Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone notice this?

In the last patch, PC Version 1.22.22.1020 EA gave us Simmers customisable cell phones for our Sims, but if you see the cover of Get Together EP, the Sim in the pink top on the end is holding a blue dotted phone! When did Get Together EP come out? November 2015 and the customisable cell phones came out when?, oh that's right on August 17th 2016, so that's classified as false advertising if anyone wanted to buy Get Together hoping that their cell phones are blue with blue dots in the EP
1zl6rsn.jpg

Get my drift!
Have a Nice Day!

Comments

• Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    :o
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    In the last patch, PC Version 1.22.22.1020 EA gave us Simmers customisable cell phones for our Sims, but if you see the cover of Get Together EP, the Sim in the pink top on the end is holding a blue dotted phone! When did Get Together EP come out? November 2015 and the customisable cell phones came out when?, oh that's right on August 17th 2016, so that's classified as false advertising if anyone wanted to buy Get Together hoping that their cell phones are blue with blue dots in the EP
    1zl6rsn.jpg

Get my drift!
    Have a Nice Day!

I don't know about false advertising and they were patched into the base game for free. My guess was they were either firmly on the drawing board at the time of GT or even finished and just held back for release. Of course it gives one pause given the recent discussion revolving around what can and can't be discussed or marketed especially when it comes to free patches and the laws governing that. Still, fairly minor.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    That were going to be added in this expansion pack, but they didn't make it. It's a half-false advertising-ish.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    Uh...duh.

Were you not around when they announced GT? Have you never looked at GT cover in your Origin? Why do you think everyone has been saying this should have shipped with GT? They took 8 months to deliver a "feature" that was intended for GT after that EP was in development for about 7 months.

People would argue that "it's free now" but we should have had this way way sooner not to mention GT would be 3% less empty if this was included there.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Uh...duh.

Were you not around when they announced GT? Have you never looked at GT cover in your origin? Why do you think everyone has been saying this should have shipped with GT? They took 8 months to deliver a "feature" that was intended for GT after that EP was in development for about 7 months.

People would argue that "it's free now" but we should have had this way way sooner not to mention GT would be 3% less empty if this was included there.

To be honest I've never looked at the cover of anything all that close and EA marketing is notorious in my eyes for showing and illustrating features that simply don't exist in the game, so shrug, I'm not surprised OP didn't notice it until now. It's easy to let your eyes slide over something like that.
  • AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    ... so that's classified as false advertising ...

Well ... yes and no.

If EA had gone out of their way to shown off the feature in any of their ads for Get Together, or stated "Personalize your Sim's phone with new skins" on the box or the purchase page, then, yes, it would be false advertising. They were saying a feature would be in the game when it wasn't. However, since they did not go out of their way to bring attention to the feature BUT did including it in the box art and it IS considered "missing content."

Video game developers do this a lot and for various reasons. Sometimes its because of deadlines or funding, sometimes it conflicts of other content and has to be removed until a fix can be found (though I always thought that was what the modding community was for ... that and content they couldn't get passed the Political Correctness board), but other times its because the feature will eventually be added but as an "extra" and they simply want to test it with the rest of the "base" content before release.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Also, the info we currently have on EP3 matches up wit the city skyline on Bob Pancakes' shirt in the 2nd seasonal teaser.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    ok, I just thought if someone who wanted a customised phone and never got it , got disappointed, I for one couldn't care a rat's plum about it, just pointing out about it, no need to be rude @Sigzy05! Thanks to *cough* for replying to my post everyone! See ya!
    edited August 2016
    ok, I just thought if someone who wanted a customised phone and never got it , got disappointed, I for one couldn't care a rat's plum about it, just pointing out about it, no need to be rude @Sigzy05! Thanks to *cough* for replying to my post everyone! See ya!

That's not being rude, unless you expect me to congratulate you with flowers everytime you say something that's not entirely correct.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

That's not being rude, unless you expect me to congratulate you with flowers everytime you say something that's not entirely correct.

no, just hit me with a cast iron fry pan will do the trick!

What are you even talking about?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

What are you even talking about?

I'll go back under a rock now! bye!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited August 2016
    Alorxico wrote: »

Well ... yes and no.

If EA had gone out of their way to shown off the feature in any of their ads for Get Together, or stated "Personalize your Sim's phone with new skins" on the box or the purchase page, then, yes, it would be false advertising. They were saying a feature would be in the game when it wasn't. However, since they did not go out of their way to bring attention to the feature BUT did including it in the box art and it IS considered "missing content."

I don't know if the laws in the USA are different, but in the EU *all* representation of a product is deemed to be a potential part of the sales contract. I think if anyone could be bothered, and that image had been visible in the UK to a potential customer of the EP, then there might be a case. Especially if that person successfully claimed that blue spotty mobile phones were some particular obsession of theirs and they only bought the pack because they wanted the phone. But only to the extent of being entitled to a refund of what they paid for the purchase
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Alorxico wrote: »

Well ... yes and no.

I don't know if the laws in the USA are different, but in the EU *all* representation of a product is deemed to be a potential part of the sales contract. I think if anyone could be bothered, and that image had been visible in the UK to a potential customer of the EP, then there might be a case. Especially if that person successfully claimed that blue spotty mobile phones were some particular obsession of theirs and they only bought the pack because they wanted the phone. But only to the extent of being entitled to a refund of what they paid for the purchase

@IngeJones exactly my point, thankyou, someone has finally understood what I'm getting at! Thankyou :wink:

• XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    As I remember right... the Trailer and such for GT game really early and we waited for a long time for the actual release.
    I just assume they wanted to release the customisable cell phones along with GT, but couldn't do it because of... I don't know? Bugs? Problems? Something didn't quite work right? I wouldn't be surprised, if that is the case. It happens a lot.
    Wasn't GT the actual reason why they decided to only announce Packs that are really complete? That's why I think the customisable cell phones is in the picture :#
    XMachiaX wrote: »
    As I remember right... the Trailer and such for GT game really early and we waited for a long time for the actual release.
    I just assume they wanted to release the customisable cell phones along with GT, but couldn't do it because of... I don't know? Bugs? Problems? Something didn't quite work right? I wouldn't be surprised, if that is the case. It happens a lot.
    Wasn't GT the actual reason why they decided to only announce Packs that are really complete? That's why I think the customisable cell phones is in the picture :#

The trailer was in August on Gamescom, the pack was due for release in November but got delayed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up @SimGuruLyndsay and @EmmaVane on Twitter!
    Ok, thanks @XMachiaX, @Sigzy05 :smiley: