Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Sims 3 world?

I'm curious what other people like.
Personally, I like Twinbrook and Bridgeport the best. I know a lot of people don't like Twinbrook, but I like the swampy part, the buildings, and all of the mysterious things, like how there are so many graves scattered around town. I like Bridgeport because of the night clubs and the mansions on the other side of the river.
I'd like to see your favorites :)
F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
-Nick Mason (Official)

Comments

• Options
    Writer01Writer01 Posts: 572 Member
    I like Monte Vista. It's visually pleasing to me.
    “Language is wine upon the lips.” —Virginia Woolf[/center]
    Unless otherwise stated, none of my creations are on the Gallery.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I also like twinbrook! By my all time fave had to be Aurora Skies
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oh, it is hard to pick a favorite. But, if you really twist my arm and I had to choose, right now today it's Roaring Heights because the design team really nailed the classic South Beach Art Deco style and colors, and it's where my biggest family is living right now. :)
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Isla Paradiso, but it has so many problems, so I'd say either twinbrook, lucky palms, sunlit tides, or aurora skies!
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Sunlit Tides.

I hope we get a beachy world in TS4 soon!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Of the official worlds, Bridgeport and Mone Vista are tied, with Midnight Hollow as a close third.

Of the player made worlds, St Claire is the one I've palyed most. It is like a vastly improved version of Bridgeport, with four different areas for sims to live in: the main city, the inner suburb (all townhouses), the outer suburb/old town, across the bridge there's a costal town... oh, and there's a fifth area, across the bridge but more rural-like, oh wait, there's a sixth area, in the hills behind the old town, with views overlooking it all, a perfect spot for mansions.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited June 2016
    I haven't played in many worlds besides the ones that came with EPs. Of the ones I've played though my top three would be:

1.Hidden Springs- The world is gorgeous and I love the little abandoned cabins and such found all over the town.

2.Appaloosa Plains- I love the small, country town feel. It reminds me of the Texas panhandle where I spent a lot of my childhood and college years. The fall ascetic is lovely as well.

3. Bridgport-It stinks that it has so many problems because the apartments, bars and lounges are a lot of fun. The butterfly gardenish place is one of favorite parks as well.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Hidden Springs ♥

Very close seconds though are Aurora Skies and Monte Vista... OH AND Midnight Hollow (this one is probably tied with Hidden Springs if I'm being honest.)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love Gibsons,Winfield,Oak Leaf,Glenvale County,Deery Meadows,Evermore Falls,Storybrook County and have another one in CAW I should fall in love with.I love using EA worlds for vacations destinations or using emptied out saves for legacies.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    Sunset Valley is my favorite world . I like most of the townies and the small town feel. I like Bridgeport and Roaring Heights. Monte Vista & Lucky Palms are both good worlds too.
  • Options
    Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    OF EA worlds... Hidden Springs. But mostly I play custom worlds so either Storybrook County or Legacy Island.
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • Options
    Peixaria12Peixaria12 Posts: 6 New Member
    I play my custom world, but for EA i like Isla Paradiso.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Lucky Palms (store world)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Once again, I'm going to be the heretic, but I like Riverview (aside from the fact that it doesn't have any legacy-worthy properties unless you kick someone out of their house or build your own <not an architect>). Moonlight Falls kind of grows on you, though. For Store worlds, Hidden Springs is at the top of my list. And for player-made worlds, I'm kind of torn between Neverglade and Evansdale County Expanded.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2016

I am with Simasaurus <3 Love me some LP..you guys can have your cramped worlds with small lot sizes we are over here sipping cocktails on our 64x64s watching the Sunset over the sandy orange dunes.

Screenshot-284_zpsqleix7vu.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

I am with Simasaurus <3 Love me some LP..you guys can have your cramped worlds with small lot sizes we are over here sipping cocktails on our 64x64s watching the Sunset over the sandy orange dunes.

Screenshot-284_zpsqleix7vu.jpg
    High five!
    giphy.gif
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I'm going to limit my choice to an EA world.

Since I like building and am very particular I almost never play any world without tweaking it to my preferences first. The introduction of combo rabbit-hole buildings with the Late Night update and new combo buildings added with almost every EP and world released after that it is quite easy to free up lots in any of the earlier EA worlds. So even older EA worlds can easily accommodate venues from the newer releases without the need to add new lots using world edit. For me the criteria for favorite town is determined by 1.) how much I like the townie sims of the world (if I plan to play with them and not replace them with my own population) and 2.) how the town fits with the type of game I want to play at the moment and 3.) the beauty of the town and 4.) the layout of the town.

1.) The townie sims I am most familiar with and really like are in Sunset Valley and Riverview and Bridgeport. But sometimes it's fun discovering the sims in town, not knowing anything before hand. So I'm going to eliminate number 1 as a criteria.

2.) There are so many ways to play this game and by being able to add venues and lots from all the EPs and worlds to any town it opens up how many different ways to play a town. I think Sunset Valley and Riverview are two of the most versatile towns. Riverview is great for playing farming and/or ranching communities (I prefer it to Appaloosa Plains) as well as many other types of games, except it would be difficult to convert to high rises for a city type game because of the small down town lots. On the other hand I think Sunset Valley would be fantastic with its down town lots converted to high rises. I also think Twinbrook works well for different kinds of games.

3.) I think many of the EA worlds are beautiful in their own way. Although I have most of the EA worlds, some I haven't played in yet at all or very little. So of the ones I am most familiar with I really love the look of Riverview, Hidden Springs, Lucky Palms, Sunset Valley, Sunlit Tides, Twinbrook, Dragon Valley and Aurora Skies. But I have Seasons and the NRaas Tempest mod to configure the weather for a town so I do not allow snow or cold weather in certain towns - Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides, Twinbrook, Roaring Heights and any tropical or semi-tropical town. Since I really like the look of snow those warm weather towns are not quite as appealing to me.

4.) I like the layout of Riverview, Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, Aurora Skies, Dragon Valley and especially Midnight Hollow. The problem with Midnight Hollow for me is that it's too dark. If I ever take it into CAW and change the terrain paints and remove or replace all the haunted trees in the town landscape and then change all the dark decor and haunted trees on the lots it could become more versatile and more beautiful and become one of my favorite towns.

So my favorite EA town is a toss up between Riverview and Sunset Valley.
  • Options
    lazycupcakelazycupcake Posts: 3 New Member
    Out of the towns I have, Lucky Palms has to be my favorite. It's not too large or doesn't lag that much. I wore out Bridgeport when I first got Late Night and dislike it now (still one of my top worlds). It's too busy for my family now. Sunset Valley is a bit bland for me. Riverview and Sunlit Tides are too large for my taste and difficult to get around. I haven't played Appaloosa Plains or Isla Paradiso, but they seem interesting.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2016
    Really can't say, I have a couple of favourites. And it's impossible for me to choose between for instance Bridgeport and Monte Vista, because they're so entirely different.
    I have Lucky Palms by the way, but the first time I went in there the lighting was extremely bright. Was that coincidence or is it always like that?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Lucky Palms has always been my favorite, but these days I'm growing to love Dragon Valley more and more. It's become hard for me to choose a favorite between those two.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    I mostly play my own worlds, but if choosing favorite EA worlds, I think I enjoyed Riverview the most because of its simplicity with open farm areas and nice scenery. Paradise Island would be fine too, if it wasn't lagging. Only played EP worlds and no SP world, so I obviously have not tested them all. Also love the World Adventure wolds.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I'm all Sunset Valley for game plays. I do about 99.75% of my games there.

Lately, I've been taking on Adventureland which is just SV minus the all, but two townie Sims. As a result, all the other houses are vacant, so I tend to mess with Adventureland by making it a builder's test site. I tear down and rebuild - and in some cases, redesign lots. Weather they'd work in other worlds, I've yet to find out. Since Adventureland doesn't place the EP lots (You place them in yourself), things like my "Central Park Shopping Plaza" maybe an issue, if I were to put it where the festivals were held in SV.

"Rescue Squad" Lot -
    (former grocery, theater, and bookstore lot)
    Rsq%202_zpskaxjljg6.jpg

"Central Park Shopping Plaza" Lot -
    (former central park lot)

- I came out with 2 designs for this lot -

Design 1 -
    Screenshot-145_zpsfkqh0ul6.jpg
    Screenshot-146_zpseonm6i69.jpg
    Screenshot-147_zpsn1ozi9vu.jpg
    Screenshot-148_zpsxamirs80.jpg
    Screenshot-157_zpshflysav0.jpgDesign 2 -Screenshot-191_zpsk3yk6oqd.jpg
    Screenshot-192_zpsr0eagada.jpg
    Screenshot-193_zpsiopzxcek.jpg
    Screenshot-194_zpsaayacp1t.jpg

By sacrificing Central Park, I was able to free up 4 lots on which I could build on. This also makes this massive lot so much more useful. Technically, there's enough space to put the Doo-Peas Corporate Towers in as well, but then it starts looking cluttered.

(Btw, I had to put my firehouse where the police station originally was, since the "Rescue Squad" lot didn't have enough space for it.)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Lucky Palms or Lunar Lakes.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I'm all Sunset Valley for game plays. I do about 99.75% of my games there.
    "Central Park Shopping Plaza" Lot -
    (former central park lot)
    Screenshot-157_zpshflysav0.jpg... By sacrificing Central Park, I was able to free up 4 lots on which I could build on. ...

Interesting conversion of Sunset Valley. This picture reminds me of the way Riverview has the central strand/park area in the down town section.

I do something a little different to free up lots. (I keep the central park for the seasonal festivals.)
    1. I replace the city hall with the combined civic center building from Late Night. It fits perfectly into that lot using MOO. That frees up the 30X30 police station lot and the military one (which I don't use because it is so far out of town).
    2. I replace the Mirabella Plaza lot (64X32) with the Market Mall lot (64X30) from mysimrealty's Meadow Glen Updated. It has movie theater, combined grocery/cafe, combined book store/spa and the film back lot in the basement down some stairs behind the book store. This frees up the 30X40 diner lot and the spa lot, which can be replaced with a 20X30 lot if needed where I sometimes place the 20X30 beauty salon/tattoo parlor freeing up the perfectly good 40X40 residential lot that is used for the salon.
    3. I replace the science lab building with the combined science lab/hospital building on the science lab lot. By removing some landscaping and parking it will fit preserving the pond, and plants and spawners. That frees up the original 30X40 hospital lot.

I do several other things but will not go into all that here.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Favorite sims 3 world is Monte Vista, it's actually my 2nd favorite world in all of sims, behind Windenburg from sims 4.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png