March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    OFFICIAL GROUP PHOTO
    EKaQXQPWoAsgVyS.png

Happy Mole hunt!

When does it start?
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    OFFICIAL GROUP PHOTO
    EKaQXQPWoAsgVyS.png

Happy Mole hunt!

When does it start?

January 11th, which actually is a week later than usual.
    Banner.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    *points at random person* That's the mole . xD
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!!! <3
    edited November 2019
    Guys, let's do this... Write numbers on 10 pieces of paper. 1-10 Then write down the contestants like Vul revealed it here. Put the pieces with the numbers up side down and shuffle them around. Then choose 2 pieces. Your first one will be the winner and your second one will be the mole. And then you have to stick with them the whole season... ;)
    Post edited by Alleenmens on
    Let's see who's right or close...
    I've done mine already and my winner is...

Anita Witzier

And my mole is......

Johan Goossens
    That's a fun idea!!! Though I have to do it later . In the car on the way to family
    Shadami wrote: »
    That's a fun idea!!! Though I have to do it later . In the car on the way to family

I did it too, in the Discord.

unknown.png

Claes is my winner, Miljuschka is my Mole. Hmm...
    Banner.png
    I rolled dice to that list. 9 is my winner. 1 is my mole. So jaike belfor winner and claies Iverson mole
    I rolled dice to that list. 9 is my winner. 1 is my mole. So jaike belfor winner and claies Iverson mole

Ooh, will he be either of them?

Also - you used a DnD die for that?
    Banner.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

If it's not 6-sided, it's definitely a die for tabletop RPGs
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Yeah sort of. I have a dice bag app on my phone for when I don't have my actual dice handy.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

If it's not 6-sided, it's definitely a die for tabletop RPGs

Hmm, I once played a board game that has an 8-sided die. Though I gotta say that said game does have some fantasy elements to it.
    Yeah sort of. I have a dice bag app on my phone for when I don't have my actual dice handy.

That's really handy. :) Don't have that myself, but I do have a Cluedo notebook app on my phone. Though my sister thinks that app is cheating, so she forbids me from using it. >:C
    I should try and download it, maybe recommend it to my sister as well. She has started DnD some time ago.
    Banner.png
    Rpg simple dice is the one I use. You can add custom dice. :)
    Rpg simple dice is the one I use. You can add custom dice. :)

Ooh, that's useful. :)
    Banner.png
    You gotta make sure the app is truly random though. 🤔 Sometimes the probability distribution is a bit lopsided
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    If we're not dealing with a huge number I'd usually go with poker cards. Just shuffle them and pick them out from the deck of cards :b
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    Seems random,?

From a programming perspective, there's this thing called "pseudorandomness" where the number generator isn't truly random. :D You can see if it's truly random if you get like 50 die rolls, and check if all the possible numbers were rolled more or less evenly.

Yeah I remember it back in statistics class or whatever it was called. I didn't write any of them down but I rolled probably ten-20 times and got a bunch of 3s
    I'll have to test it at some point.
    Yeah I remember it back in statistics class or whatever it was called. I didn't write any of them down but I rolled probably ten-20 times and got a bunch of 3s
    I'll have to test it at some point.

I remember having to do that too for the statistics parts in maths class on high school. XD Though I had to use my graphical calculator instead of a die.
    Banner.png
    We had to flip a coin 100 times in biology class to model how X and Y chromosomes were randomly chosen for an egg cell :D

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    We had to flip a coin 100 times in biology class to model how X and Y chromosomes were randomly chosen for an egg cell :D

Wait, I thought the male cells were the ones that could carry both X and Y chromosomes?
    Banner.png