Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    @Schweppes Nice job on the house! Love it♥

Generation 10(Blue) Has been born. There are two girls first was Amrin who just aged into a teen and second is Bonnie Blue still a child. Ireland gen 9(green) has completed everything but having five enemies. She has aged into an adult and her and the father of her children who she has been with since high school have decided to go their separate ways due to some mods I installed and found out that they actually aren't compatible lol.

Here is Amrin(gen10)
    ZVyQYZ1.png?1

Here is Bonnie Blue(gen10)
    0OcgjUB.png

Happy simming everyone! I hope to hear about everybody's progress.
    It's all in the wrist
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    I keep wanting to do this, yet really struggle with staying with a family after a generation or two. I have tried to do this challenge a few times and tried to interchange other careers/goals that still fit the color, but incorporate all the newer stuff. But I just can't stick with it >.<

@easypeaze your final sims came out quite beautiful though! I have quite enjoyed watching everyone's progress through here hoping to try and give it a shot lol
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

@WinterKhirin thank you and it has been a struggle with this challenge. It has taken years to get through and I still am not quite done. Fingers crossed for a smooth ending across the finish line. This is my third restart. It's still hard to talk about the fire of 2018 that took my first Minty.

I recently had a look at the family tree and had forgotten that Caleb Vatore is part of the bloodline. My orange generation was fathered by a son of Caleb's(Winston Benali)I had the plum gen cure Winston so he is rip with Violet his love. Caleb would be my blue generations great great great great grandfather. He is President too lol.
    It's all in the wrist
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @swcheppes - i love the wrap around porch!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Here is for when your Mint generation has become more established and is a big time scientist ;)

Gallery name: Updated Mint House
    Created by: Swcheppes

f0jlBuA.png

133fe5Ym.pngZrRISSHm.png

GJWtE3hm.pngZzzwwE1m.pngnNCvpmxm.png

snFYpaLm.pngcxhc0g3m.pngiEcBKmim.png

Y6P84UIm.pngvr8XF43m.png

wlubOf8m.pngcHx2hbTm.pngOiZKunkm.png

6zakA5hm.png8wkX4q2m.png

oN0nxUym.pngWkPCkLzm.pngGaRb9pTm.png

suRdkSd.jpg
    @schweppes The updated version looks fantastic!
    It's all in the wrist
  • Ariel_DraculaAriel_Dracula Posts: 9 New Member
    This one is on my ever growing list of challenges I want to do.
  • unkownunkown Posts: 2 New Member
    Can rose gen marry a single dad? I know she can only have one child, but can she marry someone that already has a child?
  • MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    > @unkown said:
    > Can rose gen marry a single dad? I know she can only have one child, but can she marry someone that already has a child?

The rose gen is too busy working to get married properly until he/she is an elder so this might affect your decision. They call off a wedding earlier in their life however, so it depends how you want to do it. Personally I have this gen get pregnant early on in their life by accident, then they feel like they ought to marry the father, but ultimately don't go through the ceremony (leave someone at the altar as per the rules for the gen), you can then decide whether they get married to that person or someone else later in life. Bear in mind that the heir for this gen (yellow) gets to be really close with her grandparents (mint gen) so this is why I have the Yellow heir early on as it makes this a little easier.
  • unkownunkown Posts: 2 New Member
    > @MrsSteepdene said:
    > > @unkown said:
    > > Can rose gen marry a single dad? I know she can only have one child, but can she marry someone that already has a child?
    >
    > The rose gen is too busy working to get married properly until he/she is an elder so this might affect your decision. They call off a wedding earlier in their life however, so it depends how you want to do it. Personally I have this gen get pregnant early on in their life by accident, then they feel like they ought to marry the father, but ultimately don't go through the ceremony (leave someone at the altar as per the rules for the gen), you can then decide whether they get married to that person or someone else later in life. Bear in mind that the heir for this gen (yellow) gets to be really close with her grandparents (mint gen) so this is why I have the Yellow heir early on as it makes this a little easier.

So, does this means that she is or isn't allowed to marry the single dad as a single mom? Because his kid is technically not her kid.
    Here is a starter home for Rose generation. It's small but perfectly cozy!

Gallery name: Not So Berry Rose

dRplWA6.png
    2oCFwtM.png

Jg7cNBLm.pngsEGVQcom.png

B8QwL9Zm.pngbej8sTjm.png

9uZSaXxm.png

Pqwefjgm.pngHUKMVhJm.pngr7kRnOOm.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    > @unkown said:
    > > @MrsSteepdene said:
    > > > @unkown said:
    > > > Can rose gen marry a single dad? I know she can only have one child, but can she marry someone that already has a child?
    > >
    > > The rose gen is too busy working to get married properly until he/she is an elder so this might affect your decision. They call off a wedding earlier in their life however, so it depends how you want to do it. Personally I have this gen get pregnant early on in their life by accident, then they feel like they ought to marry the father, but ultimately don't go through the ceremony (leave someone at the altar as per the rules for the gen), you can then decide whether they get married to that person or someone else later in life. Bear in mind that the heir for this gen (yellow) gets to be really close with her grandparents (mint gen) so this is why I have the Yellow heir early on as it makes this a little easier.
    >
    >
    > So, does this means that she is or isn't allowed to marry the single dad as a single mom? Because his kid is technically not her kid.

It's up to you and how you feel about bending the rules. Don't forget she can't marry properly until she's an elder if you are following the rules strictly.

I have completed the green gen yay! She is now married to Darsh and they have a little girl named Afina.

Ireland and Darsh
    tOjgn9j.png

I am now working on the blue gen. Amrin and her high school sweetheart Eric are married. She has had her secret affair with Gerardo. She has been putting all her energy towards becoming the perfect wife and mother to their son Finn. So far she has completed the photography skill and cooking skill. She is in the food critic side of the career and will be a level 5 shortly. Here are some pics.

Amrin&Eric
    mY5rffS.png

Amrin&Gerardo
    46t5j0u.png

Finn&Clover
    Wr2gSUV.png

Love the house @schweppes. Have you thought about making some for the extended version of the challenge? I am thinking I want to continue with Finn who will be the white gen. Happy simming everybody and can't wait to hear about your progress with the challenge.
    It's all in the wrist
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    edited October 2021
    @easypeaze I am really going to give this a decent try and see if I can stick with it. I love seeing everyone else's progress and sims through the generations <3
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

which pack has the politician career cause I don't think I have that. What should Rose gen do instead?
    @WinterKhirin I really hope you do. This is the first time I have ever had a ten generation family and I am seriously thinking about continuing with Mcsimmy's extended version of the challenge.

@Ariel_Dracula I believe it came with City Living. You can try using the base game version for your Rose gen it is called ts4notsoberry.
    It's all in the wrist
    your starting sim be occult?
    @Ariel_Dracula There is no rule that says your starting sim can't be of the occult. So I would say yes, your starting sim can be an occult sim.
    It's all in the wrist
    Here is a for when your Rose Generation is making that political money. It's all legal no shady politicians here ;)

Gallery name: Not So Berry Rose Furnish

5ykZ0cdh.png

sEyekQVm.png11EvVP2m.png
    Gi8sqSSm.pngEQDoguPm.pngQAkiwWdm.png

zwkrlf1m.png52VBN6em.pngumkMgb1m.png
    bo7Hq5Jm.pngm55Nu6hm.png
    ILjskKUm.pngjxwSnLjm.png

gXYiNDTm.pngbNJG4DMm.pngW7oSjjZm.png

zJIfOgGm.pngeTGKLvJm.pngWScdBfSm.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • LionsPlaySimsLionsPlaySims Posts: 5 New Member
    > @easypeaze said:
    > @LionsPlaySims I have never heard or seen a generational play through done that way. I really feel this challenge was to get people to play in ways that they might not normally play. I think your idea falls perfectly in line with what the creators of the challenge had in mind. I really like your idea and wish I could have played my pink generation that way. I got fraternal twins in that generation. I haven't had any since.

yea that was a unique gameplay. I also kept it more realistic according to certain real life cultures and had the rose gen family stay at different rich people's houses and moved into a replica of the white house when the male heir reached the top of is career. It was definitely a huge step out of my normal playstyle to have a guy go around ask for bribes and a woman go around town soliciting donations and flirting up a storm. and constant social events.

Yellow gen was hella relieved to move out. ended up letting Yellow's mom live out her natural life as just living with Rose gen heirs is stressful enough for this loner.

oh and my yellow heir also came with a twin sister so I gave her a very different spin. Made her a goofy and carefree artist and moved her up the painter career as much as I could before I eventually moved her away from her brother.

My yellow gen's first kids are also fraternal twins and I swear I didn't cheat any of them. Thinking of having them each take a different sciency career and introducing Gray gen later when yellow is older.
    question for you all how do I move a sim far far away with limited contact for a time? like move them so they can't really visit much
    thinking of sending my yellow gen on a long term space mission so that my gray heir hardly ever sees his workaholic dad
    or simulate the conditions of moving to another country

my mods: mccc, slice of life, better schools

or should I get a mod to send gray heir to boarding school?
  • princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    question for you all how do I move a sim far far away with limited contact for a time? like move them so they can't really visit much
    thinking of sending my yellow gen on a long term space mission so that my gray heir hardly ever sees his workaholic dad
    or simulate the conditions of moving to another country

my mods: mccc, slice of life, better schools

or should I get a mod to send gray heir to boarding school?

I'm not sure how well this would work, but maybe you could remove dad from the world and have him flagged to not cull? If grey gen still lives with yellow gen, maybe build dad a little basement with everything he needs to survive and no stairs so he's mostly out of your hair but you can make sure he's not getting up to any sneaky mccc stuff?
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    For anyone having the glitch where you can't interact with the rocket platforms, you can use the NAP tech support and visiting sims will start the rocket for you.

You can either wait for the inspector or build a fence around the rocket and trap someone inside and they'll start it for fun and then you can continue building from there.
    > @princess2109 said:
    > I'm not sure how well this would work, but maybe you could remove dad from the world and have him flagged to not cull? If grey gen still lives with yellow gen, maybe build dad a little basement with everything he needs to survive and no stairs so he's mostly out of your hair but you can make sure he's not getting up to any sneaky mccc stuff?

grey not born yet so just planning how yellow would be alive but not around much

i'm thinking first choice is to leave yellow on sixam, have an accident find his wife, then send gray to boarding school by building a household w 7 kids and 1 teacher
  • SynnamintwistSynnamintwist Posts: 9 New Member
    > @easypeaze said:
    > I have completed the green gen yay! She is now married to Darsh and they have a little girl named Afina.
    >
    > Ireland and Darsh
    >
    >
    >
    > I am now working on the blue gen. Amrin and her high school sweetheart Eric are married. She has had her secret affair with Gerardo. She has been putting all her energy towards becoming the perfect wife and mother to their son Finn. So far she has completed the photography skill and cooking skill. She is in the food critic side of the career and will be a level 5 shortly. Here are some pics.
    >
    > Amrin&Eric
    >
    >
    > Amrin&Gerardo
    >
    >
    >
    > Finn&Clover
    >
    >
    > Love the house @schweppes. Have you thought about making some for the extended version of the challenge? I am thinking I want to continue with Finn who will be the white gen. Happy simming everybody and can't wait to hear about your progress with the challenge.

I am working on my green gen. Clover is a child still but since I have the first love mod she has already met the love of her life. I am worried about the blue gen because I have never had my Sims have an affair before! I plan to continue on to the extended when I am done. I would post a photo of Clover and her bestie but I don't know how to post photos on here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top