Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies with lives!

First off, this is my new post. Sorry If I mess up.

I was playing around with household management giving townies a makeover (.....I wont say anything about them faces) and I decided to read the descriptions for each household. Cool story lines such as the Pancakes unhappy marriage, Summer and Liberty's feelings for Travis, and Don's old habits bound to die hard. But then I realized...

They don't do any of that.
Katrina and Don will never have children, Summer nor Liberty will declare feelings for their roomie, and Eliza and Bob actually have a pretty good marriage.

So I want townies with lives! I want townies to have babies, get married, cheat, and so much more. Currently townie lives revolve around my sims, their lives are eat sleep go out when my sims go out repeat. We should put the texting feature to use! The texting feature is the best thing from get together (aside from windenburg....oh windenburg....) I want my sims to find out a friend is pregnant or getting married! My sims could get invites to weddings, or baby showers (if added). Instead of just being asked to go party or grab a bite to eat.

We could also put the gossip feature to good use, in ts3 when gossiping with other sims you would find out a chick you flirted with at the summer festival has the good trait. I'm thinking of the same of ts4.

Another way to gain information would be to add a "Simbook" type of feature to a computer or phone, you could see certain status's that hint or directly say a piece of information about that sim. Maybe even posting selfies or other pictures.

It get's boring when you have to control the house hold to control their lives. I want to be surprised! I want my sims to be surprised.

Add to this discussion if you have any ideas! Sorry it's bad. it's late in the UK.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If you're open to using mods, MC Command Centre (at Mod the Sims) leverages the game's API to add exactly what you're looking for (except for the invitations part).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    I use so many mods and CC and now I wanna scale back. This is such a great idea and needs to be really added for all to enjoy and not have to rely on mods that could crash or mess up your game. I LOVE those back stories to the pre-made sims but thats just it, simple filler stories that have no where to go unless you control that house hold. I wanted my sim to go to her best friend Summer's house only to find Travis with Liberty!! Or see Don off with Nina and leaving pregnant Katrina at home waiting to have their baby. Why should I have to make these possible when the story is there and should already have the progression to continue autonomously without me intervening?
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yeah the stories are so broken you can't play off of it I really miss the stories.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I actually posted about this pretty much before i saw this post. I also miss the stories, the part i feel that makes sims more alive, and just weirder :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sorry. I don't want story progression. Culling is already bad enough in my created sims and the stories I try to make up in my mind about them. I can't even get my own sims to have stories. I can't imagine how bad it would be trying to play if the game made all the townies play out the games stories.

I really don't care if the barista my sim ordered a drink from last week has a kid. I don't need a notification that they met a new sim or got married. What I care about it that my sim remembers the sim I want them to for my OWN story progression.
  • XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    They really should re-release the sims 4. This game needs it or they need to stop giving us half-baked content and pump out something big. But I will be patient even tho I'm not even playing.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    I hate when I've got multiple families, and I switch to a different one for 3-4 sim days, and go back to the old one....they've gotten demoted, grades are slipping, and their relationships are pretty much nothing !
  • EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2016
    There's (almost) no Story Progression. They call it "having full control", but yeah, it's a pretty static world indeed.
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Sorry. I don't want story progression. Culling is already bad enough in my created sims and the stories I try to make up in my mind about them. I can't even get my own sims to have stories. I can't imagine how bad it would be trying to play if the game made all the townies play out the games stories.

I really don't care if the barista my sim ordered a drink from last week has a kid. I don't need a notification that they met a new sim or got married. What I care about it that my sim remembers the sim I want them to for my OWN story progression.

Yea I get where your coming from, all those notifications would get annoying after a while, but why not have a story progression without having to interfere with them. Yes you don't have to know that the barista just had a baby but that fact that she did is great because they have lives that you didn't have to do anything for. I want Don to do something with his life, have a baby or leave Katrina Idc something!!! Maybe Malcome falls for Cassandra or something but no nothing like this happens. They don't have a life at all, not even gaining skills. They just walk around town, make random plates of food at the grills, get old and die. No new babies, no failing marriages, no affairs, just nothing. When everyone grows up and are too old for the clubs they were in or made, they are gone. No one to take it over or no new people joining. Urhgg!!

Yes @EisbergsEnte It most definitely is a static world indeed!
    ~~~Lala B~~~
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    This is called "a story progression" which sims 4 unfortunately doesn't have. It would be amazing if it ever come's back. So far, none of the townies start families of their own and very soon the worlds turn into old people worlds, and then ghost worlds, unless you have the MC mod. I play with a lot of mods and CC, but I don't like depending on mods to enjoy the game.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited September 2016
    I would love a sort of story progresion to be an option, something we can turn on and of. Like the weather in sims 3, jyst here it is
    may townie sims move in toghter yes/no
    may townie sims marry yes/no
    may townie sims have children yes/no
    may townie sims level up their skills yes/no

and similar questions
    then you pick the things you want
    could even have a setting that let you choose if you want info when things happen or you don't
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    This is called "a story progression" which sims 4 unfortunately doesn't have. It would be amazing if it ever come's back. So far, none of the townies start families of their own and very soon the worlds turn into old people worlds, and then ghost worlds, unless you have the MC mod. I play with a lot of mods and CC, but I don't like depending on mods to enjoy the game.

thats why I havn't gotten the game... but some of the packs have made me consider... still don't like to buy a game where I know I need modes to have fun
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    The MC command center mod lets you give townies story progression, I dont think I'd want it personaly though, I like my sims staying put. The stories are there simply to inspire you to play the family, I mean, Don could easily get katrina pregnant and have affairs with the daughters if you played them. My problem is that the relationships never match up to the stories. In Sims 2, when you played Don he would already have romatic connections with multiple women in the town, whereas now, he starts off with no romantic connection to any of the three girls, despite him being 'Katrina's boy toy'. He should have had half romantic bar with katrina, and romantic interest with the two girls. And the pancakes had a good marriage judging by the relatioships, whereas their romance bar should be close to full for friendship and very slim romantic interest. The fun of the sims is dropping in on a family half way through a story, seeing how a young gold digger may be having an affair on her older husband, or Cassandra is engaged to don, who's cheating! Thats missing from the sims 4.
    Maybe that's why I like TS1 & 2 for console bcuz there was a story line to follow, goals and "quests" and when u played the other families, they had a great story going like TS2 for PC, the Pleasant family had a wonderful story mom work all day, daddy at home eyeing up the maid or the Broke family with her two kids and a baby on the way, father dead from a mysterious accident (or something like that.) That stuff right there made the game for me. I had something to look forward to and only adding my imagination boosted it even more.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I play with MCCC, which helps with a lot of this, but I agree, it would be nice if it was provided by hte game. Or at least the option--what's nice about MCCC is you can CHOOSE what you want, which gives a lo of versatility. Not every body plays the same--some want more control, some like to be surprised, and I wish Maxis built in settings that let you control that. I mean, that's basically what MCCC does, but why do we have to depend on mods so much?

Personally, I would LOVE to get wedding invites, and the see the NPCs have fuller lives. With MCCC have it set NPCs get married and have babies, but it's totally random. I don't ind that so much, since it certainly makes some interesting stories (I just made a thread about it actually :-P), but how amazing would it be if the NPCs were actually more inclined toward their specific stories? I think that would be amazing.
  • EllomiSimmerEllomiSimmer Posts: 33 Member
    Hi everyone!
    Thank you for commenting on this thread.
    I noticed a lot of you commented about the mccc, which I am aware about. However I don't think I will be using it in my gameplay. It's just a bit too scripted, there's no element of surprise.

Obviously I want my sims to have some role in what happens in the street, say if I had a sim that was friends with Travis, I could get my sim too convince Travis that Summer is the one. Instead of just a mysterious god forcing Travis to get Summer pregnant. I want it too make sense basically. I understand some people might not like this in their game, so an option for progression to be turned off would be nice for some players who obviously don't want to get invited to weddings every other week. Reminding me, it would need some self control. I don't want TOO much drama. Like if Bella left Mortimore for Don, but Don was secretly engaged with Nina meanwhile Nina was pregnant with Bjorn's child but Bjorn recently died of electrocution. Just little bits and pieces. The sims isn't a story based game like Life is strange for instance. There's no plot twists, but there should be! It gets boring very easily. Too easily. I just want spice instead of sugar for once.
  • Freezer7Freezer7 Posts: 9 New Member
    I wish that townies would be promoted and such in the job, or even find jobs. I wish they'd have babies on their own too
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Freezer7 wrote: »
    I wish that townies would be promoted and such in the job, or even find jobs. I wish they'd have babies on their own too

They do find jobs if they aren't tagged as "played" (a green plumbob in the Manage Households panel)
  • GozeppelinGozeppelin Posts: 96 Member
    Here's an idea. Procedurally-generated house instances for randomly-generated townies.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited October 2016
    I think it would be nice if the world around your Sims changed as your Sims' household changed with it.

The closest thing to this sort of "story progression", without mods, is the interaction in which you can "Ask About" one Sim to another. This results in the two introducing themselves to each other later. The other option is to "Talk Up" a Sim to another, which in turn prompts them to begin dating one another later. Both interactions then notify you about how things went.

Though it's not much progression, it's a start at least?!? I just hope they build off it at some point. While I generally don't care too much about what other Sims are doing, as I'm focused on my Sims, I would really love to see the world change as my household changes. I think it would be really great if I could take my original Sim's great-great-grandchildren to the park and they play with Alexander Goth's grandchildren. It would feel... I dunno sweet? Nostalgic? It would just be really nice to have that kind of world. :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Correct me if i am wrong, but one of the reasons there is no story progression is because people complained about it. Just like how people complained about toddlers. Honestly i want progression without having to use a mod and it's because people get so personal about Sims and do not think about the community. I see a lot of i don't want this or i don't wany that. Yes you have a voice, but just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad for everyone else. Sorry if this sounds like ranting but we lost a few great things because some people decided they wanted to have a quick easy game with no depth or challenges.
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    Correct me if i am wrong, but one of the reasons there is no story progression is because people complained about it. Just like how people complained about toddlers. Honestly i want progression without having to use a mod and it's because people get so personal about Sims and do not think about the community. I see a lot of i don't want this or i don't wany that. Yes you have a voice, but just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad for everyone else. Sorry if this sounds like ranting but we lost a few great things because some people decided they wanted to have a quick easy game with no depth or challenges.

People really complained about stories? this is a first hearing this wow I liked the stories like you said it made the Sims personal I mean the devs are trying to make the Sims more personal with feelings and emotions well why not have a back story of some sort the Sims 2 was a good game full of stories and such and townies should have lives being married and have kids and a job.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

People really complained about stories? this is a first hearing this wow I liked the stories like you said it made the Sims personal I mean the devs are trying to make the Sims more personal with feelings and emotions well why not have a back story of some sort the Sims 2 was a good game full of stories and such and townies should have lives being married and have kids and a job.

Kinda like how people complained about alien abductions and now they're more or less nonexistent :\ Though, I can't really see how story progress is a bad thing at all
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    They complained about alien abductions really wow unless you had your sim look through a telescope at night around 11-1 you abdubted by aliens in Sims 2 Sims 3 I don't know how they got abducted so...yeah but seriously people complained well they should've stopped sending your Sims to look at the telescope.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    They complained about alien abductions really wow unless you had your sim look through a telescope at night around 11-1 you abdubted by aliens in Sims 2 Sims 3 I don't know how they got abducted so...yeah but seriously people complained well they should've stopped sending your Sims to look at the telescope.

some simmers never looked through the telescope and they still got abducted- my sims-got abucted and they NEVER looked through the telescope (but it might have something to do with the one husband being part alien)
    6adMCGP.gif