Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice I have had the stairs problem also. Toddlers have no problems, but every other age can only use certain staircases.
    I'm sorry for your loss. We lost our last cat in February and it was hard. Also I am sorry to hear you've lost your save again. Hope the next one stays stable for a while! I don't usually play couples with big age differences either, but my game seems to have at least one exception to every rule I set.

There are a lot more posts between this one and my last comments, but that's as far as I got tonight!

I sent them my save and screenshots. I'm not great about sending feedback, and I sometimes struggle with the instructions. I haven't been able to make much progress actually playing the game because the game crashes while I'm in build mode and lots that worked before the patch are unusable until I fix things in build mode. I'm trying to stay positive and think of this as a way to push myself to build in a way I didn't think about building before. Unfortunately, the way the game keeps crashing while I'm in build mode for extended periods of time is making it virtually impossible to do anything.

But, it's the weirdest thing... Because of how I play with merfolk, I've learned to use pools in unconventional ways. In fact, it has become normal for me to use pools for intricate hallways, living rooms, and bedrooms. The stairs built where I used pools did not become unusable after the patch. My working theory is that pools can't be built on top of each other, so to build pools that criss-cross you need one floors worth of space between the pools. The stairs near the pools, consequently did not have the rooms above them like in the rest of the house. For other parts of the house, I would create a room above the stairs so that I could easily remove the floor (it creates an evenlook). Everywhere I built these rooms above the stairs I've had problems with sims being able to use them. This becomes increasingly challenging with smaller lots that might require stairs in closer proximity.

For the little bit of time I spent playing the game, I had the game crash repeatedly during Talk Like a Pirate Day. I'm guessing the socials between sims that satisfy the holiday's tradition can result in Sentiments that trigger the crash. I know that Dylan and Zephyr got positive sentiments about being around each other. Zephyr was Adoring (Wanting the best for Dylan) toward Dylan (A one star celebrity at the time) and Dylan had a sentiment that made him generally enjoy being around Zephyr.

Aside from that, there was weirdness with the platforms that progressively became less of an issue but that's probably because I finished them after hours of crashes. I still have the game crash when I start building with platforms.

I consistently lose audio while building platforms and fixing the stairs to make them accessible.

I'm incredibly stubborn, but I've sent close 15 crash reports at this point in time. I just don't have the energy for this anymore. I'm probably going to do other things while I work on stuff.

I find myself making exceptions at times too. I didn't want to, but I made Dylan and Zephyr Teens again. They should have all their aspirations completed, and I'll have to rebuild their friendship and character values. However, I'm hoping to develop sentiments and regain the connection they had as family members. When I age them up again, it should make the game recognize them as the identical twins I intended them to be if it doesn't already. They should be recognized as twins regardless because that's how they were born. I also fixed their overly buff physique from the body builder aspiration. I think the child life stage might've made more sense given Ember's age. However, the game does not support a merform in the child life stage, so I made Dylan and Zephyr older than I wanted.

I might seem obsessed about the life stage difference for merfolk, but I've manage to do a lot to build a house that is 70-90% swimmable water that uses the merform... The problem I have with merchildren is their tendency to be almost, if not exactly, as autonomous as the adults with going to the ocean or pools to swim. I get the very distinct vibe that my sims want to be more involved with the ocean world, but the absence of a merform makes merchildren look out of place in their own families.

The difference between having a merform or not has a huge impact on how I design their house. My build designs are almost split between water and land simply to accommodate life states that have nearly, but incomplete, forms. The time it takes to build houses to accommodate the children and younger while also accommodating the teens and up is huge. I almost always feel like my child and toddler sims don't belong in their own family until they become teens with how separate I have to make things. I don't like the feeling of splitting up families within their own home because of a difference in physical form. Unfortunately, I suspect the game crashing while in build mode will make building accommodating homes for my merfolk sims more difficult, if not impossible.

With that in mind, the conversation I created between Zephyr or Dylan and Rylan hit me. Why is it so strange that merfolk litter and hurt Mua Pel'am. The only things they can do in as merfolk in Sulani is swim around, splash, fish with an aquatic lure that attract higher quality and rarer fish, conjure storms, and clear the skies. Free diving doesn't count for much when you don't follow your sim underwater, the snorkeling interaction isn't available until you become a marine biologist, and instead swimming water routes, merfolk will run around on land. Their identities as merfolk are designed to be hidden so merfolk in the Sims 4 spend so much time hiding what they are that they almost lost their merfolk identities. Why should any merfolk around Sulani care about what happens to the ocean? They don't have the option to live there and the things they can do as merfolk are severely limited.

I can think of a number of real-life hobbies and life styles that would give merfolk more depth... Some of these include pacific island people who have physically adapted the ability to see clearly underwater in the ocean because they lived so close to the ocean over multiple generation and will practically run and swim along the seafloor freediving while fishing for food. There are people who create air bubbles with special dive gear that lets them spend more time underwater.

So, I'm making an exception to my own rules too. I can definitely see how the game leads to that.

Thank you, after losing my cat, I've been trying to escape into my game while I adjust to her not being around. I was trying to let the emotions slowly work themselves out. Now, my game has become a source of stress instead of the escape I'm looking for. My alternative is Subnautica, a survival game that takes places in an underwater open world. The character you play as is isolated from all human contact with only recordings of dead people to find. The perfect game for life during a Pandemic... Oh, the main character is also looking for a cure to a deadly pathogen.
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm borrowing someone's laptop this time to post updates, and switching from postimg to imgbox. Two game crashes this time, but lucky for me, I made a habit of saving the game every 5 minutes!

@Metior_Ice I tend to be detail-oriented sometimes too :smile: And being a mermaid is so convenient for preventing weight gain :)
    @Daephene The collage files generated by Photojoiner are much smaller than the Screenshot files, so they load much faster here :) I'm glad you're liking some of my characters :)
    @Becka28 The hospital scene is quite common in low-level gigs, I think. And yeah, Manuel was designed to be so handsome <3 I wonder if the real-life Manuel would also make you swoon :D
    Reality Kings Season 2-Episode 7

Erik is now a Junior Artiste (but his trophy is missing :'( )
    Ep7-sc-2.png

They have a new neighbor, a random townie named Kim (now living in their cheap former apartment). Erik invited Luna over, and they "messed around" in the former bedroom of Erik's parents in their former apartment.
    Ep7a.jpg

However, Erik suddenly found Luna so boring, so he decided to end their relationship. Erik spent the rest of the evening with Kim.
    Ep7b.jpg
    Ep7-sc-3.png
    Ep7-sc-4.png

During the Harvestfest, Dane visited Erik's household, and they had a simple celebration of the occasion by eating Grand Breakfast together and appeasing gnomes.
    Ep7c2.jpg
    Ep7-sc-5.png

The following day, when Erik returned home from his Drama Club performance (where his parents watched), he started flirting with Kim. Eventually he asked her to be his girlfriend, making her his second official girlfriend. They "messed around" in the new bedroom of Erik's parents when they were away.
    Ep7b2.jpg
    Ep7c.jpg

Show spoiler to see what happened the following day.
    However, Kim has a habit of entering Erik's residence without even knocking, acting as if she's in her own house. Erik was very irritated, so he decided to break up with her right away!
    Ep7d.jpg
    Ep7-sc-6.png

The following day (Winter Day 1), Erik celebrated his birthday in Myshuno Meadows with close friends and relatives. He took selfie with some friends including "Rising Star" Manuel. He uploaded the selfie images to social media at once.
    Ep7e.jpg
    Ep7-sc-9.png

Also included among the guests were some women he had "fling" with. Erik blew the candles and aged up to young adult.
    Ep7f.jpg

Show spoiler to see Erik's new trait.
    He acquired the new trait "Creative" which will make him inspired occasionally.Ep7-sc-7.png
    Ep7-sc-8.png

Erik joined the acting career track right away at Level 3. His first talent agency is Everyday Extras. He, Manuel, and Mick are now co-workers.
    Ep7-sc-1.png

The guests enjoyed the party and the effects of the Haunted Mint Ice Cream :D
    Ep7g.jpg

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Post edited by SwanSong93 on
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    @Daephene Miranda's son is a few days older than the others.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Despite the game crashing that has been happening, I got quite a bit done.
    A few days ago, I pulled a Link Wolf and Kitsune fox from the gallery, and bred them together. I did the breeding in CAS, so they were part of the household. I used the edit household mode, and sent the offspring throughout the played sims. I liked the offspring so much, that I created a new family, and bred them again as a different household, and did the same.
    I named one pairing Link Wolf and Kitsune Magic, and the other set Link Wolf and Kitsune Mage. I moved Madara Magic and Navi Mage, which were offspring from their respective parents into a house where I have a teen living by herself. I bred them together, and after playing it a it, they had two daughters. I plan to breed Navi's brother Hero with Madara's sister Zelda. As for the names, Navi is named after the Legend of Zelda games, and Madara is named after a character in a manga I like.
  • princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    I started the Not So Berry Challenge and re-fell in love with Berry Sims! So here's my Mint Foundress, Julep Fizzle~
    egvze8Y.png
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @DoodlyDoofus - I love the idea of a pufferfish death restaurant!

@SwanSong93 - Glad to see Mick's auditions going so well! Ugh - the gnomes...good for you for appeasing them...I have abolished them from my Sim World, lol.

@HillyBeth - RIP Ben.

@GreatestPlanner - That onsie is adorable!! Lol, I feel like mom groups just end up chatting even if they had other things planned anyways. So it is actually pretty close to reality, lol.

@RedDestiny92 - The new world looks beautiful - I can't wait to explore.

@Daephene - No, no they definitely didn't have a good start...but that is part of what makes game play fun. The rest of their rotation was relatively uneventful.

@princess2109 - Very pretty Sim - good luck with the Berry challenge :smile:
    @SwanSong93 It is convenient to have a sim that develops high fitness naturally. Like every skill, higher levels unlock new options for performing the skills.

Also, congrats for Mick succeeding in the acting career.

Later this evening, I'm going to try again with editing my merfolk sim's house. If I can finish thd build, it should make things playable again, minus the potential for crashes during gameplay. I'm very hopeful that I can edit the house without crashes while in build mode.

I'm thinking of putting Dylan in drama club. One of the Creative Aspirations I want him to complete is the Actor aspiration. Dylan's painting, singing, and musical instrument skills make building fame super easy. It would be difficult for him to not get famous quickly.

I'm trying to think of Knowledge skills that can result in fame gain. If I make Dylan famous, I want Zeph's fame to keep up with Dylan's. So far, I can only think of things in the conservation career and exploring space.
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Well today I've created some quality drama and it got bigger somehow accidentally. I got my not so berry founder Michelle Faraday married to Wolfgang Munch as soon as they were adults. Wolfgang has grown into a rockstar since then, and he's surrounded by all these fans passing out. Michelle didn't like that (jealous trait) so I decided to spice up the story hooking Wolfgang up with some girls. My poor mint berry gal saw his husband and Morgan Fryes woohooing in the nightclub closet and got MAD. She went to work (scientist) very sad next day and guess whose little brother showed up there, all grown up into a really hot sim dude?
    Oh boy, seems like this legacy's gonna produce some Calientes and Lotharios instead of berries. B)
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited November 2020
    Excerpts from the Journal of Omar Benali

-Plum it all, that Bo Bennett is a cagey one, he got Zayn to invite him over the other day after school. I mean, he’s not fooling me one bit. He waited for his chance to get time alone with Izzy, I saw them sitting in the dining room together all goggley eyed. And it’s not just him either, every guy that shows up here tries to arrange to get Izzy alone. Well, except for Carlos Monte**gro, he and Izzy are apparently just friends. According to Felipe, he’s dating some girl from over in Windenburg, who’s the granddaughter of the Executive Chef of Chez Llama. Boy do I remember him, he was Uncle Kyle’s bitterest rival back in the day. At least that’s one teenage boy I don’t mind seeing over here. Although I think he may have had an ulterior motive for his last visit too, to be honest. Because right after that, Izzy got Zayn to agree to let Carlos try out for the bowling team. I mean, Felipe and Roxie were on the team as teens and Felipe’s on my team now, so it seems like Carlos would be a good fit and a shoe in. But, I try not to interfere in that bowling club stuff, not unless I have to, I want my boys to learn about leadership like I did, by doing it for themselves.
    So, Carlos had to try out and he bowled a decent game and Zayn let him have the open slot. I’m sure his mom and dad will see that he gets in some practice and show him some pointers now that he’s on the team. But, I guess Zayn having him try out is a good thing, it will make him appreciate being on the team more in the long run. I will say that Zayn does take being the captain of the team very seriously, which was a bit of a surprise. I mean, he’s generally not my most serious son, but when it comes to that and his guitar, well, he does seem to be pretty diligent.-

OzNjblP.jpg
    Bo comes home with Zayn.

xv3BOLX.jpg
    Omar watches Izzy and Bo.

9Ne2UiA.jpg
    Carlos tries out for Ten Pin Teens.

ihfz8tE.jpg
    Zayn gets bowling tips from Iggy Pancakes.

om1saCi.jpg
    While Samyr “mentors” Keely Pancakes.

-Having teens in the house to help with Farrah is a watchersend. It makes things way easier than when the boys were all little, I can tell you that. Early on, I let all of them know that they were ‘expected” to help out, no exceptions. That’s how it was over at the Denney house with Austin and I wanted it to be like that here too. It sure makes thing easier on me and Josie, having other people we can depend on to lend a hand with Farrah. Izzy’s really good about it, the boys not so much, but they are learning, albeit reluctantly.
    The Goth teens, Philip and Rebecca are over a lot, they are technically family now since Kaden’s married to Christine, so it kind of makes sense, plus Rebecca and Izzy are the same age and all. That Philip though, I don’t trust that boy, if you ask me he’s over here to see Izzy, not to “hang out” with my boys, just saying.-

gkPQcAp.jpg
    Farrah is a toddler.

CyePvyk.jpg
    If your big brother ignores you, just dance.

Km4D7Vv.jpg
    Philip visits, a lot.

JlNqLku.jpg
    Rebecca and Izzy play chess and talk with Lenny.

-Iggy called me and wanted to come over and talk, I had an idea why. Samyr and Keely are getting pretty, you know, close and all now. I was betting he wanted to talk about it. I can’t blame him, Samyr is older than Keely. If it was me, well, let’s just say I’d be concerned too. Iggy basically wanted my advice, he was wondering if he should let Keely go on dates with Samyr. Well, that’s a hard one. I don’t want my Izzy going on dates, but her mom says it’s pretty much inevitable, so we have to embrace it and put down some ground rules. Yeah, that embrace it thing is not gonna fly with me. And ultimately, that’s what I said to Iggy, for my part, I did tell him that I had had long talks with all my boys on being respectful around girls. But, that to be honest, I didn’t trust any teenage boy around Izzy. That I was a total hypocrite, while I am OK for my boys to date, with Izzy, well, let’s just say I have a double standard, I’m not proud of it, but there it is. Iggy sighed and said he wishes that he’d had boys sometimes. Him and me both, they are so much easier as teenagers.
    Ultimately, Iggy is allowing Samyr and Keely to go on dates, Iggy or her mother will take and pick Keely up though. No getting in a car and driving around with Samyr. I totally get that part. So, Samyr and Keely had their first official date at that diner close to the bowling alley, that place must still be the hub of teen dating, it sure was in my day. And Samyr waltzes in the house afterwards like he was the lead in an old B&W movie, so I’m guessing it went well. Unfortunately, Samyr got food poisoning afterwards, a mild case, but he was in and out of the bathroom all that night.-

kCVEBXe.jpg
    Samyr has Keely over, but they never get any alone time, it seems.

Qv4B5bb.jpg
    Finally a private chat in front of the fridge.

N9ik14F.jpg
    Samyr orders for them both on their date.

M8j1nks.jpg
    They get to talk, just the two of them, at last.

RRiIw4h.jpg
    Samyr makes a move at the end of the date.

ZSfCfWg.jpg
    Later, Samyr suffers from food poisoning.

-Than was over, he says Mai has made a BFF, it’s not someone from the League of Adventurers either. Than said it was a boy named Seth Kalani-Garner, and that he was recently adopted by a gay couple. Brice Kalani, who, by the way, is the older brother of Chantel, Samyr’s ex girlfriend, and his partner Micah Garner, who is an ex boyfriend of Tucker’s from high school. Small world, right. Anyway Than says that Seth is very recently adopted and so doesn’t have any friends at his new school just like Mai, she’s in a new school too now, since the move. Than confessed he had been worried that Mai would get lonely, after the move, what with not having her friends around and being in a new school, so he is thrilled that she got in the Kid’s Club and had made a new friend already. It may be kind of mean of me, but seeing my brother concerned about his little girl and worrying makes me feel good, kind of like I’m not the only one who gets like that, OK?-

9Mp1D7j.jpg
    Mai is in the League of Adventurers.

OS02odQ.jpg
    Mai makes a new friend, Seth Kalani-Garner.

5Pnzw7b.jpg
    Mai and Seth are BFF’s now.

-Zayn asked me if I would help him buy a keyboard he saw at that pawn shop, the same one where he got the guitar. He can take piano lessons at school and really wants to learn it now too. I told him we could go look, and I meant just look at it over the weekend. Then when the kids were at school and Josie went to work, I called Victor. I asked him if he had any advise about pianos and told him about Zayn and all, and explained that I wanted to get something decent, but not spend a mint either. Victor told me he would call around and talk to his distributors, they sometimes had good deals on returns and repos.
    The thing is, I don’t like that tinny sound those keyboards make, I prefer the sound of a real piano, and if Zayn’s going to learn to play one, well, I would rather listen to the real thing while he’s doing it.
    I was taking care of Farrah, I spend a lot of time with her, when the kids are at school and Josie at work, it’s just me and her at home alone a lot of times. She’s getting to be quite the daddy’s little girl I think.
    Later, Victor called me back and he had found a deal for me on a return, the piano was decent he said, nothing fancy, but well made and he could have it delivered right away, the sooner the better, as it was just taking up needed space in some warehouse. He was going to sell it to me at cost, I told him that I was willing to pay him a fair price for it and all, but Victor wouldn’t hear of it. True to his word in a couple hours two guys delivered it and set it up. Victor also got a piano tuner to come over and make sure it was tuned too. I kind of felt like I was taking advantage of Victor and all, but what can you do? When the kids got home from school, well, I didn’t say a word to Zayn, I just waited till he went up to his room and saw it. Pretty soon I heard him playing a simple tune, badly, on it. It still kind of made me feel good.-

DdLwjcW.jpg
    Omar bathes Farrah.

Vh3n0UN.jpg
    Yay, potty training, Omar’s favorite.

X6NAbXJ.jpg
    Zayn sees his new piano.

@FurSimsOfficial Good luck to Eliyah, hopefully he can find someone who is willing to be in a committed relationship with him now.

@Koteyka I love how you seamlessly weave the supernatural elements into your story along with the mundane everyday type of gameplay. One reason I don’t do supernatural type characters is because I can’t seem to figure out how to make them seem plausible in my story. I mean, I just can’t see Omar being friends with Caleb the vampire and how that would even work, but you do it so well.

@Becka28 I loved seeing Lucas Munch in your game, I really like seeing how some of the premades in my game “turn out” in other people’s game.

@Daravi I love all your historic builds, I’m a rubbish builder, so anyone that can do it gets a big “hat’s off” from me. Oh dear, after surviving a war and famine your poor sims get killed by a random accident, it’s so sad, but it does make for an interesting twist in the game.

@Lucy_Henley You are so lucky all the children aged up well and turned out attractive! I think I’ve only ever played with that puppet theatre once in a game, it was in my orphanage save, I really need to use some of the kids stuff more, I forget about that water slide thing too.

@BlueSeaWaves Yes, I never put the washer and dryers in my games, besides the fires, I find the piles of laundry tedious.

(NOTE: I hate patches, I refuse to even patch my game until all my mods get updated usually, but in this case, I may just not do it at all. Everyone seems to be experiencing a lot of crashes and broken stairs. Plus, I don’t care a fig about the expansion pack. The only pack I’ve bought in the past few years is Discover University anyway.
    Also, I have always struggled with religion in my sims game and had used a generic “gods” term before, but recently I noticed some people referring to the in game deity as “The Watcher”. And, since I always sort of considered myself as the “Sim God” anyway, I decided to adopt this reference in my game too. Hence “Watchersend” instead of “Godsend”. Since this is my first ever story type post, and I’m still working on the standards, I hope you won’t mind the abrupt change too much.)

Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited November 2020
    So I bought Snowy Escape ...

I don't want to give too many spoilers, but I can give you a little hint: Some things are just not meant to be...

I'm quite excited to write about what's already happened in this pack.

It may take a bit to get there, but I might cut it down a bit as not much happened when [redacted] moved into Sulani. Mostly skill building etc.

Edit: On second thought, I feel like the second generation will age up quite soon, so I might draw it out, just a little bit ;)
    I do want the story of this first generation to have an ending.
    sunblond wrote: »

-Than was over, he says Mai has made a BFF, it’s not someone from the League of Adventurers either. Than said it was a boy named Seth Kalani-Garner, and that he was recently adopted by a gay couple. Brice Kalani, who, by the way, is the older brother of Chantel, Samyr’s ex girlfriend, and his partner Micah Garner, who is an ex boyfriend of Tucker’s from high school. Small world, right. Anyway Than says that Seth is very recently adopted and so doesn’t have any friends at his new school just like Mai, she’s in a new school too now, since the move. Than confessed he had been worried that Mai would get lonely, after the move, what with not having her friends around and being in a new school, so he is thrilled that she got in the Kid’s Club and had made a new friend already. It may be kind of mean of me, but seeing my brother concerned about his little girl and worrying makes me feel good, kind of like I’m not the only one who gets like that, OK?-

9Mp1D7j.jpg
    Mai is in the League of Adventurers.

OS02odQ.jpg
    Mai makes a new friend, Seth Kalani-Garner.

5Pnzw7b.jpg
    Mai and Seth are BFF’s now.

(NOTE: I hate patches, I refuse to even patch my game until all my mods get updated usually, but in this case, I may just not do it at all. Everyone seems to be experiencing a lot of crashes and broken stairs. Plus, I don’t care a fig about the expansion pack. The only pack I’ve bought in the past few years is Discover University anyway.
    Also, I have always struggled with religion in my sims game and had used a generic “gods” term before, but recently I noticed some people referring to the in game deity as “The Watcher”. And, since I always sort of considered myself as the “Sim God” anyway, I decided to adopt this reference in my game too. Hence “Watchersend” instead of “Godsend”. Since this is my first ever story type post, and I’m still working on the standards, I hope you won’t mind the abrupt change too much.)

I might not be able to catch up on every post, but I'm still working on reading everything. I may have to respond to things starting with this post moving forward. Izzy definitely appears to be getting the attention of a lot of the other guys. Poor Omar must be struggling to keep an eye on everyone.

I'm wondering if Seth Kalani-Garner had any relation to Kylen and Rylan Kailani. The name is different, so I'm not sure. I combined the Hawaiian words Kai and Lani to make the last name. I think it essentially means sea and sky.

I can understand the struggle with religion. I use the word Elemental Temple for Dylan and Zephyr's home because of the Island Elemental Spirits in Sulani. I think of the elementals as spirits that are more a part of nature than actual gods that rule over a domain.

My game auto-updated, so the crashes caught me by surprise. I'm looking forward to the hot springs and some of the other stuff in the pack. I think the sentiments are a good idea, but, as things are, I can't explore them.

The stairs do not work, and it takes hours to repeatedly do the same thing only to lose most of your progress when the game crashes. I did notice things running a bit smoother after reinstalling the game and finishing the update for one of my houses.

If I knew how long I had before the game crashes, I could do more faster.

I have a feeling that most players are busy trying to fix the stairs in their sim's homes. The full experience with sentiments and the part of the sentiments system that causes crashes might be less known.
    edited June 2021
    After disabling the audio as advised in a separate thread, game crash did not happen again in my case for at least an hour.

@Metior_Ice Thanks! And yes, choosing the right traits in CAS also helps :)
    @vancanuckfan86 Good thing the gnomes can be stopped by putting them in the inventory :D
    Reality Kings Season 2-Episode 8

Erik was also successful in his very first audition!
    Ep8-sc-2.png

He had to build his fitness and handiness skills, so he went to Skye Fitness with his close friends to work out. Then he upgraded one of the shower boxes in the gym.
    Ep8a.jpg

After satisfying the skill requirements, he spent time with Dane in the GeekCon.
    Ep8b.jpg

Show spoiler to see how Erik's very first gig went.
    He had to rehearse with his co-star Deauxma. However, the "Rehearse Scene" option was not available because Erik was an "Unknown" that moment. He had to skip that task.
    Ep8c.jpg

He had himself styled.
    Ep8d.jpg

And then he got into costume.
    Ep8e.jpg

And then he told the director he's ready.
    Ep8f.jpg

Despite not having rehearsed the scenes with his co-star, Erik still did very well in his scenes.
    Ep8g.jpg

Well enough for him to get a gold and be promoted to "Guest Star."
    Ep8-sc-3.png

Manuel was in the studio as well. A few social interactions with him earned Erik the "Notable Newcomer" celebrity status.
    Ep8h.jpg
    Ep8-sc-5.png
    Ep8-sc-4.png

Erik also transferred to Well Suited Talent Agency.
    Ep8-sc-7.png

Erik went to Orchid A Go Go with Manuel and Mick to have some drinks.
    Ep8i.jpg
    Ep8-sc-8.png

Erik passed another audition.
    Ep8-sc-11.png

Jordan paid him a visit.
    Ep8-sc-10.png
    Ep8j.jpg

Erik had to do some mean interactions with another Sim, so it was a perfect timing that there was a noise in Kim's apartment. He also had to build his handiness skill, so he did a toilet upgrade.
    Ep8k.jpg

Show spoiler to see how Erik's next gig went.
    Of course, he got styled again and got into costume. He also practiced acting in the dressing room. Then he told the director he's ready.
    Ep8l.jpg

This time, his co-star was Veronica (Katrina Caliente's sister). Everything went well again.
    Ep8m.jpg

He got another gold and got nominated for an award.
    Ep8-sc-12.png

He also got praised by his talent agency.
    Ep8-sc-1.png

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    SwanSong93 wrote: »
    After disabling the audio as advised in a separate thread, game crash did not happen again in my case for at least an hour.

@Metior_Ice Thanks! And yes, choosing the right traits in CAS also helps :)

Tis very true. But, you can only pick three traits out of many. You can always pick the Active trait or similar traits, BUT, I do like having traits with a little more to them.

Music Lover for Creative
    Geek for Knowledge
    Lazy Dance Machine for the fun of it

Wait for it. Wait for it...

A Clumsy, Active, Outdoors lovers

I'm more of a Clumsy, Music Loving, Child of the Ocean, but I think variety is what makes the world interesting.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    I haven’t got any pictures to share yet but hopefully I’ll get around to that soon! I started playing sims 4 recently and am on my second generation. My founder, Elianne, is a mermaid and a musician. She married Paka’a Uha from Sulani, who became a Marine biologist. Elianne had an interesting quirk in that she was a foodie , so every time she drank water to help keep her hydration up, she got an ‘uncomfortable’ moodlet from drinking something so plain!

They had four children - Luke, Sienna, and identical twins Sapphire and Jade. Luke and Sapphire recently got married, and Sienna just had a baby girl, Alina. Jade was the one chosen to continue the next generation though. She is an astronaut and married an alien, Xenophon. I didn’t realise that the game didn’t recognise hybrids though, so I’ve had a couple of issues with their children missing body parts 😳. Thankfully, there’s a mod that fixed that, although I’m not sure whether that’s what is causing my game to crash after the update.

Jade went to Batuu, where she joined the Resistance. Xen went with her and provided a distraction every time Jade had to do a mission in the First Order complex. Consequently, he’s made a few friends there! He even autonomously went to distract Kylo Ren when Jade needed to sabotage the TIE Eschelon 😂. Such a good and brave spouse.

They’ve had four children so far, all named for light-side Star Wars characters - Obi-Wan, Leia, Poe and Rey. Jade is pregnant for the final time with twins Padme and Ahsoka. Even though I haven’t seen her genetics yet, I’m thinking Ahsoka will be the heir as the next one will do the Smugglers group in Batuu, and Ahsoka in the series did leave the Jedi Order. Then the heir of the next generation will do the First Order aspiration.
    edited November 2020
    @MayaRose1138 Uncomfortable drinking water?! That is an interesting quirk.

Yeah, the game doesn't recognize hybrids and that issue you experienced is what makes me so paranoid about Aliens and my Merman Sims.

The only hybrids that appear functional are

Ghost-Vampire
    Vampire-Elemental
    Ghost-Vampire-Elemental
    Ghost-Spellcaster
    Spellcaster-Elemental
    Ghost-Spellcaster-Elemental
    Ghost-Alien
    Alien-Elemental
    Ghost-Alien-Elemental
    Ghost-Merfolk
    Ghost-Merfolk-Elemental
    Merfolk-Elemental

Elementals are any sim with the Sulani Mana Trait
    All Occults can have a ghost form that can use their occult powers.
    Island Elementals, or ghosts summoned by sims with the Child of the Islands trait, have the unique Sulani Mana trait.

Turning Island Elementals mortal is the only way to get the trait without cheats, and a sim must have the Child of the Islands trait.

But, it does scare me...

Merfolk-Alien-Elemental

Oh, the bugs I might encounter if that happened.

Aliens are particularly weird because pure aliens can only come from male pregnancy or a pregnancy between two pure aliens. So, mermen being the male sex of merfolk... I really did not like seeing Dylan and Zephyr dropping whatever they were doing to use the observatory I gave them, especially Zeph, given his traits...
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2020
    Its a very sad day when you find out your father has passed away on your graduation day. :'(
    125205594_1329141344095867_8594553435683642481_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=BGX66_okoOIAX9zAxth&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=ad61fbfc6b4f333604fb6ac517efb5ae&oe=5FD65595
    125220043_1329141327429202_5787472194465996819_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=6jFIVBQUndYAX9h2g6d&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=7298cb4d26a4f0893d121e48176fc315&oe=5FD61C62
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    @Daephene and @Sunblond

Thank you for the compliments of my buildings. I appriciate it, although I have exact the same feeling when I see other plots from many other builders. I fell quite as an amateur aswell. I just have recently discovered that I have with shift + c more options with the roof builds. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Warning, I'm going to have a little picture spam.

1922-1923

Aye, sigh, 1923 was an Annus horribilis, like the Queen would say. I think the wikipedia entry described the situation in this year very well:

Hyperinflation affected the German Papiermark, the currency of the Weimar Republic, between 1921 and 1923, primarily in 1923. It caused considerable internal political instability in the country, the occupation of the Ruhr by France and Belgium as well as misery for the general populace. A loaf of bread in Berlin that cost around 160 Marks at the end of 1922 cost 200,000,000,000 Marks by late 1923. By November 1923, the US dollar was worth 4,210,500,000,000 German marks.
    An old teacher said once to mee, that everyone was in hurry back in those times. Men had to run to home to bring their daily salary to their wifes. The wifes ran with this to the bakery to get some bread before the Mark lose more value again. Any wealth people had have somehow melted in the hyperinflation. Also a certain A. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and his brown party stepped in the public with the beer hall putsch.

But first things first.

The loss of Ludwig, Viktoria and Karl hit the family hard, especially the granddaughters and Hedwig.
    EyydKQL.png
    la2HAbs.png
    7Dyek28.png

With the months the pain has eased a little and Elfriede and Johanna were able to train some intruments again. Their familybond grew.
    wjKJ5zz.png
    ZrO16oF.png

But Hedwig still burst out in tears from time to time. But Her best friend supported her.
    i23QB1V.png

Hedwig began to hate the school and these strict rules.
    wcHEt68.png
    54jizvz.png

So her best friend decided that it's time to have some fun again.
    nTBlB4q.png

On saturday evening they made themselves a little bit older and went in a nightclub and have danced to the latest music.
    qtp4LmS.png

Toghether they saw a performance from an american entertainer.
    v84l74e.png
    And Hedwig got to know one older man, an artist too, which she found adoring and wanted to show her best side to him to impress him. /Erm, yes, that was the sentiment. Maybe she though, this is my ticket to get out of here, I don't know).
    9FLmcXP.png

Wilhelm was worried, when Hedwig came back late at night and he had waited for her.
    HVxa7oO.png

But Hedwig feels alive for the first time.
    2mdiunv.png

And for thanksgiving a delicious apple cake was baked.
    Fajzcxf.png

Not to see on the picture. The youngest child got a sentiment, which he feel hurt to his mother. I have no idea what was happened, but now he is either angry or sad when Luisa is near to him.
  • princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    An update on the Not So Berry Fizzle Family!

NEoJrfP.png
    Julep had taken an interest in Paka'a Uha, a co-worker in the Science field! But after an awkward date and not being able to get their romance up as high as I want, I decided Paka'a maybe wasn't interested.

Insert Jules Rico
    iAKwRvQ.png
    Jules came into Julep's life after that awkward date with Paka'a, offering to take Julep on a Love Day Date, which she happily accepted.

cjt0mn9.png
    The Love Day boost made this a whirlwind romance, ending in the coveted Legacy Style Romance

mCh2WjT.png

WyJJ57p.png

A kiss....

cmmvBrz.png

And a woohoo!

UOrTEbe.png

Things apparently got so steamy that Jules set himself on fire, and Julep had to rescue him (resulting in a nice sentiment!)

xlibDsm.png

Despite their romance not working out, Puka'a and Julep are still really close! They come over all the time to hang out <3 Which will be much appreciated with the development of a baby bump

44IHl6w.png

Unsurprisingly, Julep was pregnant with Jules's baby! Though he tried to be happy....

dPXW8sU.png

Jules wasn't exactly thrilled with this development. So much so that he turned to an old flame...Bess Sterling

Apfd0g4.png

It was weird to Julep that Bess was hanging around more, especially with a baby on the way.

C5ahPpn.png

rhsOlYj.png

Unbeknownst to Julep, Jules and Bess we're getting a little too close for comfort...Not a great thing to do behind a jealous sim's back.

For now, Julep is blissfully unaware, and in labor!

C7RLFxq.png
    XUnLkgY.png

5AJo2A2.png

And so, to end this update, I'd like to introduce you all to the first heir of the Fizzle family!

zCI17eG.png

Welcome to the world, Twizzler Fizzle <3
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Remember when I mentioned there were no little green babies when Sera and Pollination Tech #9 woohooed in that closet? It seems that I was wrong and she did have some green twin girls right under my nose.

Dreamer (The Sims 2): Thanks to the Slice of Life mod, there are popularity levels for the teens (popular, invisible, bullied) and Dirk is one of the popular kids. Since he'd a jock who wanted a basketball hoop, I made a headcannon where he plays for the school basketball team. Here's him and his friend, Carlos Contender (The Sims 2), working on his science project.
    11-13-20-10-13-38-pm.png

So when there were new neighbors, Darren and his son just had to meet them. Darren got to some attention from Jessica Peterson (The Sims 2).
    11-14-20-5-05-04-pm.png

While Dirk started dating Twyla Boogieman (Monster High).
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Wanted to take a vacation in a haunted manor. It wasn't the locale or the vampires that scared us... it was the cost of the vacation:

g8n7Qmg.png
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited November 2020
    My first generation, Ben Cole,(pre-deceased by his wife) passed away on the 11th and his grandchildren are now adults with children, or starting their families. Hadley, his oldest daughter, now has five grandchildren(Nichole, Ryan, Carmen**, Celeste**, and Elliott). His son Oliver has two grandchildren(Adelyn and Travis), and his daughter Emily has one grandson from her own son Michael,(Carter) with one more on the way, from daughter Katie-Marie.

**Carmen and Celeste are the second set of twins born into my legacy.

Unfortunately, MCC terminated Katie-Marie's pregnancy of her own twins because of the household capacity(8 sims only)

Oh! I won Snowy Escape in a giveaway and Hadley's hubby surprised her with a trip to the mountains. I can never remember how the world's name is spelled, so I'm not gonna try. Lol
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have about 4-5 save files for my sims 4 game, each with different worlds and plans.
    Anyway, i played a save file I haven't played on for awhile. In it I have one family of eight sims. When I first made them, i didn't have a lot of packs yet. So, I gave the family new outfits, and updated their looks a bit. The family consists of a mother and father and their two kids, and the mother's sister and her two kids, which were all created in CAS. They had a son who I aged into child in the game. I went with the aunt to work, and she was super tired, but still passed her audition. her sister went to work, and since I didn't go with her she failed her audition. She didn't seem to care, though. All the teens were having issues, so they had to be taken care of for that, but all of them, except for one, are doing well in school. One of my female teens and her cousin got my first sentiment, which was a close bond. I had the cousin go over to cheer her up when she was in a bad mood, and the both received the sentiment. The youngest sim is doing well in school as well.
    I spent most of my time trying to get their moods better, and I plan to have a date night between the mother and father, because they haven't seen each other much due to conflicting work schedules, and also being surrounded b teenage drama.
    edited June 2021
    @Metior_Ice I was able to witness how convenient the trait "Dance Machine" could be for saving sleep time just recently (via "Disco Nap")... It renders the Reward Trait "Seldom Sleepy" useless...
    Reality Kings Season 2-Episode 9

Erik went to the the awards night with Mick and Manuel. They were the early birds of the event.
    Ep9a.jpg

The three of them got bored, so they decided to grab some drinks. (Note: The image quality was reduced in the collage, and Manuel looks much more handsome in HD.)
    Ep9b.jpg

The chairs were all occupied when they returned, so they had to sit in the sofa at the back. None of the three won an award. Maybe next time! Manuel and Mick went home before Erik.
    Ep9c.jpg

Manuel spent the Winterfest with his family and Father Winter.
    Ep9d.jpg

Father Winter was even amazed by Manuel's guitar skill.
    Ep9e.jpg

Manuel slept in his former bedroom that night.
    Ep9f.jpg

Mick passed another audition.
    Ep9-sc-3.png

Show spoiler to see how the gig went.
    Basically, it was just a reshoot of his latest gig (same role, same co-star). He did better than last time.
    Ep9g.jpg
    Ep9h.jpg

It may be a rehash but it earned Mick three things:
    1. Promotion to "Supporting Actor"
    Ep9-sc-1.png

2. Rise of celebrity status to "Rising Star"
    Ep9-sc-2.png

3. Award nomination
    Ep9-sc-4.png

Erik was also in the studio (in chicken costume).
    Ep9i.jpg

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    Episode 8
    @SwanSong93 Dance Machine is an awesome trait for sure. I would still get seldom sleepy because it basically makes it so they don't have to sleep.

My fondest memory of the dance machine trait at work involved a rags to riches style game with four mermen brothers. They were all sleeping in the water, but one of them seemed to get energy faster sleeping. I didn't know why at the time. Eventually, it reached a point where the brother with the dance machine trait started riding a jet ski at night. Sulani has some lots with these things floating around in the ocean. It was kinda funny.

The chicken outfit on erik was hilarious! :D
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 Uncomfortable drinking water?! That is an interesting quirk.

Yeah, the game doesn't recognize hybrids and that issue you experienced is what makes me so paranoid about Aliens and my Merman Sims.

The only hybrids that appear functional are

Ghost-Vampire
    Vampire-Elemental
    Ghost-Vampire-Elemental
    Ghost-Spellcaster
    Spellcaster-Elemental
    Ghost-Spellcaster-Elemental
    Ghost-Alien
    Alien-Elemental
    Ghost-Alien-Elemental
    Ghost-Merfolk
    Ghost-Merfolk-Elemental
    Merfolk-Elemental

Elementals are any sim with the Sulani Mana Trait
    All Occults can have a ghost form that can use their occult powers.
    Island Elementals, or ghosts summoned by sims with the Child of the Islands trait, have the unique Sulani Mana trait.

Turning Island Elementals mortal is the only way to get the trait without cheats, and a sim must have the Child of the Islands trait.

But, it does scare me...

Merfolk-Alien-Elemental

Oh, the bugs I might encounter if that happened.

Aliens are particularly weird because pure aliens can only come from male pregnancy or a pregnancy between two pure aliens. So, mermen being the male sex of merfolk... I really did not like seeing Dylan and Zephyr dropping whatever they were doing to use the observatory I gave them, especially Zeph, given his traits...

Fortunately, I don’t play with ghosts or vampires, so I can eliminate those, but I might have to put off getting a spell caster until I breed out the alien and merfolk out of my sims! I don’t know anything about Elementals, so I don’t think I’m at risk of that... yet 😏.

Jade got abducted by aliens an hour after arriving home with Rey! And while I was playing today, Xen got abducted (I like to think his parents were getting him back for a reunion because he came back exhilerated!). He couldn’t get pregnant though because there is no room in the household. After experiencing the problems with hybrids, I feel for you and I hope your sims don’t get alien babies!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top