Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Maera wrote: »
    When you're going about your day, and thinking that you're 'greening up' your needs.

Definitly!
    When you start to analayze your feelings in moodlets terms.
    I hate to admit this because it makes me sound even crazier than normal but once when we were at the mall we were in a clothes store and I said out loud "Connor would look great in this" Matthew my 14 year looked at me like I was a nut. :o

:lol:
    Btw, Everything would look good on Conor... :blush:
  • You know youre The Sims 3 addicted when your story last for 4 years and you still planing new drama :-) and you like ur characters and their children :-P
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Maera wrote: »
    When you're going about your day, and thinking that you're 'greening up' your needs.

Definitly!
    When you start to analayze your feelings in moodlets terms.
    Or you can almost see that big red plumbob floating above your head when you're not having a good time :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    edited February 2017
    Oh my goodness.....i need to post again...I just... :worried:

You know you're addicted when you go into your kitchen to get a glass of water and end up opening your cutlery draw and just stare into it for a few seconds before realising that you actually was supposed to get a glass....and then water.....not a fork or spoon.... :sweat:

....I've been playing Sims so much that I've actually.....turned into a glitch! :flushed::confounded::lol::wink:

My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
    When you discover the word for yes in Portuguese is "sim" (and i'm not portuguese), when you discover there is a basketball player named Michael Sims (and i'm not a sports fan) and when the little memory card of the cellphone called "sim" and all these facts suddenly excites you. :smile:
    When you play so many hours and suddenly when you go to the bathroom/drink water you remember there is an actual world outside. The surprise feeling ... :lol:
    You starting to categorize people in real life based on their traits, (family oriented, hot headed, loner etc..) and feel content when they socialize as expected.
  • AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    when you ship Robert Castor x Beau Merrick! Kupo!

can I have an explantion for this? I didn't get any word of your comment, sorry :flushed: Is it just me?
  • AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member

can I have an explantion for this? I didn't get any word of your comment, sorry :flushed: Is it just me?

I think Anvilshipping (AKA Robert Castor x Beau Merrick) are the BEST COUPLE - no, sorry - BEST THING - of all time. Kupo!

And Kupo's just my catchphrase, kupo.

And why do I ship Anvilshipping? Because I think it's MY DESTINY! KUPO!
    Oh my goodness.....i need to post again...I just... :worried:

You know you're addicted when you go into your kitchen to get a glass of water and end up opening your cutlery draw and just stare into it for a few seconds before realising that you actually was supposed to get a glass....and then water.....not a fork or spoon.... :sweat:

....I've been playing Sims so much that I've actually.....turned into a glitch! :flushed::confounded::lol::wink:

I have a new glitch of my own: yesterday when I played i had this bug when you cant interact with other sim, there is only the "wake up" interaction even when the sim is totally awake. Anyway it resolved eventually by edit town. Today i am at work, super tired and barely interacting with co-workers, even though i am awake, and keep thinking - i wish i could just reset myself in edit town like i did with my sim yesterday...
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    @JoAnne65 if I find a house I want to recreate, instead of taking pictures I will use Google Earth (GE) to get a look at it. Sometimes I do that on my desktop and take pics of my screen on my tablet so I can reference it while I build.

I'm too self-conscious to take pictures of someone else's house from my car or where ever. Makes me feel like a stalker. :D

Good idea! I have sometimes found myself late at night surreptitiously trying to take a picture of a house from my car, hoping that no one sees me.

aricarai wrote: »
    ... you want to expand your front room with the hand tool by a couple of squares for extra space and then CASt everything to change the look, feel, and atmosphere.

My OCD seriously plays up sitting in the front room of my flat...hurts my eyes! :lol:

The other day I was wondering how much more rent I would have to pay if I added another room to my apartment. But then I thought about how odd it would look jutting out into the parking lot.

laydayway wrote: »
    you know your'e a sims addict when yous see a pieces of furniture in a store and scream out THATS IN THE SIMS!!!!

I was in the mall once and saw a chair and excitedly thought, “that’s Werkbunnst!”

when you play so long you can see the sun coming up

I’ve done that more than once.

When you hear someone on the radio doing their own song in English and you cry out --That’s the Sims!

When you’re driving around and you suddenly wish you could see your neighborhood in aerial view.

When you see people on the street and think --they look like Sims somehow, or he’s moving in a very Sims like way.

When you’re two operating systems behind on your Macbook and you don’t upgrade because you are afraid it will screw up your game.
    edited February 2017
    When your'e thinking: "wow I realy need a vaction. maybe to travell somewhere."
    So you download a new world. :lol:
  • Animal70Animal70 Posts: 45 Member
    When your computer malfunctions and you suffer withdrawal... :( And to add insult to injury, your spouse plays Sims 3 on his/her perfectly good computer in the next room and you start salivating like Pavlov's dog because your hands are inching towards the mouse and the keyboard of your spouse's computer...

...and he/she asks you "what are you doing?"

...or you have a computer that you're borrowing from your kid...and you get frustrated because you have the Sims 3 on disc and there is no CD-ROM drive. *boo-hiss* What idiot company sells a computer with NO optical drive?
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    when literally all you talk about with your friends is the sims!
  • TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    When you're thinking about checking you're crush's friendships and then you remember that you can't check because you're not in the sims.
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    When you find youself extremely drawn to some person you see irl because they look like a sim you created, and you think you have a deep connection to them because of that... It happened to me sometimes... I almost say hello but think it would be creepy :D
    edited February 2017
    When you find youself extremely drawn to some person you see irl because they look like a sim you created, and you think you have a deep connection to them because of that... It happened to me sometimes... I almost say hello but think it would be creepy :D

Oh my god - I had this exact thing too!!!
    I created my dream guy in the sims long time ago. and one time I was in some event and there was a guy that looked almost exactly like him! we even had a chance to talk a little that was cool (when I think about it he also shared some of my sim traits. and I'm not talking about some pudding-face sim with some common random traits. no, my sim has a distinct look in my opinion).

(it's so nice to know i'm not the only wirdow and there's a place I can talk about these stuff :lol: )
  • HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    When you are at work and you are thinking about legacy families instead of what you are supposed to be doing at work. :s
    2dihvli.png
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    To add: when you're in a restaurant and CANNOT stop staring at a young woman who looks exactly like Angela Pleasant, ski nose and all.

Omg I find myself saying all the time "that person looks like a sim" Verbally more then mentally. One too many times in public
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I know I had been playing too much recently when out walking my dog and in the distance were the hills and I just thought to myself "if you could flatten that in landscape mode, you could build some nice stuff up there!"
  • Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    When you're on a date and you look around the restaurant and say "I'm going to build this on Sims". Thankfully he already knows about my obsession :lol:

(I do so love this thread. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one, I can relate to so much you guys/girls post, :smiley: love my fellow simmers!)
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Animal70Animal70 Posts: 45 Member
    You realize that your Sim can be financially rewarded by designing and building on empty lots and embark feverishly on building houses and selling them - the undisclosed "Real Estate Developer" career track.

Yes...my game has turned into "How much § can my Sim accumulate building homes and driving property values up so that the poor NPC Sims are driven out of Sunset Valley..." BWA HA HA HA HA ~cue evil laughter~.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top