Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We could change it all- Sims 4 Apocalypse challenge

Comments

• haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Very nice update! Ruby is so cute and the eye color has been answered. <3 Thanks. The new home is wonderful compared to what they had! And grass, so very nice! :)
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Awww she fell asleep while cloudgazing that's the most adorable thing I ever read I love her!!! (lol no seriously, she's adorable although I couldn't follow where her hazel eyes come from. Doesn't matter, she got them anyway even without me understanding the reason :D )
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @MrsRacooney Mika's father, Matthew and James all have hazel eyes. It's the dark grey eyes that actually don't make sense because neither of Mika's parents have them. :D

@hawsh According to the challenge rules I am actually not allowed to move them but I had an issue with the lot and a mod I used to build it that messed up the old house. I am so glad I did though, Finally they can live in a decent place!
    So as you can see there was no chapter yesterday and I'm sorry. I really love writing simlit, but I have so much going on that I don't have the time or energy to write a chapter every week. That's why from now on We could change it all will be brought out every other saturday, starting next week. I would love to be able to give you weekly updates, but right now that's impossible. Sorry.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    So as you can see there was no chapter yesterday and I'm sorry. I really love writing simlit, but I have so much going on that I don't have the time or energy to write a chapter every week. That's why from now on We could change it all will be brought out every other saturday, starting next week. I would love to be able to give you weekly updates, but right now that's impossible. Sorry.

@TheGeekGamez That's fine. We'll wait. :)
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    We will patiently wait for new chapters. <3 RL always comes first!
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    No worries we can wait. Your real life comes first! :)
    You will enjoy writing (and RL!) a lot more when you don't stress yourself with it... :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    'Entry 2.34: Don't be like me' Is here! Sorry for the wait! Next chapter will be there in two weeks!
    https://thegeekgamez.weebly.com/234.html
    01-27-18-12-38-45-pm_orig.png
    Yay Charlie!! Go find yourself a nice lady to be happy with!!! Damien isn't right for you...
    "several years’ worth of tears started streamed down Charlie’s face" :bawling:
    I absolute love how you make your main characters manipulative! Everyone always aims at making them likeable but making them interesting is so much more! Ha! Not even Mika whom we believed the good one for a long time was who she seemed to be at first sight.
    One the one hand I appreciate Naomi's worries for Charlie but on the other, this seems a bit sudden and... passionate. Either it's her own hurt that burst out after so many years or there's something else.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @Bugsie2016 Ya know it!

@MrsRacooney A flawed character is a relateable and 3 dimensional character. It's what I aim for. ;) Naomi can see history repeat itself, and she is still struggling with her own newfound freedom. She has lived this prison for many years and want's to see the cycle broken.
    Great chapter and twist! Charlie’s going to take Ruby and run...hmmmm. I worry she will always be looking over her shoulder if she does.
    @AudreyFld While Charlie feels guit now, Who wonders what she will think with a clean perspective...
    @AudreyFld While Charlie feels guit now, Who wonders what she will think with a clean perspective...

It might be refreshing for her!
    So to hype you guys up a little for the upcoming chapters I'm going to share a song that greatly inspired me for Charlie's character and arc. I might make a page on my weebly site that would just be character inspirations and reffrences for those who are interested to read.
    Charlie's song is 'This life is mine' by Jeff & Casey Lee Williams. It's actually from another show titled RWBY that I love dearly. The most important quote is: 'There's a part of me that's desperate for changes, Tired of being treated like a pawn. But there's a part of me that stares back from inside the mirror; part of me that's scared I might be wrong, that I can't be strong.' Because It represents her duality. The fight between her mind and her heart. She knows safety, but she wants freedom.

If you enjoy stuff like this, tell me: Should I make a 'Character Inspirations' page with stuff like this?
    Sure, I'd love such a page! Whenever a writer offers to give some insight into their mind, I'm all in and Charlie's a really intriguing character! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Sorry guys! My game keeps crasing so I can't take screenshots. I'm doing everything in my power to fix it!
    Sorry guys! My game keeps crasing so I can't take screenshots. I'm doing everything in my power to fix it!

It's okay. We'll wait. :)
  • OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    This story inspired me to write my own! https://olicaitletsplay.blogspot.com/
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I miss this story and the author as well.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    @Maladi777
    Me too. I loved the writing and I still keep looking for it. :'(
    Happy Simming.
    It has been a very long time since i logged onto this website. I have changed a lot, and I presume everyone else has too. I feel guilty for leaving without a notice. However, I also realise it was probably for the best seeing how i was severely depressed two years ago and still am not really over it. I could never bring myself to delete the save, even though it is still very broken. I could also not muster the courage to log back on and talk to people i havent spoken in ages. My time writing WCCIA was stressful, but in a way that i needed; as an outlet.
    @OliCait knowing that i inspired you brought me to actual tears and im so glad that it did.
    @Maladi777 I've missed you, friend. and i apologize for leaving the way I did.
    @franka44021 This is not a return from the grave, but im glad you loved the weird things i wrote as a twisted teen.

If it i can still find it i might put the unfinished chapter i wrote around last summer up. It wont have pictures, but ill try to find it. I might try to catch up on some old favorite stories of mine (its a lot of reading to catch up on) and maybe hang out for a bit.
    I just want everyone who read this story to know how much your love means to me, and inspired a sad kid in a bad situation to get help, and get a little better in the end.
    This entry would've been the last of generation two. Do with it what you will.
    Entry 2.35: Cashing in favors

Charlie raised her hand for a knock, hesitating with a fear that was very familiar to her. A fear of the ugly truth. The Tiny hands clutching her leg brought her back to reality, Giving her the courage to push through. She knocked. After what seemed like an eternity in Charlie’s Anxiety ridden mind, Lily Feng opened the door. Confusion briefly washed over the other woman’s face before it was replaced with a faint smile of recognition. “Charlie Coleson, what can I do for you?” A faint squeal distracted both women;It had belonged to Ruby who quickly hid behind Charlie’s legs in fear of the sudden attention. Lily laughed: “I see you brought your daughter with you, what’s your name little cutie?” Ruby remained behind Charlie’s legs, still a little shy. “This,” Charlie said softly, “Is Ruby.” Lily waved at her. “Hello Ruby, I’m Lily. Would you like a cookie?” Ruby squealed again, all shyness gone in the promise of the treat. “Come on in, I’ll go get the cookie jar.” Lily said walking into the house, waving the others in after her.
    3 cookies later Ruby fell asleep on the couch contently. “So,” Lily asked, “Why are you here?” Charlie fought the urge to run away from the confrontation. “I am here because last time I visited here you said something about me looking a lot like my mother. Did- did you know her well?” Lily stared off into the distance, clearly deep in thought. “I knew a lot of people well back in the day, and your mother was one of them. Though,” Lily now looked Charlie in the eye, “You might not like what I have to say.” Charlie took a deep breath. ‘It’s now or never.’ “Please, tell me everything.”
    “When I was sixteen I was dropped in Glassbolt without a tag or a place to call home. Like most in this town I turned to the local mafia. They employed me in the intel department, which meant I was employed at a bar, or rather a brothel masked as a bar.” Lily took a deep breath and continued. “I answered to your mother, who ran the whole business. Both of us had regulars. Esmée had your father, and I had Victor.” Charlie frowned at that. “You married a man that forced himself onto you?” Lily shook her head. “Victor never made me do anything. He knew I wasn’t here because I wanted to be. I grew to love him because he treated me like another person instead of an object. We spent many of those nights just talking. Your mother was something else. She cared for me; comforted me in the dark situation I had been forced into. She was my rock.” Lily sniffled, grief resurfacing on the memories of her lost friend. “Then one day, on our day off Esmée rushes out of the bathroom; face completely pale. She wouldn’t tell me what was going on and rushed to your father’s house immediately. Later,” Lily laughed, “I found out she was pregnant with you.” Charlie opened her mouth to ask a question, but Lily stopped her. “I’m just now getting to the interesting part. After Esmée left our little operation, things started going downhill. people within our organisation were displeased with the way we handled things, mostly the fresh grunts. So one night I was tending the bar and a young woman with pretty red locks and a stare that could kill shows up. Not in anything fancy, like most of our customers, but in a leather jacket and jeans. She slipped me a note which said ‘take cover’, so I dove behind the bar as quickly as I could. I heard yelling and shooting, which seemed to go on for hours. Mika Coleson saved about a dozen lives that night, and destroyed many more.” Lily sighed, and carried on. “I owe her everything, but I cannot justify her later actions. She went down a dark path over the years. Mika managed to be a roaring flame with a frozen heart. Only ambitions, rarely feelings. I can’t advise that. Don’t be a bird in a cage, but don’t burn your loved ones to the ground either. Your mother and mother-in-law will always be a part of my life, But you may still escape the burden of living up to the latter.” Charlie nodded. “I’m leaving soon. I trust you won’t tell anyone about this visit?” Lily smiled. “That would be the least I could do for the true heir of Glassbolt’s shadows.”
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Why is this in the Sims 3 forum?
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.