Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Arrghhhh! This is not the "laundry" forum!

Any chance the washing machine chat can be combined into fewer threads? :D

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Lol. Just watch - Dangerous wins and this forum area turns into Death by Laundry :D

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yep, I don't get what the laundry fans think they're doing.

Romance, weddings and laundry.
    Death, Danger, and Laundry.
    Arcades, and laundromats?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

An arcade game where you only get clean laundry if you win, otherwise you're going home with dirty laundry.

The stakes have never been higher!
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited April 2017
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Lol. Just watch - Dangerous wins and this forum area turns into Death by Laundry :D
    <>Pulls out soapbox<>
    I am guessing the Laundry Consortium has no experience in what that was all about. Every single time a Sim changed clothes it created a pile of laundry. *Every*Single*Time* !
    I remember visiting neighbor Sims only to find the place littered with piles and piles of stinky green laundry. AND .... no way to get rid of it because it was not your own lot!
    <>Puts away soapbox and walks away<>
    :lol:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2017
    Seconded:

But...do laundry aficionados realise that its' probable stuffpack if chosen would have to come out some time in 2018? If chosen anyway it would have to have its' own Forum link.

Is it a ploy by Maxis to keep them quiet for a year? The other stuffs they have mentioned, like Dangerous could be "stuffed" into the other EPs and Gamepacks. Dangerous Sports for example. (or even swallowed by a fish in a Patch)!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    #TEAMLAUNDRY!!!

giphy.gif

The irony of complaining about the number of laundry threads by creating another thread about laundry. :D:D:D

(Seriously though, this was the first thread I saw, is it getting really bad out there? *heads back out cautiously*)
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I am one of those hoping for laundry but I totally agree! I'm also shaking my head at all the posts about other packs people are wanting many of which weren't even in the survey. This is about a process and it seems many people have some very interesting ideas about that process. I'm laughing at it as a very interesting social experiment though!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member

Ahh no, @Movotti, we did not do that one; although I'm sure it would be fun -- the bride has to launder and iron her wedding dress, plus groom's outfits and bridesmaids' frocks in time for the ceremony, otherwise the wedding will be a flop (I'm thinking of something along the lines of The Prince and The Pauper, where Sophia Loren had to win a dish-washing contest in order to marry her prince).
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2017

Laundromats can be dangerous, especially the ones with drycleaning machines. Just Google.
    Washing machines and fridgefreezers have been catching fire in the uk too recently and children getting into washing machines seem to be a regular thing. (one way of getting rid of the toddlers in your game)?
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

I voted for death/danger. It is a chance to get some really fantastic play <3 in with cemeteries, new death types, and make decisions about inheritance ect. I picked starter second since they had me at yardsales and cheap stuff. Next was weddings, which I also wanted second because of all the nice dresses, cakes, ect., but that deserves to be in a gamepack perhaps. I wasn't keen on arcades after seeing everything else and I didn't like the laundry one because of the eco spin. Maybe household appliances would've been better. Another reason is we all know we are getting laundry at some point, but for this chance to actually contribute, I would rather have the chance to contribute to something super cool like funerals, gothic looks, the cemetery >:) , because you could go on forever posting pictures of them, but after so long one can only stand so many pics of appliances.
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @Movotti I think I am the guilty one saying laundry could fit into a dangerous pack - which it could. It was a lol comment cause all the hype about it.
    But I am not a laundry fan, quite the opposite, I agree with Inge here.
    I think the definition of Eco Living needs to be explained, and think that tossing laundry into eco living was a bad and confusing idea in the first place.
    I like a pack with eco living but not just laundry! Would not buy it.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I must admit: Were laundry possible, only thing I'd have my sims do is just pile it up on the couch. XP...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Death number 1 in My book, Bring It On !!!! :)
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited April 2017
    Agreed! It's okay to discuss your ideas, but let's keep it together in an appropriately-themed topic or two.

I myself am not a fan of laundry. Or many of the other things I've seen called out here: vacuuming, ironing, etc. Eco-friendly? I don't get that so much. (Don't understand how these things fit that theme.) I think we just need a "Chores and Drudgery" SP -- just put all that stuff in one place so I can happily avoid purchasing it. I don't want to do that stuff IRL, certainly don't want to be reminded of it in my game. IMO, YMMV and all that.
    Post edited by Ayradyss on
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    well at least the Fitness pack isn't coming with a laundry excerise bike (really its a thing!!)

bike-washing-machine4.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    well at least the Fitness pack isn't coming with a laundry excerise bike (really its a thing!!)

bike-washing-machine4.jpg

This is actually the kind of thing I would expect to see in a Sims game.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ah well! It'll be the laundry forum for a while longer :) I'm interested to see what happens with the pack concept, since there's so many directions it could go, and since the voting pattern suggested that the World Of Simmers and the US Forum Of Simmers don't quite overlap.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    Well i guess this will be a laundary forum now, seeing how Eco Living won. lol :)
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    With eco living we might see more farming and animal friendly sim stuff maybe pets.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    With eco living we might see more farming and animal friendly sim stuff maybe pets.

This is only a stuff pack. Pets and anything similar, would definitely be an EP. Stuff packs are too small for all that.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member

We aren't going to see that. This is a stuff pack.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Even the pack that had laundry suggested in it has a bigger theme to it than that, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    <>Pulls out soapbox<>
    I am guessing the Laundry Consortium has no experience in what that was all about. Every single time a Sim changed clothes it created a pile of laundry. *Every*Single*Time* !
    I remember visiting neighbor Sims only to find the place littered with piles and piles of stinky green laundry. AND .... no way to get rid of it because it was not your own lot!
    <>Puts away soapbox and walks away<>
    :lol:

So what? That's real life. You change your clothes, and they don't disappear.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Simango wrote: »
    The stakes have never been higher!
    *The stains have never been higher.
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    I think we just need a "Chores and Drudgery" SP
    Good name for it!
    MadameLee wrote: »
    It should be. Then I could easily avoid both chores and gym junkie stuff.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif