Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

macOS thread - now including 10.14 Mojave

Comments

• MysterySimMysterySim Posts: 5 New Member
    Sry, guys if this is the wrong post but I couldn't find another better post. Can anyone recommend some recording softwares for Mac? I've tried OBS but it totaly messed up my Sims 4 and didn't even work :neutral: . Does Fraps work for Mac? Thanx :wink:
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Many of us here do not record our games. I know a few people do, but not many. You might have start a new thread here in the Mac section to ask or venture over to AHQ to ask there.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • kyrasan666kyrasan666 Posts: 34 Member
    i am currently running 10.12.4 Sierra and my game runs perfectly.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    kyrasan666 wrote: »
    i am currently running 10.12.4 Sierra and my game runs perfectly.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

It would do, you have a 2gb AMD GPU :)

apple-signature.png
  • kyrasan666kyrasan666 Posts: 34 Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > kyrasan666 wrote: »
    >
    > i am currently running 10.12.4 Sierra and my game runs perfectly.
    >
    > MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    > 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    > 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    > AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
    > Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It would do, you have a 2gb AMD GPU :)

i kind of got this computer mainly for the sims because my old mac ran the sims 4, but it was a little on the slow side. at lest to slow for me to be comfortable with.
  • roseylovexroseylovex Posts: 3 New Member
    I know right
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Lag is often caused by graphics settings being too high so the machine is struggling. Lowering them helps.

also crap on the system run a system clean the one the comes with your computer ones like cc cleaner will delete some necessary game files
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
    > @Loucifer said:
    > > @BluebellFlora said:
    > > Lag is often caused by graphics settings being too high so the machine is struggling. Lowering them helps.
    >
    > also crap on the system run a system clean the one the comes with your computer ones like cc cleaner will delete some necessary game files
    correction for last post
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    > @Loucifer said:
    > > @Loucifer said:
    > > > @BluebellFlora said:
    > > > Lag is often caused by graphics settings being too high so the machine is struggling. Lowering them helps.
    > >
    > > also junk on the system run a system clean the one the comes with your computer ones like cc cleaner will delete some necessary game files
    > correction for last post 2nd time lol
    >
    >
  • bellafirestarbellafirestar Posts: 1 New Member
    They need to make a Mac version of sims 4 that can be bought in mac app shop
  • Sa5mChristieSa5mChristie Posts: 10 New Member
    I really don't know what kind of issue this is and haven't seen much about it, and I can't really remember when it started happening, but basically Origin used to count my number of hours played on Sims 4 and last time played, but sometime along the way it reverted back to when I had played it on a Windows computer back in December of 2015, and I've obviously played since then. I know this isn't a big issue, and it's more annoying to me than anything, but I just need to know if anyone else has this issue, or if it's just me, and if there's a way to fix it.

I'll also add that maybe a few Origin updates ago, I would play the sims and then exit the game after playing, and I keep my origin open if I plan to go back to the game in a few hours, but after I've played it once something would glitch out after I tried to hit play a second time and it wouldn't open and the Play button would disappear, but it would however change my hours played and last time played to the correct amount/time. All I had to do to fix that was just refresh my Origin, except after refreshing it would revert back to December of 2015 with 7 hours played. Unfortunately this doesn't happen anymore, and it was my only way to see how many hours I've spent on this game.
    @Sa5mChristie, this is a known issue with Origin and really doesn't affect your game play. The counter was disabled I think because it caused problems for both Windows and the Mac OS. Don't worry about it. :)
  • AnnabearAnnabear Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm Annabel I'm new, who do I talk to? about how to get started in The Sims3
    Hello, there is an entire Mac section in the Help Center of Sims 3. Welcome.
  • ferngirlsferngirls Posts: 26 Member
    Hello. For some reason when I'm in buy mode and i press the delete button it goes to household inventory. Im on a macbook so it doesn't have backspace. I know if you normally press backspace it goes to household inventory so i guess since i only have the delete button it uses that. Is there anyway to change the controls or fix it?
    Your "Backspace" button is the one that is near the "Plus" (+) sign and the "Delete" button is next the "forward space button" (\).
  • ferngirlsferngirls Posts: 26 Member
    I tried the {\} button and it didnt work :disappointed:
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,281 Member
    edited July 2017
    ferngirls wrote: »
    I tried the {\} button and it didnt work :disappointed:

\ is the backslash key. The forward slash is / although for you it makes no difference as you only have the one backspace key above the return key?

Have you tried holding down the Fn key then pressing the backspace key? Or any one of the Alt, CMD, CTRL or Shift keys? The game doesn't properly use the Mac keyboard so it's a guessing game really (like having to use CTRL instead of CMD to bring up the cheat console).
    apple-signature.png
  • Kris_The_SunflowerKris_The_Sunflower Posts: 7 New Member
    My game keeps crashing and I am not sure why. It just started happening today. I removed the mods folder once and the game started, and then I began adding/removing the folders one by one and that did not work, so I tried repairing the game and restarting my computer and then removing the mods folder and now the game keeps crashing. So I do not think it's the mods. I don't know how to read a crash report though. So I will add it below. I don't think this matters, but I am running MacOS High Sierra, to be released this fall. I have been running beta software for quite some time and I've never had this issue before, so I don't think this is the issue, but if it is the issue, what can I do because I can't downgrade.

Process: The Sims 4 [2234]
    Path: /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/MacOS/The Sims 4
    Identifier: The Sims 4
    Version: 1.0 (1)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: The Sims 4 [2233]
    Responsible: The Sims 4 [2234]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2017-07-22 23:34:48.407 -0500
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13 (17A306f)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: AEC20C8B-6B4D-CA38-6AF2-7938CE9B4AE6

Sleep/Wake UUID: C3BF6D62-441D-4FB6-92AA-7162BC91871E

Time Awake Since Boot: 17000 seconds
    Time Since Wake: 13000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007fffffffb000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
    Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x7fffffffb000:
    --> shared memory 00007ffffffe8000-00007ffffffe9000 [ 4K] r-x/r-x SM=SHM
    Please remove your UUID as that is "personal" information to your specific computer.
    My game keeps crashing and I am not sure why. It just started happening today. I removed the mods folder once and the game started, and then I began adding/removing the folders one by one and that did not work, so I tried repairing the game and restarting my computer and then removing the mods folder and now the game keeps crashing. So I do not think it's the mods. I don't know how to read a crash report though. So I will add it below. I don't think this matters, but I am running MacOS High Sierra, to be released this fall. I have been running beta software for quite some time and I've never had this issue before, so I don't think this is the issue, but if it is the issue, what can I do because I can't downgrade.

Wipe your Mac and reinstall a supported version of macOS or wait until EA support High Sierra. Or install Sierra on a bootable external drive? Running beta versions of operating systems is always risky, that's why they are in beta ;)

Your game sounds a mess - which folders have you been removing? Have you moved the whole Sims 4 from Documents > Electronic Arts onto the desktop and tried a completely vanilla game?
    apple-signature.png
    > Wipe your Mac and reinstall a supported version of macOS or wait until EA support High Sierra. Or install Sierra on a bootable external drive? Running beta versions of operating systems is always risky, that's why they are in beta ;)
    >
    > Your game sounds a mess - which folders have you been removing? Have you moved the whole Sims 4 from Documents > Electronic Arts onto the desktop and tried a completely vanilla game?

So, I figured it out finally. When I was testing which folders were the culprit, I was only removing one at a time. It turned out that to be a couple of folders. So, long story short, it's not the beta software at all, which I suspected. Thanks though for you guys concerns.
    I am not sure how to delete or edit my post.
  • RevellaRevella Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sims 4 for the mac is awesome it works amazing