Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I've been a culprit of wearing socks with thongs :D but only at home, when I'm too lazy to take my socks off
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I've been a culprit of wearing socks with thongs :D but only at home, when I'm too lazy to take my socks off

That looks so uncomfortable. The sock wedged between my toes would have me over the edge.🙂
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member

Coming from germany this is a well-known view for me. :D People make jokes about the bad taste since decades :D. Recently I've learned that this habit comes from the old roman empire, their soldiers wore socks when they had invaded colder countries. Sometimes the temperature changes drastically here during the day, in summer from a chilled morning to a very hot afternoon. Since we have long working hours which start early, socks doesn't take much space unlike an extra pair of shoes.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I haven't commented in a while because I've been busy, but I've been reading posts and giving awesomes. I hope everyone is doing well.

@sarabeth (p954) I like Myron's look and the new living room. I guess both Myron and Lan like pink. It’s a fun color. :)
    I also like the look of Frank and Roseanne. Their matching is actually cute. The wedding venue for Rocky and Parvarti also looks great. I hope the wedding was relatively glitch free.

@mightysprite
    It's so odd. Megumi and Naoki know that Eliza tried to break up their marriage, just for the fun of it, via a forged breakup letter. Their relationship with Eliza is way in the red. And yet they still answer the door. Does anyone in this game ever say, "no, you can't come in" when you knock?
    A forged breakup letter? I didn't know that's a thing. With enemies, my Sims might let them in to scream at them and then "make leave" or whatever the forced goodbye option is. Anyway, your gameplay always seems so fun. It makes me want to explore more interactions.
    Your Eliza impressed me until she turned green and started doing magic with a bag over her head. :D Regardless, it was fun to read about Eliza and her villainous ways.

@Metior_Ice I'm so sorry about your cat. I hope things are better.

@BlueSeaWaves Neyla's father is awful and I wasn't upset that Cyril didn't propose. But I hope she's able to find some happiness and stability.

@quæk Congrats on having a Sim win the lottery! How much did your Sim win?

Fier Legacy :) ⁠— I posted something relatively short (but with lots of pictures) on my legacy blog to get myself back into things: 5.24 Exploring Hobbies and Working Out.
    ml253A0.jpg

For anyone who isn't familiar, I have an introduction in the spoiler below. The introduction is for those who don't want to be bothered with past posts and just want to jump in with my most recent ones. Past posts are linked below too, though.
    opVkHJI.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. All but two of them have grown up and moved out. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist in Sulani, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and is enjoying the (gaudy flamboyant) nine bedroom palace he had built in San Myshuno and is even contemplating having a second 2nd home in Mt. Komorebi (in addition to the one in Windenburg). These days though he's officially employed in education and spends a lot of time teaching various things to various people with varying degrees of success (for various reasons). His favorite student is his genius child Elmire.

Learn more about the Fiers?
    Past posts are linked and indexed on my blog
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited May 2022
    @GalacticGal I've never worn a pair of flip flops in my life but it seems like it would be very uncomfortable with socks. Just having the one thong of the flip flop pushing the sock back between my toes would drive me nuts. Even with my sneakers, if my socks wrinkle up I have to stop and fix it before I can go on. I wouldn't make it two steps with that.😁

I have to clarify something for those of you who are unaware. What that Sim is wearing is the traditional 'shower shoe'. We called them go-aheads in my time. The actual Flip-Flops have a thicker sole, with a ribbon-type material for the thong part. They come in many bright colors, or at least they used to. Just sayin'. You can step into the water with the go-aheads, they are fully rubber.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @GalacticGal I've never worn a pair of flip flops in my life but it seems like it would be very uncomfortable with socks. Just having the one thong of the flip flop pushing the sock back between my toes would drive me nuts. Even with my sneakers, if my socks wrinkle up I have to stop and fix it before I can go on. I wouldn't make it two steps with that.😁

I have to clarify something for those of you who are unaware. What that Sim is wearing is the traditional 'shower shoe'. We called them go-aheads in my time. The actual Flip-Flops have a thicker sole, with a ribbon-type material for the thong part. They come in many bright colors, or at least they used to. Just sayin'. You can step into the water with the go-aheads, they are fully rubber.

That makes more sense. The sock and the shoe blended together enough to fool my eyes. Thank you for clearing that up.🙂
    You're welcome.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    Daravi wrote: »

Coming from germany this is a well-known view for me. :D People make jokes about the bad taste since decades :D. Recently I've learned that this habit comes from the old roman empire, their soldiers wore socks when they had invaded colder countries. Sometimes the temperature changes drastically here during the day, in summer from a chilled morning to a very hot afternoon. Since we have long working hours which start early, socks doesn't take much space unlike an extra pair of shoes.

Men in America, can sometimes be found wearing socks with regular sandals. Your reasoning is sound, and I very much appreciate the history behind the practice. :) Never too old to learn. Thank you.
  • quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    haneul wrote: »

A million Simoleons! I installed Carl's Difficulty Mod though so only 500,000 got through but that's still a lot of money!
    We went from having to choose between buying a dinner table or saving enough money to pay this week's bills to having a whole-darn karaoke system in the living room B)

Your Fier legacy sounds interesting! I'll have to find time to read it -- time for me to relive the good old days of reading legacy stories

I have a tendency to wear those fuzzy socks with my slippers, primarily in winter. Can't get warm if my ankles are bare. :open_mouth:
    @quæk I'm so excited for your Sim. While my Sims are always quick to purchase that ticket (although three of them are so rich they don't need the Simoleons) none of my Sims have ever won. In my rich Sims' reasoning, they are helping the 'cause', if you will.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    edited May 2022
    @haneul Thanks! The forged breakup letter is an option on the mailbox on Love Day only, for sims with a high enough mischief skill.
    I continue to find your Asher and Elmire charming together. Asher's got issues, but Elmire can stand up to him if she ever needs to, I'm sure.
    I also really like how you set up the hobby objects in the greenhouse. They look much more natural there than anywhere I've ever thought to put them in a build.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    quæk wrote: »
    haneul wrote: »

A million Simoleons! I installed Carl's Difficulty Mod though so only 500,000 got through but that's still a lot of money!
    We went from having to choose between buying a dinner table or saving enough money to pay this week's bills to having a whole-darn karaoke system in the living room B)

Your Fier legacy sounds interesting! I'll have to find time to read it -- time for me to relive the good old days of reading legacy stories

Wow - 500k is a lot. My Sims winning the lottery changed how I had to approach the game. Suddenly they had money for seemingly everything, but it's funny how easy it was to adjust and get used to spending millions. Carl's Difficult Mod seems fun and challenging. I hope you're liking it. I thought about it, but I think it would make the game too hard/almost impossible for me to play. My Sims' bills were more than 70,000 Simoleons this week. The Eco man came around afterwards and said they would be reduced... but I can't imagine what they would be like if I had Carl's Mod installed (200,000? - my Sims are not in a financial position to handle that :# )
    @haneul Thanks! The forged breakup letter is an option on the mailbox on Love Day only, for sims with a high enough mischief skill.
    I continue to find your Asher and Elmire charming together. Asher's got issues, but Elmire can stand up to him if she ever needs to, I'm sure.
    I also really like how you set up the hobby objects in the greenhouse. They look much more natural there than anywhere I've ever thought to put them in a build.

@mightysprite Thanks! That's also good to know about the forged breakup letter. I need to click around more on things. Asher definitely has issues, but he cares for his daughter and will hopefully behave himself.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I haven’t been on here in a bit! I’ve been in Creative Corner mostly.

Sometimes I can find that fluffy slipper boots can make my feet really sweaty and gross although they are super comfortable. I don’t really have much of a problem with cold feet, but I can get really cold fingers on my right hand when I’m playing Sims. Maybe it’s the way my hand is positioned on my mouse, and it causes slight circulation problems.

I’ve never had a Sim win the lottery! I am super jealous. Although I do have one family who earn quite a lot without the lottery. Much of it is due to the mum being a prolific gardener who has a Money Fruit tree, which she bought from the Henford garden stall. Because it’s at magnificent quality, it gives the family 18,670 Simoleons every day. And that’s not the only source of income… I’m not quite sure what to do with the money. I liked Sims 3 in that regard because you could buy various venues, and then earn some of the venue’s takings through that, but that’s not an option in Sims 4. The YA kids haven’t left home yet (I’m waiting for all of them to graduate, only two have so far) and then will probably give each child a chunk of money! They’ll be pretty well set up.
    edited May 2022
    I haven’t been on here in a bit! I’ve been in Creative Corner mostly.

Sometimes I can find that fluffy slipper boots can make my feet really sweaty and gross although they are super comfortable. I don’t really have much of a problem with cold feet, but I can get really cold fingers on my right hand when I’m playing Sims. Maybe it’s the way my hand is positioned on my mouse, and it causes slight circulation problems.

I’ve never had a Sim win the lottery! I am super jealous. Although I do have one family who earn quite a lot without the lottery. Much of it is due to the mum being a prolific gardener who has a Money Fruit tree, which she bought from the Henford garden stall. Because it’s at magnificent quality, it gives the family 18,670 Simoleons every day. And that’s not the only source of income… I’m not quite sure what to do with the money. I liked Sims 3 in that regard because you could buy various venues, and then earn some of the venue’s takings through that, but that’s not an option in Sims 4. The YA kids haven’t left home yet (I’m waiting for all of them to graduate, only two have so far) and then will probably give each child a chunk of money! They’ll be pretty well set up.

I get something similar. If I don't move my right arm often enough my fingers will go numb because the way I rest my arm on the table, the edge pinches off circulation and pinches nerves. If it happens I have to give my hand a good shake to get the blood flowing again. I get so into what I'm doing it sneaks up on me before I catch it.

• Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Winterfest 1986 with the Bheeda's.

Sienna got one carrott!
    Dan got one leaf!
    Frankie got one Barely Better Digital Camera.

vyjDWRk.png

Father Winter hangs out with the Bheeda's after distributing the gifts:
    CRM7OBD.png

I had to take away the Bheeda's fridge while their family was turning up as the ones who were already inside were a bit impatient for Dan to call every one to the turkey dinner:
    2TJWjK5.png
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,082 Member
    edited May 2022
    Riku, who is married to my sim self's middle son Andrew has some explaining to do:
    Xr6mpqh.png

This is an odd one. Look at Ray's relationship with Riku, they're only acquaintances with no romantic interest in Riku:
    D1U1mEg.png

I guess it wasn't meant to be:
    fRBv9Ok.png
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member

I´m playing the pre mades in rotation and it+s so much fun :) At the moment I am with Johnny Zest and Dina Caliente, they moved from Oasis Springs to Del Sol Valley to find fame and fortune :p
    sAtcjzE.png
    4qfHTsG.png
  • quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    Armika74 wrote: »
    I´m playing the pre mades in rotation and it+s so much fun :) At the moment I am with Johnny Zest and Dina Caliente, they moved from Oasis Springs to Del Sol Valley to find fame and fortune :p
    sAtcjzE.png
    4qfHTsG.png

they look adorable as a couple! who wouldve thunk :lol:
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Sorry about my absence, and I feel really bad that I wasn’t able to make more updates this month. I’ve been wanting to do something for MerMay since I learned about it. I never expected to catch COVID a second time and get as sick as I was for a week.

That being said. I’m going to probably get a few more screenshots and share short daily updates.

I had absolutely no energy after I was cleared by a doctor. I caught a Sinus Infection with COVID and that was the worst part of it.

As for our Family Cat, Betty has made a full recovery and my application for graduation was approved. I’m planning on making a proper update later tonight to start my daily posting. I have quite a few screenshots to share and a lot of catch up to do.

————————-

As for what I’ve been up to in my game, I experimented with fame for a bit. Dylan and Zeph were hilarious. They were each other’s fan, and when I took the fame perk that causes sims to dress like your famous sim, Dylan and Zeph switched outfits.

Lol, I’m kinda happy my twins don’t autonomously switch outfits. I started dressing the twins a little differently because they are identical twins and can be a challenge to remember who’s who sometimes. If they suddenly decided to swap outfits, that would play havoc on my ability to remember who I’m writing about when I’m tired. Lol.
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I have a lot to catch up on, but when it rains it pours.

Aside from my family cat almost dying, I had finals, graduation stuff, Mother’s Day, and it all ended with me catching a nasty sinus cold. As soon as I recover, I’ll make my update.

I look forward to catching up on all the updates.

Really wishing you health and peace and energy for storytelling!

@GirafHuntr Thank you so much for the well wishes.
    @haneul Thank you for your well wishes. Things are getting better, and I’m finally just starting to get my energy back.

I’m hoping to share something before the month ends, maybe make up for lost time.
    edited May 2022
    quæk wrote: »
    I feel like I have to commemorate this:

pCJeJJc.png

Congrats to your sim. I usually have cats win the Lottery in my game.

Edit: More precisely Mayor Whiskers.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    05-20-22_4-40-05_PM.png
    05-20-22_4-42-31_PM.png

This the second time my comedian accidentally killed off one of his friends (by World's Funniest Joke) and he's staring at her dead body, still smiling. It's before it hit him that she's actually dead and not just sleeping there...
    A1hnP0t.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top