Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

''What's Cooking, Good Looking?''

How is it possible my next door neighbour can smell my cooking? We're not even sharing a wall together in our apartment? There's a hallway between us. This game is getting weirder and weirder!
2rdhz7c.jpg

:wink:

Comments

• Options
    PapayaSkyPapayaSky Posts: 177 Member
    Haha, this happens more often than you'd think in real life apartments! Especially older ones. A friend of mine lives across the way from a Sri Lankan woman who cooks (and shares her masterpieces <3 ) often. The scents fill up the whole floor for hours!
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    You'd be surprised what you can smell from a distance sometimes living in the city :sweat_smile:

@PapayaSky Where did you get the hairstyle for your avi? I like! :smiley:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    It is quite possible with aromatic foods like curries etc. You would be surprised.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    My neighbor 3 houses down (we all live in single family homes on 1 acre plots) can smell when I'm cooking bacon or baking bread. I always get the "gonna share, smells good!" text. rofl Food odors carry extremely well. You can't smell the restaurants in your area? Every time I drive by this tiny family owned Mexican restaurant in my town I almost start drooling. Smells so good!!!

Some foods definitely don't carry as well as others... my neighbor has never hit me up for grilled cheese, for instance. LOL The really good aromas, do carry, though. Nothing weird about it. >.< I love this feature, and am really glad they included it. It definitely makes the apartment atmosphere feel authentic and alive.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I agree with the others. This actually makes sense and isn't weird at all!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Oh yes, when my sims used to live there and were cooking a meal, Jesminder and her husband were quite often at their door. It doesnt happen that much in other apartments in my game.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    I can smell it when last door neighbor is cooking cause he/she use a ton of garlic.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I doubt apartments are hermetically sealed.
    Apartments breathe and molecules are really tiny.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    You'd be surprised what you can smell from a distance sometimes living in the city :sweat_smile:

@PapayaSky Where did you get the hairstyle for your avi? I like! :smiley:

Rusty ^^ She has so many amazing styles

blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailList.nhn?blogId=jinhee_a&from=postList&categoryNo=103
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    It is also interesting (with the same apartment, i.e. Jasmine 2B) that one can hear the sex of the neighbors ... across the hallway and even past the wall (between my bedroom and the living room)

Either the interior walls of Jasmine 2 are thin as paper or the sex of the indian neighbors is really really really loud :D
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    @PapayaSky Cheers mate~! :blush:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Something hilarious just happened in my game: the neighbour next door was being loud woohooing so my sim went to complain. The guy came out in a sexy maid outfit!!! XD Not sure if it was a bug or intended to be that way but I found it perfect and hilarious since the neighbour has actually acted kinda creepy and weird in several other occasions hahaha
  • Options
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Something hilarious just happened in my game: the neighbour next door was being loud woohooing so my sim went to complain. The guy came out in a sexy maid outfit!!! XD Not sure if it was a bug or intended to be that way but I found it perfect and hilarious since the neighbour has actually acted kinda creepy and weird in several other occasions hahaha

haha, i see women in a maid outfit quite often but i have never seen a man in that outfit, lol. Was he wearing a female or a male one?
  • Options
    A female one! That's why it was so funny
  • Options
    Hahahaha thats hilarious :D
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Jprp83 wrote: »

k0hc1l.png Jay Pretty from the Backyard Stuff pack

34dsdh2.png Salim Benali from City Living

This is great! xD
  • Options
    Lmao I didn't know this was a thing! It only happened to me once XD I love that my game picked precisely the creepy guy in the building to wear this outfit!
  • Options
    Hope it's not just a bug. TS4 is sorely lacking in fun little surprises like this!
  • Options
    JJFABBYJJFABBY Posts: 40 Member
    My main issue is when my sim's Elder neighbor calls my Teen sim 'good-looking', but that's probably just me :tongue:
  • Options
    MS4MS4 Posts: 89 Member
    Noises in ts4 apartments are really cool.
    But i would say it could be more realistic if they came from shared walls, or even from the upper floor or the one below... but there are only same floor playable apartments
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Ok thanks everyone for posting, yeah I do smell KFC near where I live in RL(real life) and just curious, I only made mac and cheese in the apartment and got that message, I thought mac and cheese isn't really high powering smell, just the other foods are like Indian, and Mexican and i know Italian smells are high too. Anyways, it was just a little surprise in my apartment. :blush:
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    My Sim does Gourmet Cooking, and I always have her make the 8 person servings because I know the neighbors are gonna come over to stuff their faces.
    What's really funny is that the neighbors and my Sims hate one another! But once the grub is served, they all sit around chatting like the best of friends.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    @TheLibrarySim LOL that's too funny, so you're having neighbour wars too? but once food is down their gob, it's alright, Sims are weird!
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Enjoy it while it's happening, @midnightpearl Rosemary and her family had to move to a house because she was pregnant, and there just wasn't enough room in the apartment. She had alien triplets, by the way.
    Now that they're in a house nobody comes over to bother them or eat food or complain. It's no fun at all. Just the sounds of the sea and the birds and nature.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
    I have an apartment neighbor who "blows bubbles" and you can smell it for hours... -_-
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa