Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Life vs. Get Together

So for those people who are debating between City Life vs. Get together let's see what the majority of the simming community thinks. :)

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited November 2016
    It depends. The clubs from GT add a lot of interesting gameplay, as in being able to get particular sims grouped together doing certain things. City Living is very lively. No matter where you are in San Myshuno there is always somebody and something happening. I am particularly enjoying my sim's apartment falling apart at the drop of a hat (she lives in a 'needs TLC' apartment) and so far I've had mice twice, the electric box sparking twice (both times repaired by my sim), leaking pipes twice, a bad smell once, cockroaches once. I also enjoy the work from home option in the new careers.

If somebody turned around and said "Ok, you have to choose which you prefer" I'd choose City Living, as it fits my play style better, but at this stage I suspect some of the 'new' is still there. Once that wears off, you might get a different answer.
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    @Arletta Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing...Get Together was new back then and I was like wowwowow but it turned out after that started to wear off it kind of just faded and with CL coming out well I'm back to the "wowing" stage ;)

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I would pick CL over GT. In the end they are pretty evenly matched sets (minus apartments which I don't count) but in the end in CL I can leave my apartment and go work/ go eat/ and go to events to at least some extent without a loading screen. That's a big change and bigger to me then the clubs from GT. Not to mention that some of the club benefit comes in the form of the festival interactions anyway. Add to that what is arguably the best "urban immersive" environment created to date in the Sims series (within the boundary of the current graphic look versus the gritty realism in Bridgeport) and I think CL does outpace GT.
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling Hmm...Nice idea there about the loading screens. I feel not having the loading screens sometimes probably makes a lot of simmers days :)

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    City Living >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options
    @Simanite Awesome! Any aspects that you liked? and BTW I love your profile pic...so magazine cover like! :)

• Options
    Mowgli87Mowgli87 Posts: 4 New Member
    Im really enjoying playing them both together! When I got GT I didnt really use the club feature, but Ive kind of 'revived' it with CL.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would probably say City Living but I really do love GT as well.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    @Mowgli87 Well hello there new member! (lol!) That's a good idea, there's plenty of times where you can use clubs in CL especially with all the festivals and new skills!

• Options
    @sillyangel0906 Hard to decide between the two. :) They are both pretty okay, actually.

• Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited November 2016
    Oh this is tough. I love the European feel in Get Together. Windenburg was the start of my legacy family as well so it does hold some special significance to me. A lot of the clothes, hair and club activities are some of my most used in the game.
    However, I am a city girl at heart. While I love Europe and the general feel of Windenburg, nothing compares to skyscrapers for me. I ADORE being in the city (moved my legacy family over to San Myshuno) but even more than that, I think CL brought more clothing and hair options that better suit my gaming style (colorful, cultural, modern). I also really enjoy the festivals, although they can be a bit slow at first, mine always pick up and get interesting.
    But it could just be like someone earlier stated, CL is newer and fresher on our minds unlike GT, so we may all feel this way because we have something new to entertain us!
  • Options
    solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    I don't really use the clubs that much in my gameplay, but I absolutely love Windenburg and all the stuff that came with it. A lot of nice objects and clothes. I'm afraid the neighbours in CL will become annoying after a while, always knocking on the door whenever my sim play the guitar or sing a little bit. Both packs are great and I don't regret getting any of them, but as for now I like CL better than GT.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Get Together >>>>>>>>>>> Get To Work >>>>>>>>> City Living
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    you don't even have City Living so how do you know it should be last? I think out of all the EP this one is the best.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I think:

Get Together + City Life = Extra Awesomeness. :D

I like how the two packs compliment each other. I'm mixing and matching a lot of features already. Dine Out and Spa Day are being used a lot in San Myshuno too.

There are things I like and dislike about both packs, it's hard to choose between them.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Regarding gameplay I think that CL has a lot more to offer. But I must admit that I love Windenburg more than SaMy. I always love the green rural-maritime worlds most.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Simanite Awesome! Any aspects that you liked? and BTW I love your profile pic...so magazine cover like! :)

Aw thanks! :smiley: Yours is lovely too.

So yeah, for me City Living is my favourite. I love the world, the apartments, all of the feature and objects. I found GT to be underwhelming, but looking back on it I do like it more now. There are things I'll use a lot, and the world is really nice. But for me, I just get more out of CL. :)
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I wouldn't even bother to judge one against the other. I need them both and they both work well together.
    So it's City Living and Get Together.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Get together is pretty much City Living's twin pack, but not in a bad way. Both of them are about equal with what they bring to the table, and I use both a whole lot in my game. If I had to pick one it would be City Living though, simply because I use lot traits much more than clubs, however I am annoyed CL didn't have ANY woohoo spots, and Get together had a whole bunch that I use on the regular. So who knows? Both will do!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    you don't even have City Living so how do you know it should be last? I think out of all the EP this one is the best.

I don't need to have it to say what I think. City Living lacks more than what it offers
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    CL. I like GT too but I would choose CL first.
  • Options
    PrincessMeiPrincessMei Posts: 1,319 Member
    Exactly what everyone is saying here. CL and GT go hand in hand.
    sprinkler.gif
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    both! Get Living in The City Together ;)
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2016
    Get together. Less restrictive world, clubs add a lot of gameplay, and overall does add a good deal of new objects to the game. That being said if you have very little interest in ever using clubs or don't use them a lot then CL would probably be the better option. Clubs for me are a huge part of my gameplay though and I use them quite frequently. Get together is definitely the pack that comes first for me. It is also cheaper right now on most websites.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    City Living, groups were patched in so I can still have sims do things together. I do like the GT CAS though. Its probably the only thing I use from the pack besides closets