Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry plus... what "eco" feature?

So, last night during breaks in the hockey game (GO LEAFS GO), I found myself thinking about the whole LAUNDRY VS. ECO thing, and that maybe it's NOT a "vs." We've had some single-feature SPs but they were features with lots of coding and animation, particularly the hot tub (lots of routing there, multiple sizes of Sims, a variety of animation) and bowling (lots of animation!). Most of the time, we've had multiple gameplay objects with less animation/coding per objects.

So, what if this can be done with this pack? What if the not-actually-named-yet pack can turn into Clean Eco Living Stuff? What would be a good fit if we got laundry and an eco feature or two?

My thinking right now:

Front-loading (eco-efficient) laundry + a clothesline (both with some animation but not lots of variety)
Composting (not a lot of animation involved? But turning the compost would be nice. Stinky, but nice.)
Solar panels (no or almost no animation, some money-system coding)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Front-loading (eco-efficient) laundry + a clothesline (both with some animation but not lots of variety)
    If laundry is added, this would add more to the game:
    bike-washing-machine4.jpg
    Composting (not a lot of animation involved? But turning the compost would be nice. Stinky, but nice.)
    A worm farm would be more fun. Just think of toddlers playing with wriggly worms... and eating them!
    They would be lacking a little in the play side of things

A canning station would add more game play, and would probably recycle animations from cooking. (Recycling is eco friendly!)

Aquaponics would give table height gardens, with a fish tank below. You'd only need a small hand net to catch your dinner.

And if you're talking clean, then it's time for two to shower together!

Also, what about putting two toddlers or a toddler and a child in the tub together?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    For the more modern look, I would like the clothing chutes, so no more putting baskets in the kitchen and dining room! These would be space saving too? LOL
    15516a0101f97eb3_3861-w500-h666-b0-p0--traditional-bathroom.jpg
    bdc4981c2bc70a42ebeecdf9d67b1971.jpg
    As far as eco features (other than laundry) I am not sure.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    So, last night during breaks in the hockey game (GO LEAFS GO), I found myself thinking about the whole LAUNDRY VS. ECO thing, and that maybe it's NOT a "vs." We've had some single-feature SPs but they were features with lots of coding and animation, particularly the hot tub (lots of routing there, multiple sizes of Sims, a variety of animation) and bowling (lots of animation!). Most of the time, we've had multiple gameplay objects with less animation/coding per objects.

So, what if this can be done with this pack? What if the not-actually-named-yet pack can turn into Clean Eco Living Stuff? What would be a good fit if we got laundry and an eco feature or two?

My thinking right now:

I would like it if they added the furniture to the handy workbench so we could make our own furniture. There should be no new animations required and we get front loading washers and dryers with open hampers. So we could see the clothes dropping into the hamper.
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member

My thinking right now:

And wind turbines there has to be wind turbines
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7