Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bestfriends?

Well I finally was able to get a sim to be my bestfriend. Then I start thinking I want more! lol I asked a townie to be my bestfriend then I got a notification that said me and my original bf had fallen out. Hopefully there will be a patch so you can have more than one bestfriend. I mean in real life people do have more than one bf.

Comments

• Options
    wfblake1wfblake1 Posts: 6 New Member
    I know right! This annoys me so much. My sim cant be BFFs with both her parents? makes me frustrated and a little sad.
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    I was going to have my bff sims get married and be soulmates, but then the option to become bffs never came up, and she was bff with another sim. Very annoying.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2016
    That doesn't make sense. How can there be more than one "best" anything? if you don't have one friend who is more special than any other, or you like more than one person the same, the usual way of saying that is "I don't have a best friend"
  • Options
    I don't agree, I have two friends I consider both to be my best, I love them equally and consider them closer friends than any other I have.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    But that isn't English even! Best only applies to top one in a hierarchy of good. Maybe "close friends" would be a better term.
  • Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm not sure what it states when the relationship as when friends has a full green bar (just good friends?) but it could be similar to TS3 where a max relationship bar would cause the two to be best friends (and in TS3, you could have as many best friends as you wanted) but in TS4, only one person is your best friend forever lol. I think the interaction is special and I reserve it for particular sims. I understand what you're saying about wanting to be best friends with your parents, as I have a close relationship with my parents, and I wish there was something extra to signify a special bond between parent and child in TS4.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    Mizz_TriceyMizz_Tricey Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you for understanding. I could just max out the relationship bar with the townies I really like lol. In my mind they will be my best friends also!
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    But that isn't English even! Best only applies to top one in a hierarchy of good. Maybe "close friends" would be a better term.

I don't agree. You are right that "best" is a singular term, but you can't always see everything literally. "best friends" is a colloquial term, which means that you have a closer bond to those than just "normal" friends. So you see, "best friend" is not to be taken literal, but as a term to describe as certain level of closeness.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Nette wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »

I don't agree. You are right that "best" is a singular term, but you can't always see everything literally. "best friends" is a colloquial term, which means that you have a closer bond to those than just "normal" friends. So you see, "best friend" is not to be taken literal, but as a term to describe as certain level of closeness.

Sorry, but I'm going to agree with @IngeJones here.

I'm in my forties and my entire life, the term, "best friend" has always meant "that one friend I treasure above all else who is like a brother/sister to me (or even more so), and who I am so close to that we're inseparable. We go everywhere together, we do everything together. We even give each other special jewelry as a symbol of how special our friendship is." So "best friend" is one of those very special terms that is reserved for one person, like "soul mate" or "best man."
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited June 2016
    oops. double post
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited June 2016
    it's probably a case for a mod
    there was a mod on MTS which allowed unlimited BFFs but it's long time out of work now

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA