inside with lots of natural light flooding through glass, really beautiful indoors. I've had enough of the regular modern and retro housing - I want some real eco stuff! I think earthships would be a great addition to the game. Lots of wood and homey things, whilst also very natural.
  • Options
    RobynTylerRobynTyler Posts: 38 Member
    Sanne22681 wrote: »
    I would love to see this style (would someone who has permission please post the pictures? I can't :hushed:)

0025.jpg

0029.jpg

0032.jpg

146038-regen-0_1024.jpg

Thought I'd post these so everyone can see. Would be very interesting to have this in game.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited April 2017

Me too! Also glas.
    And I also like a modern Upcycling furniture style with great designs.

Read my mind. As for clothes I would like to see stuff with earthy colors and maybe some florals.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    spottedspanielsspottedspaniels Posts: 5 New Member
    Read my mind. As for clothes I would like to see stuff with earthy colors and maybe some florals.

True! Maybe some hippie bandanas too lol
  • Options
    RobynTylerRobynTyler Posts: 38 Member
    I'm with @Simpkin not a fan of hi tech uber modern stuff. I'm hoping for more homey style I'd also love to see solar panels and a wind mill come back.

@Invisibleaes I'm hoping since they had that high tech style pack for Sims 3 that they'll give us a bit more variety, but I guess its all up to the voting. I agree though, I would much prefer a more nature orientated theme for this pack.
    MsPerry4 wrote: »
    I'm not sure by what they mean for art style.

@MsPerry4

The art style from what I can gather is the theme for the pack, for example, the "City living" pack was more of a cultural theme, Movie hangout stuff was more bohemian, long skirts, bright patterned furniture and so on. The most likely options for this will be, super modern, so black & whites or bold colors, lots of glass. Minimalist style really. Or more rustic, so new furniture made out of old things (crates, etc.) flowers in bottle vases, stuff like that. Does that help?
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Omg yaaaas!!! I love CAS :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Cement, brick, aluminium, and etc. I see wood furniture and wood houses I always think how many trees died for that stuff. If I was rich, rich I would have very little wood (I would use wood from old wood items to fashion stuff). Jungles and forest are disappearing and animals everywhere are losing their habitats. So, Eco living means a lot different today then it did in yesteryears.
  • Options
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Cement, brick, aluminium, and etc. I see wood furniture and wood houses I always think how many trees died for that stuff. If I was rich, rich I would have very little wood (I would use wood from old wood items to fashion stuff). Jungles and forest are disappearing and animals everywhere are losing their habitats. So, Eco living means a lot different today then it did in yesteryears.

There is a huge difference with wood from the rain forests and wood from sustainable forests. Especially if you consider how fast bamboo grows. Google it.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    RobynTyler wrote: »
    Sanne22681 wrote: »

0025.jpg

0029.jpg

0032.jpg

146038-regen-0_1024.jpg

Thought I'd post these so everyone can see. Would be very interesting to have this in game.

I've seen this in a magazine :smile: It's seriously cool and I would love to have this!
  • Options
    Kronox21Kronox21 Posts: 1 New Member
    I personally would like something with a hi-tech look. I wish I lived a hi-tech life in the real world(on the Jettsons level). The Sims is more of my escape from the real world to live life the way I really want to live it, so i'm not sure if there would be and eco art style I would like considering i'm the type of person that likes new things in my life rather than holding on to old things like Smeagol does the "one ring" and never wanting things to change. Using recycled stuff just doesn't give me an image of beautiful things to use and I don't want furniture made out of trees like i'm a hobbit or crate stairs. Though the pictures of the glass houses someone posted do look kind of cool. I'm just not a heavy nature type.
  • Options
    gamekitten wrote: »

There is a huge difference with wood from the rain forests and wood from sustainable forests. Especially if you consider how fast bamboo grows. Google it.

Google how many animals are endangered, advancing into the cities and near humans.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

I remember the first Earth Day back in 1971, so I want a 60's-70's "crunchy granola Earth Mother pseudo-hippie" look.
    Not gonna happen, since we just got mid century with Bowling (and it looks like there's some of that in the upcoming Family Pack), but hey, I can dream.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg