Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @PlumDiddy I really love what UL brings to the game. I admit that the actual university experience is quite boring for me because I would rather have my sims at home producing babies and getting on with life but even so there are some fun moments while they are there. The new interactions, the bowling and coffee shops and I am sure there are other things I am not remembering off the top of my head make UL an absolute must for me now. I don't think you would be disappointed.
    Thanks for the lovely comments :) I am thinking Tricia is the lucky one - my sims are the prizes in my game LOL

Thanks! I didnt know bowling alleys came with university :o but then again theres so much that I DONT know about the game. I really shouldnt be surprised by that fact anymore.
    chances are, Ill probably get university soon. I want ALL the eps whether they fit my play style or not. But university, ambitions, and maybe showtime are high up there. Im also intersted in island paradise and supernaturals too. Hopefully origin has a sale soon so I can snag a couple and save a few bucks ;)
    Anyway, thanks again for the feedback :)
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @PlumDiddy If you go to http://postimage.org/ you don't have to have an account to upload photos. :)

Oh wow thanks @ChelleJo <3
  • victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
    Totally excited about these genetics :D I found the Avengers and i've been playing with their genetics. Get to look at how they play out x3 Starting with the toddler stage!

Pair #1
    QUr1NeE.jpg

Child
    2rOkIXf.jpg

Pair #2
    irDscUO.jpg

Child
    ZwhkCS5.jpg

Pair #3
    V8B6XFF.jpg

Child
    14SXBpI.jpg

I used DNA from two Sims to make a baby at the hospital. I think it came from a mod i installed? I borrowed Clint (bottom photo - guy closest to camera). And used Natasha :)
    VESFLGM.jpg
    C7TXc3h.jpg

Child
    hwEYBug.jpg

There's one more couple but they just had their baby. So hopefully tomorrow x) My computer crashed at the tail end of quitting so idk if that'll affect the save.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @victoriae350 The toddlers are adorable! I can't wait until they are bigger to see who they most resemble :)
    Sorry about the crash :( ... hope you didn't lose much
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    @PlumDiddy I really love what UL brings to the game. I admit that the actual university experience is quite boring for me because I would rather have my sims at home producing babies and getting on with life but even so there are some fun moments while they are there. The new interactions, the bowling and coffee shops and I am sure there are other things I am not remembering off the top of my head make UL an absolute must for me now. I don't think you would be disappointed.
    Thanks for the lovely comments :) I am thinking Tricia is the lucky one - my sims are the prizes in my game LOL

Thanks! I didnt know bowling alleys came with university :o but then again theres so much that I DONT know about the game. I really shouldnt be surprised by that fact anymore.
    chances are, Ill probably get university soon. I want ALL the eps whether they fit my play style or not. But university, ambitions, and maybe showtime are high up there. Im also intersted in island paradise and supernaturals too. Hopefully origin has a sale soon so I can snag a couple and save a few bucks ;)

@PlumDiddy - after new EPs you say? :mrgreen: I'm hosting a giveaway for EPs and SPs on my simblr, but decided to open it up to the forums too. You're more than welcome to enter if interested, just shoot me a message.

I love genetics in the game, I should really play with them more, but I spend most of my time building and decorating. I must rectify that as a New Year's resolution.
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @victoriae350, what mod did you use to combine the DNA of 2 sims at the hospital?
    aricarai wrote: »
    PlumDiddy wrote: »

@PlumDiddy - after new EPs you say? :mrgreen: I'm hosting a giveaway for EPs and SPs on my simblr, but decided to open it up to the forums too. You're more than welcome to enter if interested, just shoot me a message.

I love genetics in the game, I should really play with them more, but I spend most of my time building and decorating. I must rectify that as a New Year's resolution.

Oh right on! Gonna do that now
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    @Mikezumi Nice to see you, too! I haven't been on the forums in forever

@MoonandStars83 I looked her up and I can definitely see the resemblance. Pretty cool :)
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
    New Genetics.

Bruce Banner + Simself
    Elise - Child
    0GYEHIh.jpg

Trucy
    O0QFt2o.jpg

Natasha
    4Pyl7dG.jpg

Clint Barton + Katie

Nathaniel
    ZX2rdV6.jpg

Thor + Female Sim (I don't remember his wife's name)

James
    I1ou4OL.jpg

Pepper Potts + Tony Stark

Tony Jr.
    N9qxPJw.jpg

Natasha + Clint (DNA randomization at the hospital)

Ada - Child
    1viybZ1.jpg

Alexander
    K8bn19Q.jpg

@victoriae350 The kids are truly adorable! It's nice to see some of them a little bigger than last time. Looking forward to their next age ups :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited December 2016
    @victoriae350 Super cute kids! Can't wait to see them when they are older! :)

@PHOEBESMOM601 shared a story in another thread and I read the story and decided to finish out Alice's life. So I did not create Alice. She is from this story. At the end of the story is a link to download and continue the story. In my save, she's gotten together with Conner Frio. I gave him a very slight makeover (CC Skin and different hair). I've given Alice a bit more of a makeover (CC Skin, hair, and clothes).

Alice:

Screenshot_352.jpg

Conner Frio: (I realize I don't have a great picture of him. :(

Screenshot_368.jpg

Their twins, Kane and Kiki.

Kane:

Screenshot_389.jpg

Kiki:

Screenshot_391.jpg

Kane is just a doll. I can't wait to see what he'll look like when he's older.

Oops. ETA: I was gonna say, but forgot. Kane got Alice's CC Skin and Kiki got her father's CC Skin. I really liked that.
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo It doesn't matter that you don't have a good pic of Connor because I am sure most of us know what he looks like ;)
    Alice is cute - I must admit I am partial to freckles :) Kane and Kiki are really sweet. I can see why you are partial to Kane! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing them grown :)
    More children!

Simself + Bruce
    Little Ben
    iWFSqRq.jpg

Little Meredith
    THOqthh.jpg

Trucy - Child
    m3JKXQV.jpg

Natasha - Child
    l0ivl25.jpg

Natasha + Clint (DNA Randomization)
    Alexander
    6EPOya7.jpg

Pepper + Tony
    i6c3fPj.jpg
    5nTLsO5.jpg
    RxsVnIX.jpg

Clint + Kate
    cNzYt2S.jpg
    R36bA7x.jpg

Thor + Midouri
    FDGNWBm.jpg
    N4yRpka.jpg
    @victoriae350 The kids are coming thick and fast and are all very cute! Thanks for sharing :)
  • abeabe Posts: 79 Member
    @Mikezumi thats such a beautiful family!
    tumblr_oj8nzqc5iR1vx1p03o1_500.jpg
    Check out my legacies and sims at windsorsims.tumblr.com/!
    @abe Thank you :) I love seeing the families of others as much as I love sharing pics of my own. I look forward to seeing pictures from you when you are a member. Happy Simming :)
  • PJAlexisPJAlexis Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2016
    Wow guys, all your kiddies are so pretty. I love seeing how genetics work too.

In my current household, here is the mum:
    39uTLJP.jpg

Here's Dad and Grandad (Isaac Luck):
    nMRO2on.jpg

And they have three kids. The two girls are twins. I think I can definitely see that the twin on the right looks more like her mum, while the other girl and their big brother take more after their dad. But I can't see any prominent features yet because I knew nothing about using sliders when creating the first generation.

kT31DfL.jpg
    Xi8cv0k.jpg
    5wS3ExQ.jpg
    j5PQC1Z.jpg

Edit: The red-head is the grandma. Both grandma and grandad are paternal grandparents.
    YES! I'm finally legit enough to have a signature. I'd like to thank God, my parents and EA for this opportunity.
    @PJAlexis Thanks for sharing pics of your family! They are delightful :) Seeing 3 generations living together is my idea of fun :) Looking forward to seeing the kids as they grow :)
  • PJAlexisPJAlexis Posts: 38 Member
    @mikezumi Thank you! Yeah, I've never really played with Elder Sims before this point, I'm usually busy off making the next generation- but I'm really loving that life stage. But yes, it'll be fun to see how they look once they become teens. :D
    YES! I'm finally legit enough to have a signature. I'd like to thank God, my parents and EA for this opportunity.
    Everyone has awesome families ^^

More genetics!

Bruce + Simself

Elise - Teen
    WxGQwmp.jpg

Riley - Toddler
    lYDOczr.jpg

Luna - Toddler
    aZtgHLI.jpg

Elizabeth - Toddler
    KlfNJmr.jpg

Ben - Child
    4Bk0QXJ.jpg

Meredith - Child
    8gwo3eV.jpg

Trucy - Teen
    E8oEY5f.jpg

Natasha - Teen
    vBASaNc.jpg

Natasha + Clint (DNA Randomization at hospital)
    eOwsIX8.jpg
    z9whKBn.jpg

Thor + Midouri
    RcmyDgf.jpg

Pepper + Tony
    DhdphHX.jpg
  • aamaya31aamaya31 Posts: 39 Member
    Genetics are my favorite thing about the game! I'm all about creating my own generations of sims. I'm terrible at creating so I use some of my genius fellow simmer's creations then start my own blends. It get right where I want it in the 3rd or 4th gen :smile:
    I would post pics but I don't have enough points yet I think :neutral:
    Right now I'm still working on my 2nds gens
    edited December 2016
    @victoriae350 Wow! Teens already! You must play a really short life span or you must play a lot! LOL The kids are looking really great ... thanks for sharing :)

@aamaya31 That sounds like great fun! I prefer to make my own sims or tweak townies that I think have potential. I have seen some stunners that other creators have made but I don't have additional sliders in my game yet and they would not look the same for me.
    Looking forward to when you are able to post as generational games are my cup of tea! Welcome to the forum and welcome to my thread :)
    Edit to add: I lie! I downloaded a cleft chin slider the other day but haven't used it. Some sim faces just would not be complete without a cleft but I haven't decided which of my sims needs it yet.
  • ChanticoChantico Posts: 793 Member
    Nice thread! Hi everyone *waves* I must say I've enjoyed looking at how genetics work in everyone's games. Keep the pictures coming :D As for my experience , I often got clones when I played the game. Sims got mixed features from their parents after a couple of generations. Unfortunately , I haven't played the game for ages, so I can't share any pictures with you but I'd like to get back into simming! :)
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
    Hi @Chantico :) I seem to get less clones these days but I still get them. It's not so bad when the clone is of the opposite gender as the translation between genders is enough to make them different enough to play, although a clone is still a clone and they tend to be married off and kicked out.
    I hope you do get back into simming and, if you do, I would enjoy seeing your families :D