Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims and lots not showing up in library

This issue started before the patch launched today. Two days ago my library was fine as I used it to add sims to a new save. Earlier today I went to my library to add a few more sims to the game, but most of my lots and households were missing. Even with the custom content tag ticked on, only a few of my lots/sims are showing up. The lots in my tray folder go back as far as 2015 and when I added tray files back a few at a time, they still didn't show up in game. I've repair twice and let today's patch install, but nothing has changed and I'm running out of ideas to fix this.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited February 2017
    Check also the Sims4 folder in Documents. (Windows 10) I found that a new empty Tray folder had been created and there was another earlier Tray folder in the same folder where all the files were. I didn't know that was possible.
    I just copied them over and got them back.

A Mac owner had a similar problem and found them elsewhere.
  • GirlSimmer29GirlSimmer29 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi there! This could be a problem with some of the CC you use being non-compatible with the update! Make sure to always check that it's compatible before re-starting your game. Any mods such as MC Command Centre and other main stream mods that do similar things may only be built for the version you were previously on. If you do use any of them, try taking them out and downloading the latest version! They can cause some game issues if using them for an outdated version. Hope this helped, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask!
    I don't have a signature. Oh wait...
    In my case I don't do CC, mods and have a virgin game. It still happened to me.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Well, I tried resetting the Sims 4 folder and just loading the library without mods, but I'm still missing most of my lots/sims. It looks like my tray folder is missing stuff from 2014. I don't think I accidentally deleted anything because I don't see those types of files in my recycling bin. I do have an old save from 2014 with some of those Sims located in homes, but its going to be a pain digging around trying to resave everything to the library. =\
    @tanakaki Did you check the Electronic Arts Sims4 folder by using File explorer? Thats when I found two Tray folders, one new and one with all the lots.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    @Mchap353 Yeah I checked the sims 4 folder, but I didn't have any extra tray folders. I even did a windows search but turned up only one tray folder file.
  • Sim_KrazySim_Krazy Posts: 25 Member
    I'm having the same issue expect it's just my households.
    Sim_Krazy wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue expect it's just my households.

Hello @Sim_Krazy
    Try going to the advanced section of the gallery filter and check to make sure that you have " include custom content " ticked. Then test to see if the sims households appear.
  • Sim_KrazySim_Krazy Posts: 25 Member
    That worked thanks rosemow!
  • TheeDrewGamerTheeDrewGamer Posts: 16 New Member
    Hi guys

I'm sorry to post on someones discussion but for some reason I couldn't make one for myself.

I'm having this issue of Sims not appearing in the Library, I think part of it might be my own fault but I'm not sure.

I had a family of two and one Sim on their own, I've since moved this one sim in with the family of two. However in my library, they do not appear as one family, they appear as two separate households.

I also made an extension of the family of two, then moved those family members out into their own house but they do not appear in my library either.

If I make a new household they appear in the library, but if I update a household with new sims. It doesn't update in the library.

As an example, I had a family with a parent and two children. Who appear in the library. I then moved them in with Bob Pancake, but since moving in with him it hasn't updated it on the library to include him.

I have CC included ticked in the advanced options and I tried Rosemow's suggestion of moving the Sims 4 folder to the desktop and resetting it, but nothing seems to be working. I'm doing this as part of my let's play series, to allow followers to download my households if they'd like to. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
    edited February 2017
    Hi guys

I'm sorry to post on someones discussion but for some reason I couldn't make one for myself.

I'm having this issue of Sims not appearing in the Library, I think part of it might be my own fault but I'm not sure.

I had a family of two and one Sim on their own, I've since moved this one sim in with the family of two. However in my library, they do not appear as one family, they appear as two separate households.

I also made an extension of the family of two, then moved those family members out into their own house but they do not appear in my library either.

If I make a new household they appear in the library, but if I update a household with new sims. It doesn't update in the library.

As an example, I had a family with a parent and two children. Who appear in the library. I then moved them in with Bob Pancake, but since moving in with him it hasn't updated it on the library to include him.

I have CC included ticked in the advanced options and I tried Rosemow's suggestion of moving the Sims 4 folder to the desktop and resetting it, but nothing seems to be working. I'm doing this as part of my let's play series, to allow followers to download my households if they'd like to. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @TheeDrewGamer
    Changes that you make to sims households in the game won't be reflected in your library. You need to take the new household into Cas and save the household to your library yourself. The new Sims households need to be saved manually to your library,
    In the game, there is a "Household management " section. You can enter that by pressing the household management button on the top right hand side of map view. You will see the in-game households reflected there instead.
  • TheeDrewGamerTheeDrewGamer Posts: 16 New Member
    Hello @TheeDrewGamer
    Changes that you make to sims households in the game won't be reflected in your library. You need to take the new household into Cas and save the household to your library yourself. The new Sims households need to be saved manually to your library,
    In the game, there is a "Household management " section. You can enter that by pressing the household management button on the top right hand side of map view. You will see the in-game households reflected there instead.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much Rosemow! I feel silly now for not realising this sooner!

Hello @TheeDrewGamer

Oh my gosh, thank you so much Rosemow! I feel silly now for not realising this sooner!

You're welcome :) Happy simming!
  • marie2009ukmarie2009uk Posts: 49 Member
    hi is anyone else having problems with the library when i place a lot or family in my world and then when i go back to library to click on another to place in game it wont let me this has happened since the new update before than it was working fine also i cant load up an old game just wondering if anyone is having this problem and if so how can i fix it.
    edited February 2017
    hi is anyone else having problems with the library when i place a lot or family in my world and then when i go back to library to click on another to place in game it wont let me this has happened since the new update before than it was working fine also i cant load up an old game just wondering if anyone is having this problem and if so how can i fix it.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. I had just posted on your wall, so I will post here too.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there..

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

With not being able to load an old game,the autosave file may be causing issues. Go to your save folder in Documents -Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder and move the slot_00000001.save to your desktop. That is the autosave file. Then launch the game. See if the load button is in the main screen now. If it is, press the load button , load your save game file, play the game and see if it is working okay

If the load button isn't there, press the play button. Start the new game and play the game for a little while. Save the game. Then exit the game completely, Reload the game and see if the load button is there now. See if you can load your save game.

If you still unable to load your save game files, try rolling back your save game files to an earlier version. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • marie2009ukmarie2009uk Posts: 49 Member
    thankyou for replying im just trying your suggestions now will let u know if it helps
  • TommyPicklesTommyPickles Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi guys,

I'm new to The Sims and just recently downloaded the game to my Mac. I'm currently trying to download a lot but for some reason it won't show up in my library. The lot files downloaded as black little squares with the word "exec" in green at the top. I didn't know what that meant so I downloaded Keka to try to open them. However, this just compressed them and turned them into zip files, so I deleted them. I then tried looking under "get info" and added ".doc" to each extension (.blueprint.doc, .bpi.doc, .trayitem.doc, etc.). This seemed to change them into normal docs (according to the "get info", doing this turned them into word documents. I put all the package CC I downloaded for the lot in Mods and everything else (.blueprint.doc, .bpi.doc, .trayitem.doc, etc.) in Tray. But for some reason when I go to my library and check off "include custom content" nothing shows up. I also don't have the "include unknown content" box to check off. Please help!
  • santafishsantafish Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow I wanted to hopefully get your opinion on what you think might be the cause of my game having a similar issue, my issue is that when I click on "My Library", there are no results found. There is nothing there, not even the Maxis stuff. I have also ticked the "include cc" box each time and still nothing at all.
    santafish wrote: »
    @rosemow I wanted to hopefully get your opinion on what you think might be the cause of my game having a similar issue, my issue is that when I click on "My Library", there are no results found. There is nothing there, not even the Maxis stuff. I have also ticked the "include cc" box each time and still nothing at all.

Hello @santafish
    There has been some issues with the Gallery over the last day. When there are gallery issues, simmers have found that no items appear in their library. I am sorry :( but it would be best to wait until later in the day or tomorrow depending on where you live, and the issues may be fixed then .
    Your items are still there. You can check in your Documents -electronic Arts -sims 4 - tray folder and the files of your creations should still be there. The tray folder holds all the files on your creations that are in your library.
  • Emily_KateEmily_Kate Posts: 1 New Member
    i am having same problem, when i go into load game my households are gone and i am unable to load previous game, when i go into the world all progress is gone. help :(