Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Completely delete alien disguise?

Hey there! :)

Since I've never really played with aliens (and am also impatiently waiting for the new GP to be released), I decided to finally create a bunch of them in CAS. But even though the disguise is an interesting feature, I don't want them to have one.
I'm a perfectionist when it comes to making Sims (and also incredibly slow in basically everything, lol), and creating a disguise for all of them therefore would take ages. Also, I simply prefer the alien look.
I know they either can wear or sort of remove it later in live mode, but is there a way to completely delete it? So that they only have one form to appear in? Thanks in advance! :)
Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    AFAIK, you can't. Even if it were possible, sometimes alien townies switch to their disguise (like "tourists" at the lab) and then a random disguise is generated.
    You don't need to work on a disguise, CAS will generate a random one anyway.
  • Options
    Curls4LifeCurls4Life Posts: 70 Member
    You can't, as of yet, delete your alien's disguise. Given that you can with Vampires, they might add the ability in a future update.

For me personally, I just leave all my alien sims in their pure form, completely ignoring their disguises. In fact, with my main alien sim, I've never seen what his disguise looks like :smiley:
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Thank you for your answers! Guess I'll handle it your way then, @Curls4Life. :)
  • Options
    REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    One of the alien sims that I played kept his disguise on the entire time I played him, all through dating his girlfriend, and even until after their wedding night. The disguise was blown on the honeymoon. She was a teensy-weensy bit upset, but HEY! ... achievement unlocked!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Human form is the real body, you can't delete it but you can delete the Alien form.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    You can choose to never activate the disguise, which will have the same effect. Alien Sims don't use the disguise autonomously, as far as I know. If you choose this route, I highly recommend the shameless reward trait. Undisguised aliens constantly get embarrassed moodlets from being discovered.
  • Options
    thezooqueenthezooqueen Posts: 35 Member
    You can make a human sim look like an alien, and then give the sim the alien trait with cheats
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I created a group of aliens that landed in OS. They walk around outside in their (goofy because aliens might make some strange choices like a child might) human disguises. They came to observe earth because a group of humans landed on their planet years ago in the Lunar Lakes area.
  • Options
    Human form is the real body, you can't delete it but you can delete the Alien form.
    Didn't know that! May I ask how?
  • Options
    Didn't know that! May I ask how?

I disagree. I believe the alien form is the base form as it comes up when you click create an alien. The disguise is the one you must click to activate. If you don't want aliens in disguise, don't click to have them change into it. I don't recall them changing into their disguises on their own.

I've been thinking about recreating the Smith family from S2 Strangetown. I always liked playing that family. The alien who comes to Earth and falls in love and starts a family doing all the "honeydo" chores all husbands do.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I disagree. I believe the alien form is the base form as it comes up when you click create an alien. The disguise is the one you must click to activate. If you don't want aliens in disguise, don't click to have them change into it. I don't recall them changing into their disguises on their own.

I've been thinking about recreating the Smith family from S2 Strangetown. I always liked playing that family. The alien who comes to Earth and falls in love and starts a family doing all the "honeydo" chores all husbands do.
    I remember that I had some townies who were alien but only had a human form. Maybe they were part-aliens? Ahh, you're giving me nostalgic feels. Loved every family in Strangetown, it was also my most favorite neighborhood of all time. :blush: Good idea!
  • Options

I remember that I had some townies who were alien but only had a human form. Maybe they were part-aliens? Ahh, you're giving me nostalgic feels. Loved every family in Strangetown, it was also my most favorite neighborhood of all time. :blush: Good idea!

I'm thinking about having an all Sims 2 save where I recreate every household in S2 and place them in a S4 world. For instance, the Smiths would live in Oasis Springs next door to the Grunts.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Or, they're the special case in which they're just aliens not from Sixam? ;)

I actually have an alien exactly as you describe uploaded to the Gallery under my profile, along with her vampire husband. Both were townies the game generated. Lucky me!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    meubanks wrote: »
    You can choose to never activate the disguise, which will have the same effect. Alien Sims don't use the disguise autonomously, as far as I know. If you choose this route, I highly recommend the shameless reward trait. Undisguised aliens constantly get embarrassed moodlets from being discovered.

I feel so sorry for my aliens ingame. I never use disguises and there are many aliens running around in my towns. Whenever they meet new people they always get these uncomfortable buffs from being discovered. Maybe Bob wasn't sure that Kaj was a alien when he first saw her but the silver skin and glowing grey eyes could perhaps have been a hint. For my game this is a really irritating feature, I never let my aliens hide because I enjoy having all of them as their colorful selves.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I don't like hiding my alien sims in a disguise either though there is no way of deleting the human disguise. I only hid them in their human form and used erase memory just to get the achievement. Any other time they are causally strolling in their true form.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    Can MC Command maybe delete the alien part of the sim?