Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Love the Sims 4

ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
After reading a few people words recently and last year how they are tired of the Sims 4 or they haven't played in months, that's cool, your entitled to feel that way. Even though a lot of people didn't like the base game of the Sims 4 it has came a long way since 2014. First i didn't like that all i had was one vacation spot to go to, so i stopped playing for a while but i kept updating my game for the new patches and buying the new game play they kept putting out and at some point i started to get back into the game and started enjoying it.

True the base game didn't start off great and I'm sure there are many reasons that can be argued for that, but once city living was released then toddlers then vampires the game become solid for me. The Club system is epic for improving skills faster, painting with different emotions by changing the club vibes when ever you want, it also helps makes it easy to get promoted at work if you go under the required emotions. I don't see a lot of simmers really exploring the club system on their YouTube Lets Plays which i find very disappointing. Other then wishing the Sims 4 had more space for building houses and businesses, the Get to Work Expansion Pack is my favorite. i can have a fish store, a bakery, a bookstore, an Art store, basically a store for any item in buy mode, now with the Vampire pack i can have a Vampire store.

Even though apartments is limited to where they was built and you can't build apartments on any lot you want i still enjoy the city living part of the game. Yes we can argue or debate that every game pack and EP so far can use some extra content to make it more epic and add an overdose of game play, however, I am very pleased at where the Sims 4 is in 2017. Granted the game couldn't be totally like the Sims 3, some things had to change, and new thing had to be introduced. I see a lot of people talk in hopes that the Sims 5 will be better for those who dislike the Sims 4.

Build mode is awesome, the way you create sims is awesome, and after a few updates, Game Packs, Expansion Packs, and a lot of stuff packs I am glad i stuck with the Sims 4. Even though i was a little displeased in the beginning and took a few months away but as things progressed it became a game i looked forward to playing. Now when they make a Sims 5 a lot more need to be included in the base game from the beginning to make it epic the minute it is released. Toddlers, Ghost, Half walls, Pools, Basements and a lot of the updates they put in the Sims 4 game over the years need to be in the Sims 5 from the beginning. Even some of the stuff packs, expansion packs, and game packs from the Sims 4 need to be in the Sims 5 from the beginning. Then the Sims 5 can focus on new game packs, stuff packs, and expansion packs that the Sims 1, Sim 2, Sims 3, and the Sims 4 never had.

We as players have to understand after each Sims Game they make it gets harder to beat the last version, either you gone like the new version or revert back to the old version. Hopefully a few years later their will be advancements in the video game and computer world when it comes to PC games making game play ten times as better then its previous version. Until then I will continue to enjoy the Sims 4 as they add new stuff to the game from this moment on. And maybe just maybe, I'll be the guy saying how much i love playing the Sims 4 and hate the Sims 5 since i was totally oblivious to the Sims 3 because my life wasn't stable enough to be concerned about playing PC games at the time Sims 3, Sims 2, and the Sims 1 was out.
pO5uos8.jpg
Post edited by ThePoeticPreacher on

Comments

• brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    After reading a few people words recently and last year how they are tired of the Sims 4 or they haven't played in months, that's cool, your entitled to feel that way. Even though a lot of people didn't like the base game of the Sims 4 it has came a long way since 2014. First i didn't like that all i had was one vacation spot to go to, so i stop playing for a while but i kept updating my game for the new patches and buying the new game play they put out and at some point i started to get back into the game and enjoy it.

True the base game didn't start of great and I'm sure there are many reasons that can be argued for that, but once city living was released then toddlers then vampires the game become solid for me. The Club system is epic for improving skills faster, painting with different emotions by changing the club vibes when ever you want, it also helps makes it easy to get promoted at work if you go under the required emotions. I don't see a lot of simmers really explore the club system on their YouTube Lets Plays which i find very disappointing. Other then wishing the Sims 4 had more space for building houses and business the Get to Work EP is my favorite. i can have a fish store, a bakery, a bookstore, a Painter store, basically a store for any item in buy mode, now with the Vampire pack i can have a Vampire store.

Even though apartments is limited to where they was built and you can't build apartment on any lot you want i still enjoy the city living part of the game. Yes we can argue or debate that every game pack and EP so far can use some extra content to make it more epic and add overdose of game play I am very pleased at where the Sims 4 is in 2017. Granted the game couldn't be totally like the Sims 3, some things had to change, and new thing had to be introduced. I see a lot of people talks in hopes that the Sims 5 will be better for those who dislike the Sims 4.

Build mode is awesome, the way you create sims is awesome, and after a few updates, Game Packs, Expansion Packs, and a lot of stuff packs I am glad i stuck with the Sims 4. Even though i was a little displeased in the beginning and took a few months away but as things progressed it became a game i looked forward to playing. Now when they make a Sims 5 a lot more need to be included in the base game from the beginning to make it epic the minute it is released. Toddlers, Ghost, Half walls, Pools and a lot of the updates they put in the Sims 4 game over the years need to be in the Sims 5 from the beginning. Even some of the stuff packs, expansion packs, and game packs from the Sims 4 need to be in the Sims 5 from the beginning. Then the Sims 5 can focus on new game packs, stuff packs, and expansion packs that the Sims 1, Sim 2, Sims 3, and the Sims 4 never had.

We as players have to understand after each Sims Game they make it gets harder to beat the last version, either you gone like the new version or revert back to the old version. Hopefully a few years later their will be advancements in the video game and computer world when it comes to PC games making game play ten times as better then its previous version. Until then I will continue to enjoy the Sims 4 as they add new stuff to the game from this moment. And maybe just maybe, I'll be the guy saying how much i love playing the Sims 4 and hate the Sims 5 since i was totally oblivious to the Sims 3 because my life wasn't stable enough to be concerned about playing PC games at the time Sims 3, Sims 2, and the Sims 1 was out.

I don't know... I'm not ready to talk about The Sims 5. We're still deep in TS4. Let's not rush Maxis. Let's let them come out with our TSF EPs/GPs/SPs ...Let them fix our bugs...patch TS4 up...fix our toddler, dying, emotion, vampire, etc dilemma...and take their time on TS5...No worries Maxis...we'll be here...we love y'all...we will wait...we will be here when you're ready.
  • littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    edited February 2017
    After reading a few people words recently and last year how they are tired of the Sims 4 or they haven't played in months, that's cool, your entitled to feel that way. Even though a lot of people didn't like the base game of the Sims 4 it has came a long way since 2014. First i didn't like that all i had was one vacation spot to go to, so i stop playing for a while but i kept updating my game for the new patches and buying the new game play they put out and at some point i started to get back into the game and enjoy it.

True the base game didn't start of great and I'm sure there are many reasons that can be argued for that, but once city living was released then toddlers then vampires the game become solid for me. The Club system is epic for improving skills faster, painting with different emotions by changing the club vibes when ever you want, it also helps makes it easy to get promoted at work if you go under the required emotions. I don't see a lot of simmers really explore the club system on their YouTube Lets Plays which i find very disappointing. Other then wishing the Sims 4 had more space for building houses and business the Get to Work EP is my favorite. i can have a fish store, a bakery, a bookstore, a Painter store, basically a store for any item in buy mode, now with the Vampire pack i can have a Vampire store.

Even though apartments is limited to where they was built and you can't build apartment on any lot you want i still enjoy the city living part of the game. Yes we can argue or debate that every game pack and EP so far can use some extra content to make it more epic and add overdose of game play I am very pleased at where the Sims 4 is in 2017. Granted the game couldn't be totally like the Sims 3, some things had to change, and new thing had to be introduced. I see a lot of people talks in hopes that the Sims 5 will be better for those who dislike the Sims 4.

Build mode is awesome, the way you create sims is awesome, and after a few updates, Game Packs, Expansion Packs, and a lot of stuff packs I am glad i stuck with the Sims 4. Even though i was a little displeased in the beginning and took a few months away but as things progressed it became a game i looked forward to playing. Now when they make a Sims 5 a lot more need to be included in the base game from the beginning to make it epic the minute it is released. Toddlers, Ghost, Half walls, Pools and a lot of the updates they put in the Sims 4 game over the years need to be in the Sims 5 from the beginning. Even some of the stuff packs, expansion packs, and game packs from the Sims 4 need to be in the Sims 5 from the beginning. Then the Sims 5 can focus on new game packs, stuff packs, and expansion packs that the Sims 1, Sim 2, Sims 3, and the Sims 4 never had.

We as players have to understand after each Sims Game they make it gets harder to beat the last version, either you gone like the new version or revert back to the old version. Hopefully a few years later their will be advancements in the video game and computer world when it comes to PC games making game play ten times as better then its previous version. Until then I will continue to enjoy the Sims 4 as they add new stuff to the game from this moment. And maybe just maybe, I'll be the guy saying how much i love playing the Sims 4 and hate the Sims 5 since i was totally oblivious to the Sims 3 because my life wasn't stable enough to be concerned about playing PC games at the time Sims 3, Sims 2, and the Sims 1 was out.

I don't know... I'm not ready to talk about The Sims 5. We're still deep in TS4. Let's not rush Maxis. Let's let them come out with our TSF EPs/GPs/SPs ...Let them fix our bugs...patch TS4 up...fix our toddler, dying, emotion, vampire, etc dilemma...and take their time on TS5...No worries Maxis...we'll be here...we love y'all...we will wait...we will be here when you're ready.

Yeah, really we can wait. Please do take your time with the sims 5. Don't let us have sims 4 crisis again, ok? :p
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member

I agree, I love the Sims 4, even more then the previous installments, even though i didn't play them as much as I play the Sims 4, didn't have the time back then to focus on playing games daily. So when the Sims 4 came out I remembered how much i like the Sims 1 when i was introduced to in 2002 when i was in The Navy. I recently played the Facebook version of the game that came out years ago and also dabbled with the latest mobile version of the game, but really not a fan of mobile games. My point is throughout life even though my time was limited when it came to playing games the Sim game always stuck in the back of mine, so when the Sims 4 came out and i had a lot of time on my hand it made since to dive in. This article isn't to focus on the Sims 5 but to make a point on how much i enjoy the Sims 4, I mentioned the Sims 5 because from reading a lot of frustrated people who loved the previous game always say hopefully Sims 5 will be better. Maybe because I didn't play the Sims 3 I don't quite understand their dislike for the Sims 4. Graphically speaking I really didn't appeal to my eyes, games that are well done appeal to me more, that's one of the main factors that got involved then eventually loving the game over time.
    pO5uos8.jpg

Yeah, really we can wait. Please do take your time with the sims 5. Don't let us have sims 4 crisis again, ok? :p

totally agree, i think this article I wrote was overshadowed by my mention of a Sims 5. Thew mention of the Sims 5 is only ten percent i what I wrote. My purpose was to focus on the love I have for the Sims 4. It seems those who are against the Sims 4 think the Sims 5 will make the franchise better again. I love the sims 4. Get to Work is great to me. Get together with club aspect of the game made it great. City living is awesome even though you can't build an apartment anywhere you want. Then with Toddlers as a free update and Vampires right behind made it awesome. Then we get bowling then eventually animals. Then people are talking of a possible Seasons already awesome, if they add Universities (College) and Boats and Vehicles the whole Sims 4 game will be epic to me if it's not already there as is.
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited February 2017
    @ThePoeticPreacher Hey there is nothing wrong about talking about Sims 5 your being hopeful right? You can always hope or wish for something, Who knows maybe your ideas for the future game might be incorporated in it. We may or may not have Sims 5 but there's nothing wrong with being hopeful or wishing for it, so speak on it.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    @ThePoeticPreacher Hey there is nothing wrong about talking about Sims 5 your being hopeful right? You can always hope or wish for something, Who knows maybe your ideas for the future game might be incorporated in it. We may or may not have Sims 5 but there's nothing wrong with being hopeful or wishing for it, so speak on it.

Right on @Briana2425 glad to hear your comment, thanks, it's funny though because the first two comments I saw on my post was making me feel like I was wrong for talking about a possible Sims 5. I love the Sims 4 so if they do make a Sims 5 they need to take a page from the Sims 4 and make it great from the first day of release, it's just sad to me to see so much negativity about my favorite game of all time. The Sims 4 is like Politics it seems, Half is for Donald Trump and the other half is for Hilary Clinton, you got the lovers and haters with the Sims 4...It's like the comments focused on me mentioning the Sims 5 instead of the 90 percent of why I love the game...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Right on @Briana2425 glad to hear your comment, thanks, it's funny though because the first two comments I saw on my post was making me feel like I was wrong for talking about a possible Sims 5. I love the Sims 4 so if they do make a Sims 5 they need to take a page from the Sims 4 and make it great from the first day of release, it's just sad to me to see so much negativity about my favorite game of all time. The Sims 4 is like Politics it seems, Half is for Donald Trump and the other half is for Hilary Clinton, you got the lovers and haters with the Sims 4...It's like the comments focused on me mentioning the Sims 5 instead of the 90 percent of why I love the game...

I know that's why I commented I mean every game we will have difference in opinion of the game it just seems like Sims 4 made it more controversial at the start but now little by little it starting to get appreciated more.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I love sims 4 too, It's fun, I really like rotating around lots of families, they all have different stories and I ve got lots of different clubs going on. Some of the families are quite big now but I love playing the different branches, every now and again I have huge family gatherings.
    I love sims 4 too, It's fun, I really like rotating around lots of families, they all have different stories and I ve got lots of different clubs going on. Some of the families are quite big now but I love playing the different branches, every now and again I have huge family gatherings.

right on @brackencat31 same with me, I have a club for almost every household, and i like playing different jobs for different households, depends on the characters like if i have the Matrix characters they would be criminals because they all will become oracles at level just like the movie have an Oracle....by this time if we was playing from the beginning every lot should be filled with sims to play on different levels...thanks for your comment....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • KianaisloveKianaislove Posts: 126 Member
    Hey guys! I can't link my channel (I've had this account for 6 years and i cant post links plum) but you can find me on twitter and youtube under the name "recklessXsimmer" of course without the quotes! I have 1 speed build up already and I'm working on the CAS and machinima intro to a new lets play I'm interested in! Please feel free to check me out and subscribe if you like! once I really dive in and get this thing set up I'd love to do a collab with a ton of people one day!

Thanks so much guys!
    Kiana
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Your signature looks SO real and now I'm heart broken that it isn't :,(
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DoritosConfirmedDoritosConfirmed Posts: 42 Member
    The main thing was Sims 4 was made to be an online/multiplayer thing. But that idea failed in early development stages. With that failing they had to bring it to a whole other Sims game, but EA made them release it unfinished, they would not let them get more time. Especially as I believe EA doesn't have any title so far that has missed released. After TS4 being released unfinished and lacked content, EA actually cut funding for the franchise. I am actually amusing that sometime soon Sims will be cut entirely because they hardly have any funding anymore, Gurus leaving, and the community hates the current game. (Except for me, I love TS4).

Toddlers were in the code from the beginning, but they couldn't figure out the animations at first. So to make sure that they would work properly, they had to delay them and disable that bit. And probably didn't warn about the patch because of how many whiners are in the community.

There's tons of additions in the code for the game that are there but not usable yet. So I am actually very excited for what TS4 has in store yet.

I don't think we should be focusing on TS5, if it'll even happen. Which is doubtful unless the sims studios suddenly gets more funding, this may possibly be the last game in the franchise.

I've bought every GP/EP/SP so far, and yes I want more content cause I am greedy and love random things being added into my gameplay. But personally I think we, as a community, need to stop whining. We should take the game for what it is. They can't please everyone, they can't build packs for every single person, there's no way. We can suggest ideas, but do they have to create them? No, they don't. Also due to the fact that when they come up with an idea for a pack there's tons of departments who have to OK the development of said pack, as well as going through designers to see if they can manage the pack idea. Animations are tricky, and the more content being thought of, the more time it takes to make sure every aspect of said pack will work with things already in game. Bug happen in almost every game, I wouldn't dwell too much on glitches.

Some people should look into basic game development education. It's a very long process especially with this type of game. Animations need a long time to be worked on. 100s of lines of code need to be tested. The designers need to create the 3D models, thumbnails, make sure there's hardly any glitches within the gameplay, etc. It's a long process making games, even longer when you're adding a bunch of content to an already existing game. It takes time and we should give the people who work hard and long hours to give us a game.

Don't get me wrong, I want some things too. But I'm not going to be that selfish. I'm going to take the game as how it is. You'll either like the game, or not. If not, just don't bother with it. I like the aspect and approach that the packs are brand new ideas. Instead of TS3 was an exact match of TS2 packs. Sure I'd want seasons or University, but how do we know if they aren't being worked on? We don't know how long they are planning to work on TS4 for. I just think we should wait and see. I find that putting empathy in the people working on the game, makes things a bit easier to understand. Especially if you've ever worked on games before, it can be very tedious.

• DoritosConfirmedDoritosConfirmed Posts: 42 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 Your signature picture of the two male Sims is so lovely. I love it (:

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I think it's a chraming game with tons of potential to become the most endearing version of them all when it's all said and done.
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    I think it's a chraming game with tons of potential to become the most endearing version of them all when it's all said and done.

@Uzone27 totally agree...thanks for commenting...
    pO5uos8.jpg
    The main thing was Sims 4 was made to be an online/multiplayer thing. But that idea failed in early development stages. With that failing they had to bring it to a whole other Sims game, but EA made them release it unfinished, they would not let them get more time. Especially as I believe EA doesn't have any title so far that has missed released. After TS4 being released unfinished and lacked content, EA actually cut funding for the franchise. I am actually amusing that sometime soon Sims will be cut entirely because they hardly have any funding anymore, Gurus leaving, and the community hates the current game. (Except for me, I love TS4).

Toddlers were in the code from the beginning, but they couldn't figure out the animations at first. So to make sure that they would work properly, they had to delay them and disable that bit. And probably didn't warn about the patch because of how many whiners are in the community.

There's tons of additions in the code for the game that are there but not usable yet. So I am actually very excited for what TS4 has in store yet.

I don't think we should be focusing on TS5, if it'll even happen. Which is doubtful unless the sims studios suddenly gets more funding, this may possibly be the last game in the franchise.

I've bought every GP/EP/SP so far, and yes I want more content cause I am greedy and love random things being added into my gameplay. But personally I think we, as a community, need to stop whining. We should take the game for what it is. They can't please everyone, they can't build packs for every single person, there's no way. We can suggest ideas, but do they have to create them? No, they don't. Also due to the fact that when they come up with an idea for a pack there's tons of departments who have to OK the development of said pack, as well as going through designers to see if they can manage the pack idea. Animations are tricky, and the more content being thought of, the more time it takes to make sure every aspect of said pack will work with things already in game. Bug happen in almost every game, I wouldn't dwell too much on glitches.

Some people should look into basic game development education. It's a very long process especially with this type of game. Animations need a long time to be worked on. 100s of lines of code need to be tested. The designers need to create the 3D models, thumbnails, make sure there's hardly any glitches within the gameplay, etc. It's a long process making games, even longer when you're adding a bunch of content to an already existing game. It takes time and we should give the people who work hard and long hours to give us a game.

Don't get me wrong, I want some things too. But I'm not going to be that selfish. I'm going to take the game as how it is. You'll either like the game, or not. If not, just don't bother with it. I like the aspect and approach that the packs are brand new ideas. Instead of TS3 was an exact match of TS2 packs. Sure I'd want seasons or University, but how do we know if they aren't being worked on? We don't know how long they are planning to work on TS4 for. I just think we should wait and see. I find that putting empathy in the people working on the game, makes things a bit easier to understand. Especially if you've ever worked on games before, it can be very tedious.

I know what you mean I was frustrated with my Graphic Design classes a few years ago and that's the easy part so i know making games takes good education and great skills and of course an artistic mind and great ideals,. That being said relating to what you said I need to find a video or documentary on YouTube or somewhere that shows how games are made, it needs to be posted to forum so simmers can see and understand the process of making computer/console games. I appreciate your comment and am glad we are on the same page, I agree with everything you have said. Keep speaking on how you love this game, love the long comment, shows real respect for people comments on this forum....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

I just want my Sims to stop getting run through by cars and remain oblivious. I want neighbor Sims to stop just walking into other peoples houses uninvited and even before introductions. My Sims households get as many as 4 uninvited people in their houses and using anything they get a mind to. These kinds of things I find frustrating. Did I mention they just stick their feet through the furniture or put their hands through walls. As for clubs and parties or work, I hate that the game has to reload to the"new" place EVEN if it is just across the street. Worse, some of the places I took my sims hang and lag A LOT. I can wait on 5 while they fix 4!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Everyone loves The Sims 4.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Everyone loves The Sims 4.

False.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think if a game has the potential to become 'the most endearing version' (for individuals obviously, there's no such thing as a most endearing version in general) that status should be there already, two and a half years in. People who love the game still don't consider it that? That surprises me to be honest.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I think if a game has the potential to become 'the most endearing version' (for individuals obviously, there's no such thing as a most endearing version in general) that status should be there already, two and a half years in. People who love the game still don't consider it that? That surprises me to be honest.

I have to agree with this. I hear the word "potential" a lot when people talk about TS4, and frankly I don't think a game should have to have potential if it was a good game in the first place. Which, imo, TS4 was not.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2017
    I love sim 4 sims the most there my favorite
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yet another example of how simply having a positive opinion of the game isn't enough for some, it needs to be challenged and justified.

Dirty pool happenin' in this thread. :/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top