Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited February 2017
    Gah!!!! I really need sleep but I've been dieing *haha pun intended* to check out your story for awhile now! I am up to the forth chapter! I am almost slipping out of my seat I am so tired but I AM IN LOVE! I haven't read a new story that I have loved as instantly as this! Ugh! More! MUST READ MORE!!!!

I don't know what becomes of the butler later on - omg don't spoil it! But...is it wrong of me to ship Lysander and Bianca? #lybanca #bis(t)ander

Don't sink my ship! Ships are made to sail :lol:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @Kamio Wow, I'm so flattered by your incredible enthusiasm, thank you! I hope the rest of the chapters don't disappoint you. I try not to be too cruel with the pairings I set up, even if there's a whole love dodecahedron going on at this point, so there's definitely nothing wrong with shipping Lysander and Bianca. ;) No Titanic here! ...Probably. >:)
    uduVcAP.png
    @LadyJester - Haha! Thanks. I'm may *or may not* be slightly obcessed with vampires and devouring every vampire simlit on the forums. And woohoo - I still have to catch up after chapter 4 - turns out I actually slept - but I shall release my Bistander ship and watch it sail merrily away :lol:
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Wow! I did not expect Isla and Darius to be what they are!!!
    Explains a lot why Penny went missing when she was a child. Aaah how will she get out of this situation now!
    Excited for the next chapters. <3
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Ooooh so that's what you meant! I love it! Fairies are a great addition to this story. It's a shame they aren't an actual life state yet.
    Pssst @Kamio, I think you might've summoned the wrong lady. ;) But in your defense, the first four and last four letters of our names are the same! We're practically identical twins, except one of us has a mole in a different place. (I'll let her decide who.) I'm definitely devouring as much vampire and supernatural SimLit as possible too. I want moooore.
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Wow! I did not expect Isla and Darius to be what they are!!!
    Explains a lot why Penny went missing when she was a child. Aaah how will she get out of this situation now!
    Excited for the next chapters. <3

She's got a lot on her plate now! And she'd rather dump the entire plate in the trash and order pizza.
    Ooooh so that's what you meant! I love it! Fairies are a great addition to this story. It's a shame they aren't an actual life state yet.

You're telling me! Let me go cry quietly in a corner for a bit...

Next chapter is finished and will be up tomorrow! It's another Lysander one. :#
    uduVcAP.png
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Hey @LadyLobster ! I've added your story to my links page. :)
    edited February 2017
    Thank you so much, @pronterus! I'm honored! (And in VERY good company so far. ;) *nudges @DreamsInPixels *)
    uduVcAP.png
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    @LadyLobster @Kamio Yeah I was very confused :D ...I was like...I didn't post here.... :D
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Thank you so much, @pronterus! I'm honored! (And in VERY good company so far. ;) *nudges @DreamsInPixels *)

I'm so happy and honored to be linked on the same page as your story @LadyLobster :love:

So thank you @pronterus for boosting my confidence!
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    @LadyLobster & @LadyJester - Bahahahhahahahahhahaha! I laughed so hard I am crying. Whoops!
    Another morning, another update! Here's the latest chapter:

If you like butlers and bathrooms, you will probably like this chapter. Maybe. Enjoy!
    uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sure where to fit this comment in, but it needs to be said so I'll just plunk it down awkwardly right here: that toilet is a riot :D

I love being inside Lysander's head...he reminds me a lot of Bianca, actually!
    Penny and Lysander are so cute together they make me need to snuggle a puppy; Penny still has all her walls up, but plummit, she's trying to sort of connect with her brother.
    I looked at the dirty dishes, conflicted
    I'm still giggling about that like an idiot; you are so lovable Lysander, what are we going to do with you?
    I could see this pair teemed up for a buddy comedy on TV...looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops!
    If they survive Isla and Darius, that is :o

Edit: Apparently this was my 100th comment! How shall I celebrate?!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    I'm not sure where to fit this comment in, but it needs to be said so I'll just plunk it down awkwardly right here: that toilet is a riot :D

I love being inside Lysander's head...he reminds me a lot of Bianca, actually!

That toilet cracked me too. And the mirrored walls make it even more horrifying.

I don't think Lysander realizes just how much he's butler to the bone at this point, or how many of Bianca's quirks and opinions have rubbed off on him over the years. He sort of sees his sister through Bianca's eyes too--if he didn't work for Bianca, I wonder if he'd pay as close attention to all of Penny's "rough edges."

Congrats on the 100th post! Clearly you deserve a present:
    9asVxTI.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Ahhhh! Cliffhanger!

I love hearing from Lysander. He's such a butler. LOL! :lol:

This line: Anger—an emotion I thought I’d thoroughly buried years ago—flared in my chest, tangled up with a fierce protectiveness. I’d kill both of them if I had to.

He's now warring with Byron for my favorite character! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    He is such a butler! After I first moved the three of them into the Blackwell estate and renovated the basement for Byron and Bianca, I was getting so frustrated because Byron's toys in his bedroom kept vanishing. And the next time I put more down, I caught Lysander hauling a giant purple stuffed monster up to the attic, where there was a toy chest. I had to delete the chest so Lysander would stop cleaning up Byron's stuff every time I wasn't looking!
    He's now warring with Byron for my favorite character! :love:

I'm so glad to hear you're really liking him now! I was worried I'd taken too long to make him go from a question mark to an actual person. But I really love making him interact with Penny and fuss over butler-y things.
    uduVcAP.png
    :love: I love my present!! :love:

*searches for dollar coins to pitch at Darius*
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    :love: I love my present!! :love:

*searches for dollar coins to pitch at Darius*

I hope those coins don't have any iron in them. ;) Unless this is a plot to weaken him and drag him back to your Amazon tribe. ...Good planning!
    uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Lol! I can see Lysander undoing all your sets in the name of cleanliness! Hilarious! :lol: Can't wait for the escape!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Canadian dollar coins are (according to google) made of multi-ply brass-plated steel...and as I understand it, iron is an element of steel? So I'm going to say: YES! Mwahaha; fear my unintentional fairy weakening rain of terror >:)

It's worth mentioning that I do, in fact, already have an (occupied and possibly iron) metal cage set up on my Amazon lot; but it's very roomy, Darius, the more the merrier!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Well Penny you might be done with then, but they're not done with you!
    Curses I was getting all happy about the Lysander and Bianca reunion. I wonder what kind of punishment she'll think of?
    It's worth mentioning that I do, in fact, already have an (occupied and possibly iron) metal cage set up on my Amazon lot; but it's very roomy, Darius, the more the merrier!
    Yes, but are there snails? Darius can probably be bribed. ;)
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Well Penny you might be done with then, but they're not done with you!
    Curses I was getting all happy about the Lysander and Bianca reunion. I wonder what kind of punishment she'll think of?

The reunion will be a bit delayed, I think. >:) But that will just make it more satisfying in the end, right...? At least Penny and Lysander are getting some good bonding time in!

Update tomorrow. You all can look forward to an abomination of an outfit on poor Byron. He tries so hard...
    uduVcAP.png
    Are there snails! B)
    02-16-17_3-06-57c2a0pm.png
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Are there snails! B)
    02-16-17_3-06-57c2a0pm.png

HELP I'm dying (and without a sacrificial pool's help)
    uduVcAP.png
  • mollymooncatmollymooncat Posts: 2 New Member
    @LadyLobster This story is the best. I binged through it and love all the hilarious mix-ups and personalities you've written! It's refreshing to see vampires who are naive and innocent (as world-weary as they think they are). Byron's a winner-- he's so adorable you just have to love him, and you've made Bianca an impressively likeable character, for all her flaws (in the last two chapters especially; seeing her own vulnerability and Lysander's view of her really made me root for her more than I've already been). The fairy twist caught me utterly by surprise-- on the one hand it was a pleasant twist that I never saw coming, on the other, perhaps it would've been even more satisfying with a bit more foreshadowing (though the vegetable thing was cool!) On the other hand, I love how you used Penny's feelings to do some reader misdirection ('I just trust them; they're the ones that are there for me...'). It's cool to see a character's feelings subverted that way and more advanced than usual writing that you even thought about it! (Though from Byron and Bianca it should probably be clear that you can't trust anyone's POV completely :) ). I'm curious to see if the fairies are full-on antagonists or something more complicated-- stealing Penny was awful, and taking away her memories (and the fact that they brushed that away so easily makes me wonder if they're lying), and their sense of morality seems quite skewed. On the other hand, they seem to genuinely care for Penny, in their way. Whichever way you take it, I'm terribly excited to see what becomes of them! :D