Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Yo, this water fountain I got for the cats is loud as hork.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I forgot to wash my hair last night. 😂 🤦‍♀️
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Update: it's so loud, all the cats are afraid of it.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

What type of fountain did you get? What's the company?
    edited February 2020

I don't understand why people buy expensive stuff for their cats. 😂 I mean, maybe for you it makes sense cuz you have so many and it will be easy to have something automated. Which is why I just have one cat.
    832XG3D.gif
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I don't understand why people buy expensive stuff for their cats. 😂 I mean, maybe for you it makes sense cuz you have so many and it will be easy to have something automated. Which is why I just have one cat.

I see no point in buying expensive toys for my cat considering she'll probably ignore them. Food's a different story.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/

I see no point in buying expensive toys for my cat considering she'll probably ignore them. Food's a different story.

Yeah. I think a lot of people buy pet fountains because cats prefer running water (dogs might too, but I know Sandy doesn't seem to care), and it seems cats tend to be dehydrated because they don't drink enough water. That's why many cats develop kidney and urinary tract problems. I guess they're not super effective if the cat is scared of the fountain though.
    edited February 2020
    Lyoufln wrote: »

The Pagoda from Drinkwell by PetSafe. It has some reviews saying that it's really loud, but Darcy and Phoenix both come charging into the bathroom anytime I turn on the faucet, so I thought they might like this one. I also have the Seascape, but apparently their mom never taught them how to drink, so anytime they use it, they get wet chins.

What Lyou said. Also, automation is handy no matter how many cats you have - especially if you have depression and can't always be relied on for anything beyond cuddles.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

The Pagoda from Drinkwell by PetSafe. It has some reviews saying that it's really loud, but Darcy and Phoenix both come charging into the bathroom anytime I turn on the faucet, so I thought they might like this one. I also have the Seascape, but apparently their mom never taught them how to drink, so anytime they use it, they get wet chins.

What Lyou said. Also, automation is handy no matter how many cats you have - especially if you have depression and can't always be relied on for anything beyond cuddles.

I've actually done some research on water fountains (it was a little while ago, so I'd say these are still available).

This is one made by the same company as your current one. That might mean the motor is noisy, but at least there's a nice carbon filter that'll keep your kittens' water clean!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZ8L4T7/

This one looks a little weird to me...but people say their cats like it. Might be too tall for kittens though (Haven't looked too much into the dimensions of the fountain.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SMPC3MD/

This one seems okay, but personally I'm not a huge fan of the design if you've got cats who prefer drinking from the pouring water. This one is best suited to cats who like to drink from a bowl (but still like their water fresh)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZJDD9SK/

This one is all one piece (except for the motor and cords). The cords a bit of a pain in the butt to maneuver in and out of the spout and such, but it looks relatively easy to clean once you do. However...if your cat likes drinking out of the bowl (and not the stream) they might get their head wet.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJMSBXZ/

Sorry, got a little carried away there. I've actually read a good amount on these things. I personally have never used any of them, so I can't speak for their noise levels.

I've actually done some research on water fountains (it was a little while ago, so I'd say these are still available).

This is one made by the same company as your current one. That might mean the motor is noisy, but at least there's a nice carbon filter that'll keep your kittens' water clean!

This one looks a little weird to me...but people say their cats like it. Might be too tall for kittens though (Haven't looked too much into the dimensions of the fountain.

This one seems okay, but personally I'm not a huge fan of the design if you've got cats who prefer drinking from the pouring water. This one is best suited to cats who like to drink from a bowl (but still like their water fresh)

This one is all one piece (except for the motor and cords). The cords a bit of a pain in the butt to maneuver in and out of the spout and such, but it looks relatively easy to clean once you do. However...if your cat likes drinking out of the bowl (and not the stream) they might get their head wet.

Sorry, got a little carried away there. I've actually read a good amount on these things. I personally have never used any of them, so I can't speak for their noise levels.

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share your research Lyou :smile: I had a quick peek, but I'll read more about them now.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share your research Lyou :smile: I had a quick peek, but I'll read more about them now.

Glad I could help! :blush:
    Hey, so I've never had brain freeze.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited February 2020

Can this just be the QQ of the day? XD

Have you ever had a brain freeze?

When I was younger, yes. Not now tho.
    832XG3D.gif

Oh yeah, when I was deep diving, it reminded me to ask if you needed me to take over for a week again? You've seemed to be doing pretty well lately.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Oh yeah, when I was deep diving, it reminded me to ask if you needed me to take over for a week again? You've seemed to be doing pretty well lately.

Ooh, cool. Maybe you can do for a whole week starting next week. I like to just start it on a Monday or Sunday so it's easier to keep track when we started.
    832XG3D.gif

Ooh, cool. Maybe you can do for a whole week starting next week. I like to just start it on a Monday or Sunday so it's easier to keep track when we started.

Sure, whichever you prefer!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Sure, whichever you prefer!

Yay! Awesome! Thanks. 👌
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    MMX wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Sunny.

Hmm, I don't know about that... :D More like Gloomy. LOL.
    You are an overall happy person. You have a smile that lights up any room. Your defense mechanism is to laugh, so you find yourself giggling in every situation. You likely try to find the positives in situations as well. You are the light when things seem dark, and people tend to go to you for a laugh or advice or a shoulder to cry on. You are a very trustworthy person and everyone likes to be around you. You wear your heart on your sleeve and feel secure in the knowledge that you can win over anyone you meet. You love to explore new environments, and your optimism ensures that you can find the beauty in anything, even when others can’t. There are times you don't feel very optimistic and excited, but you don't let that show as you think your feelings may be a burden to others. Keep in mind that your emotions are not irrelevant and you are a beautiful soul :)

Mouse
    Why did you double post?

Oops. I forgot were not supposed to. XD. I wont from now on. :)

Yes, who hasn't?
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Today's Q Q is:

Sunny.

You are an overall happy person. You have a smile that lights up any room. Your defense mechanism is to laugh, so you find yourself giggling in every situation. You likely try to find the positives in situations as well. You are the light when things seem dark, and people tend to go to you for a laugh or advice or a shoulder to cry on. You are a very trustworthy person and everyone likes to be around you. You wear your heart on your sleeve and feel secure in the knowledge that you can win over anyone you meet. You love to explore new environments, and your optimism ensures that you can find the beauty in anything, even when others can’t. There are times you don't feel very optimistic and excited, but you don't let that show as you think your feelings may be a burden to others. Keep in mind that your emotions are not irrelevant and you are a beautiful soul :)

Mouse
    Why did you double post?

Yes, who hasn't?

I mean, you just quoted Dekay's post quoting my post literally just saying I've never had brain freeze.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Sunny.

Mouse
    Why did you double post?

Yes, who hasn't?

I mean, you just quoted Dekay's post quoting my post literally just saying I've never had brain freeze.

Theres a reason my nickname at home irl is Katherine Oblivious, I'm oblivious to what seems like everything.
    (Note: No, my name is not Katherine. It's because Im female and it rhymes with captain. Instead of Captain Oblivious, I'm Katherine Oblivious.)
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Today's Q Q is:

Sunny.

Mouse
    Why did you double post?

Yes, who hasn't?

Theres a reason my nickname at home irl is Katherine Oblivious, I'm oblivious to what seems like everything.
    (Note: No, my name is not Katherine. It's because Im female and it rhymes with captain. Instead of Captain Oblivious, I'm Katherine Oblivious.)

xD
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

Yep. It's Awful™
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    my brain, all day: bedtime?
    my brain, at bedtime: let's boogie
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Everyday, I can't wait to get home to eat my cheddar Bay biscuits. Can you tell I'm addicted? 😂
    832XG3D.gif
    Why do doctors' offices all always have HGTV on in the waiting room? I hate HGTV and their promotion of mindless consumerism.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top