Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies with lives!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Yeah, people were saying it was happening way too much -which I understand, if my Sim got abducted more than 3 times in one sitting I'd probably be annoyed too- but they really didn't need to turn it as far down as they did... it's practically nonexistent now. I suppose sometimes it's hard to find a fine balance with some things.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    They complained about alien abductions really wow unless you had your sim look through a telescope at night around 11-1 you abdubted by aliens in Sims 2 Sims 3 I don't know how they got abducted so...yeah but seriously people complained well they should've stopped sending your Sims to look at the telescope.

some simmers never looked through the telescope and they still got abducted- my sims-got abucted and they NEVER looked through the telescope (but it might have something to do with the one husband being part alien)

Yeah they came more often when hybrids aliens were around.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I like the FB idea. On our pc we would add townies to our FB, then read juicy gossip about their lives.
    And with real FB updates that we can read please, not just an empty interaction.
  • Options
    CybrdroydCybrdroyd Posts: 44 Member
    Sims 4 should have shipped with npcs autonomously marrying and having kids. It doesn't make sense that they don't. Part of the fun for me was watching all the townies carrying on alongside my played sims. Sure, I could play the other households and do it for them, but that would take so much time and what fun is that?
    Played Sims since the original. I can't think of any other game that has so thoroughly captivated my attention.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    I would love a sort of story progresion to be an option, something we can turn on and of. Like the weather in sims 3, jyst here it is
    may townie sims move in toghter yes/no
    may townie sims marry yes/no
    may townie sims have children yes/no
    may townie sims level up their skills yes/no

and similar questions
    then you pick the things you want
    could even have a setting that let you choose if you want info when things happen or you don't

As with everything else, customisation is the key. There will never be features that everyone wants or everyone hates, but allowing us to decide which to allow and which to disallow will make the game something everyone can adjust to their liking.

I personally installed MCCC ONLY to get this feature, because it makes no sense to me that lives don't happen to anyone but my sim.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    I would also like townies to have more life, but man, I never saw all the other sims in Sims 3 have kids. I swear I had Story Progression on, I wanted it on, but I never felt anything happen.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    In Sims 3 there was a toggle for story progression, as well as for the individual occults spawning. Sometimes I want to play a game with a single family and story progression, other times a rotational game without. I want to see the ability to have story progression if i want it in my game but have a toggle to shut it off if I don't. I don't use mods but have been thinking about MCCC because I do like rotational play but feel that Sims 4 does very little to allow it to work without mods. But playing a single family without the story progression is also frustrating. I have to play rotationally to keep the neighbors up to speed. I think it is one reason why, although I do enjoy the gameplay in sims 4, I end up stopping after awhile as i realize I am not having as much fun as I did when I started the gameplay. I don't have a lot of time to play so playing rotationally is a bit overwhelming, although I always enjoyed it in Sims 2 and 3. I love playing my Sims games and really want to get into my Sims 4 more, but I want more control over my game without having to use mods.