Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to modify DeformerMaps

cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi @SimGuruModSquad

I've been working at making custom DeformerMaps (0xDB43E069) and am ready to test. However, I can't seem to successfully replace a game DeformerMap. I've even tried replacing the yfFeet_Long_Shape map with the game yfFeet_Short_Shape map in case there's something wrong with my maps and the usual long feet morph stays the same. I've tried also replacing the SimModifier (0xC5F6763E) and setting the DeformerMap links in it to zero. Nothing I do seems to make a difference.

Do the CAS morphs not pick up overrides from the Mods folder and custom morphs have to be scripted? Or am I doing something weird?

Here's a link to a couple of my test packages if that helps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dJ75nqQU5iU0tOLXItVEE2UUE

Thanks!
cmarNYC on MTS.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi @cmarinetti,

Turns out the short/long feet DMAPS are not used. For feet use these instead:
    c5f6763e:00000000:3059f4eba43f6e11		yfFeet_Big
    c5f6763e:00000000:682fe451944038be		yfFeet_Small

Hope that helps,
    SGMS
  • cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    edited April 2017
    Ah - I had gotten as far as realizing FeetLong and FeetBig seem to do the same morph - guess I picked the wrong one to test with. Works now (not right but at least has an effect) so I know my custom DeformerMap tool is on the right track! Thanks so much, @SimGuruModSquad !
    Post edited by cmarinetti on
    cmarNYC on MTS.
    Hi @SimGuruModSquad , I have another question. I've been poking at the DeformerMaps, still trying to do a default replacement of a game map. What seems to be happening is that every time I replace a game map, as soon as I use it in CAS it not only doesn't work but all the other game deformer maps stop working and the sim reverts to an unmorphed state. (Except what I assume are bone and BGEO morphs.) This happens when I replace with another game map as well as a custom map.

For example, I extracted both the yfChest_Lift and yfChest_Droop DeformerMaps to packages. I put the unchanged chest lift map in the Mods folder and everything was normal in CAS. Then I replaced the chest lift map with the chest droop map, keeping the chest lift Instance ID number, and as soon as I tried to lift the chest all the DeformerMaps stopped working. I then replaced again with the original chest lift map (making sure my importation of the resource is working correctly) and everything worked again.

I could use some help figuring out what's going on and how to hopefully get around this. Is the min/max columns/rows or number of scan lines or something hard coded and if it doesn't match it doesn't work?

Thanks!
    cmarNYC on MTS.
    Hi @cmarinetti,

Yeah that is odd. I expect that there is something wrong with the data such that it's causing the system to break. Can you post your mod, with the exact steps you are following to cause the issue?

Thanks,
    SGMS
    edited April 2017
    Hi again @SimGuruModSquad

Sorry to take so long; I was away from home.

To keep the test case simple and not even get into whether my tool is working, here's what I did:

1) Extracted the game yfChestDroop shape deformer map (Instance ID 0x1F15581079614160) into a package, put it in Mods, and tested. Everything worked fine.
    2) Changed the Instance ID to the ID of the yfChestLift shape deformer map: 0xDB7D590C08AF3CDB, so now the chest droop data has the chest lift identifier and should replace it in the game. Now as soon as I try to lift a female chest, all the body morphs revert to the neutral state.

Link to my test package: https://sites.google.com/site/cmarnycsite/cmar_yfChestLiftDMapTest.package?attredirects=0&d=1

Thanks!
    Post edited by cmarinetti on
    cmarNYC on MTS.
    Hey @cmarinetti,

Took a look. Think someone else hit this, an easy mistake to make: the Shape and the Normal DMAPs need to have the same mMinCol, mMaxCol, mMinRow and mMaxRow or else the system breaks. Your mod just overrides the shape, which does not match the normals. Specially:

mMaxCol 256 v. 255
    mMinRow 212 v. 199
    mMaxRow 358 v. 348

Hope that helps,
    SGMS
    I should have thought of that - thanks, it's a big help!
    cmarNYC on MTS.
    For anyone interested, I've succeeded in creating working new DeformerMaps, also BGEOs (Blend Geometry). The tool is available for testing: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=594650
    cmarNYC on MTS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top