Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better way of getting rid of useless cc?

Hello, I hope everyone is having a great day. <3

Does anyone know a better way of getting rid of useless cc? (If it's a program, I have a mac so it would be nice to have one that works for mac) It really bothers me that I have a lot of cc that doesn't work. Thank you :)

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Only way I know of is to take all of your CC out of the folder and add a little back a bit at a time and then narrow down what works and does not. Sorry, there is no program I know of or another way to do this.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • mayaandjannamayaandjanna Posts: 4 New Member
    Only way I know of is to take all of your CC out of the folder and add a little back a bit at a time and then narrow down what works and does not. Sorry, there is no program I know of or another way to do this.

Oh, okay that's fine! Thanks for your help though :)
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'm really not sure about Mac, I think there may be a beta version of the program for Mac; but you'd have to see.

But my method for clearing out my unwanted CC was to install Sims4TrayImporter:

-After installing, go into Sims 4 and dress a sim (Or multiple) in all of the CC you want to get rid of. Make sure its ONLY wearing the CC you want to delete.
    -After this, save that family to your library and close Sims 4.
    -Open the sims4trayimporter, you'll see the family you just saved to the left, click on it.
    -From there click the CC tab, right click on each file and selecting 'Show containing folder' which will take you to the file in your mods folder, which you can then delete.

Just encase you get these problems:
    -Sometimes you wont be able to delete a file because its 'Open in Sims4trayimporter', just close the importer while you delete that file. Afterwards you can open it back up and you don't have to worry about losing your place, the CC tab will already have gotten rid of the files you deleted before.
    - If you have default skins and eyes that you want to keep, but you can't take them off in order to have a sim wear ONLY the CC you want rid of. Just save a sim with no CC but the default skin and eyes into the library and go through the above steps, just instead, move those files to a safe folder. Then you can open Sims 4 again and start making the 'cc I want to delete' family.

I'd definitely recommend sorting your CC out, and putting any new CC into named folders, so that you don't have to go through this process every time you want to delete 1 or 2 files.
    Tray importer also helps with sorting, e.g. you can make a sim wearing only your CC tops, and then move all the CC its wearing into a 'Tops' folder in your Mods.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member

-After installing, go into Sims 4 and dress a sim (Or multiple) in all of the CC you want to get rid of. Make sure its ONLY wearing the CC you want to delete.
    -Open the sims4trayimporter, you'll see the family you just saved to the left, click on it.
    -From there click the CC tab, right click on each file and selecting 'Show containing folder' which will take you to the file in your mods folder, which you can then delete.

EXACTLY what I do, it's kinda fun, lol
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    You can use Sims 4 Studio to look at and delete CC, item by item. Here is the link for their MAC version:
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/6065/sims-studio-appleseed-open-beta

You have to be a member to use it, but it is free to join.
  • mayaandjannamayaandjanna Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm really not sure about Mac, I think there may be a beta version of the program for Mac; but you'd have to see.

Just encase you get these problems:
    -Sometimes you wont be able to delete a file because its 'Open in Sims4trayimporter', just close the importer while you delete that file. Afterwards you can open it back up and you don't have to worry about losing your place, the CC tab will already have gotten rid of the files you deleted before.
    - If you have default skins and eyes that you want to keep, but you can't take them off in order to have a sim wear ONLY the CC you want rid of. Just save a sim with no CC but the default skin and eyes into the library and go through the above steps, just instead, move those files to a safe folder. Then you can open Sims 4 again and start making the 'cc I want to delete' family.

I'd definitely recommend sorting your CC out, and putting any new CC into named folders, so that you don't have to go through this process every time you want to delete 1 or 2 files.
    Tray importer also helps with sorting, e.g. you can make a sim wearing only your CC tops, and then move all the CC its wearing into a 'Tops' folder in your Mods.

Thanks! I actually knew this and wanted to do it but didnt know if it works for mac. I downloaded it and unfortunately it won't open the app for me. Any help? Thanks.

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You will either have to run it via Terminal or Bootcamp your Mac if there was not a version listed specifically for the Mac.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    The Mac version of the Tray Importer will only run under OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan by the looks of it. Maybe the developer abandoned it?
    apple-signature.png