Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please no more wedding stuff :/

I get that it's a major part of the game but seriously? A whole stuff pack devoted to it?

We already have multi cultural maxi dresses from City Living, an array of wedding arches throughout the packs and a countless number of party items. I don't see what else could be added? They really are milking this just for an event that's over in a couple of sim hours, but that's just my opinion :)
⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
Sims lost:7

Comments

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I agree. In my opinion we already have more than enough content to throw great weddings. And CC can do the rest for me. Bachelor(ette) parties (which would be the only potential feature in such pack that I'd be interested in) could just be added in other future releases (e.g. They were added in Late Night in TS3).
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Totally agree! I just think with all this other amazing content on offer, having wedding stuff would be a bit of a waste.
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I get that it's a major part of the game but seriously? A whole stuff pack devoted to it?

We already have multi cultural maxi dresses from City Living, an array of wedding arches throughout the packs and a countless number of party items. I don't see what else could be added? They really are milking this just for an event that's over in a couple of sim hours, but that's just my opinion :)

I disagree. Wedding stuff is lacking. Not even to no veils.
    I agree. In my opinion we already have more than enough content to throw great weddings. And CC can do the rest for me. Bachelor(ette) parties (which would be the only potential feature in such pack that I'd be interested in) could just be added in other future releases (e.g. They were added in Late Night in TS3).

Where are wedding veils then?
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

The Sims Resource
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

edited April 2017

I have Cc wedding veils for free. I know not everyone uses CC but I do and for me that's enough. I'd rather SP focused on stuff I couldn't get as CC.

ca2dae25005a6f5e5c574181762403a5.jpg

I have Cc wedding veils for free. I know not everyone uses CC but I do and for me that's enough. I'd rather SP focused on stuff I couldn't get as CC.

ca2dae25005a6f5e5c574181762403a5.jpg

I have that cc! Aha it's actually really nice :) and yeah I'd rather the SP focus on gameplay like funerals, something that cannot really be modded

Simmer since 2009

The Sims Resource

I don't use cc though.

The Sims Resource

I don't use cc though.

Aw that sucks. :/ The majority of people do, however, so to maximise the audience I think EA should focus on more gameplay and generations based SP :)

Simmer since 2009
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

The Sims Resource

I don't use cc though.

Unfortunately, many of us do. So we're not going to be as stoked for Maxis to make what we already have. Sorry :(
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I respect your opinion but I disagree just like I stated in the other posts we don't have veils @catloverplayer put, we don't have options of a wedding cake like we did in Sims 2, the bride can't dance with our father, we can't do a toast to the new couple, Sims 3 we asked for the parents blessings before proposing, had a bachelor or bachelorette party. It's not the wedding it's but the interaction within the wedding.
    And now different wedding cultures I'd loved that.
    And like you said Pixelsimmer CC works great for you but not for everyone.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I respect your opinion but I disagree just like I stated in the other posts we don't have veils @catloverplayer put, we don't have options of a wedding cake like we did in Sims 2, the bride can't dance with our father, we can't do a toast to the new couple, Sims 3 we asked for the parents blessings before proposing, had a bachelor or bachelorette party. It's not the wedding it's but the interaction within the wedding.

There is a wedding cake :)

Simmer since 2009
    Yeah I do see where you're coming from though. I guess they could add that in a patch though, as I wouldn't really be willing to pay for some basic actions that would only be used for a couple of sim hours. Just my opinion though :)

Simmer since 2009
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Options on the wedding cake I find this particular wedding cake boring.

Options on the wedding cake I find this particular wedding cake boring.

Ooh okay! For me I find it's substantial, but I do prefer more generation style gaming and less detail within smaller events :)

Simmer since 2009
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I also, am kinda over the wedding theme. This was last on my list.

I am sure if they did make something it would be nice though.
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I also, am kinda over the wedding theme. This was last on my list.

I am sure if they did make something it would be nice though.

Yeah I have no doubt about that, EA always manage to pull through! I just think the others have more potential :)

Simmer since 2009

I'd like all those features you mention but I don't think they would really make it into a SP (e.g. Just the slow dancing animation would probably eat up the budget). It seems to me most of those are gameplay features that would come in a GP or even a generations EP.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yep. I've had maybe 3 weddings in my Sims 4 career. Don't think new gowns and arches and interactions will make me want to have a wedding.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It's not my pick either (as I'd honestly just rather elope) but I'm glad it's there as an option. It was #5 on my list. *shrugs*
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member

There are several cakes and any of them can be used as a wedding cake: white, strawberry, blue, chocolate, zombie, hamburger and black and white cake. Toast is possible, although a little difficult to get working. I want slow dancing too, but I doubt it would come in a stuff pack.

I didn't place wedding stuff last on my list though, because it would probably be pretty stuff and who knows what the gameplay objects would be (also because I would have even less use for arcade stuff). Overall I feel I can arrange nice weddings with the content already in game.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Whilst I feel like we need things like veils this is my least wanted pack out of the lot. If id did get voted in though i'd love to see veils, bachelor parties etc. Make it more than just the wedding. Saying that the cultural side is a huge pull for me. It would be great to see other cultures able to celebrate in their own ways.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Honestly, from the five themes, wedding seems to be the least interesting to me. Maybe they could be improved instead in a Generations EP.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    Funny I voted it as being the most wanted thing for myself. Quite frankly the only thing that interested me more than more wedding stuff (which I've been begging for ever since TS2 was released) is the dangerous lives SP they mentioned. Even then I don't care about it that much since I already have a mod that adds functional funerals to my game. The only thing I'd want to see that add is more random deaths and the return of inheritance money.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Agreed. I love weddings, but this was my least favorite idea for a new pack. I just don't see what exciting new idea they would bring to the weddings we already have, and nothing they listed in the blurb sounded very exciting. We have plenty of venues, and can build our own. We have lots of clothing, and can download more. We have plenty of furniture and decor, and can download more. They just gave us wedding fireworks. So I really don't see the need.

Now, if the topic was adventure honeymoons(!!!), I might be on board. But that wasn't what the survey offered.