Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who does NOT want laundry?

Comments

• CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    While I like laundry per se as a gameplay addition, in my opinion it has nothing to do with Eco-Living and shouldn't be included for that pack, because it thematically doesn't fit at all.
  • SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    I don't really care about laundry. While I'm not exactly opposed to it, it's not what I voted for when I put Eco-Living in 2nd.

• KAZEINWONDERLANDKAZEINWONDERLAND Posts: 19 New Member
    I don't.

Laundry or Eco living stuff pack? I pick Eco living. But this pack will depend on what the sims players want and vote for. When reading through this forum, it's clear what the majority of the voters want: Laundry and Off the grid self sufficient living. Not Eco living. Those wanting Eco living are in the minority in this forum.

So it's Laundry vs. Off the grid self sufficient living now. If I have to decide, I pick laundry because off the grid self sufficient is too large to fit into a stuff pack and still feeling worth it.

So give me a Laundry focused stuff pack with even better laundry gameplay than in the Sims 3. :)
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm not buying Eco-Living if laundry is the only selling point. Laundry annoyed me in TS3.

I'm just scared that putting laundry in, will cause that there isn't any gameplay related to actual eco-living. All these ideas like solar pannels, making jam, better use for gardening etc. might not fit into the budget of a SP with laundry included.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Laundry was NOT FUN in the Sims 3. The only thing cool about it was that we could make laundry rooms and buying the different looks/colors for washers and dryers (for aesthetic). The chores were TEDIOUS.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    And btw, you can simulate laundry rooms in Sims 4. I have. They are mostly unused and I love that.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    MissMahoo wrote: »
    How is laundry eco friendly? If it came in a family style pack, I would kind of get it, but with this..My brain can't compute.

Yes! Laundry really ought to have been part of the upcoming family gamepack and not the stuff pack. While I respect the outcome of the voting, I can't help but feel that if laundry was not in the Sp list for eco living, we may have had a different result.
  • ladymysteladymyste Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't mind laundry, just don't do it like in the sims 3 once you had a hamper on the lot the sims would just drop their clothes anywhere..
    I would like them to make a proper telescope and microscope. ones that actually fit in an apartment.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    i disagree with the first post for me laundry is a must have in the game even build in my sims home a laundry room

I can respect that you see laundry as "realism" and therefore a "must have" For me, I don't want chores in my game. If laundry is put in the game, I would only consider it if there was a little entertainment value instead of having it in the game for the sake of cleaning. I want it to be lighthearted instead of a mundane task in the game that ends up being another annoying feature with piles of clothes everywhere, and sims being stuck for hours doing laundry. Monster under the bed was a cute idea, but every time you sim child goes to bed, they wake up the whole house. Those lights don't work to stop them.

If you played sims 3, you know that laundry was a neat idea, but it got old really quick with all the clothes everywhere. I want you to have your "realism", but I also don't want it to be the only feature in a pack that is so annoying that I will use it once and feel like I wasted money cause I will never use it again. So be willing to compromise a little and be open to making laundry a little more light-hearted and entertaining.

I posted ideas in: My ideas for Laundry and Top Loader vs Front Loader.

Agreed. i dont play video games to do cleaning.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what's so fun about laundry in the sims? I didn't play TS3 by the way, so I don't know what it's like.

Nothing. While I wasnt a fan of ts3, i did experience laundry and it was a hassle. So not fun. But I think for some people, tedious things are fun.
    Somehow, this realism is "fun", but when I suggested that sims land jobs too easily, some of the same ones wanting the realism of laundry think its totally fine for sims to automatically get every job they apply for. I wish he had some type of interview process for at least some careers. I hope those will come with University.
  • FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Count me in as another who doesn't want laundry added back in! I hated the fact that if you didn't have a clothes hamper in every room in the house, you had to go around after your sims changed clothes in the living room and pick up the random piles of clothes. If this is what we're facing this time, I won't be adding laundry machines to my home.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Didn't they even leave piles of clothes whenever they went in to the swimming pool? I think there was a chance that other Sims could steal the clothes and your Sim was running around naked after that... I did play with laundry machines in Sims 3, but I also remember it being a hassle rather than useful, it just took more of the already spare time away... :( I just recently started the Criminal career, and oh boy there was not one day off work and so he went to work, came back was too tired, then slept and a few hours later could run again... Not cool. Then on top of that laundry piles everywhere? hmmm
  • RoboElephant0514RoboElephant0514 Posts: 13 New Member
    Eco living was actually my last choice- I picked Dangerous and Wedding as my top two (but in no specific order.) I'm willing to make the best of the eco living pack, though. Even if laundry isn't something I necessarily want in my game I think that the other objects might make it worth it for m.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Even thou I have decorative CC washers and dryers in some of my houses, I do not want laundry in TS4. I play the game to escape from the drudgery of domestic chores, so I don't need more of them in my game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want people to have what they want and I think the guy working the stuff pack really wants it
    they could be power saving washers
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited April 2017
    Candacis wrote: »
    While I like laundry per se as a gameplay addition, in my opinion it has nothing to do with Eco-Living and shouldn't be included for that pack, because it thematically doesn't fit at all.

It's doubtful that Eco-Living would have won the vote without laundry. There is no set definition of "Eco-Living". They defined it in the vote as "Adopt new home technologies to help your Sim with domestic responsibilities and live an eco-friendly life. Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology and solar energy." So laundry is obviously one of the options and it was advertised that way. Presumably, the objects and features votes will determine what the most players want the most. A lot of people didn't vote for Eco-Living number 1, so there will already be people who don't get what they want out of this stuff pack before anything further is even decided. This is a most votes win sort of process and not create a pack catered to everyone's preferences. Let's face it, there's zero chance they could release a stuff pack that every single person was interested in. These are the cards that have been dealt so people should probably get used to the fact that laundry has a very strong likelihood of being in this stuff pack.
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would like to water the decor plants :)
  • dimond017dimond017 Posts: 1 New Member
    I totally agree with what everyone is saying here. Eco living could be cool if it included sustainable living such as wind turbines and solar panels. Those could be fun because they could lower your households bills. I voted eco living last because they said laundry. Who the heck wants to do laundry in TS4?? I hate doing it in real life. So anyway I hope they do more with solar panels and adding more plants. And green roofs would be fun.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I'm with most of you, I don't care much for laundry, at least not the way it was in Sims3. The clothesline was cute but that was it, the dirty clothes was a bother. I hope it will be different this time. Having a laundromat venue could be fun, maybe meet your first love or have your laundry stolen so you're forced to go out in your jammies, yeah right, wishful thinking.
  • Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    Can someone tell me what's so fun about laundry in the sims? I didn't play TS3 by the way, so I don't know what it's like.

How Laundry Works, Sims 3 Style: If you don't have a washing machine or a clothes hamper in your home, nothing happens. If you do, then every time sims change clothes - whether they're getting into the pool, going to bed, even getting into the shower - then the outfit they were wearing is now dirty. If there's a clothes hamper in the room, you see the clothes automatically drop into the hamper; if not, they're left on the floor in a pile right by where the sim was standing when they did their little twirl. (If they were going skinny dipping, then another sim could steal their pile of clothes as a prank.) When the hampers got full, or when you just felt like it, you could have your sim do laundry. They would gather the clothes from a hamper if you clicked on that specific hamper, or from all hampers if you clicked on the washing machine. Then they'd throw everything into the washing machine and turn it on, then stand there like a dolt until you directed them to do something else. When the washing machine was finished, you'd have them go and either 1) switch the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer, or 2) switch the clothes from the washing machine to the clothes line out back, depending on what you had. Repeat the "dolt" process until the clothes are dry, at which point the sim could go get them out and have them magically disappear.

The benefit of all this is that every time a sim would change clothes or get into bed for the next two days (I think?) they'd get a positive moodlet -- a clean clothes moodlet and a clean sheets moodlet. The clean sheets moodlet would be useless in Sims 4, since sims don't have a mood while they sleep; but in Sims 3, your sim would be constantly in a "good" mood or "bad" mood, or even a "great" mood, depending on how their moodlets balanced out. Good moodlets raised a bar, bad moodlets lowered it; wherever the bar fell on the scale determined what mood they were in. You can see that here:

xsim-mood.gif.pagespeed.ic.R5Qoj50hfp.jpg
    (Image courtesy of Carl's Sims 3 Guide)

When their mood got into that upper part, they'd be making the Sims 3 version of Satisfaction Points just by walking around and existing, even in their sleep. So you wanted to keep that bar up as much as possible, and do whatever it took to keep it there.

There was also a laundromat lot that you could take the clothes to if you didn't have a washing machine or dryer, and your sim could sit around and chat with others while they waited (basically an excuse to be social), but the cheap laundry machine was super cheap and the clothes line was even cheaper, so I never did that myself.

Some simmers did laundry religiously; some opted out by never putting any laundry items on their lot. The moodlets were pretty good (and pretty powerful), but it was just one more thing to fill up time better spent raising needs or crafting items to make money.

Sorry for the wall of text; that ended up being longer than expected! But I wanted to give DeKay (and others who never played the Sims 3) an idea of just how laundry has worked in previous games.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Problem with the extra mood points for sims 4 tho is that itll just be one extra thing to make sims eternally happy about, and basically a temporary environmental buff..

I don't care for laundry and think itd be a weak selling point unless they really went out of the box but it is much wanted and putting it in a stuff pack would help those who really don't want it in their game...to just avoid it by not purchasing it entirely.

Imo I'd just put it as a feature in an expansion pack personally. Less potential for being fleshed out but imo there is only so much you can do with it. Imo a stuff pack would be better off with something more unique/innovative but still specific.

Laundry is fine just has been done before and imo that's rather zzzzzy.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    in 3 I would some times add a laundry room/area if it existed in a blue print I was working from, but as a general rule of thumb I'm not a fan of laundry in the game and in my personal opinion really has nothing to do with ecological living

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    When it comes to laundry, I can take it or leave it to be honest. It is just another chore next to cleaning and repairing. I would prefer some other objects for sure. Unfortunately, it looks like laundry will be winning but that's ok. I just hope integrating it into your house is optional like in TS3.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2017
    I really wouldn't want it to be something my sims have to do
    I don't enjoying doing it myself
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited April 2017

Nothing. While I wasnt a fan of ts3, i did experience laundry and it was a hassle. So not fun. But I think for some people, tedious things are fun.
    Somehow, this realism is "fun", but when I suggested that sims land jobs too easily, some of the same ones wanting the realism of laundry think its totally fine for sims to automatically get every job they apply for. I wish he had some type of interview process for at least some careers. I hope those will come with University.

Oh okay. Thanks for replying. I've seen some TS3 let's plays where the player just ends up dragging the clothes on the floor to the washing machine. XD I can imagine that happening in my game since I do that with my sims' plates. My sims just leave their plates everywhere. *shakes head*
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif