Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Resolutions (Full Screen)?

Hi all,

I have a 11.6" MacBook Air, and I usually play the game at 1280x720. I would like to set some custom resolutions, like 1024x576.

Is this possible in any way? :)

Thank you in advance,
Alex
thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png

Comments

• Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm not sure if you can add custom resolutions to the game listing or not, however, you CAN simply go into windowed mode and then just resize the game window to be whatever size you want. :)

Edit: For fullscreen, not that I've ever seen for just one program. Are you trying to make the interface bigger? I've seen programs for a custom system resolution, but never one program. Despite being the same aspect ratio, a custom fullscreen resolution that is anything other than your native monitor size will result in distortion and severe graphical quality loss, as the game will just stretch out to fill the screen.
    Post edited by Nearia35 on
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    edited January 2017
    Nearia35 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you can add custom resolutions to the game listing or not, however, you CAN simply go into windowed mode and then just resize the game window to be whatever size you want. :)

Edit: For fullscreen, not that I've ever seen for just one program. Are you trying to make the interface bigger? I've seen programs for a custom system resolution, but never one program. Despite being the same aspect ratio, a custom fullscreen resolution that is anything other than your native monitor size will result in distortion and severe graphical quality loss, as the game will just stretch out to fill the screen.

Thank you for your help @Nearia35. I was just trying to see what options there are (just messing around) as it runs the Sims at 1280x720 and 1336x768 perfectly. Was just curious whether it would make a difference if I lowered the resolution while I was playing in full screen. :)

I decided to stay with the factory resolutions. :)
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png