Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Come There Is No Stuff Pack Idea That Includes Cars?

*scratches head*

Anyone else wonder this?

Comments

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2017
    Because cars are a major gameplay feature that would require tons of work. Cars would definitely be out of the scope of a SP. if they come at all it will be in an EP or GP.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    ^^^ Agreed. That would be at least a GP if we wanted them done right.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Because cars are a major gameplay feature that would require tons of work. Cars would definitely be out of the scope of a SP. if they come at all it will be in an EP or GP.

Wasn't there a Stuff Pack in TS3 that included new cars?
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Yes, but cars were already a part of the game. They weren't creating the mechanics... that was already there.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

But basic car functionality was in TS3 base game. We don't have cars in TS4, so it's a completely different situation. In TS3 you they just needed to expand upon a base game feature. In Ts4 they need to develop this feature first.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member

Yes, but cars were already a base game feature. They just added new models. We don't have cars in TS4 yet, so they would need to add animations, routing, etc. which I think is too big for a SP.
    I'm just tired of seeing fake garages when I try to download a house lol. I need them to work with meeeeeee
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2017
    seems kinda pointless when you can throw a stone in any direction and hit the end of a map. public transportation i can picture, it would atleast give a feel of longer travel time. getting in a car and then just waiting for a loading screen just doesnt feel right to me. makes me wanna say 🐸🐸🐸🐸, maybe you need to consider getting a new car, that thing is way too slow. lol
    edited April 2017
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    seems kinda pointless when you can throw a stone in any direction and hit the end of a map. public transportation i can picture, it would atleast give a feel of longer travel time. getting in a car and then just waiting for a loading screen just doesnt feel right to me. makes me wanna say plum, maybe you need to consider getting a new car, that thing is way too slow. lol

I hear you lol. But I think they'd be cool to have, even if we don't drive. Even if it's like TS2 days and we just click on the car and press travel and we disappear off the lot.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hmm? I do see cars driving around the neighborhoods all the time in Sims 4. There are cars just not drivable by us. Did you never notice that cars actually do drive around? I think I saw them in city living neighborhood.
  • ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Hmm? I do see cars driving around the neighborhoods all the time in Sims 4. There are cars just not drivable by us. Did you never notice that cars actually do drive around? I think I saw them in city living neighborhood.

They are FX cars and not actual playable modes of transportation. I forget which guru it was, but I do know that one of them said that we would never see new transportation in a stuff pack. It would have to come in a larger pack.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I really would like cars. It's one of my most wanted features. But I think it would be too much work for a stuff pack as it would need a lot of animations.
  • swiirl73swiirl73 Posts: 73 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    seems kinda pointless when you can throw a stone in any direction and hit the end of a map. public transportation i can picture, it would atleast give a feel of longer travel time. getting in a car and then just waiting for a loading screen just doesnt feel right to me. makes me wanna say plum, maybe you need to consider getting a new car, that thing is way too slow. lol

I hear you lol. But I think they'd be cool to have, even if we don't drive. Even if it's like TS2 days and we just click on the car and press travel and we disappear off the lot.

I agree! It could be like it was in Sims2 :):) We don't have to drive around like in Sims3 now do we, as long as there can be cars and garages on the lot. As mentioned cars drive around for show in Sims 4 already. So the only thing missing is the possibility to have them on our lots. Go sit in them, maybe do some work with them or even make out in them :)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited April 2017
    @SimGuruGraham said that cars would never appear in a stuff pack: