Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-Friendly Stuff - Hippie style instead of futuristic

Some people imagine Eco-Friendly Stuff as futuristic but what if it's all about hippie lifestyle and connecting to nature and having your clothes line in the garden?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    c62b30060c5c8e537874a643a2006de4--1970s-hippie-fashion-70s-fashion.jpg

hippie-kostum-fur-frauen.jpg
    Would be awesome and fit the eco-friendly theme
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2017
    And there is a new harvestable plant that can cause funny hallucinations after eating it
    a256aFi.gif
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    I like the idea of the clothesline in the garden, but I would prefer less wildly colorful, more natural fiber clothes in earth tones. I mentioned in another post that I already have enough Asian Rastafarians in my game. I would be hesitant to add anything like this for the townie atrocities that would be wandering around. I'd end up blacklisting everything in MC Commander.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• KAZEINWONDERLANDKAZEINWONDERLAND Posts: 19 New Member
    I like the idea of the cloth line in the garden, but I would prefer less wildly colorful, more natural fiber clothes in earth tones. I mentioned in another post that I already have enough Asian Rastafarians in my game. I would be hesitant to add anything like this for the townie atrocities that would be wandering around. I'd end up blacklisting everything in MC Commander.

Exactly this.

We already have so many colorful and non conventional fashion styles from the past. I rarely use them and I really don't want more. Some hippie elements ok but not everything in hippie style, please! And also why not a modern version of hippie? Fashion is about reinvention.
    Now it's time for something contemporary. Eco friendliness is a highly contemporary topic and concern and will only grow more of importance in the near future. Eco friendly is about our growing overpopulation finding a way to not destroying earth while making life as comfortable as possible for everyone. It's innovation. Making the world a better place. It's science. I can't see how living in the past will solve any of our contemporary problems. I want to see innovative fashion sewing patterns, that reduce the waste of fabric during production. I want to see natural and organic fabrics and dyes. I want to see fashion that is suitable, practical and yet with an Eco touch for our and our sims everyday home, working and school life.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes I too like the idea of going hippie type "back to the land" rather than high tech. Love to have things that look like compost toilets and the type of walls and trailer bases for making "Tiny House" off-grid homes
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Laura Ashley type dresses would be nice and tie dying too, using the "bucket method"
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    I agree. I want this game to allow a different play style, one that focuses on surviving off the land rather than the typical go-to-work, sell-all-collectibles play through. Eco as expensive high-tech items would be disappointing, because that doesn't open up new play; rather, it rehashes things that are already available or were released in previous iterations of the game. That actually makes this pack harder to do, because the things that I want need new animations (chicken coops, bee hives, etc).
    nZLbne1.jpg

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It seems that there are two different types of eco wanted, subsistence and modern. I wonder if they could do them in the same pack or if that's too much.
    I prefer more rustic, personally. Modern looks too plain and sterile for me.

Mchap353 wrote: »
    It seems that there are two different types of eco wanted, subsistence and modern. I wonder if they could do them in the same pack or if that's too much.

I think they will prefer to choose just one, due to wanting a cohesive art style across the pack. And remember a stuff pack only has a handful of new objects - what would we have, the compost toilet along with a high-tech recycled water shower? We wouldn't be able to use them all together

• KAZEINWONDERLANDKAZEINWONDERLAND Posts: 19 New Member
    ghilie wrote: »
    I agree. I want this game to allow a different play style, one that focuses on surviving off the land rather than the typical go-to-work, sell-all-collectibles play through. Eco as expensive high-tech items would be disappointing, because that doesn't open up new play; rather, it rehashes things that are already available or were released in previous iterations of the game. That actually makes this pack harder to do, because the things that I want need new animations (chicken coops, bee hives, etc).

I think what you have described would be better put together in a farm/country life pack, where they can go even more into detail and gameplay. I would also like to have chicken and bees but for Eco I just have other things in mind. Moreover, we already have outdoor retreat. Combine that with the clothes from movie hangout and you basically have something like a hippie, one with nature lifestyle. I have already played this kind of lifestyle with my hermit sim. I really don't want another pack that is centered around going to the roots and fashion from the past.
    I have played some families for a long time and they've got established careers now. I want them to keep living their contemporary life while changing things at home to make their lives more Eco friendly. Especially considering that the last large expansion pack gave us such a modern metropole like San Myshuno, I really want contemporary content to fit the theme of a huge city. I have many sims living in city apartments and it would be cool to see how they can make their life more Eco friendly without moving them to granite falls and putting them into a wooden house with no electricity again.
  • RavenWildeRavenWilde Posts: 37 New Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Yes I too like the idea of going hippie type "back to the land" rather than high tech. Love to have things that look like compost toilets and the type of walls and trailer bases for making "Tiny House" off-grid homes

Agreed... I'm already playing a number of families as living off the land nature-types

I would LOVE to be able to expand their lives with more gardening activities, especially any that involve doing stuff with the produce you harvest: canning, selling at a farmer's market or a farm stand on your home lot, etc. Right now I'm basically just selling it directly from my inventory and this is kinda 'meh' after all the effort that goes into growing it.
    Oh I have just remembered we can't have new wallpapers and stuff in a stuff pack :( But still, a trailer base is just a deco object - I can't remember is there an invisible foundation we can use to make a trailer that can have a wheeled trailer base slipped under it?
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Why no new wallpapers?
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    No there is no invisible foundation currently. There is a debug floating foundation but it actually is visible when placed and looks like another foundation we have access to without debug. The best you can do for trailers is placing them on a plain cement foundation or the wooden lattice foundation like they have been parked rather permanently. And I know they have said they don't have a build mode engineer on the stuff pack team but does that really extend to walls and floors? Didn't we get some walls and floors in spooky day stuff?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If they're gonna do clotheslines, then they've gotta do a hills hoist

1939eb5d786a92de51b240505ababccf.jpg
    It's not just for laundry
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »

I have never seen one of those....ever. Maybe it's a Florida thing. We don't have those down here. The only clothesline I've ever seen or used is the long, boring kind :D I would have loved one of those merry-go-rounds when I was a kid!

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

I have never seen one of those....ever. Maybe it's a Florida thing. We don't have those down here. The only clothesline I've ever seen or used is the long, boring kind :D I would have loved one of those merry-go-rounds when I was a kid!

It's an aussie invention, and until about 20 years ago, every back yard had one, and every kid swung on it.... and the unfortunate ones broke it, and got into trouble. Don't try swinging on it in your teens (oops).
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Oh I have just remembered we can't have new wallpapers and stuff in a stuff pack :( But still, a trailer base is just a deco object - I can't remember is there an invisible foundation we can use to make a trailer that can have a wheeled trailer base slipped under it?

actually we can. there are often at least one or more new wallpaper(s) and/or floor(s) in the stuff packs