Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Get to School' mod not working?

carolalikacarolalika Posts: 1 New Member
Hi guys, hope you're all well. Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question.

I've owned 'Get to Work' since it's release, and recently installed Zerbu's 'Go to School' mod pack. I've installed it all correctly - when I start up the game, all three parts appear on my list of CC. I also have Zerbu's 'Student Generator' pack installed. I have an elementary and a high school in my world, and both lots are the correct venues.

The issue is that during the time my child sim goes to school, there is no pop-up asking if I want to go with her. Instead, she just goes into the rabbit hole and returns as normal later. All my other mods work fine. Is there something I've missed? I've read the FAQs and so on, but can't seem to find an answer.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello.
    Has this occurred each time, or was it the first time that your child sim went to school? If it was the first time, try testing to see what happens the next school day. When going to school the next day, the issue may have resolved itself.
    Try also going into build mode. setting the lot type to something random, exit build mode, enter build mode again then set the lot type back to the correct type. Then see if the option comes up to go with the sim to school.
  • GraceybaceyGraceybacey Posts: 5 New Member
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    I really want to use this mod!!!!!!!! Been dying to use it but when the time for my children to go to elementry school... NOTHING happens! I have been trying all day :( In the morning I downloaded it and placed an elementry school and high school from the gallery in my map and then I made a new sims for this. When the time came for all of my children (7) to go to school, NOTHING happened, they just went to the usual rabbit hole and disappeared. I tried to transport the children their after school and the game just started loading and went to the manage world window! I have been searching everywhere and it says that I have to go to build mode, then change lot type to anything, then save and then go back to build mode and change it back to elementary school again. Tried that and when it was time for children to go... They just went to the rabbit hole and disappeared. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!?
    PS I do not know where to download the student generator so I do not have it
  • nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    Hello, I am using Zerbu's go to school mod pack as well. I recently installed V4 from simscommunity after he deleted his tumblr. I have been able to follow my sim children to school, but the podium glitches and won't allow me to attend classes. I also updated my game to the latest 4/13 patch, which may be causing the issue. Is there anyone that has been able to successfully follow their sim children to school nad complete tasks using the latest mod release and patch update?
  • nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    I really want to use this mod!!!!!!!! Been dying to use it but when the time for my children to go to elementry school... NOTHING happens! I have been trying all day :( In the morning I downloaded it and placed an elementry school and high school from the gallery in my map and then I made a new sims for this. When the time came for all of my children (7) to go to school, NOTHING happened, they just went to the usual rabbit hole and disappeared. I tried to transport the children their after school and the game just started loading and went to the manage world window! I have been searching everywhere and it says that I have to go to build mode, then change lot type to anything, then save and then go back to build mode and change it back to elementary school again. Tried that and when it was time for children to go... They just went to the rabbit hole and disappeared. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!?
    PS I do not know where to download the student generator so I do not have it

Hello there. I'd like to ask you a few question about your game.

What version of the go to school mod pack are you using? Have you updated your game to the 4/13patch? Do you use other mods from Zerbu and other creators that could be causing a conflict?

There are a few things that might be causing the issue. You may have the right type of lot installed, but it doesn't have all the items needed for it to meet the requirements. You could also be using old venue types that won't allow you to follow sim children to school. The mod pack may also have become obsolete due to the most recent patch or a conflict with another mod
  • saralynrosesaralynrose Posts: 9 New Member
    The mod has not been updated in quite a while and the modder at the moment is not updating the game. We just have to wait and hope that someone else will take over and start updating it again.
  • melsey2606melsey2606 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi I can't get the mod to work either, and the only school venues coming up are the old versions. Where do I get the 2 new versions? I already have v4 of get to school, and also the venue thingymebob, have had a few issues with the turbo careers as well, but resolved it by using individual venues e.g art studio, astronaut base etc. Many thanks I would love to get this mod working.
  • akatsuki666akatsuki666 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey guys I really hope someone replies to this because I have an issue, I got the “go to school” mod and it works perfectly, I can go to school with my Sims. The only issue is I was told that every child or every teenager in the Sims World will attend the school and I was super excited for that because I wanted to have the chance to see & meet all the other Teenager Sims and Children Sims in the world. I prefer going to high school with my teen rather than elementary, but every time my Sim goes to school barely any other teens show up only about 4-5 at the most + a teacher, principle, ganitor & councellor. And it’s frustraing me because I know there is defiantly more than 5 teen sims in the world because I’ve created a bunch of teen sims hoping they would show up at school but they never do, only the same 4-5 teens show up everyday and I don’t know why, I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue and can help me because I really want to have heaps of people in my school (because it’s pretty big) and I want to see all the different teens and make friends and have the classrooms filled.
  • IverschristineIverschristine Posts: 30 Member
    This seems like a cool mod! Any links? <3
  • akatsuki666akatsuki666 Posts: 32 Member
    @Iverschristine it won't let me post a link because I'm new but just search up 'The Sims 4 Go to School Mod Pack V4 - Zerbu' and it will be the first one :)
  • IverschristineIverschristine Posts: 30 Member
    > @akatsuki666 said:
    > @Iverschristine it won't let me post a link because I'm new but just search up 'The Sims 4 Go to School Mod Pack V4 - Zerbu' and it will be the first one :)

Thank you! Good luck simming! And here, let me help you out.... :)
  • Mariepk10Mariepk10 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey umm I've been trying to install and play with the mod get to school but whenever I'm ready to change the lot type to elementary school or high school then they won't show up and I've tried to reinstall it so many times. Anyone who can help???
  • Simmer1214Simmer1214 Posts: 2 New Member
    At first the mod wasn’t working for me even though my lots were listed as elementary schools and high schools but when I went to edit the lot it said the lot was still residential so you have to go into your schools and make sure it’s set to school lots. 😁☺️