Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ecological Living - A pic thread for inspiration!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    thanks
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2017
    I went to the site @comicsforlife linked to and I liked their wool toys. Wool is a great renewable resource, would be nice to have a toy for kids that looks like it was knitted by grandma. It could be cloned out of one they play with.

f30WfB0.jpg

Right now, all the toys are made of plastic, it would be nice to have some more natural fibred looking toys for tots, kids, and the young at heart.
    LvBCCQW.jpg

• Options
    I agree I would really like there to be more toys
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TybeeTybee Posts: 8 New Member
    This thread has made me feel so much better about the new pack. Great ideas everyone! All the initial talk seemed to be about laundry, which I just don't get. I actually found laundry annoying in S3. I didn't get to vote. I haven't been playing for a few months. I got over vampires some time in the '90's. And toddlers, well, I just prefer may babies to be four-legged and furry (Pets, anyone?). For some reason, I didn't get a newsletter about the project.

I probably would have voted for arcade, because I've been really interested in building lately -- primarily clubs, bars, game rooms, etc. But looking at all of your ideas, I'm starting to get inspired for things like vacation homes, fishing clubs, and maybe corporate retreats.

For build/buy option, I would really like to see some realistic log cabin items -- dry fit and caulked log walls, new rustic outdoor steps and railings, and some new roofs. Water pumps (indoor and outdoor) would be nice. An icebox frig (high food quality). A wood-burning stove with a higher food quality rating. A tub sink. New rustic windows (small, medium, and large). Also, Spiral Stairs! I hate having to take up so much room in the floor plan with big, dark (why are they always so dark?) straight stairs.

In general, I don't understand why we can't have a broader style selection for high-quality items. A pet peeve is the limited selection of high-quality beds. There two beds with 10 rating for energy and only one of those is a 10 in all categories. Sleeping is about the most boring part of game play. If your Sim can afford to buy a high quality bed, she should be able to choose a bed that fits the decor of her home.
  • Options
    suepixelssuepixels Posts: 161 Member
    edited April 2017
    My girl @tazreentasnim had some awesome suggestions via twitter so I thought I will pick them up and place them here.

I love her ideas as follows: 1st Jar Lights with Thomas Alva Adison Vintage Lights or even with Candles would totally fit the theme!

IMG_20170414_193021_zpsqarosrqx.jpg

Hanging Chair
    IMG_20170414_193028_zpsrxvpzzmr.jpg

I would go here even further and I would love to see a matching loveseat / sofa

160408_PineappleCottage_Collab3076_copy_grande_zpsjf1dnct4.jpg

Country Style counters with fresh pastel colors /pink/ woodish white/ mint green etc.
    IMG_20170414_193039_zpselojmakd.jpg

My idea would be to go here also further. I love the jar lights but I would suggest to do it as a string light (Wall Light/Hanging Light) as Omorfi-Mera did an awesome CC Creator and I'm convinced it would fit awesomely the theme not only indoors but but it could be used also outdoors. It would give for real an awesome atmosphere. In grey and brown as seen minium ;)

11415_zps6ws9mvhm.jpg
    11316_zpstghq7hkc.jpg
    11515_zpsddubg8wx.jpg

For the laundry I would love to have such laundry buckets (in Simlish) Washmachine & Dryer I wish it wouldn't have a toploader but a port whole / bull's eye as seen below.
    878be036281acf8990c6071c30259bbd_zpsye5jaopx.jpg

As decoration my a wooden board for lost items which are pinned with a clothes peg. I can also imagine that the the laundry box is made out of wooden with linen both items can be seen below:

887_zps6terfqd4.jpg

Such shutter doors/ windows would be amazing (plz for all hights) I love also this oldfashion laundry shield it's amazing!
    shutter%20doors_zpsqglfh8zn.jpg

For Eco Living/Laundry in generall I would love to see this kind of stuff: Different laundry detergents, ironing board, flat iron, a clothing rack with hanging clothes:
    Leosims_zpsgqpjyk1w.jpg

I don't mind even if pipes are used as a kind of DIY-Lightings goes well along with the above suggested String Jar Lights in combination with wood, wires and vintage Lighting Bulbs (Thomas Alva Addison, yeah I love those they are amazing)
    industrial%20table%20light_zpsyuvsahjj.jpg

Smash that like/awesome button if you like my and Taz's suggestions ;)
    Passionate Sim-Architect & Storyteller on Tumblr. If u can imagine u can make it happen B)
    Industrial, Steampunk & Modern Architecture. Yup Simmies, too!

EA ID suepixels | Tags #suepixels
    Sue's Architecture | Sue's Stories | Wedding Stuff Pack Ideas
    Tumblr: suepixels | Twitter suepixels
  • Options
    PhnxPlaPhnxPla Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love living roofs and walls!

troys_greenroof4.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    living-walls-home.jpg
    SK-Yee-Healthy-Life-Center-Green-Roof-Design-by-Ronald-Lu-and-Partners-1-345x200.jpg
    green-roof-press-release-pr-fremantle1.jpg
    living_wall_pic_7.jpg
    Elevate-Homes-Living-Walls.jpg
    Planted-Design-Living-Wall-lead.jpg

300px-British_Horse_Society_Head_Quarters_and_Green_Roof.jpg

Vertical space saving gardens

garden2.jpg
    2c4fdd54d23853ec985afc07a1a1bfb3--gutter-garden-fence-garden.jpg
    vertical-gardens-on-balcony.jpg
  • Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    PhnxPla wrote: »
    I would love living roofs and walls!

troys_greenroof4.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    living-walls-home.jpg
    SK-Yee-Healthy-Life-Center-Green-Roof-Design-by-Ronald-Lu-and-Partners-1-345x200.jpg
    green-roof-press-release-pr-fremantle1.jpg
    living_wall_pic_7.jpg
    Elevate-Homes-Living-Walls.jpg
    Planted-Design-Living-Wall-lead.jpg

300px-British_Horse_Society_Head_Quarters_and_Green_Roof.jpg

Vertical space saving gardens

garden2.jpg
    2c4fdd54d23853ec985afc07a1a1bfb3--gutter-garden-fence-garden.jpg
    vertical-gardens-on-balcony.jpg

Lovely! (♥‿♥)

xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    mooredt21 wrote: »
    I like what was done with the tires and would like to suggest tire swings. They were a staple of my childhood play.

008.jpg

Elise+tire+swing.jpg

e33fefda1b93654445a92f5aed2ea0f4.jpg

015.jpg

Tires can be used for so many different things. They would make a great addition to the eco pack.

I agree, it is possible to make many objects - decoration with tires, in many funny and different ways .. Recycled objects in the game. Would be great. *-*
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    suelady wrote: »
    My girl @tazreentasnim had some awesome suggestions via twitter so I thought I will pick them up and place them here.

I love her ideas as follows: 1st Jar Lights with Thomas Alva Adison Vintage Lights or even with Candles would totally fit the theme!

IMG_20170414_193021_zpsqarosrqx.jpg

Hanging Chair
    IMG_20170414_193028_zpsrxvpzzmr.jpg

I would go here even further and I would love to see a matching loveseat / sofa

160408_PineappleCottage_Collab3076_copy_grande_zpsjf1dnct4.jpg

Country Style counters with fresh pastel colors /pink/ woodish white/ mint green etc.
    IMG_20170414_193039_zpselojmakd.jpg

My idea would be to go here also further. I love the jar lights but I would suggest to do it as a string light (Wall Light/Hanging Light) as Omorfi-Mera did an awesome CC Creator and I'm convinced it would fit awesomely the theme not only indoors but but it could be used also outdoors. It would give for real an awesome atmosphere. In grey and brown as seen minium ;)

11415_zps6ws9mvhm.jpg
    11316_zpstghq7hkc.jpg
    11515_zpsddubg8wx.jpg

For the laundry I would love to have such laundry buckets (in Simlish) Washmachine & Dryer I wish it wouldn't have a toploader but a port whole / bull's eye as seen below.
    878be036281acf8990c6071c30259bbd_zpsye5jaopx.jpg

As decoration my a wooden board for lost items which are pinned with a clothes peg. I can also imagine that the the laundry box is made out of wooden with linen both items can be seen below:

887_zps6terfqd4.jpg

Such shutter doors/ windows would be amazing (plz for all hights) I love also this oldfashion laundry shield it's amazing!
    shutter%20doors_zpsqglfh8zn.jpg

For Eco Living/Laundry in generall I would love to see this kind of stuff: Different laundry detergents, ironing board, flat iron, a clothing rack with hanging clothes:
    Leosims_zpsgqpjyk1w.jpg

I don't mind even if pipes are used as a kind of DIY-Lightings goes well along with the above suggested String Jar Lights in combination with wood, wires and vintage Lighting Bulbs (Thomas Alva Addison, yeah I love those they are amazing)
    industrial%20table%20light_zpsyuvsahjj.jpg

Smash that like/awesome button if you like my and Taz's suggestions ;)

LOVE all of this stuff.