Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Calden is going through the distant phase too, and he's an orphan. :D

@Lyrie I enjoyed the photo bombs.
  • Options
    @sarabeth2984 about the suits of armor, since there isn't any underwater gameplay and limited gameplay in the water, I made up the explanation for the suits armor. It's a funner explanation than the real one.

Anyways, I think it would be fun if you could recover something like a suit of armor, treasure chest, statue, or etc diving underwater.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Lyrie Those girls are just so cute! It's interesting how the families have swapped places... Declan and Aubree were much happier as teens than Rainbow's father and aunts, but the Stones have done so much better at working through their traumas. I hope for happy futures for both girls!

@DeafSimmer I don't think I've ever seen one of your stories starting from the first generation before. I love some of the expressions you capture on Zelda.

@Metior_Ice I used to write novels too. Well, I wrote one, and then gave it a major rewrite. But it still has plotholes and problems so it needs another significant rewrite and I haven't found the motivation. Maybe someday. In the meantime, I enjoy your stories here!

@sarabeth2984 It's nice to see how your sims are handling the Paranormal pack. Looks like fun!

@Daravi That cc is so cute! I remember Charlotte, nice to see her again!

@Rouensims Love the Star Trek sims! And I enjoyed Aleki's story also.

@Lucy_Henley Nice Winterfest! I agree that I wish there were more child/teen activities. I'd love sports and music practice for a start.

I am not going to get to everyone... but I thought I'd at least get a brief reply to those who have posted more than once in the last few pages. I have enjoyed everybody's stories and try to leave likes and awesomes as much as I can. My internet has been really spotty lately so sometimes they don't take. Anyway, please keep posting!

So I finished up playing my spellcaster household. I think they all ended as Adept. They spent a lot of time in the magic realm.
    PoqgxiS.png
    dvdYtuQ.png

But they also spent a lot of time on romance.
    soQNt9u.png
    So that's actually the result of the Infatuate spell and hasn't become a real relationship yet, but I do love the screenshot.

More below the spoiler.
    I got Alice a nicer broom.
    EjCLpav.png

I love this shot because Leslie looks so happy and Mark clearly just feel off his broom.
    RHCD5TF.png

They hung out at the park in San Myshuno for a change of scenery. I love whoever made this wet suit that looks like a tux. It just seems perfect for goofballs sims like Leslie.
    7WaTdHi.png

Leslie got into some mischief while there.
    4ROSexj.png

Alice didn't act like she minded.
    PksFW7v.png

Mark didn't have such a good day with the slide.
    uy6OykI.png

Then he set himself on fire.
    OUetDQv.png
    He did set a few other things on fire first, so his magic practice wasn't a complete failure.

But then when they got home he set a fire and overcharged when he went to put it out.
    SIp9yWj.png

Lest you think Mark is the only one with problems, here's the ladies putting out the fire after Alice failed to fix the toilet with magic.
    FbbmKDM.png

But somehow they still progress in their magical studies.

And also in romance. Leslie finally got L as far as the first kiss.
    KUkKhie.png

But then she wouldn't accept a date. I had decided that the bar in Glimmerbrook needed a wishing well, so she tried wishing for romance after a moderate offering.
    Mmd60ab.png

Voila! Instant girlfriend!
    ofUIdsy.png

Her name is Halle and they went on a cute date to a community space that currently serves as a park.
    vj1rhi3.png
    CIU2Mof.png

I do find this a little gross and weird but Leslie seemed to enjoy it.
    BNwk6Xd.png
    UnD7nk1.png

Meanwhile, Alice got Simeon on a date, and both he and her familiar seem to be judging her for choosing to sit at the bar instead of with him.
    EM7Q4Og.png

She made it up to him later.
    MmC8Tnv.png

Oh, and our friend Adonis from last time is apparently the Glimmerbrook bartender.
    ZVWCukS.png

Meanwhile Mark and Morgyn were doing just fine.
    Rky73bk.png
    KvfqUws.png
    Ms1A4qs.png
    qawIyqQ.png

Although when I took them on a date to my alien restaurant their food never got served. I think it was because it was a warm season, and the fountains outside can also be pools. This resulted in the entire Delgato family interrupting the date in their swimwear.
    pANqZ6r.png

The way both Morgyn and Mark were eyeing Pierce, I don't think they minded the view.
    ZhNU0Bp.png

But I suspect the waitstaff may have also been swimming instead of working. To test it I took Leslie and Halle out to my Mexican restaurant in Oasis Springs.
    bhB13uI.png
    Food delivered! So I don't think it's a general bug, just a problem with the alien restaurant lot.

Anyway... Mark and Leslie ended up in the second level of the Serial Romantic aspiration, while Alice needs a second date with Simeon to get there. Leslie is a little bit ahead because she has kissed both L and Halle.

Bonus pics: My other couples show up in the background when I go to restaurants and that always makes me happy.
    Gillian and Cass appear to have become the primary go-to couple for this.
    wTaefom.png

I am both happy to see more of them and sad that Bruce and Walker aren't the main stars anymore.
    But I also did see these two.
    dC4hofa.png

After that I moved on to my retirement village, but I think I'll save that post for when I finish their rotation.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    So, I noticed a potential bug with mannequins that appears with clubs and retail. You can't control whether or not the sims have earrings. It seems that the game simply does not give you the choice, and I'm not a fan of piercings on my sims, especially when I don't have control over which ones are chosen.
  • Options
    Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    I don't know what pack it came with but the taking photos and putting them on simstagram was all I did today for the career that came with CL. {pretty sure I could take pics before that} I had a blast just going to to different outings and taking selfies or random pictures. I am a rotational player so this was a treat for me to discover. I had to get away from chaotic vampire family, it was way too much for me so I went back to my single gal. I gotta say today was a good day.- Ice cube , hahaha
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2021
    I rarely see Erwin Pries in my game, and I really wanted him, so I downloaded him from the gallery. Then I accidentally called him Edwin instead of Erwin, which made me decide he needed a twin brother. Then I saw a comment that Erwin was similar to Liam O'Dourke, so I had to give him another brother named Liam. Then I had to find a place for them to live, and I had to make it appropriate for my three weirdos. So I didn't actually play that much tonight, but they did get to share a meal in their new home.

51110408217_991d898ee1_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I should have the next Calden update later this evening, but I am struggling to ship Ember with a potential boyfriend.

Ember is my Elemental of Fire and the Spirit of the Volcano. I plan on having her run a restaurant in Sulani. She is also a spellcaster. It was Ember's lucid dreaming that brought haunted houses into the worlds.

Her potential ships are:

Alexander Goth: Paranormal Investigator and potentially a half-merman by accident (a play on the goth theme and whether or not the children end up dark or bright like their parents. Merfolk are one of the most colorful occults.)

Lucas Munch: I see him doing lots of outdoorsy stuff, and he may become a conservationist. If he becomes a conservationist, he may find mermadic kelp. I may struggle to not turn him if he does.

Alex and Lucas are Ember's childhood friends, and they will have their own rotation. For them, I'm just curious about how the premade's stories might change if they become different occults, so changing them into mermen could be a temporary thing.

I thought about Calden as a potential ship, but Dylan, Zeph, and Juniper are his pod brothers (Brothers from different mothers). By extension, him dating her or her dating a merman in the pod would be like dating a brother.

So, I'm a bit stuck with figuring out Ember's potential relationships. I have time. After the current household, the alien merman twins, and Kealoha Household, I'll start with the Goth household and then move on to Munch household.

Ember strikes me as the fashionable girl with an interest in her looks, but she never struck me as someone interested in the same sex, her sister Jade might be different. 😉

Anyways, I thought I'd fish for some thoughts about Lucas and Alexander in my story. Who do you think is a better fit for Ember?

Edit: I don't force my sims into a relationship until they take an interest in other sims autonomously, both of Dylan and Zeph's girlfriends are a product of them taking the first step to express an interest. Kylen is a similar situation, I created a husband for Kylen when he had an unfortunate crush on the twins and an interest in a relationship he couldn't have.

Who Ember ultimately ends up with is up to Ember, but I can always nudge her into a relationship.
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

I started a new game a few weeks ago and did the switcharoo method on the households. Stumbled upon a couple of really good-looking random sims and changed only their hair and clothes.

Tristan Pence
    (Before)
    His first appearance was at the party in Windenburg where Don and Katrina went to. Originally, I was thinking of pairing him up with Nina, but that didn't happen.
    XnzyumU.png

(After)
    Currently lives at Sulani with his roommate, Jeb Harris, and partner, Paka'a Uha, and joined the military.
    PmPblHL.png
    AtEeJH9.png

Jewel Knowles
    (Before)
    Her first appearance was at the pub in Britechester where Malcolm and Wolfgang went on a date. She worked as a vendor in San Myshuno.
    qEsp0qs.png

(After)
    Lives at Newcrest and got a job as a doctor. More about her later.
    GJN1yKp.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    Erwin, Edwin, and Liam Pries have no idea they were part of a secret cloning project. (Liam was the first attempt, and it didn't go as well.) But they have the unsettling feeling that they are under constant surveillance.

Today was Love Day, so the Pries brothers decided to celebrate the most romantic day of the year in the most appropriate way: by going to the science museum.

51112302103_66878e1d83_b.jpg

Erwin had some issues with the robotics station.

51112146474_c07c8bc623_b.jpg

And Liam had some issues with the vending machine.

51113176870_060d1fe61d_b.jpg

Since it was Love Day, they gave each other flowers.

51112394721_191e43d434_b.jpg

Liam was a hit with the ladies.

51112146324_965e9cf626_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Story coming later, but I wanted to show off Calden's new human disguise, and I wanted to show something that wasn't obvious about Isla, Kemp's Wife.

So, first, The Outhouse....

A 3X3 Bathroom that Calden built after achieving Level 2 handiness and Level 3 Logic. He bought the building materials from things he only collected from the sea. None of his income came from anywhere on land.

51112278054_a00042f93c_z.jpg

His Merform now has a necklace, and there's also a profile pic. Like all pure-blooded merfolk (100% merperson), his hair is a different color and he has pointed ears in his natural form.

51113307700_a0745f09ee_k.jpg

51112525546_3abd2ecc3e_k.jpg

51112525501_7257554c82_k.jpg

His Outfits
    First: His Natural Form, his Everyday Human Disguise, and His Formal Human Disguise

51112525521_625d1f51f7_k.jpg

Second: His Active Human Disguise, His Sleep Human Disguise, and His Party Human Disguise

51111958647_bc92dab719_k.jpg

Last: His Human Swimwear Disguise, Hot Weather Human Disguise, and His Cold Weather Human Disguise

51112431828_532ed53763_k.jpg

Isla Gale and Islen Gale: Isla Zalrian Post and Pre Transition. Isla is Kemp's Soulmate.

51112431798_b4e4cd1de9_k.jpg
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I’m playing with the Paraskevas family, and I forgot that I made a goof when creating them in CAS... Anastasia and Nicholas aren’t married! Obviously I know that a couple doesn’t have to be married in order to have kids, but I thought I had set them as married in CAS... Ah well. They can get married in-game anyway! I think that’d be quite cute actually.
    Neither Alexander nor Helen have a bloodline trait, possibly because I created them as Anastasia and Nicholas’s offspring in CAS, but since Erytheia has the Weak Bloodline trait, I’m pretty sure that any kids she and Alexander have will have at least the Weak trait, if not the Strong one.
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    So in my game lots of things happened: i made a new family with a pet named dylan. Dylan is trained in all skills except fetch. Nancy landgrabb had twins, and malcom landgrab had a baby boy
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The Pries brothers had a visitor today.

51112904796_846b5271a7_b.jpg

Liam immediately planted a bug on the visitor and listened in on him.

51112658799_5cde3c8b4d_b.jpg

He also called the geological council about a suspicious crystal his dog brought home.

51112904671_5620c44371_b.jpg

The Pries brothers visited Granite Falls. Edwin did some woodwork.

51112810908_87e3d17426_b.jpg

Liam had an encounter with some very scary candy.

51113689290_5d54466d9e_b.jpg

Liam and Ervin took a picture together. Liam knew he was looking fiiiine.

51112659194_e7d958b65f_b.jpg

Post edited by Rouensims on
  • Options
    Because this is The Sims, you can go from mere friendship to marriage VERY quickly! They had a lovely, if cold, New Year's Eve wedding. And check out the look Alexander is giving Erytheia... he's hoping they'll be next!
    (Only once they have grown up and graduated university, mind you, they're still only teenagers!)

RTl9r9G.jpg

• Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    =
    So after incredible amounts of time in CAS fretting over details of my sim's appearance and debating over the best traits for her I finally decided it's the best I'm going to do and to just start playing her in Jungle Adventure.

OfDds6n.png

First her backstory:

When Jana Drake found the ancient arrowhead she knew she wanted to be an archeologist, she found herself far more interested in the people who had made and used the arrowhead than any of her high school classmates. Soon after her father fashioned it into a necklace and she almost always wears it as her most precious possession, especially after her father passed away. She became known at school as the weird girl who enjoyed stuff like camping and couldn't be bothered with makeup and other girly stuff, and she felt freed to do things she enjoyed mostly pursuing a career in archeology. She kept up her passion for her chosen career into college, though the class lectures and lab work felt more and more tedious she looked forward to attaining her career in archeology. Then a good friend gave into his urge to kiss her and she gave into her urge to punch him in the face, and it all happened in front of a full hallway of witnesses. Neither of them was formally punished, but a break from college was strongly recommended to her. Jana did not care for an interruption in her college career, but she felt bad about punching out one of her few true friends and had to admit to being stressed out. She decided to not return home but to vacation to Selvadorada where she hoped to find continuation of her education outside of stuffy classrooms and labs.

================

After claiming the cheapest house and home lot in Oasis Springs she immediately traveled to Selvadorada. Unsure of her future finances she settled into the cheapest lodging despite the warnings of "creepy crawlies". After settling in she visited the village's cantina and marketplace to learn and experience the local culture. She felt reassured by the locals' friendliness, or at least their friendliness for tourist money, and she enjoyed her first meal of the local cuisine. Then they descended on her. Tourists! Jana wasn't certain if they intended to so stand out from the surroundings but their choice of outfits was jarring, and two of them acted on that annoying belief that anyone eating alone was desperate for company and just sat down with her and started chatting. She hastily finished her meal managing to not voice her more truthful thoughts to the intruders then found her way to a mirror in the bar's restrooms to talk down her loner's tensions. Once calmed Jana returned to her lodge for a night's sleep.

k4rA19s.png

Next morning she woke up to an attack of the biggest spiders she'd ever seen and used up the courtesy bottle of spider repellent she had received the previous day, after that obtaining more of the stuff was at the top of her todo list. She found plenty of spider repellent in the market place plus a whole lot of other items she wasn't quite sure what they were used for, some just seemed to be to trick the tourist out of their money. Though she was trying to keep a tight budget that morning's spider attack still haunted her and caused her to buy three or four of everything. She also purchased a machete and a portable archaeology table with high hopes of making it into the jungle and recovering some artifacts. Before going into the jungle she felt it would be wise to learn as much as she could from the locals over the following week and visited the village's modest Alam Museum of Archaeology for more information. She learned there were many dangers in the Belomisia jungle and would want even more of what was being sold on the merchant tables, and there were dangers for which only luck could protect her. After some close scrutiny they seemed satisfied she was more than just another tourist and informed her she could find plenty of places around the village where she'd likely recover some artifacts, just as long she agreed to sell them to the museum.

Indeed over the next couple of days Jana found several spots around the village where she was certain artifacts could be found. Through careful excavation she recovered dirt encrusted shapes which she then took back to her lodge to clean and authenticate, and she felt a thrill as she recovered real authentic artifacts instead of the cheap props buried in kiddie sandboxes back in the college labs. True to their word the museum bought the artifacts from her and paid surprisingly well, she'd be able to stay longer and even venture into the jungle to explore the legendary Omiscan ruins. But she couldn't help wondering how much more others would pay for the artifacts if she smuggled them back home, then shook her head at the direction her mind was going. Looters were the bane of archeology and she reaffirmed her oath never to drift over to that dark side of her desired career, but her curiosity didn't totally let go of the idea.

02BI7d6.png

After a while Jana decided she had enough of recovering and selling artifacts, gathered her supplies, and headed into the jungle. Using her machete she hacked her way through path blocking vines and kept close watch for the dangers she had been warned about. She encountered a couple insect swarm attacks that she was able to fend off with items from her pack, and a couple times helped protect animals from insect attacks. Her first setback was clumsily dropping one of her bags in a pit of quicksand, then also lost her machete trying to fish it out. Deciding she still had enough supplies left she pushed on and luckily didn't need a machete after that. Then she saw incredible views that made the trek through the jungle worthwhile.

Jana encountered a view of ruins and waterfalls that brought up a flirty mood in her, which brought back the memories of the surprise kiss from her friend and her responding with a punch to his face which undoubtedly ended that friendship. Hurrying across a rope bridge and away from those memories she walked into some ruins and for a moment couldn't decide whether to study them or continue on to where more incredible sights were promised. Through an arch she found a large irregularly shaped pool among the ruins that called for her to swim in them. "Didn't think I'd need a swimsuit," she remarked out loud whimsically as she looked over the scene, then continued to explore other trails. Jagged remains of a stone tile floor jutted out into incredible heights and she forgot her feelings of vertigo as she took in the view of forest covered ruins and mountains and the village below. "Wish you could see this Daddy," she whispered touching the arrowhead of her necklace. The setting sun caused her a feeling of urgency and she tore herself away from the view to venture down one more trail.

qMCLzss.png

Moonlight lit the most incredible scene yet, a pyramid shaped Omiscan temple. Forgetting caution she hurried toward the structure only to be surprised by a human skeleton that ran up to her, stopped to drop to the ground and do some sit-ups, then ran off. What, was, that?! She felt shaky as her mind processed having seen an animated human skeleton, it wasn't till much later she'd wonder why it needed to exercise. Recovering from the encounter she dug through her pack in response to hunger pains to find that her supplies had run out. Despite knowing there was a creepy skeleton running around out there Jana desperately wanted to see inside that temple, but she knew she'd be desperate for food and other needs by the time she made it back to the village. It'd also be a good idea to ask the locals about that skeleton anyways she decided as she left promising herself she'd explore the temple another day soon.

CfCdWi9.png

To keep this post from being too lengthy I only used a few of the many pictures (20+) I took, the rest can be viewed at the link below .

https://imgur.com/a/ti1oNcn
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited April 2021

Excerpts from the Journal of Samyr Benali

-So, me and Larissa Whittington, one of my co-workers, were working on a new serum, Rose Perfume, designed to enhance romantic feelings. The thing is, Larissa and I are the only single people at work, everyone else in the lab is married. So, we decided that we would be best suited to test the serum. Then when we had it perfected or at least had a viable working prototype, we both took the serum and planning to document the results, we waited till the end of the day intending to write down any effects we felt that night. Well, it worked all right, but not like we thought. We started flirting with each other and eventually I ended up back at her place in Windenberg, where, well, where I spend the night. I mean, it was kind of insane, Larissa is my dad’s age, OK. I mean, I’ve been with older women, but not women who are old enough to be my mother. I mean, she’s a nice lady and she’s attractive and all but….
    The thing is, I’m not like Zayn, a girl doesn’t have to be a raving beauty to interest me. As long as the girl is into me and, OK, not completely unattractive, well, basically, I’m good to go. Those two girls, the roommates we met when Zayn started doing stand up. Well, Valera Rodriguez, the one Zane was with was a total babe, but Stephanie McCoy, the woman I was with was kind of a full-figure girl, but she had some really nice curves and lots of blond hair and a southern accent and I was totally turned on by her. We hooked up a couple times when I was at Uni, in fact. And, one weekend after she had broken up with a boyfriend, she had me over for a “woohoo call” and asked me if I had a suit, which I did. She had her brother’s wedding coming up and needed a plus one, she told me she would pay my way and all and that we would be staying a 4-star luxury hotel for it, so I went. Zayn, still to this day, sometimes kids me about being a “gigolo”.
    And another girl I met after one of Zayn’s comedy nights. We had gone to a party at an apartment afterwards. Well, she lived there and was kind of plain with glasses and skinny and totally flat-chested and all, not really all that aesthetically pleasing. But, she was into CosPlay and we ended up in her bedroom where she put on her “Witch of the Whistling Woods” costume, which is a character from a fantasy trilogy book series both of us really loved as teens. We started acting out the scene from the book where Prince Altair is captured by the Witch and tortured then seduced, for a secret spell known only to the royal family. Well, let’s just say ropes were involved and a leather stick thing with a feather on it and me being totally turned on by living out one of my fantasies from a book I loved, OK?
    But this thing, well, first of all, it’s totally inappropriate, as my subordinate, I can get in a lot of trouble for woohoo harassment. And then there’s my thing with Lacie, who I really like. And the fact that Larissa is way older than me, which, if I’m honest, did not seem to be a problem that night, not at all. In fact, we had taken turns being the dominate one over the course of the night and I guess because of that, the normal anxiety I feel because I’m trying to make sure the woman I’m with is enjoying things too was gone. I was kind of freed from that and was able to focus on the moment and just enjoy the experience and all. And boy did I. Still, I somehow need to talk to Larissa about it, which I am really nervous about.-

OYxRRaT.jpg
    Samyr and Larissa test the serum together.

ojcTBpS.jpg
    Samyr goes home with Larissa.

1efeeSN.jpg
    And they “connect” some more.

YzDCOfN.jpg
    Apparently, the serum works.

-I finally got to join the CosPlay Club, Bobby Frey’s the president of the club now, so it was pretty much a lock I’d get the open slot. I’m so excited about my first official meeting. I bought a brand new costume, I’m going to be “Darth Maul” a total villain, it will be kind of a nice change from when I would dress up as a knight from my favorite medieval fantasy series, like before. And, it’s unlikely to get me a lot of attention from any women too, so there’s that. I have more than I can handle on that front right now.-

HI5u4lv.jpg
    Samyr attends his first CosPlay Club get together.

-Leon Kenyon, my old roommate from FI visited us the other day, he says they are planning a big party and wants me and Zayn to make sure and be there, and says we can bring dates and all. Yeah, kept my mouth shut about that. Anyway, it was good to see him and we caught up a bit. My roomates are a lot like me, kind of normal sort of average type guys. Zayn’s roommate Jerome, well, he’s a total jock. And he is totally into dating, not into casual woohoo at all. So, him and Zayn make kind of an odd pair, but then me and Zayn aren’t a lot a like either and we’re really close, always have been, that psychologist we saw when mom died, he said it was a twin thing, our bond, I mean. And me and Zayn have always gotten along really well, in spite of our differences, I mean we argue way less than a lot of siblings and way less than we did with Kaden. Jeez, both of us were so jealous of him growing up and all. Probably we both still are to an extent, if I’m honest.-

moahHYC.jpg
    Leon pays a visit to the boys.

-Zayn’s “seeing” (his words) Helen Villareal now. As in Judge Max Villareal’s daughter, who’s been one of dad’s friends since they were little kids and all. I hadn’t seen her since we were little kids though. Zayn brought her by one night and we had a chance to talk a bit. Wow, did she grow up good, she’s really pretty and super nice too. I had remembered Leon telling me that she was at one of Zayn’s performances one time, back in Uni. He asked me if I knew a girl named Helen Vill-something, and I immediately though of her. When I asked Zayn about it, he told me that she was at one of his performances during our fourth term, but that she was dating Ricky Lawson then, Zayn added, that he was a big jock, like on the team at Uni and all. Then thing is, he continued, I felt a real connection with her that night, but as she was with Ricky and all and not the kind of girl who would cheat, you know, I didn’t try anything. Then a few weeks ago she showed up at one of my gigs again, and she told me that she and Ricky had broken up a while ago and well, things progressed. The thing is, Samyr, I really like her, like a lot, you know? Like maybe, she could possibly be the one, I mean.
    Tonight, he’s having dinner with her family in Windenburg. I hope things go well for him. Zayn has never ever talked about any girl seriously till now, so this is kind of a big deal, I think. Plus, maybe if he and Helen work out, well, then my seeing Lacie might not be such a big deal, yeah right, sigh.-

TX91Eqp.jpg
    Zayn and Helen chat before dinner.

6vmWfuQ.jpg
    Dinner with the Villareals.

bnASEwe.jpg
    Zayn and Helen chat while cleaning up the kitchen.

-So, I talked to Larissa, I was really nervous, I mean sweating buckets and stammering and all and she stopped me. She said, Samyr, look, we both got caught up in our experiment and I hope we can both move past it. I admit I enjoyed the night immensely, to be honest you made me feel desirable and you were ardent while at the same time considerate. To be honest, it has been a long time since I was with a man and even longer since I enjoyed it so thoroughly. But, well, the truth is, I’m not cut out to be a “cougar”, so I hope we can get past this and go back to being just colleagues and I hope friends. We shook hands then and I told her we were definitely friends in my book. I was so glad Larissa was an adult about it, that she didn’t harbor any hard feedings. Later, well as I thought back, I realized she had paid me a huge complement. Like, she had really praised me on my technique or whatever. That made me feel really good, not gonna lie.
    And Izzy told me that Keely had a crush on some boy at school when I was over at dad’s the other day. Whew, that was a huge relief. I was kind of sweating over that one too. I mean all I need is for Keely to get upset with me and run to Izzy about it and end up with my whole family up in my business, you know?
    Now, I just have to talk to Zayn, and I think for that I might need some help from my big brother.-

--I invented a freeze ray gun, it’s soo cool! Thing is though, it’s kind of cost prohibitive, like for the police department to use, for example. Still, it’s pretty sweet. I zapped Wolfgang Munch with it, he’s kind of a tool anyway.-

3Tv3ZSb.jpg
    Samyr uses the Ray Gun on Wolfgang

NOTE: Like the proverbial bad penny, I’m back. If you’re wondering why I 've been absent from the forum so long, those of you that remember me, that is, well, I have a pretty good excuse, you see, I moved, as in to another state. So, I was without Internet for a looong time, yeah. Anyway, I really want to continue with my Tutorial Guys story, there’s not much longer to go.

Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    So, this is me playing with the Paraskevas family for a bit. It's not from anyone's particular perspective, so I wrote it in the third person. I'll be playing them a bit more, until Helen ages up (her birthday is three days away), and then I'll be back with the Mastersons.

Paraskevas Family

It was Thursday morning, and Alexander and Helen had just enough time to complete their homework before going off to school. (In fact, Alexander was actually late!)

9DrhcaZ.jpg
    NIfOMZG.jpg

Anastasia has the City Native aspiration, so she had to go and introduce herself to a new person in three of the city neighbourhoods. Firstly, she went to Waterside Warble in the Spice Market and introduced herself to the barmaid.

4BLkUDj.jpg

Next, she popped over to Planet Honey Pop! in the Fashion District, and got chatting to the barmaid there, Sofia Bjergsen. She also bumped into Morgyn Ember. Apparently the snow-inside is a known Planet Honey Pop! glitch. It's not too problematic, I don't go there often.

4ovVWHT.jpg

As part of the aspiration, Anastasia had to eventually master the singing skill. She bought herself a microphone to practice.
    Wow, my voice sounds awful right now, she thought. Thank Plumbob no-one is here to hear my croaking...

jDSVbot.jpg

Alexander invited Xanthe over after school. Considering Erytheia was his girlfriend, he thought it would be a good idea to also befriend her siblings and parents, or at least maintain a positive relationship with them.

0ZaKcPA.jpg

Magic practice!

Uoh5ntu.jpg

These two <3

DsNl8mh.jpg

And then Caroline popped over, too! I don't know why Joaquin Le Chien turned up.

CPBJG8x.jpg

It's always really scary when you discover a monster under your bed!

t5YUWpU.jpg

While the kids were asleep, Anastasia and Nicholas began to fall in love...

daUlVNh.jpg

As part of her aspiration, Anastasia needed to order from 3 food stalls. So, on Friday lunchtime, she went to an Indian food stall and ordered a curry. It was rather hot, but she figured that she'd get used to the heat the more she ate it.

JZX7flY.jpg

I used the "freerealestate" cheat to move them to VIII Landgraab Apartments, because why not :D:D

wmW1sFA.jpg

Caroline popped over for a visit.
    "Wow, this is a great place! Now you're city slickers like us!"
    "Yeah. I'm sure Alexander will appreciate living much closer to Erytheia..."
    "Oh yes. Those two are so sweet together."

7P1VeVK.jpg

"Hey Alex! I didn't know you lived in San Myshuno!"
    "Well, we did only just move here," Alexander laughed.
    "Fair enough. Now we can see each other more often! We should go to some of the food stalls when the weather's less cold."

H1dpS7X.jpg

Lily Feng, the family's new neighbour, came over to complain about the noise level.
    "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, we only just moved in you see," Anastasia apologised. "We've not lived in an apartment before."
    "Oh, right, I didn't realise," Lily replied. "Where did you live before?"
    "Willow Creek," Anastasia said. "But I fancied living in San Myshuno. I've got friends here, and I really love the lively atmosphere. I guess I'll have to remember to be more considerate in future."
    "That's alright. Just try not to have your TV or your stereo on too late. And welcome to San Myshuno."

f0qcgH0.jpg

Remember how I said that romance can happen really fast? This is ONE GAME DAY after they started falling in love. They were already friends, which helped.

djoen1m.jpg

Anastasia donned a beautiful green dress, which complemented her red hair. The guys wore suits, and Helen wore a smart white dress with a pink sash. (Caroline was also invited, but she didn't end up watching... she got waylaid by fans. Ah, the perils of being a Global Superstar...)

biFnut2.jpg

Inspired by the romantic atmosphere, there was only one thing Alexander wanted to do...
    "Perhaps we'll get married one day?" he whispered.
    Erytheia said nothing, but Alexander didn't need a response. Her smile told him everything.
    "And don't worry, this isn't a proposal," he laughed. "I'd like to graduate from university first."
    "Yeah, me too. What would you like to do?"
    "Either Communications or Language and Literature, I'm not sure yet," Alexander said. "I'm guessing you want to do Culinary Arts?"
    "Of course!"

eqkSpW2.jpg
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Came across a challenge called 5 Year Celebration Legacy (created by @PhDSimmer), and I wanted to try it out on Jewel.
    Feel free to try the challenge out: TS4: 5 Year Celebration Legacy

(I may have broken a couple of rules for Generation One. I was supposed to start in either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, but ended up at Newcrest.)
    Jewel Knowles is a hardworking woman who wants to accomplish to be well-renowned doctor. She loves to go out to the great outdoors since she was little and listen to music, mostly the blues, which is her favorite color.
    During her free time, Jewel would paint to hang up in her house or make some quick buck to buy better furniture and a trip to Granite Falls.
    uY6EYeC.png

Whether she's wearing her casual clothes or in scrubs, she still looks good.
    IcPSr9C.png

She met a cute guy (one of her patients at work), Matthew Harrison, and they got along well.
    (Now this is where I broke another rule. Jewel was supposed to marry someone who works in an active career from GTW, but they're either married or not that good-looking. Don't mean to be shallow, it's for Jewel.)
    4Sw1gTj.png
    eV79yPD.png

Their moment was then interrupted by a surprise visit of her bff, Julia, who took an interest with Matthew.
    aKhaNam.png
    oXtBeg3.png

In order to get out of this situation, Matthew pretended to feel ill, and Jewel invited him inside to take care of him...
    CVx6Qkh.png

...with love and care.
    xDUyi6n.png
    4yKtzeO.png

Jewel woke up feeling ill and found out she was pregnant after taking the test.
    (Funny story: Jewel asked Matthew if he wants to stay the night. He agreed, but soon left. I think he knows what's up.)
    DQ3IDhO.png

Jewel and Matthew went to the Romance Festival soon after Jewel's promotion, and it's the perfect time to announce her pregnancy and their first kiss.
    JCalR4l.png
    3bFu6fV.png

Matthew moved in with Jewel, and they couldn't wait to be parents.
    kZQdDl7.png

Pretty weird when some random dude confessed his feelings for you. Especially if that dude is married and a father...twice.
    1vjLFoD.png

Fast forward when Jewel had a baby (and many promotions later)...
    It's a boy, and his name is Jasper.
    8kr4afs.png
    5tauqEX.png

Soon after the birth of their son, Matthew decided to tie the knot with Jewel.
    (Thanks a lot, MCC!)
    BzQHSau.png
    uu19iGK.png

Also I forgot to mention in my last post about Tristan. He's a spellcaster.
    kwzEXd0.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Sulani Rags to Riches Challenge: The Orphan Merman: Calden Azure

In need of something fun to do after school, the young merman dove underwater in search of seashells.

51114710868_780f04ab8b_b.jpg
    Calden became an orphan at a young age, and he never had a place beyond the sea to call home. Exploring the deep blue, it always made him smile.

51114235362_c6b9d720f4_b.jpg

With the shore beyond his reach, he found a lot of fun swimming around the reefs. The fish and dolphins were his closest friends.

51114554324_2f78b76098_b.jpg

Calden flicked his tail and arched his back for a sharp turn, the power of his tail made each kick thrilling as he sped through the water.

51114235792_acc77b58a1_c.jpg

After swimming a few laps, Calden called his ocean familiar, Marlin, for a quick chat.

51114710848_7ba877c4b1_c.jpg

Marlin was distracted by the stars when he surfaced, so Calden leaped out of the water splashed him.

51114710448_3473905f85_b.jpg

Marlin: "Why'd you splash me?"

Calden: "I wanted to show you that I can jump out of the water too."

Marlin: "That was a pretty good jump, but I think you could do better."

Calden: "Barnacles, I thought I did a pretty good leap."

Marlin: "It takes practice. Try not to worry about it too much."

51114235347_54c41e645e_b.jpg

51114235772_dc7e07c8a8_b.jpg

Marlin pulled away and squirt Calden.

Calden: "No fair, pufferfish."

Marlin squirt Calden: "Am not."

Calden: "Are too."

51115592860_9d31d3caef_b.jpg

Calden: "I don't know how humans endure the heat. It's so much cooler in the sea."

Marlin: "And you actually want to live on land."

Calden: "I don't want to live on land. I want to make a difference for the sea. I still plan on spending plenty of time in the sea after I get squid legs."

51115592840_9ecdd656e7_b.jpg

Calden: "By the way, if you fetch me a treasure, I'll give you this sardine."

Marlin: "I don't trust you. You wouldn't feed me your friend."

Calden released the fish into the sea. The fish swam away as quickly as it could.

Calden: "You got me, but do you think you could fetch me something anyways."

51114801801_dbbf10c899_b.jpg

Marlin: "Of course! Just don't torture anymore fish friends."

51114801461_b64aff3d5f_c.jpg

51115592830_f940b68547_b.jpg

Calden: "That was fast."

Marlin: "I'm no sea turtle."

51115592805_3eec599ac4_b.jpg

Early in the morning, Calden pulled himself onto the shore and studied the Art of Shapeshifting into a Human Form. One passage caught his attention.

A mer with an Elder Bloodline can sing an Inspiring Berceuse with the power to inspire change and give the gift of shapeshifting to a mer that lacks the ability.

Now, Calden was even more motivated to prove to Kemps that he could be responsible living among humans. He wasn't a guppy.

51114710808_0b9207f3ae_c.jpg

After finishing his studies, he left for Kanaloa High.

51114235337_2ebcdd61d2_b.jpg

To win over Kemps, Calden decided to make some friends. He started by introducing himself to the pod's other merlings. Lyric was the first one he met.

Calden did his best to mimic the way humans introduce themselves: "What's flying."

51114710793_ccebda673d_c.jpg

As the sun set, Calden told Lyric an Outrageous Story.

Calden: "And that's when I noticed that it was a soda can instead of treasure."

51114235722_5d6609d736_c.jpg

Calden: "As it turns out, a little fish that thought he was bigger than he was got very attached to the can. He pecked at me until I left his gills puffed out as if to show off how tough he was."

51114554254_42f4546e53_c.jpg

Calden: "But wait, when I left him with his can, a single kick of my tail sent the soda can into a small nook in the shipwreck. I felt so bad for the little fish swimming after his can. I turned around to help."

51115592475_246a4c298f_c.jpg

Lyric: "That must've been rough."

Calden: "That's not even the end of it."

51114710783_d913cf280a_c.jpg

Calden: "The nook in the ship was another fish's home. I had to settle two little fishies down before I could get the can out of the other fish's home."

51114553924_cc6c8a16d2_c.jpg

Calden: "In the end, I had to enlist the help of a crab to get the can out because I couldn't fit my hand in the nook. But, after all of that, the little fish gave up on the tin can and became fascinated with ship's anchor. The other fish was happy to have his home free of the trash, and I took the can and stored it with my collection. I'll dispose of it once I get my squid legs."

Lyric: "Fish are like that sometimes."

51114235697_e70915bb0f_c.jpg

Andria swam up to the merboys.

Andria: "Lyric, what are you doing out here so late. It's one in the morning."

Lyric: "Sorry mom, Calden was just telling me this crazy story about a fish and a soda can. I'll get to bed, promise. See ya, Calden."

Andria: "Calden, feel free to get some rest and stay in the reef here. You'll need to put in a lot of effort if you want to shapeshift into a human form."

51114235322_c1de33652a_b.jpg

As the sun rose, Calden returned to his studies before school. When he returned home from Kanaloa High, he was now an A student. For the weekend, he had big plans for meeting as many members of the pod as he could around Mua Pel'Am.
    Two more challenge goals complete.

51115592755_4910a942a7_w.jpg

At the merfolk's secret spot, Dylan and his little brother, Juniper, were swimming around. Calden managed to catch up to them before they left.

51114554199_03f437e419_c.jpg

After introducing himself, Calden started expressing his love of the sunshine, but this seemed to upset the older merman. Calden didn't know that he was talking to the Water Elemental and Earth Elemental of Plants. He didn't know that they were more than mermen. He did notice Dylan's sparkling blue tail, solid colors were unusual traits. Calden was almost leaping out of his scales with joy at the thought of meeting another merperson with an Elder Bloodline.

51114710413_e8425b8714_c.jpg

Calden: "This might be a silly question, but do you think you can teach me how to shapeshift into a human form."

Dylan: "You can't change your form. The water is the element of change and all merfolk are connected to that element."

Calden: "I know it's embarrassing, but I don't know how to change into a human form. I want to help the sea, and I need to be able to walk among humans to do that."

Dylan: "I know I could use all the help I could get looking after the sea, but I don't know how to help you. I'm sorry. I would if I knew how to help."

Calden: "Can't you sing an Inspiring Berceuse and grant me the ability."

Dylan: "That sounds easy enough, but I'm not sure. Have you gone to Uncle Kemps about this? He's responsible for the entire pod and the merfolk visiting the islands."

Calden: "I did, but he wants me to prove to him that I can be responsible around humans before giving me the gift."

Dylan: "Then I would wait for him to make a decision. Humans can be a challenge to interact with if you don't know how to handle yourself around them."

51115592455_076597c94f_b.jpg

Disappointed by Dylan's response, Calden decided to call it a day and went to sleep. He floated under the waves near a reef by the Mua Pel'Am Merfolk's secret swimming spot.

51114801731_69a9b6ab45_b.jpg

I didn't realize how long this update would be until I started writing the story. So, I'm braking up the story into two parts.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    A small challenge status update.

While Calden has a story to tell, he's also doing a rags to riches challenge. Here's some stats.

51114710593_1c345dac69.jpg

1000 simoleans isn't bad for not leaving the sea for collectibles. I thought it was more, and it might be more currently.

He's an A student.

He has Level 2 Handiness and Level 3 Logic. This unlocks the option to construct a bathroom, but he still needs to buy the items for the bathroom from the Undine Emporium.

He is in range for the Well-Mannered and Responsible Traits.

He has the Cold and Heat Acclimation traits that are required for building the Bedroom.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @sunblond Welcome back! I really enjoyed that update. Good thing he and Larissa ended up on the same page about their little work accident.

@JustMeAlb Welcome to Jana! She looks ready for adventure. I don't know why skeletons exercise either, but that part of your story made me lol.

@Metior_Ice My choice between Alexander and Lucas would depend on how each of them turned out. They both have a tendency to look a little wonky when they age up sometimes, so I'd go with whoever looks better. Besides that, I'd probably lean towards Lucas on the island because he's always been the outdoorsy type in my game.

@Lucy_Henley Pretty wedding! Looks cold, but pretty!

@DeafSimmer I love the bit with the fish. I hadn't seen that before, though there have been lots of screenshots of people turned into rabbit statues.

This week I've been playing my retirement community in Sulani.

For anyone who doesn't remember or wasn't here, my retirement community is mostly made up of premades whose children I aged up and married into one of the households of the extended family I play in rotation, plus some townies. I aged them all up because they needed to age with the families they were associated with. At the end of last rotation, the inhabitants were Justin and Supriya Delgato and Moira and Dominic Fyres, as everyone else had died (or married a Batuu alien and moved out). In between rotations I moved in Dennis Kim and Vivian Lewis, because Olivia will be getting married next time, and Blossom and Mary Greenburg because Knox just moved in with Billie Jang.

Under the first spoiler - goodbye to Justin and Vivian, but Dennis manages to survive.
    Justin died less than a day after I entered the lot.
    Wej0qZm.png

The island spirits on this lot make this look more ethereal than usual.
    LWfT38P.png

My tradition is to have my sims transport the gravestone to the cemetery and then have a drink in honor of the deceased. Supriya invited Pierce, Evie and their sons Adam and Darius to join her.
    m5lb7kP.png

Dennis Kim came along also, in character to help comfort his new friend.
    ZSCQE4O.png

Dennis and Vivian had the same problem I had with the Jangs a while back... for whatever reason they didn't have the usual two weeks before their first end of life warning. They had about two days. I failed to earn Vivian enough aspiration points fast enough to get her a potion of youth to keep her alive, so she was only in my game a short time. She did get dine with the group a couple of times, and joined them at Geekcon, where they hogged the big tv to watch a scifi film.
    omRgHOb.png
    jXZ3tz3.png

They were still mourning Justin at this point so they're quite a mix of sad about that and happy with the film.
    kH1Wp4H.png

And no long after that they were mourning again.
    QpGdATj.png

So the real reason Dennis went with Supriya and family to the graveyard was because I was taking him everywhere trying to fulfill whims and complete some levels of the Friend of the World aspiration.
    He also joined the Coffee and Contemplation club which is focused mostly on coffee and low key activities like fishing.
    qc5I8pn.png

He accepted an invitation to dinner with Alice.
    X4apH2A.png

When he had a whim to send a happy text, I chose his teen granddaughter Olivia, and then she invited him to Windenberg, so he did some fishing with her too.
    1fXjDEk.png

And finally he met enough people and filled enough social and fishing whims to guarantee himself another 10ish days of life!
    2sGwBL5.png

In the middle of the week they had the Summer's End holiday, which is the last Friday of summer. (My weeks run Tues-Mon, so Friday is about in the middle) They spent it at the beach.

Apparently Dominic has a dolphin friend.
    xhNjPOm.png

I decided that Blossom was a bit laid back and relaxed by nature, while Mary craves a little more excitement.
    N3hBslk.png
    fAMx5h3.png

As time passed (each sim week is about equal to four years by my reckoning) Supriya became ready to explore something more than friendship with a man again. She and Dennis are pretty cute together.
    QsLPzeX.png

Under this spoiler - getting to know Blossom and Mary and saying goodbye to Dominic and Moira.
    I gave Blossom the painting aspiration because I didn't want to find a place for the fabricator on the lot, and I got Mary into the fishing aspiration.
    vGTFPQG.png
    PyeHf98.png

They're pretty cute at the beach. I love the way they were designed and dressed. My sims have a habit of doing things on top of their sand sculptures, but this was the first time I ever had them build another sculpture basically on top of one.
    Rl8TQBJ.png
    5NDkdYj.png

Yay turtle castle combo!
    isgWToK.png

The ladies also took a trip back to Evergreen Harbor to visit Knox and meet the new baby.
    My fears of triplets were unfounded, and Billie has given birth to one baby girl, who will be named Priscilla.
    YxRUlOu.png
    xWPJNjI.png

They took time to chat with Knox's girlfriend Billie, and her son Jacob.
    VaZJuzU.png
    Um32xXC.png

It may bother them that Knox is closer to Jacob's age than Billie's... but they usually don't say anything. Though whatever they were talking about here Mary had the ball and chain to a wedding ring conversation bubble and Billie is staring daggers into the back of her head...lol.
    ip9uAkq.png

I knew it was getting close to Dominic and Moira's time, so I had them invite their family over. I didn't get pictures with their daughters but their granddaughter Farrah brought her teen attitude.
    onTWxsB.png

Still, she had some nice loving moments after dinner.
    664sH02.png

And I gave them a few romantic moments also.
    shzHoMH.png

And early the next morning...
    PY99LgC.png

And then before the reaper had even left the room...
    y7aP8T1.png

We buried them in the cemetery, together on the left. Dennis is kneeling at Justin's grave in this picture, probably telling him he promises to make Supriya as happy as he can. Athena's two spouses are in between.
    rKTBMzw.png

Afterwards the remaining group had some tropical drinks in their honor.
    2j3iP24.png
    aRS7Tce.png

I think there were about two days out of this week that they weren't mourning someone... but at least they got their beach days and a little romance and family time in between!

Besides that, Olivia aged up and turned out quite nice I thought.
    gDadzgM.png

And I did some work on my Andreas family museum, to store all the portraits I keep taking.
    GEmsNph.png

And then today I treated myself to Paranormal Stuff on sale as a late birthday present. So that's what I'll be doing this weekend!
    Happy Simming!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top