Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time syncing is completely off

Sim minutes could do with being slowed down by 25-50% because there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything that a normal family would do without them being on LSD. 1-2 hours to eat food is insane, 8 mins to walk down a corridor to the bathroom and 3 mins to use the toilet (are these sims always suffering from severe constipation???), 3 mins to wash hands, 6 mins to answer the door (even post men in real life won't wait around for more than 30 seconds!) It's quite clear that time flies far too fast when it takes 1 full minute to play a single key on the piano.

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    (even post men in real life won't wait around for more than 30 seconds!)
    LOL
    Some of the bad posties here don't even wait 3 seconds, they just lob your package at your front door, do a wheelie, and disappear.

Yeah, you're right, TS4 sims seem slower to do things than in any previous version. I thought the whole point in being able to multi task was to get more things done in less time. :/

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    I know right? Sometimes when I've cued up my sim going to sleep so I'm going super speed they'll take 1 HOUR to use the toilet, then they'll get up, stand in front of it for 20 minutes, flush it, walk over to the sink, stand there for 30 minutes, take 15 minutes to wash their hands, then stand there for 10 minutes before heading off to sleep. LIKE WHAT?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I know right? Sometimes when I've cued up my sim going to sleep so I'm going super speed they'll take 1 HOUR to use the toilet, then they'll get up, stand in front of it for 20 minutes, flush it, walk over to the sink, stand there for 30 minutes, take 15 minutes to wash their hands, then stand there for 10 minutes before heading off to sleep. LIKE WHAT?

If that's happening on superspeed, there's a high chance it's because your CPU can't keep up with the calculations it's being asked to do. You might want to post in the Technical forum to get some insight on that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member

If that's happening on superspeed, there's a high chance it's because your CPU can't keep up with the calculations it's being asked to do. You might want to post in the Technical forum to get some insight on that.
    You may not be the right person to ask this, but...if I set the game's settings on low, will that help and speed up the game performance a little bit? I still have to deal like 1,5 months with my old PC, but I will get a new gaming computer in December. I hope I also will find a perfect PC because I can't really decide what kind of a gaming PC would be ideal for me. For example, the prices vary so much. Should I buy a PC with lots of space? Is 8GB RAM enough for The Sims 4 to work fast? Hmm lots of questions I know haha :lol: sorry but I rarely post here in the forums anymore :blush: have a great day! <3
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

You may not be the right person to ask this, but...if I set the game's settings on low, will that help and speed up the game performance a little bit? I still have to deal like 1,5 months with my old PC, but I will get a new gaming computer in December. I hope I also will find a perfect PC because I can't really decide what kind of a gaming PC would be ideal for me. For example, the prices vary so much. Should I buy a PC with lots of space? Is 8GB RAM enough for The Sims 4 to work fast? Hmm lots of questions I know haha :lol: sorry but I rarely post here in the forums anymore :blush: have a great day! <3

It should help some, yes. Other things that should help:
    - Play on Speed 1, not faster
    - Play with smaller households
    - Play in lots with fewer interactable objects
    - Turn off everything else that is using the CPU. Set Origin offline.

8GB RAM is plenty for Sims. What makes the difference in performance is a good CPU and a good graphics card, and a strong enough power supply to run both well. You'll get more for the same money if you buy a desktop rather than a laptop or all-in-one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    Roughly, 1 minute of Sims time takes a bit more than 1 real second to animate. I can see that there will be issues for actions that take little time in real life and directly translating them into the Sims timing. For example, walking the corridor, toilet, washing hands and answering doors take like a minute in real life. If these actions also take 1 minute in Sims time, then they will not even have enough time to animate. Nevertheless, I do think that it is a good idea to tune the various timing a bit.