Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Turjan I really like Calvin's look! I actually prefer eyes that aren't fully open, especially on a male.
    I don't understand how you got eyes that slanted in a different direction. The genes should only come from Morgana and Marcus so that's really weird!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    I don't know, either. Maybe, the game hadn't completely registered Morgana's edits and pulled some scrambled mess from some cache.
    edited November 2019
    Some townie offspring for today. This is Maricela Alto, the daughter of Holly Alto and Miraj Alvi, who I happened to catch the moment she aged up to teen. It's funny that she seems to have got Iqbal's hair :smirk: .
    hcl0Rh5.jpg
    o4EgrBx.jpg
    @Turjan You can always use Consort Hair Colour to give her hair colour from either of her parents :D
    Maricela seems to be a nice blend of Holly and Miraj.
    edited November 2019
    Yup, I have that mod installed. I kind of like that hair on her, but I guess the eyebrows should at least be darker. I'll see what I do.

It was just chance that Holly's household failed SP's home inspection, and when I edited the beds in, Maricela ended elementary school with a big fat F. She aged up directly at the school door. Well, at least she saw the building on that day.
    Arlene VanWatson, Madison's and Arlo's youngest daughter (they have three), had her birthday.
    Happy kid and mom.
    tBNkweY.jpg
    v7EppNJ.jpg
    She got the general nose form from her dad and the angle at which it stands out from her mom. The "best" of both worlds, I guess :smirk: .
    Tomorrow, she'll meet the other girls at school.
    tKS81gc.jpg
    Sneak peek.
    SfDL95O.jpg
    3Ah0ip1.jpg
    Yeah...
    @Turjan Happy birthday Arlene! :) I actually think that the nose doesn't look too bad on the toddler and child stages but, oh my!, it doesn't look so good on the sneak peek! :D
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @mikezumi I didn't get your tag from the other day so I was surprised to see Logan show up. He looks really cute with Jamie's blue eyes :smiley:
    @turjan Arlene looks fine as a kid so I sure wasn't expecting the shock under the spoiler :lol:
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Turjan once you said Arlo there was no going back :cold_sweat:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    Yup, Arlo is a special case. However, I underestimated the influence of the grandparents.

I brought Arlo's and Madison's family to Shang Simla, together with Marcus (I planned on taking VJ Alvi, too, but he didn't clear the liking gate). Here are Arlo and Madison as they are at the moment (both full adults).
    UaEeiFy.jpg
    0CTmKZv.jpg
    I remixed Latasha with Madison and Marcus.
    CjTGFHu.jpg
    Now on to Arlo's and Madison's kids.
    Arlene got another shot. I was somewhat irritated by that nose angle, but the result is still much better than before.
    oXaHTqj.jpg
    3EUYT5D.jpg
    Gayle. She blinked (the disembodied head comes from her wearing that "royal court" costume).
    06z9Z8V.jpg
    I kept getting results like this again and again, an overly narrow nose bridge and that hook, and I was stumped where this came from:
    f6JTKJn.jpg
    3XjDb2S.jpg
    Then I remembered that that's Judy's fault.
    Anyway, Jamee's next attempt went better:
    lSWatmF.jpg
    cQrkV7b.jpg
    Both images are of Jamee. Some hairs I must have installed a long time ago suddenly decided to show up, and I had a look at them.
    I guess I can live with those results.
    @Turjan The narrow nose bridge is not at all flattering! The end results are quite pretty :)
    edited November 2019
    Another bunch of Bunch'es, this time Ethan Bunch and Kaylynn Langerak, whose edits I posted further above.
    As a reminder, plus their last son Rocky who is still a child:
    2NIn0Ww.jpg
    w8v38ur.jpg
    This is more about the teens.
    Felicia (Rowan the former plantsim is interested in her):
    JNaSnCi.jpg
    There's this narrow nose bridge again.
    Ali
    pUs5Lxr.jpg
    The somewhat flashy hair distracts a bit from the fact that they are still from the Bunch clan.

Edit: I just noticed that Imgur stealth-removed the first image I had linked. If anything like that happens again, I'd like to know.
    @Turjan Felicia and Ali look great! Looks like they mostly resemble Ethan. Looking forward to seeing them grown up :)
    edited November 2019
    Yup, there's much Ethan in them. I think Ali actually got his mom's nose with that very slight downward curvature and a bit more upright angle.
    IoPYkuR.jpg
    @Turjan Ali's nose is definitely from his mother! I can see it more clearly on that angle.
    Jason and Cait just had a son, Jace. Jason's skin looks really unfortunate on toddlers and children but I don't really mind because it looks good when they grow up. Jace has Jason's eyes and Cait's nose. I think it might also be Cait's mouth but can't be sure unless I look at her as a male.
    49144570951_1e8fd78301_o.jpg

Here's Jason and Cait.
    49144074718_8b65857b3e_o.jpg

Here's a sneak peek at Jace grown up.
    49144074803_f00103dc76_o.jpg
    That's a nice combination. You are right, it doesn't look like Jason's mouth.
    Anne Song and Hank Goddard have two daughters in my game. Both are slightly edited, as seen here:
    APtwJj9.jpg
    Ttl18DH.jpg

Their daughters, Shelsie and Cory, as YA's when they were still children.
    bvXieNg.jpg
    Ns1ZvUn.jpg
    Hank's nose doesn't really look good on females.

Anyway, in game they just became some moody teenagers, and I guess they will keep that look for the time being.
    KpjNbK4.jpg
    BvSG5cM.jpg
    @Turjan Looks like Shelsie is very much like her mother with Hank's mouth and Cory is like Hank with Anne's mouth. You're right about Hank's nose not looking so good on females but it might improve as YA. Teens often have wonky mouths.
    Gwen and Lucas each harvested a plantsim. They were lucky, and Gwen picked a boy while Lucas got a girl, so no boring direct copy. Here's the birthday for both to child. Lucas and Gwen each held their spouse's child btw.
    Passion
    phmlsHq.jpg
    s7XFssE.jpg
    Power
    9lBIohE.jpg
    DwI6ycY.jpg
    Sorry for the stupid names. The first one was supposed to be for "passion flower", but then it went downhill from there.

Anyway, you can clearly see that the boy has Gwen's eyes. It's a bit more difficult to see Lucas in Passion. We'll see when they become teens.
    @Turjan Nice to see the forum looking normal this morning!
    Congrats on the plantsim kids :) It's good they got kids of the opposite gender :)
    I was lucky and just switched back to the main family before Alrik's (the half-alien's) and Pattern's (the IF's) birthday.
    jeX0Ex6.jpg
    l2bjKvC.jpg
    Alrik is pretty much a copy of old-style Marcus, I guess.
    NXKQ4SW.jpg
    I don't know whether he got anything from his alien father, except the alien suit, the skin color and maybe (or maybe not) the shorter nose.

Here is the comparison with Rowan, the former plantsim, who is basically new-style Marcus (which admittedly looks a bit derpy as teen).
    0rQrlFf.jpg
    rtBj4mD.jpg

Not really suitable for this thread, but as the IF (Patterns) also grew up, I might as well post the images here (in spoilers).
    iz6xsbC.jpg
    aEWoBmJ.jpg

edited December 2019
    The second post for today concerns the children of Iqbal Alvi and River McIrish. The latter had a slightly reduced chin from some former edit.
    Here come Alisha, Vanessa and Aisha:
    mZDny30.jpg
    Alisha was mostly if not all River.

aIKPnYA.jpg
    KDgpfQ2.jpg
    Vanessa was mostly Iqbal with River's chin and eyes.
    She fared still better than Aisha:
    tAk7Mn2.jpg
    That's mostly just a female Iqbal.

Now I was sure I took a pic of Iqbal's edit, but there's none to be found. I reduced the square shape of his head and the nose tip somewhat, but I didn't do anything about the point that neither nose nor chin have any definition.
    Anyway, here's River (an adult at the moment), for which I mostly kept her plain look.
    wexGrrS.jpg
    (Edit: The original file triggered Imgur's filter for some reason - maybe too much skin - so I cropped it).

And here are the remixes of the children. Alisha:
    VH9Qnvc.jpg
    To be fair, the original may have looked better, but alas...
    Vanessa
    Jm4qZLo.jpg

Aisha
    gsu26O5.jpg
    She still has her father's pudgy chin and cheeks, but I think I like her better this way.

Edit: I guess an issue may be that they all got Iqbal's eyes. Hmm.
    @Turjan Alrik and Rowan are good looking boys! Patterns is quite cute too :)
    If I ever do a genetic remix I will save a copy to the bin first in case the first mix was the best. The girls look good given their heritage ;) I doubt I would even consider Iqbal or River for genetics in my saves :p
    Thanks. I probably wouldn't have bothered with Iqbal's kids, either, but I gave Lea and Gus, River's twins by Marcus, a remix.
    VqH9anQ.jpg
    9UgCHUn.jpg
    Lea is listening to music, which means that isn't her neutral face.

By the way, I noticed that I may have some kind of slider conflict in my game. Both, Lea and Gus, got this flat nose tip I had with one of Hank Goddard's kids. The moment I touch that slider in CAS, without really moving it, the tip pops out. I guess I have to do that with Hank's daughter, too. I wonder whether those weird clamped nose bridges I sometimes get represent a similar problem.