Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can my mac run the Sims 4

u3bKtyz.png

Can my mac run the sims 4 please help me.
Origin Id: ActuallySammy

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Maybe, but you definitely want more Memory as the game gets very graphic intensive and if you add in CC and other EPs and SPs it will slow down. And you'll probably have to keep the graphics on low settings. Please note that MacBook Airs are not gaming computers.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Also be aware that it's quite likely you'll have heat issues - your fan will probably stay on full-blast for most of your simming time. The Air is so small and uses so little power that it simply doesn't have room for a larger, faster spinning fan(s).

Intel HD graphics are built into the processor, and due to the aforementioned heat, the processor may get throttled down to it's abysmal base clock speed of 1.6GHz, so performance will suffer.

Lastly, please do not push your laptop beyond what it candle. If it struggles, keep the settings turned back as low as possible, and play in a window as small as you can handle. The Air is most certainly not intended for any kind of 3D anything, nevermind gaming. Laptops in general are extremely expensive to repair, even moreso since it's an Apple product. If it overheats and takes on damage, it may end up being cheaper to replace the computer with something else rather than getting it fixed.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    Maybe, but you definitely want more Memory as the game gets very graphic intensive and if you add in CC and other EPs and SPs it will slow down. And you'll probably have to keep the graphics on low settings. Please note that MacBook Airs are not gaming computers.
    Nearia35 wrote: »
    Also be aware that it's quite likely you'll have heat issues - your fan will probably stay on full-blast for most of your simming time. The Air is so small and uses so little power that it simply doesn't have room for a larger, faster spinning fan(s).

Intel HD graphics are built into the processor, and due to the aforementioned heat, the processor may get throttled down to it's abysmal base clock speed of 1.6GHz, so performance will suffer.

Lastly, please do not push your laptop beyond what it candle. If it struggles, keep the settings turned back as low as possible, and play in a window as small as you can handle. The Air is most certainly not intended for any kind of 3D anything, nevermind gaming. Laptops in general are extremely expensive to repair, even moreso since it's an Apple product. If it overheats and takes on damage, it may end up being cheaper to replace the computer with something else rather than getting it fixed.

Thank you both of you i am getting the game for Christmas and just wanted to make sure my mac could run it.
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy