Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

eco-theme: how ironing and laundry could be implmented

here how i think they both can be added with a little depth
First Laundry
- So to start with when your sims change there outfit while taking a shower or swimming they leave there cloths in ground (just like sims 3) but instead the outfit you threw is no longer available for you to wear in change outfit (which also means that sims when they get out of shower they get out wearing towel and not there original outfit as it is at ground) , if you want that outfit back you click on the clothing object and reassign it into your sim, doing so will allow you to re-wear the outfit but when wearing your sim will be wearing dirty cloths which would give him bad moodlet and in turn makes your sim have low hygiene.

- Now instead of reassigning the outfit to your sim you can either take the outfit object and added it into your inventory and then take it to the washing machine or have and laundry basket which will automatically collect the dirty laundry to it.

- T hen after you finish washing those laundry you get options either use an cheap dryer where it dry the cloths without ironing them or an expensive one that dry them and iron them same time or maybe of cloths lines were added you can use them too but using them will not have you outfit ironed.

- If you click on the washing machine you get the same you get the same menu as "change outfit" interaction so you get to wash any of the outfit you have assigned to your sim wither they are clean or not.

Second Ironing:
- Ironing your sim outfit will get rid of the wrinkled attribute and replace it with the freshly ironed one.

- Using iron would be for sims who cant afford expensive dryers.

- If your sim burn the outfit they either start a fire or have there outfit simply burnt where the outfit will have and burnt attribute which will cause the outfit to have the burned overlay.

- if you click on the iron stand you get the same menu as "change outfit" interaction so you get to iron any of the outfit you have assigned to your sim wither they are wrinkled or not.

~ I also think it would be better if the iron don't just apear out of no where from the sim back and instead is attched to the iron stand and can be seen when not in use

Now little bit of fun

Outfit Attributes
These are things that are added to your outfits that defines how they will function.
examples
Wet: if you washed the outfit and didn't dry it and made your sim wear it they will be dripping water all over the place just like when they come out of pools.
- This could also be added to outfits if you swim wearing a non swimwear outfit which then you will need the dryer to dry.

Wrinkled: these attribute will be added when you don't iron the outfit, sims will have and uncomfortable moodlet.
- Sims with Slob trait or okay with wearing wrinkled cloths and are okay with other sims wearing them too.
- Sims with neat trait will be extra uncomfortable wearing such cloth or being around sims who are wearing them.

Freshly ironed: this will be a time limited attribute where your sims will feel energized for wearing freshly ironed outfit.

Clean: this will show when your sim is wearing newly washed and dried outfit and will give a good moodlet.
- Sims sims with neat trait will feel extra happy having this attribute .

Dirty: this will be added to your outfit if your sim had low hygiene which makes sims cloths dirty, or of he threw it at ground before taking a shower or swimming. having this attribute while wearing the outfit will cause sims to lose hygiene and have embarrassed moodlet where the sim is embarrassed from being smelly.
- Sims with Squeamish or neat trait will be extra uncomfortable wearing such cloth or being around sims who are wearing them.
- Sims with Slob trait or okay with wearing dirty cloths and are okay with other sims wearing them too.
- Sims with Self-Assured trait will be uncomfortable instead of being embarrassed.

Burnt: this will happen if you burn the outfit using and iron sims wearing them will have the burned overly and will also cause them to have uncomfortable moodlet.

as for the change outfit interaction i was talking about, when you hover you mouse over any of the outfits, it shows the attributes assigned into it
Sims-4-Change-Outfit.jpg

Well that's all i personally think doing this in a pack will make a very good deal as it will include the challenge, depth, realism and randomness to the pack which i think will be a great deal.

Tell me your thoughts.

yondu-guardians1.jpg
over here i post my cc
new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
you may know me as g1g2

Post edited by husseinandali on

Comments

• JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    First: I LOVE your idea of making laundry (and not doing it) matter with the idea of removing outfits from CAS until they are cleaned. It gives a purpose to doing laundry!

Also.. with the clothes piling up I want sims to be able to walk over the pile but only until a certain point. If they just leave it and leave it I want it to pile up and block their path. >:)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Which pack are you thinking of this being a part of?
    Cos it doesn't seem to fit with any of them... unless you're thinking death and danger. Cos ironing is the death of me..
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    Movotti wrote: »
    Cos it doesn't seem to fit with any of them... unless you're thinking death and danger. Cos ironing is the death of me..

Laundry is a possibility with the Eco-Living. With laundry can come ironing. Everyone is throwing out their ideas. Eventually once a pack is chosen, I imagine we'll have a vicious game of "Would You Rather" to pick what items we feel the winning pack should contain. The gurus will tell us how much they can cram into an SP.

So at this point, there is no reason to judge other people's ideas. The Dangerous group are talking about executions and cancer which probably would be nixed because The Sims has a Teen rating. But, to each their own. Brainstorming is about throwing out ideas and seeing what sticks. We have a very large group of simmers here with different play styles and interests. You're not going to like them all. :)
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    I too love the idea of not having dirty clothes available in change outfit. It could be grayed out.

Laundry is a possibility with the Eco-Living. With laundry can come ironing.
    Ironing is about as far from eco freindly as you can get.

So at this point, there is no reason to judge other people's ideas.
    If that's the case, why are you judging my ideas?
    Putting the laundry with death and danger fits with the silliness of the sims.

I'm judging you, judging others :D My iron is cordless and has a rechargeable battery. How is that not Eco-friendly? Especially if the power is coming from my solar panels?

I'm judging you, judging others :D My iron is cordless and has a rechargeable battery. How is that not Eco-friendly? Especially if the power is coming from my solar panels?

Cos you're still wating time and power, regardless of where that power comes from. :p

Have you ever seen a hippy with ironed clothes?
    dd62327c583dd992d69a5a5116b82bdf.jpg

Cos you're still wating time and power, regardless of where that power comes from. :p

Have you ever seen a hippy with ironed clothes?
    dd62327c583dd992d69a5a5116b82bdf.jpg

Time? My sims have plenty of time. That's one natural resource they never run out of. Especially since most of them don't work full time jobs. They'd rather sell woodworkings and chase after toddlers.... like tree-huggin hippies!

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't see ironing being an actual activity. Seems graphically improbable. They'd essentially have to make 2 versions of every outfit: one ironed and one wrinkled. I could however see if they added an option to the dryer that says "Dry and Press/Wrinkle Free" which would give you a moodlet saying your clothes are freshly ironed. But that's about it.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don't see ironing being an actual activity. Seems graphically improbable. They'd essentially have to make 2 versions of every outfit: one ironed and one wrinkled. I could however see if they added an option to the dryer that says "Dry and Press/Wrinkle Free" which would give you a moodlet saying your clothes are freshly ironed. But that's about it.

I don't think they'd make two of every outfit. It would probably just be the same shirt or something. Kinda like in TS3, the clothes hanging on the line might be cargo pants and T-shirts, but your sim is wearing a dress. They wouldn't be THAT specific.

• husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    @KatyJay88 @SageRainWillow @simgirl1010
    thanks guys for agreeing on these ideas, now since eco-theme is choosen i guess its safe to tag @SimGuruGraham to check them if he haven't yet :)

@Movotti
    i thought that if doing laundry is part of eco theme its only fitting to have iron with them
    also who said you cant have an eco friendly iron :P http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/rowenta-eco-intelligence-steam-iron/
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I really like the idea of outfit attributes. This way doing laundry gets meaningful gameplay wise. Wet, clean, dirty and burnt already exist in game and they could very well be used. Neat, sloppy and squeamish Sims should indeed have different reactions to those attributes. I also like the idea of the outfit becoming unavailable when your Sim puts it on the ground. Neat and squeamish Sims should randomly get a whim to wash their clothes, while slobs might wish to put on their dirty clothes, thus picking them up from the ground and walking around in their dirty clothes that then have a dirty attribute.

Your idea for ironing is also something I like. I am not sure what a wrinkled attribute might look like and it may be difficult to implement. Also, I think a washing machine, dryer and/or clothing line and an ironing board might be a bit too much for a stuff pack. We don't know yet how much gameplay items we will get, but judging from previous stuff packs I assume its not going to be more than two or maybe, if we are lucky, three. Maybe the dryer could have a wrinkle free upgrade? This would give a stronger positive moodlet than regularly dried clothes.
    Time? My sims have plenty of time. That's one natural resource they never run out of.
    How?
    There are not enough hours in the sim day for my sims to get their chores done, and live their lives.

i thought that if doing laundry is part of eco theme its only fitting to have iron with them
    also who said you cant have an eco friendly iron :P http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/rowenta-eco-intelligence-steam-iron/
    There's also the old fashioned version.
    cd4a83dcb1d24623a48fdcfb9ba2c1a9.jpg
    mmmm hot coals.

• husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Time? My sims have plenty of time. That's one natural resource they never run out of.
    How?
    There are not enough hours in the sim day for my sims to get their chores done, and live their lives.

mmmm hot coals.

Mmmm looks delicious
    Klthf wrote: »
    I really like the idea of outfit attributes. This way doing laundry gets meaningful gameplay wise. Wet, clean, dirty and burnt already exist in game and they could very well be used. Neat, sloppy and squeamish Sims should indeed have different reactions to those attributes. I also like the idea of the outfit becoming unavailable when your Sim puts it on the ground. Neat and squeamish Sims should randomly get a whim to wash their clothes, while slobs might wish to put on their dirty clothes, thus picking them up from the ground and walking around in their dirty clothes that then have a dirty attribute.

Your idea for ironing is also something I like. I am not sure what a wrinkled attribute might look like and it may be difficult to implement. Also, I think a washing machine, dryer and/or clothing line and an ironing board might be a bit too much for a stuff pack. We don't know yet how much gameplay items we will get, but judging from previous stuff packs I assume its not going to be more than two or maybe, if we are lucky, three. Maybe the dryer could have a wrinkle free upgrade? This would give a stronger positive moodlet than regularly dried clothes.

Yup an wrinkle free upgrade would be a better thanks for contributing and agreeing
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    you may know me as g1g2

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    How?

mmmm hot coals.

My first thought was that this was a pic of a torture device...

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Doing laundry can be eco without the washing machine. I want my simmies to do it by hand. That's eco!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    How?

mmmm hot coals.

My first thought was that this was a pic of a torture device...

Technically it is.
    Ironing is torture!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    This is adorable, but I have one problem: I don't want to have to do laundry every day in order for my sim to have clean clothes. If it is dirty each time you change your outfit, it's going to be a major hassle. Even if you assign a sim three outfits per category (which I never do), you still have to wash your clothes at least once every three days. I do laundry once a week irl.
    Nice ideas though! It would make laundry much more meaningful in a sim's life and fun (?) :)

EDIT: I think there should be a way to disable laundry. If there isn't a washing machine or hamper on the lot, clothing shouldn't spawn on the ground.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    how about the way my mom does ironing? (basically hang clothes up on a hanger and use a spray bottle and spray it and then hang the shirt up? No winkles and it's eco-friendly
    6adMCGP.gif
  • HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    Oh my glad you guys are so creative. I am not really into the whole laundry but in the sims but I enjoyed reading how much thought is going into this :)