Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC GLITCHING AFTER UPDATE

SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
Hi everyone. I installed the sims dine out yesterday and when I went to play my game I notice that "in game only" my CC hair and some clothing are very glitchy. I inserted a picture so you guys can see what I mean.

Is there anyway to fix this? (FYI- I already took out all my cc and put it back and this did not help)
Also how come CC clothing is not showing for Transgender sims?

*IN PICTURE ATTACHED HER HAIR COLOR SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLACK*[img][/img]w8nu2u.png

Comments

• rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    edited June 2016
    Judging by the picture, it looks like you're running TS4 on a low powered machine like mine. Those kinds of hairs, I think they are called Alpha CC, have done that in my game since launch. It's not all of them but a lot so that's why I switched to Maxis Match CC instead. If you've been using that particular hair with no issue than it could be the patch, or it could be you just never had one of those that messed up. That hair looks pretty long too, that was the case with all of mine that messed up like that.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    Try turning off laptop mode and see if that helps the issue.

To have cc clothing show up, try unticking all the filters and see if it appears then.

The latest update of Sims 4 studio has a batch fix for all cc so that they can use the new features that came with the patch.
    http://sims4studioofficial.tumblr.com/post/145345002236/june-patch-jackpot
  • mattytudemattytude Posts: 212 Member
    I believe legacy CC, that is, CC before 2nd June patch, might have fluid gender issues. The creator of the CC would need to use the above tool from @rosemow to change the settings of the CC so it works across both genders!! :)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    That's right, the game treats legacy CC as if it is locked to the gender it was original created for. You need to update it to make it work with the new gender-fluid options.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    SimLover23 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I installed the sims dine out yesterday and when I went to play my game I notice that "in game only" my CC hair and some clothing are very glitchy. I inserted a picture so you guys can see what I mean.

Is there anyway to fix this? (FYI- I already took out all my cc and put it back and this did not help)
    Also how come CC clothing is not showing for Transgender sims?

*IN PICTURE ATTACHED HER HAIR COLOR SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLACK*[img][/img]w8nu2u.png

CC doesn't show up for Transgender sims because it hasn't been enabled. It's an easy fix! You just need Sims 4 Studio. Be sure to download the program that is under "installing and running Sims 4 Studio". It is a free program but you do have to join the site. There will be instructions on how to enable CC for everyone on the download page.
  • SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Thanks guys! But I am so confused on what you all are suggesting I do...? I have no clue about creating cc. Can someone please give a step by step?
  • gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    You can download Sims4Studio here. You don't need to be a CC creator to use this program, it's also a useful tool for players. :)

Once you have downloaded and installed it, it should open automatically after install. In order to update your items, follow this:
    j7RqGQc.jpg

It will take a while, depending on how much CC you have. Afterwards, all the CC should be available for both genders.

In CAS, however, when you create a Sim, it still has filters on by default (that is, if you create a female sim, all the options by default are feminine). You can remove that filter (you'll see it in-game) in order to see all the CC (and because of the batch fix, your CC should be available for both genders now).

The issue you're facing is also very likely due to low graphics settings. If you have laptop mode on, do turn it off, perhaps the issue will be fixed then. :)
  • SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Thank you! Turning off laptop mode helped with the graphics!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Though if you actually have a laptop you need to keep it turned on or you could destroy your graphics chip!
  • rhypuppyrhypuppy Posts: 31 Member
    Hello! I tried that batch fix for the transgender Sims with the Sims 4 Studio but it unfortunately didn't work. Instead it did this:

"Documents->Sims 4 Studio->Batch Fixes->17-09-17_16-37-59 (Update CAS CC for all genders)."

Inside that folder it says: "Backup" and underneath that "failed". I reopened my game and tried it and the batch fix seemingly didn't work because still none of the custom content for men and women appeared for my transgender Sim.

Is there another step or something I can or should do to fix this problem!? Please help and thank you so much for your time!
    edited September 2017
    rhypuppy wrote: »
    Hello! I tried that batch fix for the transgender Sims with the Sims 4 Studio but it unfortunately didn't work. Instead it did this:

"Documents->Sims 4 Studio->Batch Fixes->17-09-17_16-37-59 (Update CAS CC for all genders)."

Inside that folder it says: "Backup" and underneath that "failed". I reopened my game and tried it and the batch fix seemingly didn't work because still none of the custom content for men and women appeared for my transgender Sim.

Is there another step or something I can or should do to fix this problem!? Please help and thank you so much for your time!

Hello
    There may be an issue with that particular cc. Try testing by downloading a cc item from another site, then go to CAS,remove all filters, and see if you can use the new cc.

@rosemow , I don't think so. Because when I deleted the batch fix and tried again it suddenly worked for a good portion of the mods though not all of them. I'm going to try the batch fix again. I wonder if it could be because there's so much content to go through??
    @rosemow plus, it was doing this with ALL of my custom content. Not just a few of them :/.
    @rosemow , I don't think so. Because when I deleted the batch fix and tried again it suddenly worked for a good portion of the mods though not all of them. I'm going to try the batch fix again. I wonder if it could be because there's so much content to go through??

I hope that your redoing of the batch fix helps with your issue.
    @rosemow I hope so too ;-;. Thanks for all of your help though. You were really kind to go out of your way for me today, it means a lot! Really :).
    @rosemow I hope so too ;-;. Thanks for all of your help though. You were really kind to go out of your way for me today, it means a lot! Really :).

You're welcome :)
  • TiddlehWinksTiddlehWinks Posts: 2 New Member
    Uh... Hi. I hope this is an okay place to express my issue. I have NO IDEA how to create my own topic, as there aren't any buttons or anything that I noticed that would imply new/create. Uhm... After the most recent patch update, I booted my game up and ALL of my mods had stopped being recognized by the game/did not show up. I only have one stuff pack (the Holiday pack), and /one/ CC mod (Nraas Decensor) in the Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods folder. Game settings allow both custom content, and script mods. I have tried repairing the game, and I also deleted and reinstalled the game, as well as restarting the computer. I had this same issue with Sims 3 before, and was never able to fix it. No idea what the heck is going on ): I'm pretty sure I have the most recent version of Nraas...? But that shouldn't matter, unless the most recent update changed the game's core structure. (Pretty sure it didn't.)

Any way you guys can help me...? I'm sorry. I literally just made my account, and I'm already seriously confused about the mods; the forum layout is just adding to the confusion. I would make my own topic if I could. (I'm a PC/Win10 user). I also have the resource.cfg (edited version) in the mods folder already... Or should it not be in the mods folder? Pretty certain it should be. I don't know anymore T_T my brain hurts. Please help. I have several screen shots to confirm that I've done all of the above mentioned... My game also says that it is at update 1.3x which is DEFINITELY not the most recent. I've tried updating the game, but it reinstalled at this patch level and I cannot get it to update to 1.69x... 🐸🐸🐸🐸? That might be the issue. Not sure ):
  • kirumagukirumagu Posts: 49 Member
    i thought nraas supposed to be for sims 3? maybe that mod causing the problem?
    edited September 2017
    Uh... Hi. I hope this is an okay place to express my issue. I have NO IDEA how to create my own topic, as there aren't any buttons or anything that I noticed that would imply new/create. Uhm... After the most recent patch update, I booted my game up and ALL of my mods had stopped being recognized by the game/did not show up. I only have one stuff pack (the Holiday pack), and /one/ CC mod (Nraas Decensor) in the Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods folder. Game settings allow both custom content, and script mods. I have tried repairing the game, and I also deleted and reinstalled the game, as well as restarting the computer. I had this same issue with Sims 3 before, and was never able to fix it. No idea what the heck is going on ): I'm pretty sure I have the most recent version of Nraas...? But that shouldn't matter, unless the most recent update changed the game's core structure. (Pretty sure it didn't.)

Any way you guys can help me...? I'm sorry. I literally just made my account, and I'm already seriously confused about the mods; the forum layout is just adding to the confusion. I would make my own topic if I could. (I'm a PC/Win10 user). I also have the resource.cfg (edited version) in the mods folder already... Or should it not be in the mods folder? Pretty certain it should be. I don't know anymore T_T my brain hurts. Please help. I have several screen shots to confirm that I've done all of the above mentioned... My game also says that it is at update 1.3x which is DEFINITELY not the most recent. I've tried updating the game, but it reinstalled at this patch level and I cannot get it to update to 1.69x... plum? That might be the issue. Not sure ):

Hello @TiddlehWinks
    Nraas is a sims 3 mod. It would cause issues if it is in your sims 4 mods folder. Remove it from your mods folder and see if that helps with your issues,

There is a feature that when there is a game update, mods/cc are disabled. This link explains about it,
    http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates
    Go to options and tick the " enable custom content and mods" button which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. Also tick the script mods allowed button.
    Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then.

• TiddlehWinksTiddlehWinks Posts: 2 New Member
    http://oi65.tinypic.com/32zq728.jpg
    http://oi64.tinypic.com/2805dz5.jpg
    http://oi64.tinypic.com/5d0vgi.jpg

Peruse these screen shots at your leisure. I have the Mods and Scripts allowed already, as mentioned.
    Also DERP! Replaced Nraas w/ moxiemason instead, as well as a simple testing mod for a hair style.
    There's no pop up for mods when I start the game, even though I've asked it to show the pop up. Sims 4 Mod Manager detects the mods, but the actual game doesn't seem to. Also derp again, regarding the patch level. I have 2, 3, and 4. I play Sims 3 a LOT, and accidentally mistook it's 1.69 patch as the most recent patch for Sims 4. That was my mistake. Mods are still an issue though ):
    32zq728.jpg

2805dz5.jpg

5d0vgi.jpg

Peruse these screen shots at your leisure. I have the Mods and Scripts allowed already, as mentioned.
    Also DERP! Replaced Nraas w/ moxiemason instead, as well as a simple testing mod for a hair style.
    There's no pop up for mods when I start the game, even though I've asked it to show the pop up. Sims 4 Mod Manager detects the mods, but the actual game doesn't seem to. Also derp again, regarding the patch level. I have 2, 3, and 4. I play Sims 3 a LOT, and accidentally mistook it's 1.69 patch as the most recent patch for Sims 4. That was my mistake. Mods are still an issue though ):

Hello @TiddlehWinks
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
  • SiCkoMoDeSiCkoMoDe Posts: 1 New Member
    HeLp! ok so my one of my favorite pants and sweater dresses are fine in cas but when i go in game it glitches! i have laptop mode off too sooooo!! i have my graphics on low cause if i put it on high my game is slow like badly! i need help plz!!
  • PersisiaPersisia Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I have a similar issue. (I can't find anywhere to make a new post, so please forgive me.) Basically, some of my sims are irrevocably glitched. No matter what I do, the appearance is... well.. wrong. In CAS they look fine, but in the actual game: from a distance, they appear bald and the clothing is the same colour as the skin, but if you zoom in, some of the appearance of the actual hair/clothing will show in ugly patches. It's not just CC that does this, and I can't figure out why it's happening. I've tried rolling back saves, I've tried replacing the sims with old versions of them, nothing works. The sims that get this error are randomized, whether they have CC or not, but once that sim has it, it has it for life. So far it seems only to be on one of my files, which could be a good thing, but that file I've put so much time into. It's been around for years, with over 50 custom sims, and this very suddenly happened. Is there any way to fix this short of just deleting the affected sims? I'd really rather not; 17 of them are affected by this.