Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to grow a Sims YouTube channel?

Comments

• Options
    GuriaGuria Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="SimplyErica16;c-16273519"]I suggest creating a youtube channel 100%! I'm just now starting out and I must say, I do enjoy doing it! Although in a year o two I know I'll look back on some of my first videos and think they're very cringey, haha!
    In my opinion, I think it's okay to post videos on EA's content, considering they have people who are out there with tons of subbers (Lilsimsie, for example) who sometimes get free things for doing so! (Free things, as in content and all..)
    If you're just now wanting to start out, I don't suggest even thinking about monetization, in all honesty.. especially with the new rules Youtube has just set down. (The whole having to have 100,000 subs and 40k minutes or hours worth of views to be able to monetize videos to begin with)

But don't let things like monetization being delayed in your youtube career stop you! I suggest it, and I suggest e-mailing me once you start, so we can sub to each other to support each other! And maybe do some collabs in the future!! :]

My business e-mail is simplyerica16@gmail.com[/quote]

Please do watch my channel as wekl
    And do let me give some feedback
    I really want that
    My channel name is MysimsTv
  • Options
    Staralien7Staralien7 Posts: 34 Member
    @Guria Good points! I am not even worried about making money, I am just having fun. I do want subscribers though as part of the fun is having people who will watch your videos and hopefully give you constructive feed back. I have been doing the tutorials for the YouTube Creator Academy and it is actually 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours. That is still a LOT!! :D At this point, my goal is to just reach 20! BTW I would subscribe to your channel, but I can't find it. The link in the Sub for Sub thread doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    titletownbeasttitletownbeast Posts: 17 Member
    I'm thinking about starting a channel for speed builds, machinimas, and CAS videos. I'd love to do lets plays as well when I get comfortable with the rest. Like I've got to improve my building. But I'm nervous about how stupid I might sound in the voiceover...any confidence tips or how to make videos interesting?
  • Options
    FearlessUntamedFearlessUntamed Posts: 22 Member
    I posted my first machinima and will be dedicated my channel to this type of content in the future. My YouTube is FearlessUntamed.

https://youtu.be/v_Amqegn07c

This topic is great! I think we should open some sort of community and support each other, give feedback on each other's vids and etc. Who would be keen?
  • Options
    titletownbeasttitletownbeast Posts: 17 Member
    @FearlessUntamed I would totally be open to that!!!
  • Options
    FearlessUntamedFearlessUntamed Posts: 22 Member
    Maybe we could do a Discord or something? I don't know what works best. Or even just open a specific thread on the forum? What do you think @titletownbeast ?
  • Options
    Samsims1989Samsims1989 Posts: 11 New Member
    I feel like I’m struggling to get subscribers I have 62 at the moment but I feel like other small you tubers I know are growing so quickly! I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong? All I can do is be myself right? Any tips how to grow my channel?x
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I posted my first machinima and will be dedicated my channel to this type of content in the future. My YouTube is FearlessUntamed.

https://youtu.be/v_Amqegn07c

This topic is great! I think we should open some sort of community and support each other, give feedback on each other's vids and etc. Who would be keen?

That was a really well done video. I was not expecting that twist.
  • Options
    WhinyBritWhinyBrit Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi there, new joiner here 😊
    I have created a new channel that is mainly Sims 4 Speed Builds and CAS. I upload 3 times a day at the moment and my views are pretty low.
    Don’t get me wrong I expected this as I have only had this channel for like a week! I was wondering if anyone with a similar channel to mine might be able to give me an idea of what to expect in terms of growth.
    Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqwmtYeuSTET9rSd7dNR_XQ
    Thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this 😊
    If you create Sims content as well then please send me your link as I’m always looking for new videos to watch 😊
  • Options
    Lonnie_SimsLonnie_Sims Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi Everyone!

Here is my brand new The Sims 4 Let's Play

House Flipper Challenge!

Please show some support!

(Also, send me your LPs to check out!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X766sKJwsS0
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    I would love to BLOW UP on YouTube. But until that day happens, I enjoy revisiting all the stuff I learned in school about video editing and producing a TV series. I never realized my dream of becoming a TV producer in the 1990s, so I'm enjoying developing story ideas for Sims series, I have 5 in production. Developing a schedule. Creating blog posts and tweets to promote the channel. And at the end of the day if I'm the only one watching them, its all good.

And, it really spices up my game play too and it keeps my creative juices flowing.

Sometimes I feel like dang, I'm ten years too late, but you know what, I don't know the formula for popularity nor what makes YouTube rank my videos higher or place them on the recommend list. But, I do know the formula for fun and defeating boredom. So, for now, I am not despising the days of small beginnings. I'm grateful for the few views I get, and they are minuscule since I just launched my channel late September 2019.

Happy simming and happy creating y'all.

Super post, love your attitude! And I feel pretty much the same - making series is perfect for those creative juices, and I too see that gameplay get different when producing series. Producing content also means learning both story telling and techniques and routines - mifght be good for something as I'm a writer/mini actor in RL. It's a bit of a let down to get only 10 views on the episode that took me 2 full months to create, but hey ho, even if my channel will never become big, I'll have fun along the way. Making money from this is totally out of the question, though, so only the joy remains :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DiamondSimmer97DiamondSimmer97 Posts: 2 New Member
    I came across this thread feeling the same exact way. I only have 5 subs but I love making videos. I just started a horror story series on my channel and I think it's my niche. I would appreciate anyone who watches. It's called Camp Bristol Cove 1986. It's heavily inspired by 80s teen slasher films. It took me a long time to write and edit and I love how it came out. I'm fairly new at this so I'm sure I have much room to improve as well. I couldn't link it below so my channel is DiamondSimmer.
    The video is called Camp Bristol Cove 1986 A Sims 4 Horror Story.
    Thank you if you take the time out of your day to watch it. You might need to grab a snack too 😉

-DiamondSimmer
  • Options
    Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    @DiamondSimmer97 that sounds like a really cool idea i will check it out, i'm always trying to support new youtubers and see new content and game play styles. i'll try and find your channel. i hope you enjoy what your doing. its very hard trying to grow a youtube channel, i'm still trying myself, but as long as you enjoy what your doing and show it in your video's it will work out.
  • Options
    Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    edited March 2020
    @DiamondSimmer97 ok so i got my snacks ready and now just gotta wait for the show to begin it only 26 hours lol, the thumb nail looks cool tho. look forward to video. loved the dream home speed build. i subbed too.
    Post edited by Lady_LuSsh01 on
  • Options
    DiamondSimmer97DiamondSimmer97 Posts: 2 New Member
    @Lady_LuSsh01 omg thanks for subbing! I've subbed back. I'm glad you liked my video. I have to check yours out too. I love creators supporting creators! I do love making videos. If I stayed at (now 6 subscribers thanks to you) 😁 I would still make videos. I enjoy the creative process. And I love just watching my content grow and get better. I can't wait to watch your videos! Please let me know if you like the horror series when it premieres tomorrow!
  • Options
    WereldvredeWereldvrede Posts: 2 New Member
    How do you guys record your audio? I used OBS to record it now but the sound that comes from it is terrible, even the sounds from the game itself...
  • Options
    SimaholicSimsSimaholicSims Posts: 1 New Member
    It is really disappointing to record and edit something to get very low views. I mean I'm happy to get any views but I would love more. I refuse to give up though, nothing ever comes easily. If anyone want to check out my channel named Simaholic @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC19gtpd4uCEikdei2pbxmgQ?
    You can send me yours to check out as well!
  • Options
    Eleeshaj19Eleeshaj19 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am having trouble too. I have a new series call the fantasy royal family. I thought it would do good, but I am not sure. Fantasy Royal Family is about royal families such as werewolf, vampires, mermaids, elf, and etc.

here is the channel if anyone interested:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiGJ0MTCoW9smWYFpI0A3ytpUgTa_ODW8
  • Options
    Eleeshaj19Eleeshaj19 Posts: 3 New Member
    What I am trying to do is look up how to promote my youtube in instagram and in tumblr. I noticed the trick is hash tags.

here is my youtube channel if anyone interested:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiGJ0MTCoW9smWYFpI0A3ytpUgTa_ODW8
  • Options
    SophPlaysSimsSophPlaysSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Same! I've been posting speedbuilds and a couple of lets plays, but I'm getting very little to no views :( I know they say to post on forums and stuff but most forums ban for that and idk what to do since I really enjoy playing and editing but it has no response... well here is my channel if anyone would like to check it out. Reach me out and I'll check yours out as well! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYqb4Le_faq_g1-tIIePDA/
  • Options
    DioraDiora Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi guys! New to Youtube, Please Check out my channel. Here's a link to my most recent video. :) https://youtu.be/DGwexSg3wCc
  • Options
    KarinaNataliaKarinaNatalia Posts: 3 New Member
    i really love seeing new simmers build themselves up! i didn't think i'd ever start a channel because i'm really awkward on mic, but with the state of the world, i needed something fun to do.

currently working on a Disney inspired royalty LP, but so far i've got a few CAS videos up!

if you wanna check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUOAbNMDiKcXxTUeI-7iGA
  • Options
    Demicompton1Demicompton1 Posts: 22 Member
    I currently started a channel too, I'm doing a rags to riches, I'd love to friend some fellow swimmers for ideas and collabs maybe in the future! I cant post a like to my channel right now though😞
  • Options
    SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    Wow, I find it really inspiring that the person who originally created this thread was asking for tips to grow their youtube channel, and I just checked and he now has 13.3K subscribers! Congrats on sticking to it and creating a successful channel!! It gives me hope that my little youtube channel will one day see some success too :blush:

I've read through the comments and there is some really helpful advice on here! So thank you to everyone who has posted advice on this thread, I will be trying to apply this to my own channel.

Is there anyone else who has seen success on their own youtube channel and would like to share some more tips on how they managed it themselves? I've only recently started my channel, but I have not yet seen too much progress. I know it's still okay early days, but as others have said, even though I'm doing it for fun, it does make it a lot more fun when you have viewers and commenters to interact with...I don't really have much of this yet unfortunately.

I am thinking of updating my thumbnails to something a little better...but any other advice would be super helpful.

My youtube channel is SIMiley Face
  • Options
    jaclynelsakjaclynelsak Posts: 1 New Member
    hi guys! i just started my own channel about 2 weeks ago. it would mean alot to me if any of you reading this could subscribe and check out my channel. its @jaclynelsak thank you so much! anything is very much appreciated