Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confuzzled!

I'm a little confused(confuzzled) is to how to get into the markets via map view when it's greyed out and can't click onto it. do I need to wait until there's a pop up notice or I should be able to edit those markets but it's still greyed out and can't get into them via the map view, not even in LIVE mode, so what am I doing wrong? Please help, thanks :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    You mean the festivals? You can't click to go. If it's not time or If you're already in the neighborhood
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    IronicBeauty77IronicBeauty77 Posts: 28 Member

The map shows where each festival takes place in their respective neighborhoods but only one is active at a time and only active for a few hours. The festivals happen every few days and you'll get a pop-up notification. On the map view it is showing where the festival WILL take place not that its there currently. So with that in mind if editing the festivals was the goal I kind of doubt that's possible.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If the bulletin board is glowing. a festival is due to start. You should be able to click it and travel there. There is no loading screen to get to it.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm a little confused(confuzzled) is to how to get into the markets via map view when it's greyed out and can't click onto it. do I need to wait until there's a pop up notice or I should be able to edit those markets but it's still greyed out and can't get into them via the map view, not even in LIVE mode, so what am I doing wrong? Please help, thanks :blush:

If you want to visit the area, you can do this by visiting a lot in the same neighbourhood and going outside. So if I wanted to visit the area where Geekcon pops up (when the festival is not there) I could visit the karaoke bar and go outside into the area.

The festivals are not on a lot, but they are in the world area a bit like the picnic table areas in Newcrest or the community garden in Willow Creek. So you cannot edit them. But you can place down items from your inventory while playing, such as a yoga mat or the gallery wall.

I hope that helps.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Thanks everyone, it did help, just feel kind of embarrassed now, me crawl back under a rock now. :wink:
  • Options
    eightthirtyeightthirty Posts: 22 Member
    @midnightpearl I've been having issues, too. Even when the festival has started it won't let me click. I usually just end up using "go here" to walk down to it.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    @midnightpearl I've been having issues, too. Even when the festival has started it won't let me click. I usually just end up using "go here" to walk down to it.
    oh, ok, it did that to me too, until I clicked onto the food cart to buy stuff but you also need to read what Simsvip suggested too. It does take a while for things to get started and show up.

I read over at Simvip.com, that it takes 1 Sim- week for a festival to show up and you need to click onto the notice board in your apartment by the elevator door and it will tell you what time the festival starts and what it is , there's an article over at Simsvip.com:
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/
    Scroll down to where it says ''Festivals'' on the link above and you'll know when each festival starts