Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post your cas/build/buy ideas for eco living here!

Comments

• 4l73rn471v44l73rn471v4 Posts: 3 New Member
    Bunk beds would certainly be a welcome addition to twins' rooms! And if solar panels or wind turbines are to be brought into the game, they should actually have an effect on your sims' bills (since the costs for electricity would be lower).
  • nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    @OneAdorkableGirl Such adorable pictures, I love the toddler items! I would be so thrilled if we had something similar to that in the game, they're just too cute! :D
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    For me (as an oldie) Eco means refurbishing old things (tires, crates, bottles, paper, can. and etc) into usable items (couches, pots, chairs, tables, decor, and etc). New inventive ways of having more plants in your homes, home gardens, and etc. Saving nature and being kind to mother nature. Less pollution, water usage, chopping down trees, and etc.

I would love to see some of this in Echo living.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Sky lights (that aren't built using clever cheats.... )
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    A lot of people have been expressing that there are already boho things. But maybe not enough, and there is a slight nuance to hippie/eco versus just boho. It seems inevitable, to me, than anything focused on eco-friendly issues would have *some* more hippie/earthy options included at least.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • KAZEINWONDERLANDKAZEINWONDERLAND Posts: 19 New Member
    A lot of people have been expressing that there are already boho things. But maybe not enough, and there is a slight nuance to hippie/eco versus just boho. It seems inevitable, to me, than anything focused on eco-friendly issues would have *some* more hippie/earthy options included at least.

On the other hand hippie boho eco is so cliche. Modern can be earthy and eco too. Earthy doesn't have to be shabby, rustic and retro. Modern doesn't have to be plastic, black and white. I'm one of those that have had enough of boho or anything similar or retro for now. All recent stuff packs were retro. I want avantgarde now.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    in term of new cas clothes since there already the boxer briefs for male sims teen male sims and sims kids would be nice to also have the choice to chose regular briefs like in the sims3 or boxers for simmers that went more choice with out having to rely on custom content for players that do not use custom content as an exemple using a screen shot from the sims3

2h3bq6q.jpg

has for rooms would love retro kitchen cabinets likje these for buy mode and the whole kitchen design as a full room

5pk8t5.jpg

with the same type of table and chairs in the picture
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Theme B goes well with the ideas in this thread. I hope it wins.

bb4de6c0-8446-4a91-a9ac-7966c711977e-990x556.jpg
  • mollyyysimsmollyyysims Posts: 1 New Member
    In my opinion these are the type of things I would love to see:

1) Kind of like the flea market that comes with the pack "City Living", but a farmers market. I've never really bothered getting my sims to grow fruit and veg as I don't feel there is any need really and it doesn't go for anything. Your sims would have an opportunity to grow their own fruit and veg to sell at the market or to go along and buy them.

2) Laundry. I think laundry is a great idea because ever since toddlers came out, I feel it really is a great parent task. It could include washing machines, drying machines, laundry baskets, irons and ironing boards but for the less wealthy there could be washing lines to hang outside, and pegs!

3) Treehouses! I love the idea of being able to have familys build their own treehouses and watch their children grow in their little den through the years. The treehouses would be super fun and a great garden piece too. To build them, the kids could help collect the wood and pile it up for the adults to build.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    yes please that would be my dream since they really make really simple geometric items its time ea head into more complicated textures and mesh like cc
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited April 2017
    nity01 wrote: »
    @OneAdorkableGirl Such adorable pictures, I love the toddler items! I would be so thrilled if we had something similar to that in the game, they're just too cute! :D

@nity01 Aw, thank you! I'm glad you liked them; and I know right?! D: They're SO cuuute. I would love something like that, but I'm just not sure what they will do being it a Stuff Pack. But maybe eventually we'll get a "toddler pack" of some kind to kind of make up for it, hehe. ♥
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    What about a compost heap for our garden? With this, we won't have to fish for fertilizer.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    Well it isn't that Beekeeping got shot down, but it's something that needs more time to work out with the buy objects and the CAS. Besides, I'm hoping for Beekeeping >.> with Seasons. That way they have a lot of time to work out any problems with the idea. ^.^; it's not like they haven't been toying around with some of these ideas either. I bet they have at some point. I kind of couldn't decide between the artwork >.> to be honest. I liked A and B. They can't do both though, so, I'll leave it to you guys on which way they go.

As far as clothes... There's one thing I have always wanted in CAS >.> that I doubt they will ever do, but it'd go good with an eco-theme. Shell and Glass Bead Jewelry.... I mean there are several options in those categories, but there's not a lot of natural options. Another thing I've always wanted in CAS are scarfs, but >.> I just like scarfs. That might be something they add in Seasons :smiley: As far as actual clothes, I'd be happy with a new pair of shorts that isn't super short and maybe a skirt or two. We have a bunch of tank tops and T-Shirts already as well as pants. There aren't as many options in skirts and shorts for either gender. Maybe a new hat would be nice too. We already have sandals for both genders. So, I dunno about shoes.

The Build and Buy objects interest me more than clothes :3 I'm really hoping for some new metal panel wall options and some eco-themed flooring. :relaxed: Maybe some gravity lights like the ones we have in real life. 0.0 those things are amazing they don't need power. It would be nice to get some new windows too. I have a feeling they are all going to be country-style, which is fine, but I keep crossing my fingers for more open windows and doors that aren't Tuscan-like. We had some Asian-style open windows in Sims 3, which would be awesome o.o in this stuff pack. They don't even need to make them Asian-style. I'd be happen with a framed round hole like a port hole. I use the open windows and archways in making porches and stuff like that sometimes. I also ^.^; made a few homes with all open windows to have an open-air feel. I'm also hoping for a few new fences and gates too... Maybe even a spiral staircase or a ladder :( been hoping for smaller staircases or a ladder for loft bedrooms for a while. Maybe in an EP Someday.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited April 2017
    If I were living a real eco lifestyle I wouldn't like jeans or any clothing with holes in. Think about the mosquitoes and ticks!

I'd like a proper larder though that works like a fridge but is not a fridge, to keep cakes and other food that shouldn't be kept in it like cakes, and potatoes etc. We could have enamel bread bins and earthenware butter dishes,potato storage pots, and "grow pots"
    I don't know that they would do Larder items, but we might finally get solar panels and possibly windmills. >.> Personally, I'd flip if they added composting and a seed storage bin, which would XD hold veggies and stuff we don't want to be made into food right away.
  • Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    Bunk beds would certainly be a welcome addition to twins' rooms! And if solar panels or wind turbines are to be brought into the game, they should actually have an effect on your sims' bills (since the costs for electricity would be lower).

Exactly what I was going to say. Solar panels, wind turbines, more efficient equipment (e.g. dual flush toilet) or upgrades to existing items (e.g. upgrade to eco shower head) should all save money on bills.

And bunk beds would be awesome.
  • nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    nity01 wrote: »

@nity01 Aw, thank you! I'm glad you liked them; and I know right?! D: They're SO cuuute. I would love something like that, but I'm just not sure what they will do being it a Stuff Pack. But maybe eventually we'll get a "toddler pack" of some kind to kind of make up for it, hehe. ♥

You're welcome :) Yes, I hope so! I'd love to have a toddler pack! We might get some more toddler things for the upcoming family game pack though, which is much needed. Fingers crossed! :smiley:
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    The dev's have been good at including some items for kids but since we're going to be able to vote on what we want this time I just want to make sure they remember to make some concept designs for kids. Would hate to see all those amazing clothing designs and not a single one was for kids.
    product-image_1e74f797-74d9-462c-a75c-85c6ecf339fc.jpg?v=1465149387
    6b2b23819d2bcac9dfb7d1377ca46561.jpg
    0f824859469bf0b6ce33e29649025c2f.jpg
    8cf249534c9e4b5a2881a02906cc2bff.jpg
    23a5b9a36f26122a98a8e996d31f2529.jpg
    e80a811ac55db9d432b433ab69938623.jpg
    53d5b9b5acb5204e29b120013624486a.jpg
    baa22724009724517eca791711613588.jpg
    e55bfdf95a3d54c54c917f0bb6a29ace.jpg
    1034e1367dd1d04dd57e1c0beddfe32b.jpg
    Really hard to find pictures of kids clothing that makes kids look like kids and not mini adults.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited April 2017
    @SimGuruKimmi made a similar thread for the concept artists to look at here if you'd like to repost there:

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916207/stuff-pack-references-for-concept-artists#latest

She's looking for pictures as reference points that work in the style of the winner, Option B. No new gameplay items, please. Just mimics of stuff we already have.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    For me Eco living means using less electricity, upcycling items for decor and furniture, using natural materials everywhere, plants, more plants and herbs lots of herbs that can fit on shelves indoor and out. We need decorations that actually fit on the shelves (colored glass, plants, jars, plates just stuff that fits for clutter). We need a wall hanging of rocks so we can make cave walls with texture poking out (I don't know how to word it) But something that could help us build a rock base on a wall to look like a mountain??? Ugh I can't word what I am thinking of with that. I would also like some terrain paints with nifty path designs and maybe a window or wall piece made with recycled bottles. Hanging macrame with and without plants some for wall, door, windows also. Natural woods and soapstone for cabinets and counters, a free standing shower without a surround so we can design the surround and tile. Small and I'm talking a bit smaller than the landscaping decor rocks as fencing so we don't have to use so many rocks to place borders oh and more rock sizes and styles would be nice. More matching colors for decor items, sometime we would like to mix and match items but the colors don't always mesh. Stand alone hammock can be made out of a single bed or a couch. Hanging basket chair. Wicker wicker and more wicker and I'm not talking just about your granny's style wicker either although some of that would be nice also. New sink styles made out of recycled materials or even some bohemian and industrial stuff would go well. I also like everything I see in the picture you guys posted and hope you add it all! Ok so my list could go on for days of what I would like to see in this pack and future packs...

Solar panels are great for being an Eco Sim and so are windmills.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT33FOIJBvBzbwzmVZhMb3gxzWDbqnNbQEqxUsUQVgqmsWhXK5N
    3dbc634df3baa5316c09eebf525371f8.jpg

Being an Eco Sim may also mean upcycling items to make furniture or decorations. Who thinks of using old books to make an awesome chair and hello pallets can make so many things!
    pallet-furniture-ideas-easy-diy-upcycled-decorated-lounge-colorful-cushion.jpg

8be913479a1e6ef332dfe29cae35401b.jpg

95c06cd1042034ce35e4509302e3f66b.jpg

I mean come on look at this upcycled sink, it's freaking awesome!
    big-tub-sink.jpg

Just an awesome idea for a tub and kinda liked the different idea for the painted wood flooring.
    2312bfdcd31dee49632e34a59703e875.jpg

Gotta have rain barrels or just barrels period.
    rain-barrel-1.jpg

Macrame! An Eco Sim would like macrama for hanging plants, wall decorations, door hangings and curtains. Maybe they want to hang their fruit in a macrame basket or sit in a hanging macrame chair or lay in a macrame hammock.
    Macrame-Eye-Candy-designrulz-9.jpg

7487694260f20a76ef1ed856e55f70b0.jpg

38384299d6f990c7de6cdc5bacd08c62.jpg

e28686bdc669b47ea6d7621e6aa1e34b.jpg

b776b3174bd1a94c542b66c148d0d498.jpg
    Different types of hammocks can be made with a couch, loveseat or single bed mesh, a macrame one would be awesome or canvas with plain colors.
    $_32.JPG

Indoor herbs, they can be just decoration but they sure would be nice to have on shelves in the kitchen or hanging on the wall in mason jars or some kind of cool upcycled pallet wall garden or even a bottle wall garden.
    1.jpg

a15.jpg

So I mentioned a cave wall or some kind of hanging wall decoration to make a fake mountain so we don't have to use so many rocks... Just an idea that I know a lot of Simmers would like to have.
    5A7_CaveWallTemplate1_cis.jpg

Did someone say rock border for their flower beds? Who was that, raise their hand please? Oh me shoot but I know I'm not the only one out there that would love to have this besides their eco friendly Sims.
    fbd9204fd9525f885585e6881e14d493.jpg

I know my Eco friendly sims would like new terrain paints that reuse things like wood disks and river rocks making designs.
    16f83e41a9d753418040ee0eefb405a1.jpg

wood-patio-deck-design-idea.jpg

Glass clutter, can clutter clutter clutter that is being upcycled in some way and hopefully it can all fit on shelves.
    recycled-glass-bottle-vases-m.jpg

And the wall surrounding this window is Awesome, we could use upcycled bottles for something like this.
    7b342f53462aab05c350a8b916a56ee1.jpg

Natural wood cabinetry, something without shine as I don't see my Eco Sims using toxic shiny stuff on their cabinets.
    a141513c0ed437bd_1364-w500-h400-b0-p0--contemporary-kitchen.jpg

Cabinets with glass and more natural wood all the cabinets and counters need all matching colors so we can mix and match them also please.
    7462b27aaf7c5a2e66cf94f9f3160032.jpg

Natural soapstone counter tops and concrete counter tops should also be added to all counters to mix and match please.
    Soapstone-Counters.jpg

Free standing showers heads with floor drain without glass or tile so we can't build our own surrounds please.
    Outdoor-Shower-Company-ps-900-pcv.jpg

Wicker, grass and more wicker and grass and not just grandma's wicker but we could use some of that also...
    wicker_furniture-42805.jpg

manutti-orlando-sunbed.jpg

931cd11470a44924e00056ab8f6148d3--city-furniture-wicker-furniture.jpg

5d33caa75ce8db8120e417638ffceaae.jpg

Wicker-furniture-for-added-style.jpg

PAPASAN CHAIRS!!! OMG YES! YES! AND SO MUCH MORE YES!
    hqdefault.jpg

This industrial table can go along with upcycled furnishings.
    Industrial-Coffee-Table-Cart-Hyatt-industrial-coffee-table-diy.jpg

I love everything about this bedroom from the walls, bed, room separator, chair, lamps, side table, clutter, yep everything.
    Industrial-Style-Bedroom-Furniture-Vintage-industrial-furniture-designs-revive-bedroom-spaces-1024x602.jpg

Boho goodies speak to me of being Eco also, these rooms and all their clutter, furnishings and style I love also. It can also be a form of upcycling...
    d721f4a5ec9a64eb3514ab4c02853dc0.jpg

58954c65c4f995e56df72f9b33d8e83b.jpg

Bedrooms-Letter-board-and-Bohemian-decor-1.jpg
    Post edited by MeaganJo on
    The Windows you posted are European-like, which is what I was hoping for. XD I doubt we'll get them though >.>; I think everything will be Country-style more than likely with thick trims and distressed wood. I'm taking ideas on where to put a farm *Sigh*, if I do a country layout. I only have Sims 4, Get to work, City Living, Vampires, Dine Out, and Movie Hang Out. I don't really have many of the packs yet. Since there aren't any 60x60 lots it would have to be at least a 40x40 lot or a 50x50. >.>; Not sure where to put one. At any rate, maybe we will at least get some new functional stuff on top of whatever they have in mind with style B.
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I love this thread. (: I have a few things that I searched through google with; I apologize if I post something that's already been posted. I tried to go through the pages to see, and I don't think I have something that someone else posted. But here it goes. :)

I am not sure how much stuff will actually go into this pack since it is a stuff pack; but I'm hopeful that at least some of these decor get into it and/or plants, if nothing else.

However, I did find some SUPER cute things for toddlers that I would love to have.
    How cute are these? And your toddler can take it a part and rebuild it.
    33552118270_42c5bbf499_b.jpg
    33552119160_19570f158c_z.jpg

33552119010_495a240bae_c.jpg

33552119920_2920fefd0d.jpg

33552118350_e5e0f6d0f3_z.jpg

33552119390_2d62207ca3_z.jpg

Decor:
    Jars - I would absolutely love some of these hanging jars; with little pebbles, flowers, and candles inside.
    33552118670_91ca037236_z.jpg

33552118200_c0b043421b.jpg

33552118410_def3df9752_z.jpg

33552119220_1dfcdd74e0_z.jpg

33552119440_0060d4a2fd.jpg

33552119630_e640621e79.jpg

33552119700_ba77544790_z.jpg

33896609236_df560b8e53.jpg

33896609366_d80d372ced_z.jpg

33937563545_52c67d33ea.jpg

33807437831_682d93d3dc_z.jpg

33896504646_6daac58d81_z.jpg

Lol, soo cute, I love all those *-*
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Crazymango123Crazymango123 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think a vintage boho withot bright colours would be nice
  • Crazymango123Crazymango123 Posts: 3 New Member
    Flower crowns for women and some messy hair too, maybe a crop top and a lace chocker, for men messy hair and some boots too
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited April 2017
    Besides dresses with flower prints/designs, t-shirts and tanktops with flower prints/designs would also be nice to have.
    Maybe birds, butterflies and insects also?

Post edited by Sassie on
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).