Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Hi,

This is such a massive thread, so apologies if this has been discussed before.

I’ve been playing around with marriage/pregnancy settings and have the following setup:

Bypass played households for marriage
    Enable played households for pregnancy

Now, despite having played households switched off for marriage, they still get married to townies if I have the pregnancy setting to include played households. If I switch off pregnancy, played sims won’t get married to townies.

What’s going on here?

You might come over to our MCCC Discord, were it's easier to discuss the issue. Use this link to join: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • juliekayejuliekaye Posts: 108 Member
    Is there anything in this mod that would cause the household names to change? It's usually the family last name but I've changed a few of mine in the Manage Household screen to be more descriptive (I have many households who have same last name). It never stays - after an hour or so of playing, the name I edited it to reverts back to what it was prior to me changing it.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @juliekaye do you have MCCC set so that sims take on their spouse’s surname? That will also change the surnames of step children from prior relationships.
    juliekaye wrote: »
    Is there anything in this mod that would cause the household names to change? It's usually the family last name but I've changed a few of mine in the Manage Household screen to be more descriptive (I have many households who have same last name). It never stays - after an hour or so of playing, the name I edited it to reverts back to what it was prior to me changing it.

As @MaggieMarley already said, in MCCC there is only one function available wich is changing names.
    Check whether Computer:MCCC > MC Cleaner > Sim Cleaner > Sync Married Names is enabled.

That option will sync-up married sims' last names, including the active lot. If MC Pregnancy is not deployed, it uses pretty simple logic right now, male last name taken in case of male/female couples and random last name used if both are the same sex. Otherwise, it will use the MC Marriage settings for determining last name. The household will be named to the new name if it was the other sim's name previously.
    @juliekaye do you have MCCC set so that sims take on their spouse’s surname? That will also change the surnames of step children from prior relationships.

I thought I had turned that off (before I had a setting that would change it to the male last name which I turned off) but I just went in and looked through it all again and I still had sync last names enabled. I'm hoping that's the culprit. Are there any other places I would need to change?
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

I thought I had turned that off (before I had a setting that would change it to the male last name which I turned off) but I just went in and looked through it all again and I still had sync last names enabled. I'm hoping that's the culprit. Are there any other places I would need to change?

I don't think there are any other places. @Bonxie is the expert though. I had the same problem a while back and disabling the sync last names setting fixed it for me.
    I don't think there are any other places. @Bonxie is the expert though. I had the same problem a while back and disabling the sync last names setting fixed it for me.

Thank you!! I'm hoping this fixes it for me as well.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    As @MaggieMarley already said, in MCCC there is only one function available wich is changing names.
    Check whether Computer:MCCC > MC Cleaner > Sim Cleaner > Sync Married Names is enabled.

That option will sync-up married sims' last names, including the active lot. If MC Pregnancy is not deployed, it uses pretty simple logic right now, male last name taken in case of male/female couples and random last name used if both are the same sex. Otherwise, it will use the MC Marriage settings for determining last name. The household will be named to the new name if it was the other sim's name previously.

Thank you! Somehow I missed your reply earlier. I've got that now disabled so I'm hoping the names stop changing. I liked that it changed the last names for the sims themselves but I don't want my household names touched so I'll have to occasionally go through and just manually update last names.

Thank you both for your help!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,499 Member

I don't know about the mod having anything to do with this, but if you have multiple households with the same surname, you may want to differentiate a tad by adding the first initial of the head of household. I, too, have a few households sharing the same surname. One is Sevier, the next one is J. Sevier, meaning his eldest son. In my Cantrell save, I did something similar. Cantrell, and E. Cantrell, for Erik once he moved out on his own. His eldest brother is A. Cantrell. The game may be confounded by the same names, like a computer won't save a file by the very same name to one's desktop without wanting to merge it. Just a guess. But, that's been my experience.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited February 2020
    Thank you! Somehow I missed your reply earlier. I've got that now disabled so I'm hoping the names stop changing. I liked that it changed the last names for the sims themselves but I don't want my household names touched so I'll have to occasionally go through and just manually update last names.

Thank you both for your help!

Check also these two settings,
    Computer:MCCC > MC Cleaner > Neighborhood Cleaner > Sync Household Names - should be deactivated by default
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Sync Child Surname - also deactivated by default

Usually almost nobody changes those settings and because of beeing deactivated when installing the mod, almost nobody knows that they exsist. Even I forgot them :smile: So I have to correct my statement: there are three possibilities to sync names in MCCC.

Sync Household Names
    If this option is set, cleaner will occasionally rename households to match the last names of Sims living within them.

Sync Child Surname
    If enabled, when a child is adopted through MC Pregnancy or their parent marries another Sims through the random marriage process, their last name will be synced with the parents. There are some rules to this: 1) If it's an adoption and the 'Rename Non-Active Adoptions' setting is used and is valid for the child, then automatic renaming won't happen as the player has chosen to use manual renaming instead. Also, both parents have to already have the same surname or no rename will occur. 2) If it's a marriage, the renaming only happens if: the parents move into the same household as a result of the marriage and the child lives in the same household, and the parents both end-up with the same last name based on MC Marriage last name rules.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

did you move anyone ? when you move households by swapping sims the house will have the name of the former residents unless you edit the name.
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Didn't this mod have the option to disable emotional deaths? I swear I've seen that before, but I don't know if it has been removed or something.

look where it says tuner.
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Didn't this mod have the option to disable emotional deaths? I swear I've seen that before, but I don't know if it has been removed or something.

Computer:MCCC > MC Tuner > Change Interaction Behavior > Allow Emotional Deaths
    If disabled, it turns-off any death that is a result of an emotion getting too extreme (Playful, Angry or embarrassed).
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited February 2020
    With the new MC there's is suppose to be able to telport other sims to your sim (and yes I do have it enabled) and yet one of the options is suppose to be through Sim Commands via relationship command- but yet Sim Commands option isn't avaible on relationship panel sims (and yes I do have everything telport related, including showing sim menu)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I've been experiencing trouble with setting the baby's age duration. I set it to 10, but when a baby is born, the game just shows the regular 3 days until her birthday. Is this a bug?
    MadameLee wrote: »
    With the new MC there's is suppose to be able to telport other sims to your sim (and yes I do have it enabled) and yet one of the options is suppose to be through Sim Commands via relationship command- but yet Sim Commands option isn't avaible on relationship panel sims (and yes I do have everything telport related, including showing sim menu)

Teleportfunctions can be found at the new teleport section in the sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim:MCCC > Sim Commands > Teleport Functions

From the relationship panel (I suppose that's what you mean) there is only a conditional teleport option "Teleport Active Sim to World Sim". That means your played sim will be teleported to the home lot of the sim chosen from the relationship panel. Condition is, that the chosen sim is not homeless but have a home lot. If the chosen sim is homeless, the the teleport option will not show up for that sim.

That's due to the teleport function rearrangement in version 7.0.0. Change log says:
    "This will only show-up on Sims on the Relationship Panel for the active Sim who lives on a home lot. This command will teleport the active Sim directly to that Sim’s household lot and then to that Sim on the lot."
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I've been experiencing trouble with setting the baby's age duration. I set it to 10, but when a baby is born, the game just shows the regular 3 days until her birthday. Is this a bug?

Check your life span setting in the game options. If it's set to short, the value of the setting will be only half the lenght.

Also check this option: Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Use Random Aging
    This setting determines whether EA's new random aging that was implemented with Get Famous will be used. If disabled, then the prior Sims 4 functionality will be used so new Sims are always zero days into their current age span rather than a random number of days.
    Default value for this option is "Enabled".
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

Check your life span setting in the game options. If it's set to short, the value of the setting will be only half the lenght.

Also check this option: Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Use Random Aging
    This setting determines whether EA's new random aging that was implemented with Get Famous will be used. If disabled, then the prior Sims 4 functionality will be used so new Sims are always zero days into their current age span rather than a random number of days.

Thanks for your answer. I will check my lifespan setting.

And about the use random aging option, does it need to be enabled or disabled?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member

Thanks for your answer. I will check my lifespan setting.

And about the use random aging option, does it need to be enabled or disabled?

Disabled you do not want to use it.
    image.png

Teleportfunctions can be found at the new teleport section in the sim's MCCC menu:

From the relationship panel (I suppose that's what you mean) there is only a conditional teleport option "Teleport Active Sim to World Sim". That means your played sim will be teleported to the home lot of the sim chosen from the relationship panel. Condition is, that the chosen sim is not homeless but have a home lot. If the chosen sim is homeless, the the teleport option will not show up for that sim.

That's due to the teleport function rearrangement in version 7.0.0. Change log says:
    "This will only show-up on Sims on the Relationship Panel for the active Sim who lives on a home lot. This command will teleport the active Sim directly to that Sim’s household lot and then to that Sim on the lot."

but that just is it this part: Sim Commands does not show up at ALL on any Sim in my relationship panels. The last time I had the "Sim Commands" at all was before the Legacy edition came out (and I'm not playing the legacy edition at all but the normal edition).
    6adMCGP.gif

but that just is it this part: Sim Commands does not show up at ALL on any Sim in my relationship panels. The last time I had the "Sim Commands" at all was before the Legacy edition came out (and I'm not playing the legacy edition at all but the normal edition).

Weird. Test in my game shows no problems. MCCC/Sim Commands is available at all sims in the relationship panel. I also haven't heard of a wide spread issue like that one. Did you try without your mods, but with MCCC only? Make a backup of your game data before you start to test. Backup is always a good idea, even without a particular reason.

Weird. Test in my game shows no problems. MCCC/Sim Commands is available at all sims in the relationship panel. I also haven't heard of a wide spread issue like that one. Did you try without your mods, but with MCCC only? Make a backup of your game data before you start to test. Backup is always a good idea, even without a particular reason.

I just tried with just MC and still no Sim Commands show up (and I checked to see if the person was at home).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • dddeeberdddeeber Posts: 3 New Member
    This is such a huge thread so I apologize if this has been asked previously, or if this isn't the place for it... Is MCCC compatible with basemental's mods?

Alternately, is there a thread that has a list of other script mods that are compatible with MCCC?
    dddeeber wrote: »
    This is such a huge thread so I apologize if this has been asked previously, or if this isn't the place for it... Is MCCC compatible with basemental's mods?

Alternately, is there a thread that has a list of other script mods that are compatible with MCCC?

yes. but the over 18 mods can't be mentioned here. i was answring your basemental question.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top