Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited December 2016
    I recently installed University Life and have sent a sim there to test it out and to "steal" townies as fillers for future saves. While I was there, I found several sims that were pleasing to the eye. I did, of course, have to tweak them a little because all sims I play must pass my gender swap test - if they don't look good as either gender, chances are their offspring of the opposite gender will suffer. Anyway, I got to thinking that this might make a fun genetic game for me. I have now started a new save with Jensen as my main sim and he is currently at uni making friendships with the ultimate goal of inviting them over, one at a time, and having babies with them. This is Jensen. I picked him because, of all the sims I have made, I love his eyes the most :)
    25hkggg.jpg
    Jensen has finished meeting some males at uni and I will start my baby making part of the game tomorrow (hopefully). I haven't decided which of these two sims I will use first. Below are CAS pics of Eddy Mullis and C*id Serverus (his first name is censored for some reason), in their original form, tweaked form and gender switched

Eddy Mullis
    8xqady.jpg
    2wp5som.jpg
    no6lnt.jpg

C Serverus
    2agvs00.jpg
    2wcjsl4.jpg
    2j3ky8h.jpg
    I decided on C*id Serverus as the first baby daddy. Jensen and C*id's 2 kids are now teens. I have a thread chock-full of pics in Stories and Legacies if anyone is interested. Jensen's University Genetics Baby Game can be found here :)
    First born was a girl. Her name is Eda.
    9iu3j7.jpg
    24lv9fa.jpg
    9usp52.jpg
    As you can see in Eda's teen pic, there are many more kids in the household already

The second child was a son, Hob
    2en21jm.jpg
    2uj3zbc.jpg
    20jo2sx.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @PlumDiddy I really love what UL brings to the game. I admit that the actual university experience is quite boring for me because I would rather have my sims at home producing babies and getting on with life but even so there are some fun moments while they are there. The new interactions, the bowling and coffee shops and I am sure there are other things I am not remembering off the top of my head make UL an absolute must for me now. I don't think you would be disappointed.
    Thanks for the lovely comments :) I am thinking Tricia is the lucky one - my sims are the prizes in my game LOL
    My experience is that University life is less boring when you allow your sim to take their time where graduating is concerned. I really like how the atmosphere and other sims pull you into a partying and celebrating life kind of mood there. I thought it was just me, but following stories of other people's students taught me it is not, a lot of people give their sims the 'proper' students life :p (including being introduced to the game between sexes) It takes several semesters for your sim to graduate so I vary. One semester is for partying and living the student's life, the next is for cramming. As for gameplay the latter indeed is more boring.

ET: great job on tweaking Eddy and Cid! They're still the same guys but better.

edit: How did the name of a premade townie, named by EA themselves, end up like 'plum' here :| Can't imagine why either....
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2017
    @JoAnne65 I might have found the uni experience less boring if I had sent more than one sim. I have huge problems with an empty household - if the number falls below 5 I am wondering what to do with all my time and end up FF through many things. Believe me, my sim partied hard while at uni because he was on a mission to find baby daddies and he managed to get an excellent grade for the 2 semesters he attended. Because I had but the one sim, I had to FF through the classes but the social aspects of uni life were definitely my cup of tea :)
    Thanks :) I found there were several sims there, including Eddy and C*id that I felt would have great potential for my game. So far I have been right :)
    edited January 2017
    Yes, to me it felt they finally got the hang of their own CAS at EA's when they created the sims for the campus :p I love playing just one sim myself I must say. Being able to completely focus on them. Filling time with my sim(s) has never been a problem, one sim day can take a real hour easily, if not more ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @PlumDiddy I really love what UL brings to the game. I admit that the actual university experience is quite boring for me because I would rather have my sims at home producing babies and getting on with life but even so there are some fun moments while they are there. The new interactions, the bowling and coffee shops and I am sure there are other things I am not remembering off the top of my head make UL an absolute must for me now. I don't think you would be disappointed.
    Thanks for the lovely comments :) I am thinking Tricia is the lucky one - my sims are the prizes in my game LOL
    My experience is that University life is less boring when you allow your sim to take their time where graduating is concerned. I really like how the atmosphere and other sims pull you into a partying and celebrating life kind of mood there. I thought it was just me, but following stories of other people's students thaught me it is not, a lot of people give their sims the 'proper' students life :p (including being introduced to the game between sexes) It takes several semesters for your sim to graduate so I vary. One semester is for partying and living the student's life, the next is for cramming. As for gameplay the latter indeed is more boring.

ET: great job on tweaking Eddy and plum! They're still the same guys but better.

edit: How did the name of a premade townie, named by EA themselves, end up like 'plum' here :| Can't imagine why either....

Thanks @JoAnne65 . I plan on installing UL soon. I actually won it in a giveaway @aricarai held back in december :) I never attended college in real life so im pretty excited to experience it through the lives of my sims ;)
    I decided on C*id Serverus as the first baby daddy. Jensen and C*id's 2 kids are now teens. I have a thread chock-full of pics in Stories and Legacies if anyone is interested. Jensen's University Genetics Baby Game can be found here :)
    First born was a girl. Her name is Eda.
    9iu3j7.jpg
    24lv9fa.jpg
    9usp52.jpg
    As you can see in Eda's teen pic, there are many more kids in the household already

The second child was a son, Hob
    2en21jm.jpg
    2uj3zbc.jpg
    20jo2sx.jpg

Love Hob's shirt with the lion on it. gonna go find your thread in stories &legacies now
    edited January 2017
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    My experience is that University life is less boring when you allow your sim to take their time where graduating is concerned. I really like how the atmosphere and other sims pull you into a partying and celebrating life kind of mood there. I thought it was just me, but following stories of other people's students thaught me it is not, a lot of people give their sims the 'proper' students life :p (including being introduced to the game between sexes) It takes several semesters for your sim to graduate so I vary. One semester is for partying and living the student's life, the next is for cramming. As for gameplay the latter indeed is more boring.

ET: great job on tweaking Eddy and plum! They're still the same guys but better.

Thanks @JoAnne65 . I plan on installing UL soon. I actually won it in a giveaway @aricarai held back in december :) I never attended college in real life so im pretty excited to experience it through the lives of my sims ;)
    Wow, that was a great giveaway, congratulations. I did study but that never involved bonfire parties and skinny dipping and keg stands :p
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 I don't have any of the new worlds and have only tried a few EPs so far, even though I own them, but I think you are right in saying that EA finally got the hang of CAS with UL. The sims there do seem to have a lot to offer :)

@PlumDiddy Thanks :) I can't remember where I got the jacket and shirt but I did get it recently probably when following links on friends' simblrs. I hope you enjoy my thread - this save is more fun that I have had in a long while :D
    I went with Eddy for my second baby daddy. He and Jensen had twins, Jackin and Meggy :)

Jackin :)
    2hyiikm.jpg
    2djytk1.jpg
    fy281h.jpg

Meggy :)
    imjllv.jpg
    2el8nsk.jpg
    25849ip.jpg
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited January 2017
    @victoriae350 I love that your sim daughter's name is Riley, I love using that name for girls. Luna is another good one, it's the name of my RL kitty :)

@Mikezumi Jackin's face in the first picture made me laugh. Cute kids :)
  • skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member

I have a set of twins that I think are adorable.

As toddler's
    Screenshot-44_zpswxeqhwey.jpg
    Screenshot-38_zpsflboldfk.jpg
    Screenshot-51_zpsuvj5b4fd.jpg

As children
    Screenshot-77_zpsxdnubvyb.jpg
    j7zqrt.jpg
    @skm36 Oh my gosh! They are like little dolls! <3 What do their parents look like?
    I'll have to grab them. In the mean time I posted Andre and Sable with before and after pic's on my page.
    j7zqrt.jpg
    They even look alike, they're gorgeous!
    5JZ57S6.png

This is the mother of the twins
    Screenshot-153_zpsurqezz9h.jpg

This is the dad on babysitting duty
    Screenshot-43_zpsz10on4tc.jpg
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    @skm36 Beautiful family, the twins are adorable!
    @JoAnne65 Thank you. I think that is why I really loved this set of twins, because they looked so much alike.

@Maera Thank you for the compliment on my family.

@Mikezumi Thank you and I knew the male would catch your eye. :wink:
    j7zqrt.jpg
    @Mikezumi We sure have! <3 *Hugs*
    j7zqrt.jpg
    PlumDiddy wrote: »

Wow, that was a great giveaway, congratulations. I did study but that never involved bonfire parties and skinny dipping and keg stands :p

Thank you. It was a very generous thing for her to do.
    And I must say ive had bonfires and gone skinny dipping and participated in keg stands before... but none of it involved studying ;):D